Crunchy's Forge [Paper Mask Archive]

Crunchyn

Well, I'm fairly glad I saved all the patterns to my computer a while ago. I do think you should leave it up for a while.Anyway, used my mask tonight. Couldn't wear it to school and didn't go trick-or-treating (never too old but had other plans) but I took it to a party. People thought it was pretty cool, especially those who knew what it was. Still haven't got a good way to keep it on though...
The ski goggles idea was pretty cool, and I'm thinking that maybe some broken headphones might be able to hold it on.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

That's a great idea! I don't have any old headphones laying around but I'll see if I can make something like that work.I'm thinking of doing a simple Iron Man helmet, and not putting too much into it but I would like it decently reinforced. Crunchy, any tips on helmet reinforcement? I'm also eyeballing a Mark VI Spartan helmet for later on...

Edited by InnerRayg

The beatings will continue until morale improves

Nowhere But Here, Nowhen But Now

Mask-Maker: Finished Hau

• 3 weeks later...

What I've been doing for support is hot-glueing strips of this foam-cardboard hybrid board (I'm not sure exactly what it's called, but I'll edit this later) and then doing old-fashioned paper mâché with strips of old newspaper and a 50% glue and 50% water mixture.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

That's a great idea! I don't have any old headphones laying around but I'll see if I can make something like that work.I'm thinking of doing a simple Iron Man helmet, and not putting too much into it but I would like it decently reinforced. Crunchy, any tips on helmet reinforcement? I'm also eyeballing a Mark VI Spartan helmet for later on...
I don't know if you've seen the new trend but people have been using those kiddie foam floor mats and hot glue in place of paper to build those helmets and armor. Granted, they have to edit the original patterns or model for ease of cutting and gluing, but if you're good, you don't need reinforcement, just seal and paint. a 4 pk of those mats [i think 16 square feet total] would be around $20, but if you have a Harbor Frieghts around, they sometimes have sales on those for $7.For the foam method, you need to learn how to cut the foam at an angle to allow for seamless gluing. and they do have templates for Iron man and Master Chief. Edited by CrunchbiteNuva

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

Thanks, I'll definitely consider that. It could be a while before I get around to it, my free time has been eaten by school and Speech, so I'll have time to check things out. Also, congratulations on the news page! I actually saw your Chronicler's Coffee in a couple places before I realized it's yours, so it's gotten around. Awesome work!

The beatings will continue until morale improves

Nowhere But Here, Nowhen But Now

Mask-Maker: Finished Hau

Because he is worried of plagiarism. Try PMing him and he'll probably give you a download, if you want.

Not so much as plagiarism as it is copyright issues. Just some issues in the past. I know that LEGO can't do it with their LEGO bricks because the court ruled them to be building materials and not intellectual property but Bionicle and its IP are pretty distinctive and I'm very cautious right now.Anyways, my interest in real-life masks is pretty much waning. Aside from the Akaku and Jutlin models, there's not any models that I have that are feasible for paper patterns, most of them were modeled in a way that I can't make paper patterns from them. Besides I only hear from Bulik and Pleurodeles Waltl here :PNot to say I'm completely done with paper Bionicle, I'm just thinking smaller now. MUCH SMALLER :D

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

Smaller, eh? *Rubs invisible goatee, in deep thought*Very interesting...Well, I hope your new idea works.

• 3 months later...