LEGO Group Ranked Sixth Most Highly Regarded Company Globally

Two days ago, the Reputation Institute released their 2016 RepTrak 100 report ranking companies on their reputation with consumers. This year's report placed the LEGO Group sixth in the overall rankings, according to a LEGO Group press release. This is one place behind last year's results due to The Walt Disney Company moving up one slot in the rankings, but it still puts the LEGO Group within the top ten for their sixth consecutive year. Rankings are based on consumer surveys as well as scores in seven categories, in which the LEGO Group's score remained stable or increased from the 2015 results. Follow the links above to learn more!

View the full article

Not surprising that LEGO was in the top 10, but I was rather interested in the companies ranked ahead of it. Google and Disney are to be expected, though I had to do a double take and look up Rolex and Daimler to verify that they were what I thought they just were. Kind of surprising that a watch maker got the top spot.

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

Not surprising that LEGO was in the top 10, but I was rather interested in the companies ranked ahead of it. Google and Disney are to be expected, though I had to do a double take and look up Rolex and Daimler to verify that they were what I thought they just were. Kind of surprising that a watch maker got the top spot.

Not that surprising to me, honestly. Watches in general tend to be luxury goods and Rolex in particular has a great reputation for quality. The same goes for luxury cars, in Daimler's case. To be honest I think a non-Lego fan would be even more surprised that Lego (a toy company) was on the list, since toys in general often tend to be cheap and disposable and so many of the companies which produce them are much less dedicated to customer satisfaction.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm not saying that it's unbelievable or that Rolex's products aren't top notch. Yes, others might be surprised by TLG's presence on the list. But as you said, lots of toys are disposable--which you would expect to drive up satisfaction of endurable LEGO bricks. It's just there doesn't seem to be much of a precedence for watches. I'm not particularly excited if my watch is working great. Why should I? I expect it to work. I guess some people might really enjoy having a really nice looking or shiny watch.

Honestly I bought my watch at Wal-Mart for like $10. I don't see what is so special about a luxury watch - as long as my watch works, I don't care about how fancy it is. 

Whereas Lego makes unique, original stuff I can't buy anywhere else. It's not like there are 10 identical Ninjagos in 15 different price ranges. But my personal regard =/= the regard of the world, I suppose.  

You're missing the point of this ranking; it's not about the product, it's about the company itself. It's about how people perceive the company. It doesn't matter if people need fancy watches. What matters is that, when asked about this watch company, people rated it favorably as a good company. The same goes for LEGO; the fact that they make toys isn't half as important as how and why they do so. There are plenty of fun toys, but LEGO goes the extra mile to ensure both customer satisfaction and ethical business practices. That has far more to do with their ranking than whether their product is unique or more useful than a fancy watch or whatever.

• Upvote 3

Of course it's about the company. But if I buy a product for functional purposes only--say, for example, a pencil--I'm not going to notice if it works perfectly., because that's what I expect it to do. Really, I'll only notice if the quality if it isn't good. If that pencil I bought is working great, I'm not going to write a review saying how amazing the company is. Now, say that I had a fantastic experience buying the pencil, with good customer service and help finding the one color I wanted. That's what this list is looking more at. But still, it's a pencil. Like a watch, I see it as a functional item. It seems hard for a company to be able to generate a high volume of positive reviews for something that, again, doesn't really seem noticeable unless it doesn't work. It just must take a lot of good customer service reviews to get up there in the rankings. I'm not saying that the rank isn't deserved; just surprising.