Big Bad Ekimu?!

Like the title says is Ekimu the real villan of Bionicle.

Let's look at this from what we have seen so far.

The legend says Ekimu knocks the MoUP off Makuta's face and goes unconscious.

This seems weird if you think about it.

In this situation Makuta should have been knocked out, but yet Ekimu is the one who's out cold.

So what if the legend was told wrong.

What if, what really happened was Ekimu wanted to be the only mask maker. He creates the MoUP and trys to attack Makuta. Makuta strikes Ekimu knocking him unconscious.

He goes and hides the masks of power.

The protectors knew nothing of Ekimu's dark plan and put blame on Makuta for the lost of there Mask Maker and hunt him down.

Makuta trys to put safe guards around the mask such as skull warriors, skull spiders, and other things.

He goes into hiding so the protectors don't kill him.

To help this wild claim look at Ekimu's personality. He is not that friendly, when he first wakes up he says "your late" and "where's my Mask." Not even thanking thr Toa for bringing him back.

In Journey to One he is determined to get the MoC. The toa make the assumption he plans on destroying it, but Ekimu never said anything of the sort.

So do you think Ekimu is are true villain?

Edited by ToaTimeLord
  • Upvote 6

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

But that's just a theory...a GAME THEORY.

​In all seriousness since I'm pretty sure this forum wouldn't appreciate it if I just left this topic with that comment, these kind of theories are always super cliche (ignore the lack of diacritiiics) and rarely hold water. Most people who theorize about comics, TV shows and so on really dislike them.

​Ekimu was knocked out by an explosion, wasn't he? The one caused by Makuta losing the Mask of Ultimate Power or something? And him saying "you're late" was a joke. Because we all know how horribly serious the animated shorts were, right? Stuff like was like Watchmen. He acted pretty friendly towards the Toa once they took care of the Skull Warriors. Dude gave 'em armor and stuff (of course, that could just be to give them an edge in his quest for EVIL. Or, you know, to sell toys).

​Also Makuta's "safeguards" were zombies who stole masks. If they were defending the Mask of Ultimate Power...why were they at Ekimu's tomb?

​And HEY, maybe I'm wrong, maybe for once, "(good guy) is EVIL" is true. Maybe a short line revival with a simple storyline is actually totally multi-faceted enough to pull off such a twist. But uh...this seems like something worthy of a fanfiction, not a huge revelation.

​Now, let's talk about a real theory: Ekimu's twin brother, the author of the journals.

• Upvote 7

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

​In all seriousness since I'm pretty sure this forum wouldn't appreciate it if I just left this topic with that comment, these kind of theories are always super cliche (ignore the lack of diacritiiics) and rarely hold water. Most people who theorize about comics, TV shows and so on really dislike them.

​Ekimu was knocked out by an explosion, wasn't he? The one caused by Makuta losing the Mask of Ultimate Power or something? And him saying "you're late" was a joke. Because we all know how horribly serious the animated shorts were, right? Stuff like was like Watchmen. He acted pretty friendly towards the Toa once they took care of the Skull Warriors. Dude gave 'em armor and stuff (of course, that could just be to give them an edge in his quest for EVIL. Or, you know, to sell toys).

​Also Makuta's "safeguards" were zombies who stole masks. If they were defending the Mask of Ultimate Power...why were they at Ekimu's tomb?

​And HEY, maybe I'm wrong, maybe for once, "(good guy) is EVIL" is true. Maybe a short line revival with a simple storyline is actually totally multi-faceted enough to pull off such a twist. But uh...this seems like something worthy of a fanfiction, not a huge revelation.

​Now, let's talk about a real theory: Ekimu's twin brother, the author of the journals.

With this theory the legend has been told wrong because the protectors had to piece together what they thought happen.

To answer your question to why the "zombies" where around the tomb was to find the Mask of Creation and destroy it so Ekimu wouldn't get it.

If Makuta was truely evil wouldn't he want to have that kind of power for himself.

