BIONICLE - Island of Doom: "The Arrival" (Animation)

• 1 month later...

This looks very impressive. Others here have already pointed out how it doesn't precisely follow the canon events, but I'm sure that's excusable if this is intended to be just an animation test of some sort. Of the two to three months you said this took to make, how much of that time was spent building the models and how much was spent animating those models. I may not have any experience in 3D animation, but I would imagine that progress on such a project as this should go a little quicker once the models of every single character being featured have been built.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

This looks very impressive. Others here have already pointed out how it doesn't precisely follow the canon events, but I'm sure that's excusable if this is intended to be just an animation test of some sort. Of the two to three months you said this took to make, how much of that time was spent building the models and how much was spent animating those models. I may not have any experience in 3D animation, but I would imagine that progress on such a project as this should go a little quicker once the models of every single character being featured have been built.

That is correct. It is the Modeling, texturing, and rigging phase that takes the longest. But once you have done that, you don't have to do it again (except when modeling other characters of course). Animating is my specialty, so that doesn't take much. But then rendering... now that can take long. It all depends on the scene you are trying to render and how many passes you have to go through (diffuse, AO, Alpha, etc).

And thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

This is amazing! Good job ^_^

"The future will bring the answers to your questions, but only if you stop speaking long enough to notice them."

~Toa Nuju

My fanfiction (continuation of G1):

Chapter1 The Plan

Chapter2 The Encounter

Chapter3 The Blueprints

Chapter4 The Fight

Chapter5 The Traveller

Chapter6 New Tools

Chapter7 Rescuers on the Red Star

My musical project: The Chronicler (the topic of the project)

Songs:

- Le-Matoran in Bota Magna

- Triumph of The Seventh Toa

- Building New Atero (Le-Matoran in Bota Magna VIP)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So how's progress going so far? Got any new models to share? Or is it going to be a while longer before we see anything new?

Thank you for still wishing to see some more 3d art from me. I work on Matoro Inika in my spare time.

EDIT: Here's a quick look at his organic kanohi! :) That mouth is an interesting one to rig. In the set, it is sealed shut. But in my version, it will open up to lip movements as best as I can possibly do with that mask.

Mask_ren2.jpg

--Tohkann T.O.A

Edited by Tohkann toa of arts

I've been very curious to see how you'd do the mouth on Matoro Inika's mask, as it's pretty much the only mask I can't imagine in the old movie style without looking awkward. Looking good so far! Interested to see it completed! You've done a fantastic job on Jaller already, his Matoran version of his new mask is incredible, like it came straight from the movie designers. Incredible work!

Edited by Takatu
rahkshi_symbol.png