First Auto Accident

Blastcage

Hey, I know that not a lot of you on here know me, but enough of you do that I figured this needs to be said...on Thursday, March 24th at 7:00 PM EST, I was in my first ever auto accident, and my best friend was with me. We were headed home in my car - a black 2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS with silver stripes - on the interstate, going northbound. It had been raining lightly...I was unintentionally going a bit too fast, and was in the process of slowing down when it happened. At 75 MPH, we hydroplaned, spun twice across the other three northbound lanes, went off-road and slid on the grass into two or three small trees that got knocked down, flipped over three times, and finally landed upside down...and somehow, we were unharmed. We were both bruised and sore, he had a few cuts, and I hit my head, but that's the worst of it. Sadly, the car was totaled. I had gotten the car on May 20th, 2012, and had not had any tickets or anything until this accident...my record was clean. Because I'd owned the car for so long, I'd gotten attached to it, so losing it, especially in such a violent manner, hurts deeply. My emotions are still a bit up and down of course...and at times, it still doesn't feel real. But above all, I'm thankful to be alive, and even more thankful that my friend is alive. The fact that we walked away from something so violent is a miracle that we certainly won't ever forget. Sorry for the long post, but I figured everyone needed to know, and I kinda needed to vent a bit. 

• Upvote 1

That's horrific. I'm glad you both walked away from it; not everyone does. I sincerely hope you both recover from your injuries, both the physical and the emotional. Here's for hoping your first automobile accident is the last.

• Upvote 1

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

That's horrific. I'm glad you both walked away from it; not everyone does. I sincerely hope you both recover from your injuries, both the physical and the emotional. Here's for hoping your first automobile accident is the last.

Thank you. It was definitely horrific, especially the flipping, that's what traumatized me. The most horrific moment was looking back at the vehicle after we'd gotten out...was hard to believe it. We're recovered from our physical injuries for the most part. Pretty sure all his cuts are gone, and my back is still just a little messed up, but I've always had very minor back issues anyways. Emotionally, he wasn't really affected, but I definitely was. I'm still not quite the same, and may not be for a while. But he's helping me through it, and I'll probably feel better once I get a new car. Still gonna take some time though...talking to people seems to help me, I've noticed. 

• Upvote 1

I'm no doctor, but it looks to me like you'll be all right in time; you have a good attitude towards the whole thing that lends itself well to healing. Losing a first car like that is always hard and I can only imagine how difficult that must have been to see the vehicle like that. I can but rejoice in the fact that you are alive and able to feel emotion, even if it's unwanted. You are alive and your emotional state can improve as long as you stay so.

• Upvote 1

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

I'm no doctor, but it looks to me like you'll be all right in time; you have a good attitude towards the whole thing that lends itself well to healing. Losing a first car like that is always hard and I can only imagine how difficult that must have been to see the vehicle like that. I can but rejoice in the fact that you are alive and able to feel emotion, even if it's unwanted. You are alive and your emotional state can improve as long as you stay so.

Thank you. My emotions are a bit all over the place, and there are occasionally times where I just don't feel much of anything, but I'm working through it. It probably will take me a while, but I've got my 21st coming up in 2 weeks, so that'll be fun. Also should be getting a new car this weekend if all goes well. 

• Upvote 1