Gonna leave my old post that expresses my view on this theory

I love the idea that Ekimu is actually the bad guy. Long ago, when the mask makers were still around, Makuta found out that Ekimu was becoming evil and corrupt and planed to rule Okoto as an dictator on his own. Since Makuta had inferior masks, and his brother could easily create more powerful masks than him, He spent a really long time making a mask that would countain enough power to defeat his brother, the Mask of Ultimate power. They eventually fought, but the fight ended on a tie, and the two entered a coma, and the 3 masks were scattered all over the island. The protectors at the time, mistaking that Makuta made the mask to take over the Island, interpreted that Makuta was the evil one, and that Ekimu was trying to stop him. Makuta, on the other hand, is weak and not full recovered, so he is doing what he can, sending his minions; Kulta to destroy the Mask of Creation, and Umarak to recover the Mask of Control for him, and to capture the elemental creatures so the Toa have less chances of getting the Mask of Control. Now that he is awake, Ekimu is using the Toa, gaining their trust, so they can recover the remaining 2 masks for him. Once he have The Mask of Creation, The Mask of Control, and The Mask of Ultimate Power, Ekimu will become invincible and betray everyone, unleashing a dark age of tyranicall rule over all Okoto. The Toa then will have to side with Makuta to defeat and free the Island.

Also I still haven't watch Journey to one, but it appears that nor denies or confirms this theory.

​In all seriousness since I'm pretty sure this forum wouldn't appreciate it if I just left this topic with that comment, these kind of theories are always super cliche (ignore the lack of diacritiiics) and rarely hold water. Most people who theorize about comics, TV shows and so on really dislike them.

​Ekimu was knocked out by an explosion, wasn't he? The one caused by Makuta losing the Mask of Ultimate Power or something? And him saying "you're late" was a joke. Because we all know how horribly serious the animated shorts were, right? Stuff like was like Watchmen. He acted pretty friendly towards the Toa once they took care of the Skull Warriors. Dude gave 'em armor and stuff (of course, that could just be to give them an edge in his quest for EVIL. Or, you know, to sell toys).

​Also Makuta's "safeguards" were zombies who stole masks. If they were defending the Mask of Ultimate Power...why were they at Ekimu's tomb?

​Now, let's talk about a real theory: Ekimu's twin brother, the author of the journals.

I also thought Ekimu could be a villain. It would make a great plot twist.

Skull Warriors placed around his tomb to keep trespassers out. They were there to make sure Ekimu wasn't reawakened, or else his dark plan would fall into place. In JtO, Ekimu kinda treats the Villagers like trash sometimes, as if he doesn't really care. He just kind of wants all the attention to him, instead of his brother.

I'm currently in the process of rewriting G2. PM me if interested.

Feel free to follow the blog! (https://spiritofokoto.tumblr.com/)

(note I haven't seen Journey to One and Biosector ain't exactly good when it comes to details like a characters behavior)

​See, the Skull Warriors trying to defend Ekimu from the Toa kinda makes sense. That came to mind while I was writing that.

​And didn't Kulta decide NOT to destroy the Mask of Creation, though, by putting it on? Was he just going to destroy it once he was done with it? "Oh man, this legendary mask is great! Anyways, better throw it into that crucible over there."

​Also, again, I don't think the line is multi-faceted enough for a twist like this to be a real story element.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Kulta certainly had a "I'm going to do my own thing and ignore my leader" thing going on, so it's entirely possible. Although, that feels more like a neat story detail that got pushed to the side due to the animated shorts' truncated nature.

​If Kulta wasn't exactly loyal, which would explain why he took the Mask of Creation instead of destroying it, and like you said the Skull Warriors were guardians, then you've got something.

​Although, characters acting like jerks doesn't make them evil. See: Sentinel Major from Transformers Animated.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Kulta certainly had a "I'm going to do my own thing and ignore my leader" thing going on, so it's entirely possible. Although, that feels more like a neat story detail that got pushed to the side due to the animated shorts' truncated nature.

​If Kulta wasn't exactly loyal, which would explain why he took the Mask of Creation instead of destroying it, and like you said the Skull Warriors were guardians, then you've got something.

​Although, characters acting like jerks doesn't make them evil. See: Sentinel Major from Transformers Animated.

Yeah. I wish the "Island of Lost Masks" book had more going for it then just copying the animations with a little side chat going on. Kulta could have been very developed, and made a real interesting character. Oh well, but we don't know if Kulta is dead or not, so there is always a possibility of him coming back.

Sentinel Major is a good example ^_^

Millenniums ago on the ancient island of Okoto, their were two brothers. The first was known as Ekimu the Wise, the second, Makuta the Overseer.  They were the Great Mask Makers of Okoto.  Ekimu was learned in the arts of leadership and became looked at by the island's people as a king.  Makuta was disciplined in the keeping of justice, he kept the island from falling into chaos and was seen as it's guardian.  Together these brothers justly ruled Okoto from their city at the center of the island, providing the Okotans with the masks they needed.

