Hero Factory: Contagion (Review)

Timageness

Review Topic for Hero Factory: Contagion.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter Two should be up sometime this week, and that's when things will really start to kick off in Arc 1.

Hopefully the resulting aftermath won't disappoint.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

• 1 month later...

Alright, people, here's the current situation.

Since I never actually made a point to advertise this, most of you probably are unaware that Hero Factory: Contagion was originally meant to be my entry for fishers64's Clipboard Blog Contest, in which participants were to take something that they felt Lego arguably could've handled better and remake it the way they would've liked to see it done in the first place. Because Hero Factory ended up being a highly debated topic amongst the majority of fans, I felt that a reimagining of the universe would be the most logical choice to meet the criteria, and so I began my two month long journey trying to give the line the story it actually deserved, in my opinion. Now as for this, I'm actually quite happy with how it's turning out so far, and I honestly have no regrets about the direction I decided to take things in, but since life seems to be fond of throwing curve balls at people, I'm finding myself at a bit of a crossroads of sorts.

For those of you who were in the dark about the contest's existence, the original deadline was May 19th, which was almost a week ago, and the prize was to be a 2016 Bionicle Winter Wave set of the winner's choice, which I was probably just going to give to someone else who participated since I have them all anyway. Unfortunately, I just recently found out that the user running it is now banned from using the site, so now part of me can't help but feel like everything I've done so far was for nothing, regardless of whether or not what I've been working on for the past two months actually had a shot at winning. So now I'm basically stuck trying to figure out how I want to proceed, since I currently can't decide whether I want to keep the story going, just to see where it leads and likely at a much slower pace, or to scrap it entirely and simply cut my losses.

Before I make a final decision, however, I figured that it would only be fair to allow you, all of the amazing people who chose to give this story the time of day in the first place, to share your thoughts concerning what should happen. The way I see it, it's just as much yours as it is mine, as a story is nothing without people to read it, and I've still got some spare time to continue writing if all of you still want to see an eventual conclusion.

Either way, I'll be holding off on deciding for the next week or so, just so everyone has a chance to share their input, so feel free to type up whatever comes to mind.

Edit: After taking a step back and a little bit of time to reflect upon my thoughts, I've decided that I will be attempting to continue the story, though without having a deadline to uphold, I am unsure as to exactly when the next chapter will be posted. I will try to get one up as soon as I can, however, so for those of you who still wish to continue reading, stay tuned.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

• 4 months later...

Sorry for the wait, but Chapter Four is finally up!

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé: