Makuta Icarax

Icarax16

I recently completed a moc of Icarax that I would love everyone to see and tell me what you think, all you have to do is go to brickshelf.com and click search members: powers666 and icarax will be the middle folder. Please let me know what you think! Thanks everyone.

• Upvote 2

Welcome to the forums, Icarax16! This MOC is a great way to jump into BZP!

NOTES ON THE MOC: Wow, this is a really nifty character! I love his ornate weapons, the fact that you included the Shadow Leeches, and his great legs and feet. This is a job well done!

NOTES ON THE PHOTOS: I would suggest a couple of things. 1. Make sure your camera is facing the right way. It's very dis-orienting to try and tilt my head 90 degrees to see this work of art. 2. Give us more head-on shots so we can see the MOC well. 3. You can link your photos here the way DJ Khaled just did (thanks for that, Arnold). When people have to actively try to find the pics by themselves, they often give up and move on. Learned that the hard way. :P

Overall, though, amazing job! This MOC is top-notch!

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

I don't know why everybody pushes the mask down so you only see the top of the head...

Right!? All I see is an upside-down face.

I like the face without the mouth, not so much the other one with this "Graah!" expression. Seeing that face upside-down however, that is even more disturbing to me. To each their own, I guess. I just don't like the upside-down face, even if it were flipped.

• Upvote 1

I really appreciate the input everyone! And lessons well noted.

The number one most difficult thing about building this moc was building the whole thing without using any blue connectors that come in almost every set, however I managed to accomplish not using any.

All in all this moc is 462 pieces.

An interesting MOC to be sure. I love Icarax, and you've certainly given him a new spin while keeping him recognizable.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

I see your point, I had to make due with what I have, most of my pieces are in a shippment container since I left the military and did not drive back home, I had it all shipped from my house but alas it takes weeks.
Which is the single reason this was a tad more challenging than usual.

Also if you care to check it out on my brickshelf profile I have Teridax,Miserix,Brutaka and Chirox mocks as well.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi here is my profile link.
If the link does not work just type in powers666 in member search.

Please don't double-post; if you have something to add and nobody else has posted yet, you can edit it into your last post.

To link people to your Brickshelf gallery, you need to use a direct link to your profile, like this:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=powers666

This link has your profile name in it so we can go directly to it, rather than the /cgi-bin/gallery,cgi link that takes whoever clicks it to their own Brickshelf gallery (if they're logged in). Welcome to BZPower, and if you have any questions, the Q&A Forum is standing by for your call.

Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

When people have to actively try to find the pics by themselves, they often give up and move on. Learned that the hard way. :P

BTW, not to derail the topic too much, but now that we're talking about this anyway, is there perhaps a fear among people here of following image links of lesser known image-uploading websites?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you. Poor poor kopaka lol, I recently added four pics on brickshelf of Icarax in the final battle form, which is just a retool of the one you have seen already, just to give him a little more edge, not permanent..just thought it looked cool. Lol If anyone ever reads this please reply and let me know if Icarax with spikes looks better or the one without. Thank you...oh and just today I built him the rotating shadow blades that you can see on the last 3 images of my Icarax file on Brickshelf. Lastly I fixed some pictures on brickshelf so Icarax is facing right side up so you don't need to turn your head to look at it anymore.

Edited by Icarax16