As time went on, Ekimu became closer to the Okotans and Makuta closer to the island's creatures.  The power Ekimu had over the Okotians slowly corrupted his mind and he devised ways in which he could rule the island for all time.  So one fateful day Ekimu forged the Mask of Time.  He used this Mask to make his cells constantly regenerate, which makes him immortal, and to age anyone who opposed his orders to dust.  Makuta after realizing what his brother had done, began work on the Mask of the Elements to try and destroy his brother's Mask of Ultimate Power.  The brothers faced off in their city, each with an army.  Ekimu had convinced the Okotans that Makuta wanted to rule over Okoto, so they fought alongside him to defend their home.  Makuta gathered the Okotans that were still loyal to him and some of the creatures he had befriended to fight the evil Ekimu.  This battle resulted in the fleeing of the Ekimu's Okotans to the far ends of the island, the mutated undead state of Makuta's army caused by Ekimu's evil power, and the escape of Ekimu into the dessert region of the island.  Makuta found Ekimu and their battle began anew.  Finally, Makuta was able to use the power of the elements to split the Mask of Time into two fragments.  This resulted in an explosion that trapped Ekimu in a elemental time paradox and Makuta's physical form was completely disintegrated except for his mask, which his essence is trapped in.

Hurrying to the location of the explosion, the Protectors found the lifeless form of Ekimu who relayed to them through telepathy what happened as he would have it told.  Makuta however, had been taken away with half of the Mask of Time by Kulta.

So no I don't think Ekimu is a bad guy I'm an Okotan. :P

Edited by Rakrondewl
  • Upvote 3

Millenniums ago on the ancient island of Okoto, their were two brothers. The first was known as Ekimu the Wise, the second, Makuta the Overseer.  They were the Great Mask Makers of Okoto.  Ekimu was learned in the arts of leadership and became looked at by the island's people as a king.  Makuta was disciplined in the keeping of justice, he kept the island from falling into chaos and was seen as it's guardian.  Together these brothers justly ruled Okoto from their city at the center of the island, providing the Okotans with the masks they needed.

As time went on, Ekimu became closer to the Okotans and Makuta closer to the island's creatures.  The power Ekimu had over the Okotians slowly corrupted his mind and he devised ways in which he could rule the island for all time.  So one fateful day Ekimu forged the Mask of Time.  He used this Mask to make his cells constantly regenerate, which makes him immortal, and to age anyone who opposed his orders to dust.  Makuta after realizing what his brother had done, began work on the Mask of the Elements to try and destroy his brother's Mask of Ultimate Power.  The brothers faced off in their city, each with an army.  Ekimu had convinced the Okotans that Makuta wanted to rule over Okoto, so they fought alongside him to defend their home.  Makuta gathered the Okotans that were still loyal to him and some of the creatures he had befriended to fight the evil Ekimu.  This battle resulted in the fleeing of the Ekimu's Okotans to the far ends of the island, the mutated undead state of Makuta's army caused by Ekimu's evil power, and the escape of Ekimu into the dessert region of the island.  Makuta found Ekimu and their battle began anew.  Finally, Makuta was able to use the power of the elements to split the Mask of Time into two fragments.  This resulted in an explosion that trapped Ekimu in a elemental time paradox and Makuta's physical form was completely disintegrated except for his mask, which his essence is trapped in.

Hurrying to the location of the explosion, the Protectors found the lifeless form of Ekimu who relayed to them through telepathy what happened as he would have it told.  Makuta however, had been taken away with half of the Mask of Time by Kulta.

So no I don't think Ekimu is a bad guy I'm an Okotan. :P

Very good theory! It makes a lot of sense, especially with the earlier idea of the Legend being altered :D

And it explains how the Skull Warriors act as a safeguard to the City of the Mask Makers, and explains the creation of the Skull Scorpios.

Edited by The Hordika

After destroying the skull spider "taken over" skull warriors in Journey to One, Gali says "and then we can destroy it!" to Ekimu (regarding the mask of control). Ekimu's voice seems to darken, and he says "You have much to do first. Go. I have masks to make." It almost seems like he does not want the mask destroyed.

Edited by Skalidor14 Studios
  • Upvote 2

After destroying the skull spider "taken over" skull warriors in Journey to One, Gali says "and then we can destroy it!" to Ekimu (regarding the mask of control). Ekimu's voice seems to darken, and he says "You have much to do first. Go. I have masks to make." It almost seems like he does not want the mask destroyed.

That's where I got the theory that he wants to use the Masks for his own personal gain

I don't see how Ekimu could be evil, but if Ekimu is evil, well, here's my theory:

Long ago, when the two brothers were making masks, Ekimu and Makuta started a little contest to see who makes the best mask. Ekimu wins, but Makuta gets jealous. When the people of Okoto praised Ekimu, Ekima felt that he is the most superior being on Okoto, so he acts like a jerk and feels that he should the sole ruler of Okoto because of his talent before Makute used the Mask of Ultimate Power. Ekimu saw this as a way to prevent him from getting all the ruling power to himself, so he knocked the Mask and accidentally put both brothers to endless sleep. Before the Toa arrived, Ekimu was thinking: "That's it! If my Makuta refuses to let me rule on my own, then I am going to send reinforcements to get the masks and use them to dominate Okoto!" Meanwhile, Makuta's thoughts are: "Oh, no! I sense Ekimu is still power-hungry! I need some reinforcements of my own to prevent my brother from getting the masks!" After the battle, the Okotoan falsely believed that Makuta is the evil one while Ekimu is the one who necessarily needs help from the good guys.

And then the 2015 and 2016 events happened. The Skull Creatures are sent by Makuta to prevent the Toa (Ekimu's reinforcements) or any Okotoan from awakening him or getting the Mask of Creation. Umarak is sent to get the Mask of Control for Makuta. However, the Toa succeeded into awakening Ekimu and getting his Mask. Ekimu never thanked the Toa for awakening for him and acting like a jerk to his people because the only thing is his mind is power that would soon be his. Ekimu is kind of not good at pretending, but he would get the hang of it later on. If the Toa succeeded in getting the Mask of Control, which Ekimu promised that he will destroy it, he would hide it instead and wait for the Toa to get the Mask of Ultimate Power next.

True, Makuta told Kulta to destroy the Mask of Creation, but when Kulta wore it to battle the Toa, this is just getting rid of them and Ekimu to stop them from interfering his mission. Umarak seems to be a greedy guy who wants to wear the Mask of Control to have power for himself. It's just that he is always evil, but Makuta is desperate and had no choice but to force him to complete his mission to put an end to Ekimu's attempt to have power over Okoto for himself with a tyrannical iron fist.

There you go. Things seem deceiving to the Toa and Okotoans, but they would know in the future.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

That's where I got the theory that he wants to use the Masks for his own personal gain
Same.

I stand by my theory. There's a lot of evidence that he could be evil. It's a cool theory to me ^_^

But think of it this way. The Skull Warriors weren't inherently evil, they just tried to keep the Toa away. Ekimu was the one who killed the Skull Warriors with the Toa. Wouldn't Makuta, if he were so evil, actually attempt to kill them? He gave no order to Umarak to kill them, just get a elemental creature. 

• Upvote 1

If Ekimu is a bad guy, I'm totally fine with it. If Ekimu is Makuta, totally fine with that too. Makuta had a lot of misdirection in early gen 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Hmm...I like this theory. While I like the story of Gen2 so far, this would, at least in my eyes, get this to the story level of Gen1.

But don't get your hopes up. Ekimu could very well just be a jerk. Not an evil jerk; just a regular jerk.

• Upvote 1

Never use LEGO and Megabloks in the same build - Me.

Most people who theorize about comics, TV shows and so on really dislike them.

This actually isn't true. Most people I've read theories from in places like S&T and even on tvtropes come from people who like the franchise in question. To write a theory, you have to have a desire to find out more about a particular thing, and you usually don't want to find out more about stuff you don't like. 

For example, in school, do you want to find out more about math if you hate math. Someone who hates multiplication isn't going to research it and write theories about it. Do you think up theories over topics that teachers assign you in school for research papers?  You probably don't. 

Criticism is not the same as a theory. Criticism comes from wanting to make something better; theories come from wanting to know more, and insults come from not wanting to understand something at all. 

Next topic that comes up: Is Kulta REALLY Dead?

Yes. He's a undead skeleton zombie, remember?

But think of it this way. The Skull Warriors weren't inherently evil, they just tried to keep the Toa away. Ekimu was the one who killed the Skull Warriors with the Toa. Wouldn't Makuta, if he were so evil, actually attempt to kill them? He gave no order to Umarak to kill them, just get a elemental creature. 

Yeah, but the Skull Warriors are already dead. What is the morality of killing something that is already dead?

