Official LEGO Video Games Discussion

Voltex

Welcome one and all to your one-stop wonder for everything about the Lego Video Games! Whether it be Lego Dimensions, Lego Star Wars, or even that one old Lego Alpha Team web browser game from 2004 - this is your place to talk about it!

Let's consider this a bit of a test, hmm? There are some members - and many staff! - that are not convinced that a forum dedicated to Lego Video Games is worth it. For those of you that supported the idea, this is your chance to shine; perhaps if this topic survives and thrives, you can convince the detractors!

(or maybe this topic will die quickly and prove them right, but let's hope not)

Anyway, because I love you all so much, I've gone ahead and made a big ol' list of every major Lego video game release I can think of (not including any web browser games, nor any Bionicle games, both of which could also be discussed in this topic, I believe) right here:

(Here's a list on Wikipedia BTW, with links to articles for most games)

LOTS OF GAMES

Lego Island

Lego Island 2: The Brickster's Revenge

Lego Creator

Lego Creator: Knights' Kingdom

Lego Rock Raiders

Lego Alpha Team

Lego Racers

Lego Racers 2

Island Xtreme Stunts

Drome Racers

Lego Bionicle

Bionicle: Matoran Adventures

Bionicle: The Game

Bionicle: Maze of Shadows

Bionicle Heroes

Lego Knights' Kingdom

Lego Battles

Lego Battles: Ninjago

Lego Universe

Lego City Undercover

Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins

Lego Legends of Chima Online

Lego Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey

Lego Legends of Chima: Speedorz

Lego Minifigures Online

Lego Ninjago: Nindroids

Lego Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin

Lego Worlds

Lego Dimensions

Lego Star Wars: The Video Game

Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga

Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars

Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens

The Lego Movie Video Game

Lego The Lord of the Rings

Lego The Hobbit

Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4

Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7

Lego Rock Band

Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures

Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues

Lego Batman: The Videogame

Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

AND MANY MORE HOO BOY

So I suppose a simple question to get us started: what is your favorite Lego video game?

I actually don't own that many non-Bionicle Lego games. I should probably change that in the future. 

Regardless, my favorite Lego game I own is Lego Star Wars 2 for the Gamecube. I really like the improvements it had over the first one, like the extra challenges, different abilities between characters, and the option to create your own character if you wanted to. Plus, being able to bring in characters from the first game was neat too. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

You forgot Lego Chess in that list.

There was a Lego Chess video game?

How do I get it?

It was a PC game back in the day, IIRC... I think there were a couple variations of it, actually?

/EDIT: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Chess

Edited by Destined Blade

You forgot Lego Chess in that list.

There was a Lego Chess video game?

How do I get it?

It was a PC game back in the day, IIRC... I think there were a couple variations of it, actually?

/EDIT: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Chess

Yep, that's the one, all right.

A very fun game, if I do say so myself. It was pretty basic, but a grand old time for familiar players.

The original Lego Batman was better than its sequel in that there was more content and better humour, as well as easier access to the customizable characters.

I would by Lego Batman 3, because space, but I'm saving money for next week, at which point I'll be in Orlando.

I also wish that there was a Lego Ninjago videogame available for the major consoles that played out like a normal Lego videogame, and used the voice actors from the show, if any. (although I prefer Ronin's voice actor from Shadow of Ronin over the show's voice actor for the same character, seeing as I feel said actor fits the role better)

Is it easy to find online?

I suppose the next question is also whether it would work on Windows 8/8.1/10 or another modern OS.

Seems to be easy enough to find. But it's a video game - you have to pay for it. There are the usual pirates who claim to download it in exchange for viruses that will destroy your computer, of course, but I don't recommend those.

I suppose the next question is also whether it would work on Windows 8/8.1/10 or another modern OS.

Seems to be easy enough to find. But it's a video game - you have to pay for it. There are the usual pirates who claim to download it in exchange for viruses that will destroy your computer, of course, but I don't recommend those.

As for the technical aspects, probably not. You'd need an older model of computer in order to run it, and a Windows XP should probably do the job.

So don't throw out that old laptop that you never loved - just swipe the memory off of it and enjoy playing all your ancient Lego games.

EDIT: Also, I'm sure there's some programs for running those types of games on newer models, but I don't know what they are or how they work.

Edited by Ghidora131

As for the technical aspects, probably not. You'd need an older model of computer in order to run it, and a Windows XP should probably do the job.

So don't throw out that old laptop that you never loved - just swipe the memory off of it and enjoy playing all your ancient Lego games.

EDIT: Also, I'm sure there's some programs for running those types of games on newer models, but I don't know what they are or how they work.

I can speak from experience that just keeping an old WinXP machine is the best and easiest option.  Virtual machines, VMs are a second best but they're kinda finicky, I've yet to get mine to play nice and share files with my actual system.  Linux (and I think Mac, could be wrong) users get Wine, which sometimes-just-maybe-kinda-sorta works for old games, provided you have enough time and patience for kicking the program into doing your bidding.  Those are the three options I know of.

(BTW, if ANYBODY out there knows how to get Wine to behave, I'd be thrilled to learn how)

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

A few months ago, I took advantage of a big sale on Steam to purchase a whole bunch of Lego video games at $5 each, not including DLC (which I also purchased anyway). I passed only on the most recent games simply because they are so recent that the prices have not yet come down enough for me to be willing to get them. (I'll buy them eventually, but not until they cost the same as the older games.)

Aside from Steam exclusive LEGO Worlds, here are all of the Lego games currently available on Steam:

LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga

LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7

LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures

LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game

LEGO The Lord of the Rings

LEGO The Hobbit

LEGO Batman: the Videogame

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

LEGO Marvel's Avengers

LEGO Jurassic World

The LEGO Movie Videogame

So far, I've only played Lego Movie, but I do intend to eventually get around to playing all of these games and reaching 100% completion at least once for each of them.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.