Was Jaller revived in the Red Star?

This has been in my mind for a while. Jaller died once shortly before Takua`s transformation into a Toa. And as everybody knows, dead beings who have bodies are sent to the Red Star to be rebuild and sent back.

However, we do not how long it takes for one being to be sent to the RS, and the movie never showed us what happened to Jaller's body, only that they keep his mask.

So I guess it's safe to say that Jaller's body "disappeared" (was teleported to the RS to be repaired). His body(Well, at least externally) was in excellent condition, so he wouldn't need that much of a repair.

So I guess it would make more sense Takutanuva kinda teleporting him back from the RS thro his Hau and at the same time "repairing" him in the process(or something like that).

I believe so long as a mask still has a kanohi soul imprint the individual is not completely revived. The body is probably teleported to the Red Star after a short amount of time, and is simply on hold until the soul of the machine has had it's occupation in the mask expire and return to it's body. As that never happened to Jaller, the body was teleported back to the place of the mask in that magical sparkly wind swirl we saw.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I wonder how much Takutanuva actually knew about what he was doing when he revived Jaller. Because if Teridax knew there was a way to bring dead beings back to life... I mean, not that he particularly would want to, but- it still seems like a whopping great big thing for him to know of and never use in any way, y'know?

Edited by Alyska

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

I wonder how much Takutanuva actually knew about what he was doing when he revived Jaller. Because if Teridax knew there was a way to bring dead beings back to life... I mean, not that he particularly would want to, but- it still seems like a whopping great big thing for him to know of and never use in any way, y'know?

Takutanuva in general is a mystery.

• Upvote 6

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

Takutanuva may be one of the strangest mysteries of BIONICLE frankly. Regardless, it's probable that Jaller was teleported to the Red Star to be revived, and his physical form (or in simpler terms, body) was teleported back when he was revived by Takutanuva.

SO it's entirely possible.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I viewed Jaller's revival as a bit of a "cop-out" on part of the writers of MoL; but if the Red Star was involved in some way it would make some more sense. It would also help explain why the Red Star latter chose Jaller and his friends to be Toa. This fan theory actually explains a lot of plot holes, except for what was in Takutanuva's mind...

• Upvote 3

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

I viewed Jaller's revival as a bit of a "cop-out" on part of the writers of MoL; but if the Red Star was involved in some way it would make some more sense. It would also help explain why the Red Star latter chose Jaller and his friends to be Toa. This fan theory actually explains a lot of plot holes, except for what was in Takutanuva's mind...

Takutanuva could be unconsciously linked to the red star.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Takutanuva could be unconsciously linked to the red star.

Or, he can see destiny and is an agent of destiny. Goes with my personal belief that fusions have their own identity but the hosts that make it up are still active and can sometimes interact with the fusion spirit (well, depends on the power grip of the fusion spirit). And no, I did not get idea that from Steven Universe, I've had that personal theory long before the show was ever even mentally concocted.

Huh, whuh? Will of Grunchar? Shut up, this is Lego's canon!

• Upvote 2

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

If I recall correctly, Greg confirmed the Red Star only works within the interior of the Matoran Universe (that is, within Mata Nui's robot body). Since Mata Nui (the island) was outside of the Matoran Universe, the Red Star wouldn't have been able to revive any of its inhabitants. So probably not. 

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

If I recall correctly, Greg confirmed the Red Star only works within the interior of the Matoran Universe (that is, within Mata Nui's robot body). Since Mata Nui (the island) was outside of the Matoran Universe, the Red Star wouldn't have been able to revive any of its inhabitants. So probably not. 

But... isn't makuta's lair (where jaller was revived) inside the "skin" of the universe? it is quite a distance below the island, and is below the "shell-like" barrier below Onu-koro o:

Edited by Rahkshi Lalonde

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Greg did a blog post that said that the red star story would shed some light on Jaller's revival, sooo... it's possible that Takutanuva was just accessing the teleport system in ways not normally utilized.

In fact, is it necessarily teleportation? At least, the "going up" part? What if the system only sends the information of the deceased being's body up to the red star, and the actual corpse stays put? Like, MU beings have a black box equivalent that can transmit information so the original can be recreated. It would help to explain why nobody questioned the disappearing bodies...

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

No. 

Greg recently confirmed that the Red Star does not revive beings who died in the outer Pit or in Mahri Nui.

Off the top of my head, this means Reysa was not revived and is permanently dead. Poor Reysa. :(

EDIT: Or the island of Mata Nui. That party of Ta-Matoran "taken" in the MNOG, along with any casualties of the Great War, are also permanently dead. Not sure what that would have meant for Jaller; does Mangaia count as inside the MU?

It still brings up an interesting idea about what beings of both light and shadow can do when those abilities are heavily magnified at once together. I like the idea of one being able to "see" destiny clearer and feel it more strongly as they grow closer to their element and develop that power and part of themselves more, and especially a being with a strong sense in the two base polar opposites (light and dark) blending into a super being that can directly see destiny completely as it teeters on the constant infinite edge ready to collapse as it's paradoxically too unstable to live yet able to see the purest stable for of destiny in itself.

This is such a simple and lovely discussion that it makes me wonder why I stopped stopped coming to the storyline and theories forum. Probably because it's only inviting the madness to come in for tea as people dive shards of plate into their heads over the plot holes and vague/unexplained ideas only for them to suddenly erupt into flame wars where they start chucking the pots of tea at each other as they allow their fleeting sanity to now be debated over the semantics of canon and lose their minds only further as a by-product of having participated in the initial self hurting sanity plunge resulting from ever having participated in any sort of discussion. And at the end of it all when the whole place goes down in flames everyone just walks away no happier or enlightened than when they came in.

Wow that was a real tangent if I've every written one.

But yeah, Jaller never went to the Red Star or else we probably would've heard some really interesting tales from him that would have resulted in the Turaga locking him up for his own sake let alone letting him save the world on Voya-Nui.

It's still pretty interesting how he got his powers from the Red Star though.

I'm guessing that whole deal never really got an explanation either, did it? Well shucks...

Moral of the story, Bionicle canon is a beautiful evil probably best left untouched, but nope this is the Bionicle community lol.

No, but this does give me an idea.

We don't know how Takutanuva's regeneration abilities work, though we do know his Hau having an imprint of his personality was a factor in it. What if Takutanuva didn't teleport Jaller's body but recreated it instead? Think of it as something similar to transporters from Star Trek. The teleport system scrambles your atoms and then rearranges them on the surface below. However, there's a theory that the transporter actually kills you in the process and simply creates a clone of you with all your memories.

Takutanuva recreated Jaller's body and his personality from his imprint on his mask. The recreated Jaller goes to Metru Nui and eventually become a Toa, while his original body is left somewhere on Mata Nui. He's still Jaller, but this does bring up questions of personal identity.

Canonically, the Red Star cannot revive anything outside the MU, including Jaller's original corpse, but the idea of there being a second Jaller on the Red Star amuses me. Would make things awkward for Pohatu and Kopaka.

Remember Artwork III?

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

• 2 weeks later...

We know that Jaller died outside the matoran universe, and so he wasn't teleported to the red star. as for what happened to his body, i think that's just the "Mask of Light" being a kids' movie and not showing that.

As for what takutanuva did, we know he imbued the mask with some of his own life force, and jaller was revived because his kanohi still held an imprint of his soul on it. other than that, and the fact that the red star wasn't involved here, i don't think we can say much more about what happened there.