Volta Artist Creates Amazing LEGO Bionicle 3D Fight Scene

The official LEGO Bionicle Facebook page has shared a 55-second video showing us the Toa as we've never seen them before! This video was created by an artist at The Journey to One animation studio Volta using that show's character models, but in a realistic and highly reflective style instead of the show's comic-like outlines and matte textures. In the video, the camera flies around a scene of the Toa, frozen in time as they do battle with the evil Skull Spiders. Follow the link above to check it out!

View the full article

• Upvote 9

I don't care what it reminds you of. That teaser was freaking lit! I'm also really pleased to see it because it shows the skill Volta has under their belt and also the potential they have in making future Bionicle media. *Praying and hoping for a new Toa Mahri mini-movie like commercial!

Gleaming glistens The Red Star,
Bringing life to death afar,
Up away in deepest space,
You call me from your distant place.

Proud member of the Kanohi Force (Disavowed, but never dead)

Now THIS shows what Volta can do! I hated Journey to One and didn't even think the animation was spectacular but I'm glad they're showing off their talents with this. It wasn't really that much of animation I guess but really impressive nonetheless.

Journey to One would have looked so much better in this style. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

First thing it reminded me of was the end credits sequence of Age of Ultron. Although I haven't been following the new Bionicle stuff all that much, that is absolutely gorgeous work!

That looks amazing. I, too, got an Avengers vibe from it. I would love to see more Bionicle videos with this kind of animation in the future.

I feel that same way, also. The video reminds me of that end credits sequence of Age of Ultron. I love the style in there. It looks so dark as the Toa are frozen in time like statues. I have a feeling that Lego is planning to turn the Toa into its own Avengers. I like it! I wish Volta could have done that for better. Perhaps for the summer episodes.:D

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Those are models?  Heck, I'd buy those more than the actual sets!

They're not actual physical models, if that was the impression you were getting. Just really good 3D renders.

Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

We've had plenty of BIONICLE media "in this style", "this style" being photorealistic 3D.  This just looks way better than any of those because it's panning over a frozen scene, which lets us see all sorts of details and get a better sense of depth.

Definitely a cool bonus.  Thanks to the Volta people who decided to do it.

• Upvote 2

OpAXNpl.jpg

They're not actual physical models, if that was the impression you were getting. Just really good 3D renders.

Well then.  Congratulations on fooling me.

(seriously though, somebody make figures that look like that)

• Upvote 2

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

Well then.  Congratulations on fooling me.

(seriously though, somebody make figures that look like that)

Yeah I know, it looks amazing.

First thing it reminded me of was the end credits sequence of Age of Ultron.

It does look like that, just better.

• Upvote 2

Kopaka.png

stone_good.png

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

• 3 weeks later...