G&T Contest #2: Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows

-Windrider-

I think if additional time is to be awarded, it would better go to making sure all games actually get 20 days to run. So far, it seems the games are eating up most of their time just trying to get players.

The entry period and game running time has been extended. Entries will be accepted until Monday, April 18th at 11:59 PM Eastern! Game closures have been set accordingly - and remember, they'll reopen for the polls.

Would a spin on Kolhii be allowed, or does that stray too far into the realm of RPGs?

That would be fine.

MEMBER NAME: LUCINA

GAME & TOPIC: DEATH

OKAY HERE IS MY ENTRY

(yes i suppose that means i lied i'm sorry)

Wow.

Alrighty, thanks! I will get to work on my entry then. ^_^

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

By "Lego-related", does a game can be set in the Portal universe, as an official Lego version exists now?

"LEGO-related" has tons of loopholes. And since Portal is part of the LEGO universe now, it would count. Make things blocky or something, though, I dunno. :P

Some games run themselves, i.e. you would provide the prompt and then it would be up to the posters to continue the chain. See the "Everything is Awesome" entry, for instance.

Other games would require that you actively run them. So it depends, really. If you post a game that would require your hosting, and then you wind up not running it, that would be unfair and I'd probably DQ the game on those grounds. If you don't have time to host, I'd consider working out a game that can run itself, then.

• Upvote 1

We have a handy entry list; I encourage everyone to check out and try playing at least one of the games! Some still have slots open! For the polls, you'll be asked to judge the entries in part on gameplay, so it's important to get some firsthand experience.

Where can we find the poll at?

Gleaming glistens The Red Star,
Bringing life to death afar,
Up away in deepest space,
You call me from your distant place.

Proud member of the Kanohi Force (Disavowed, but never dead)

We have a handy entry list; I encourage everyone to check out and try playing at least one of the games! Some still have slots open! For the polls, you'll be asked to judge the entries in part on gameplay, so it's important to get some firsthand experience.

Where can we find the poll at?

It'll be posted shortly after the entry period is over and everyone's submitted their games.

Alright, here's my form. Clean of blood and totally violent-

*A rocket launcher falls out of the satchel*

Heh-heh, where did that come from?

*picks it up and puts it back*

Anyway, as I was say-

*The Infinity Blade falls out*

Uh.. Heh-heh... Lemme just pick this up..

*Picks it up and puts it away*

So, let's just-

*Weapons begin to fall out of the satchel*

Man, I am just so clumsy today.

*Puts weapons away, but more and more begin to fly out*

*Vigorously picks them up*

Just take the paper!

*Flies toward the sky, leaving a large hole in the ceiling*

Member name: Hadouken Toa of Shadowlife

Game title: Bionicle - Pacifist Route

Game topic: Here

Edited by Haduoken Toa of Shadowlife

72197956-EB80-4CAF-BB5C-D0D318A40095.jpeg.06500b6004773171b423d2a9714c6833.jpeg

In loving memory of our hero

Member name: Lewa0111 Nuva

Game title: Sad, Sad Matoro...

Game topic: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/22190-sad-sad-matoro/

Figured I might as well jump in on this one, been thinking of trying my hand in S&T for a while now. Good luck to all!

:mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

Some games run themselves, i.e. you would provide the prompt and then it would be up to the posters to continue the chain. See the "Everything is Awesome" entry, for instance.

Other games would require that you actively run them. So it depends, really. If you post a game that would require your hosting, and then you wind up not running it, that would be unfair and I'd probably DQ the game on those grounds. If you don't have time to host, I'd consider working out a game that can run itself, then

Would having the players keep track of their scores in a game be OK? 

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, not sure if it is only on my side over here, but it looks like the banner for this contest at the top of the page has an error. Might want to fix that or get rid of it if the problem is universal.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Question, after the contest, are we allowed to re-post our contest games so we can keep them going? I had a lot of fun running mine and would love to start it again!

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

Question, after the contest, are we allowed to re-post our contest games so we can keep them going? I had a lot of fun running mine and would love to start it again!

I'm not staff, so I have no official word on this, but games that enter in contests do have sequels that are not in contests.

So unless ruling changed, you can go ahead and post the sequel whenever afterwards. I definitely plan to post mine again; that was loads of fun.

To summarize, all games will reopen (unless yours has run its course and you'd like to keep it closed - let me know), sequels to contest games are very welcome, and the poll should go live tonight.

I apologize for my recent absence that prevented me from getting the poll up on the 5th.

EDIT: Go vote!

Edited by -Windrider-