This actually isn't true. Most people I've read theories from in places like S&T and even on tvtropes come from people who like the franchise in question. To write a theory, you have to have a desire to find out more about a particular thing, and you usually don't want to find out more about stuff you don't like. 

For example, in school, do you want to find out more about math if you hate math. Someone who hates multiplication isn't going to research it and write theories about it. Do you think up theories over topics that teachers assign you in school for research papers?  You probably don't. 

Criticism is not the same as a theory. Criticism comes from wanting to make something better; theories come from wanting to know more, and insults come from not wanting to understand something at all. 

What on earth are you talking about? Re-read my post, that's not what I meant at all. I clearly was talking about people who theorize about franchises hate "(good guy) is actually EVIL" theories. Congrats, you just totally took my post out of context.

Edited by Pat Lee

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

What on earth are you talking about? Re-read my post, that's not what I meant at all. I clearly was talking about people who theorize about franchises hate "(good guy) is actually EVIL" theories. Congrats, you just totally took my post out of context.

*facepalm*

Okay, I guess this place be the exception to that rule, hmm. The Bionicle G2 story so far is so boring we're hoping for ANY plot twist, that one included. 

*facepalm*

Okay, I guess this place be the exception to that rule, hmm. The Bionicle G2 story so far is so boring we're hoping for ANY plot twist, that one included. 

But there's not enough evidence for it. Maybe a few things here and there but that's because of personal canon interpretations, not something in the actual story, or even in the realms of *shudder* author intent.

​I just doubt overall that there'll be a big twist in G2 since the last one took ten frickin' years to complete. The story's shallow, yeah, but I think it's because LEGO doesn't want to go "into the deep end" again so to speak. If there's ANY kind of twist, I don't think it'll be something as cliché and silly either.

​Also, of course autocorrect starts adding diacritics to my posts now. Great.

• Upvote 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Yeah, but the Skull Warriors are already dead. What is the morality of killing something that is already dead?

Tell that Skull Basher, who the Toa KILLED

Most people who theorize about comics, TV shows and so on really dislike them.

For example, in school, do you want to find out more about math if you hate math. Someone who hates multiplication isn't going to research it and write theories about it. Do you think up theories over topics that teachers assign you in school for research papers? You probably don't.

Tell that Skull Basher, who the Toa KILLED
So wait. How dead do they have to be in order to be dead dead? I mean all those skull dudes were dead, but they seem to be in alright shape, so did they die from some virus or something? If Skull Basher died and became undead, then can he become undead undead from the dead? His life was questionable since he was dead and all, so becoming undead again wouldn't make a difference unless they dismembered him right? How did he die if he was already undeaded?

Gleaming glistens The Red Star,
Bringing life to death afar,
Up away in deepest space,
You call me from your distant place.

Proud member of the Kanohi Force (Disavowed, but never dead)

So wait. How dead do they have to be in order to be dead dead? I mean all those skull dudes were dead, but they seem to be in alright shape, so did they die from some virus or something? If Skull Basher died and became undead, then can he become undead undead from the dead? His life was questionable since he was dead and all, so becoming undead again wouldn't make a difference unless they dismembered him right? How did he die if he was already undeaded?

Just a little video about the difference between dead and mostly dead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbE8E1ez97M

Anyways; I'm keeping the crazy Ekimu is Evilz theory in mind; not because I actually think its true... But because it points out he is a bit of a jerk who is keeping a lot of secrets to himself. I think Lego will play the story straight, but I won't be surprised if its revealed he wasn't completely honest to the Toa. 

The only reason I think that way though mostly has to do with the "Begone Toa, I have masks to make!!" line in JtO... He is a bit of a jerk!

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Just a little video about the difference between dead and mostly dead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbE8E1ez97M

Anyways; I'm keeping the crazy Ekimu is Evilz theory in mind; not because I actually think its true... But because it points out he is a bit of a jerk who is keeping a lot of secrets to himself. I think Lego will play the story straight, but I won't be surprised if its revealed he wasn't completely honest to the Toa. 

The only reason I think that way though mostly has to do with the "Begone Toa, I have masks to make!!" line in JtO... He is a bit of a jerk!

lol, when I read what you wrote I knew exactly what it was going to be before I clicked on the link.

I just saw the JTO and in the prologue the red protector telling the story (can't remember his name) said the Toa somehow knew how to awaken Ekimu, right?  Well what if the Toa new because they put him to sleep.  They use the Mask of Time and go back and put both evil mask makers to sleep.  I don't know it was my first thought after hearing that.

