• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Crunchy's Forge [Paper Mask Archive]

Personal Collection Paper Mask Kanohi

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
171 replies to this topic

#161 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,052 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 01 2012 - 06:35 AM

Well, I'm fairly glad I saved all the patterns to my computer a while ago. I do think you should leave it up for a while.Anyway, used my mask tonight. Couldn't wear it to school and didn't go trick-or-treating (never too old but had other plans) but I took it to a party. People thought it was pretty cool, especially those who knew what it was. Still haven't got a good way to keep it on though...

The ski goggles idea was pretty cool, and I'm thinking that maybe some broken headphones might be able to hold it on.

imx_327053664.png

ryo786.png

Exo-Force RPG Profiles- Max Layer

#162 Offline Pleurodeles Waltl

Pleurodeles Waltl
  • Members
  • Toa

• 123 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 01 2012 - 06:17 PM

That's a great idea! I don't have any old headphones laying around but I'll see if I can make something like that work.I'm thinking of doing a simple Iron Man helmet, and not putting too much into it but I would like it decently reinforced. Crunchy, any tips on helmet reinforcement? I'm also eyeballing a Mark VI Spartan helmet for later on...

Edited by InnerRayg, Nov 21 2012 - 02:22 AM.

The beatings will continue until morale improves

Nowhere But Here, Nowhen But Now

Mask-Maker: Finished Hau

#163 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,052 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 21 2012 - 08:34 AM

What I've been doing for support is hot-glueing strips of this foam-cardboard hybrid board (I'm not sure exactly what it's called, but I'll edit this later) and then doing old-fashioned paper mâché with strips of old newspaper and a 50% glue and 50% water mixture.

imx_327053664.png

ryo786.png

#164 Online CrunchbiteNuva

CrunchbiteNuva
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 711 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 21 2012 - 05:48 PM

That's a great idea! I don't have any old headphones laying around but I'll see if I can make something like that work.I'm thinking of doing a simple Iron Man helmet, and not putting too much into it but I would like it decently reinforced. Crunchy, any tips on helmet reinforcement? I'm also eyeballing a Mark VI Spartan helmet for later on...

I don't know if you've seen the new trend but people have been using those kiddie foam floor mats and hot glue in place of paper to build those helmets and armor. Granted, they have to edit the original patterns or model for ease of cutting and gluing, but if you're good, you don't need reinforcement, just seal and paint. a 4 pk of those mats [I think 16 square feet total] would be around $20, but if you have a Harbor Frieghts around, they sometimes have sales on those for $7.For the foam method, you need to learn how to cut the foam at an angle to allow for seamless gluing. and they do have templates for Iron man and Master Chief.

Edited by CrunchbiteNuva, Nov 21 2012 - 05:49 PM.

#165 Offline Pleurodeles Waltl

Pleurodeles Waltl
  • Members
  • Toa

• 123 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 25 2012 - 01:51 PM

Thanks, I'll definitely consider that. It could be a while before I get around to it, my free time has been eaten by school and Speech, so I'll have time to check things out. Also, congratulations on the news page! I actually saw your Chronicler's Coffee in a couple places before I realized it's yours, so it's gotten around. Awesome work!

The beatings will continue until morale improves

Nowhere But Here, Nowhen But Now

Mask-Maker: Finished Hau

#166 Offline avmatoran

avmatoran
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,082 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 26 2012 - 06:03 PM

Hey, how come the download links are removed?

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

#167 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,052 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 26 2012 - 06:07 PM

Because he is worried of plagiarism. Try PMing him and he'll probably give you a download, if you want.

imx_327053664.png

ryo786.png

#168 Online CrunchbiteNuva

CrunchbiteNuva
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 711 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 26 2012 - 06:28 PM

Not so much as plagiarism as it is copyright issues. Just some issues in the past. I know that LEGO can't do it with their LEGO bricks because the court ruled them to be building materials and not intellectual property but Bionicle and its IP are pretty distinctive and I'm very cautious right now.Anyways, my interest in real-life masks is pretty much waning. Aside from the Akaku and Jutlin models, there's not any models that I have that are feasible for paper patterns, most of them were modeled in a way that I can't make paper patterns from them. Besides I only hear from Bulik and Pleurodeles Waltl here :PNot to say I'm completely done with paper Bionicle, I'm just thinking smaller now. MUCH SMALLER :D

#169 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,052 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 26 2012 - 06:35 PM

Smaller, eh? *Rubs invisible goatee, in deep thought*Very interesting...Well, I hope your new idea works.

imx_327053664.png

ryo786.png

#170 Offline avmatoran

avmatoran
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,082 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 27 2012 - 02:30 PM

Me too. I'd like to see it.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

#171 Offline Dr. Johnathan Crane

Dr. Johnathan Crane
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 45 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 15 2013 - 06:39 PM

y did u remove all the links?

riseylyricgif.gif

#172 Offline InnerRayg

InnerRayg
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Buttest of Dialers

• 12,846 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Mar 15 2013 - 08:37 PM

y did u remove all the links?

You'll have to PM him to find out. Since this topic is several months old it's always possible the links expired naturally.Revival closed.

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users