Edited by Rakrondewl

I'm sorry to say, but somehow I do not think Lego would even think about making Ekimu bad, or Makuta good. The new generation is aimed to bring new young kids in, as well as the old veterans for nostalgia. But since Lego is bringing a new younger audience in, they need to keep a stable light vs dark theme going on, and it needs to be clear who is light and who is dark. Changing it up in the middle would make the story complex again, and they're trying to not let that happen.

Personally I wish they would twist our storyline, but I don't see it happening.

• Upvote 4

I don't personally believe the "Ekimu is evil" theories at all, but I think everyone saying it's impossible in Bionicle needs to be reminded about a certain Turaga Dume :P

Ekimu just doesn't have that kind of depth though. He's a jerk, yeah, but he hasn't done anything that seems evil enough to warrant this kind of plot twist. Like, totalitarian dictator who sends out robot police with the motto "surrender or run"? Definitely evil. A guy who is just there to hand out power-ups and exposition, and is kind of rude? I think this is just a case of unfortunate implications to curtness in a series with a really generic sense of good and evil.

• Upvote 2

Makuta doesn't have to be the good guy. Ekimu is definitely dishonest with the Toa. That could go somewhere. If LEGO handles it right, there will still be balance without Makuta being good and Ekimu being the big bad villain.

• Upvote 1

The possibility of Ekimu becoming an enemy to the Toa is not outrageous. Given the right circumstances, I could see him becoming a well-intentioned extremist or being corrupted in some fashion.

However, I'd need to see some supporting evidence to believe that he was "evil all along". So far, there hasn't really been any such supporting evidence, besides that he isn't telling the Toa everything right away... and let's be honest, since when have the Toa's mentors EVER told them everything right away?

With that in mind, the main reason people seem to be clinging to this theory is desperation for a better story. But the notion that an out-of-nowhere twist would somehow make the story better is frankly ludicrous. What made the G1 "Mata Nui is a giant robot" twist — and for that matter, smaller twists like "Turaga Dume is Makuta in disguise" — work is that the significant details established in the stories leading up to them made more sense in that context, not less. Without that kind of setup, a 180-degree twist isn't clever, it's cheap.

Also, as deep as people make G1 Bionicle out to be, it was pretty forthright about where its mysteries were. It didn't try to lie to us by telling us that Mata Nui's body was something OTHER than the Matoran Universe, or that Dume WASN'T Makuta in disguise, or that the seventh Toa WASN'T inside Takua all along. Instead, it left those mysteries open-ended until it came time for a reveal. In other words, as mysterious as it was at times, the G1 story generally didn't outright lie to us to make us think we already knew the answer to a mystery when in fact we didn't. If Ekimu was evil all along, that would mean that pretty much the entirety of "The Legend", our very first glimpse into the G2 story, was a fabrication. Again, that's not clever storytelling. It's cheap storytelling.

Overall, I'm open to all kinds of twists in the G2 Bionicle story, but I do not think there's real evidence supporting this one, nor that it would strengthen the story if it did happen without any real setup.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 6

Very fair reasoning, Aanchir. My creativity is showing in all this, mainly because I love some speculation and Turaga Dume's story was IMO one of Bionicle's best.

Also, it would be another great twist if Makuta was inhabiting Ekimu's revived body, and appearing in visions to Umarak to give him his orders. The power that the Makuta is said to have makes this theory a little more convincing. It would explain the dishonesty besides just "Ekimu doesn't want to say everything". That's why he said very quickly that he would "destroy" the Mask of Control.

Very fair reasoning, Aanchir. My creativity is showing in all this, mainly because I love some speculation and Turaga Dume's story was IMO one of Bionicle's best.

Also, it would be another great twist if Makuta was inhabiting Ekimu's revived body, and appearing in visions to Umarak to give him his orders. The power that the Makuta is said to have makes this theory a little more convincing. It would explain the dishonesty besides just "Ekimu doesn't want to say everything". That's why he said very quickly that he would "destroy" the Mask of Control.

Hmm...maybe I could see this working? I don't know. I can see some obvious inspiration from Dume again, but then, Dume was not an incredibly major character of '04. As such, we weren't all attached to Dume when it revealed that he was Makuta all along.

I'm pretty sure that a lot of people are now attached to the new G2 characters, and attached to Ekimu. That would be pretty weird, if Ekimu was possessed by Makuta.

Never use LEGO and Megabloks in the same build - Me.