How Much Of Bionicle Is Left?

Siriol

I'm assuming that in five to ten years they'll bring it back in a movie with lots of explosions and babes, like what happened with Transformers.

lol. You know, I might actually watch that.

Bionicle isn't dead. It's only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead...

Well, in a way (i.e. HF), LEGO is searching BIONICLE's pockets for loose change...

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

Ah, ****. I typed out this long testament to the legacy of Bionicle and the unlikelyhood of its return, and then I lost it. Shoot.Abridged version, then: It was what it was. It had its time. But it passed, and is unlikely to return. Its legacy are places like this site. They are "what is left". And that is what you should take away from this. Not the canceling, or the fabled return, but what it was to us once. Cause that is what you really want. And it is what you already have.-TheSnackist

Formerly Toa Nuva of Time, or Timedude16, or TheSnackist. I missed BZPRPG.

Bionicle isn't dead. It's only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead...

Let's hope that it is a big enough difference. :(

'"White!" he sneered. "It serves as a beginning. White cloth may be dyed. The white page can be overwritten; and the white light can be broken."

'"In which case it is no longer white," said I. "And he that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

--- Gandalf, The Lord of the Rings

I personally am of the belief that Bionicle has come to a conclusive end, for two reasons.1. Mr. Farshtey has a child now. A kid is agruably one of the greatest blessings one can ever receive in life. He is by all means obligated and entitled to spend time with his growing daughter, and raise her to be a thriving person. Also, we can't really blame him. At such an age, children are very high-maintenance and will take up much of his free time to begin with.2. Mr. Farshtey gave us fair warning the storyline would end with the year 2011. And at the time this is posted...that's only 3 days away. Time simply ran out.Of course, it's our job to carry it on here, though. :)

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

I say that as long as Bzpower lives, Bionicle lives. Now that Greg's got more important matters to take care of, the fandom of Bionicle, is Bionicle. Let us go forth and continue the main story in fanfics, make our own in the Expanded Multiverse, and become part of it in the BZPRPG. In the words of Tahu, my friends, it is time to move on.Well, I suppose 'forward' is a better word to use but you get the idea :P

I'd say there's plenty of Bionicle to enjoy still, considering the storyline. As long as there's still plenty to discuss, write about, draw, and simply reminisce about, then Bionicle in several technicalities isn't dead. It will keep on expanding as long as Greg keeps his devotion to Bionicle, no doubt.

Erm... No?Sure there's lots to talk about but the canon itself has all but stopped expanding. All that's left to do is speculate, discuss, and re-read the comics every so often.If Lego doesn't see enough profit is something they're gonna just shut it down, that's that.

-Thisisanoriginalsignature-

And if you focus purely on the canon, g.m.c4, then you will become very bored. That's why we have to move on to fanon. It's the only way to keep our interest in BIONICLE alive. :)

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

I personally am of the belief that Bionicle has come to a conclusive end, for two reasons.1. Mr. Farshtey has a child now. A kid is agruably one of the greatest blessings one can ever receive in life. He is by all means obligated and entitled to spend time with his growing daughter, and raise her to be a thriving person. Also, we can't really blame him. At such an age, children are very high-maintenance and will take up much of his free time to begin with.2. Mr. Farshtey gave us fair warning the storyline would end with the year 2011. And at the time this is posted...that's only 3 days away. Time simply ran out.Of course, it's our job to carry it on here, though. :)

On the other hand, Greg managed to write two chapters of TPTB in November 2010, when he already had a child. So that shouldn't be a problem. Also, small children sleep a lot. I really don't think Greg is using all of his spare time taking care of a child that's now almost a year and a half old.And yes, I know he's married and such. I know BIONICLE may not be the first thing you will do when you've got some free time. But no updates in six months? Family can't be the only reason.Let's just hope he's okay and nothing has happened to him.

Osaatko lukea tämän?

On the other hand, Greg managed to write two chapters of TPTB in November 2010, when he already had a child. So that shouldn't be a problem. Also, small children sleep a lot. I really don't think Greg is using all of his spare time taking care of a child that's now almost a year and a half old.And yes, I know he's married and such. I know BIONICLE may not be the first thing you will do when you've got some free time. But no updates in six months? Family can't be the only reason.Let's just hope he's okay and nothing has happened to him.
Well, weather he is spending more time than needed or not, he probably just wants to spend time with his (almost) new daughter.

'"White!" he sneered. "It serves as a beginning. White cloth may be dyed. The white page can be overwritten; and the white light can be broken."

'"In which case it is no longer white," said I. "And he that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

--- Gandalf, The Lord of the Rings

Even if Greg finally decided to get down to it and write another chapter, it's too late. Lego said nothing about Bioniclestory.com being kept online in 2012, much less updated. Chances are, the website is coming down pretty soon.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

I don't believe in fanon.And I love your pic, Angel Bob. Best episodes of the entire series.

1 - Well, that's okay. Everyone can choose for themselves what to accept as the story of BIONICLE. For some, including myself, it's official story plus fanon that fits in with our idea of the BIONICLE world and contributes to the richness of the experience. For others, including you, it's official story only. And there's nothing wrong with either one. To each his own. I shouldn't have been quite as snarky in that post, sorry.2 - I'd have to agree they were quite entertaining, yes, considering my username and avatar hail from those episodes. XD Classic Moffat - incredibly creepy and incredibly funny. But I digress, this is not the Official Doctor Who Topic. (There's got to be one of those somewhere in COT.)
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

• 2 weeks later...

The Bionicle theme song?! What?! What the ###### do mean by, "the Bionicle theme song"?!

Toa Aerrow

The Toa of Nature

--------------------

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

--------------------

I am a Seeker! does that mean i seek stuff?

--------------------

" Most People would say that this mission is Dangerous, Reckless, and pretty much impossible."

"In other Words, Just our Style!"

-- Aerrow and Piper, Storm Hawks Episode 3: Gale-Force Winds

I really do hope that Greg ties up all loose ends with this story, even if it's quick and in one chapter, I'd be satisfied.

I wish he could do that. But there is too much Bionicle left for a quick and easy resolution, I believe. It would be a really long chapter. But actually, if I were in Greg's shoes, I would sit down, write out the whole thing, and be done with it, never to be seen again. Relieve myself of the burden. The problem is, Greg does not or cannot do that. :(

You got that from Princess Bride didn't you? Anyway, BIONICLE has been passed on to the fanbase. We are now in control of it. Take the BRONIES, they have some power, that helped developed some backround ponies like Derpy. So yea, I think Greg would want us to continue, and we should try to back a huge seriel with our characters called BIONICLE: Our Tale.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

You got that from Princess Bride didn't you? Anyway, BIONICLE has been passed on to the fanbase. We are now in control of it. Take the BRONIES, they have some power, that helped developed some backround ponies like Derpy. So yea, I think Greg would want us to continue, and we should try to back a huge seriel with our characters called BIONICLE: Our Tale.
Every time the fans have tried something like that, it's ended up bombing. Fat chance it'll work.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Every time the fans have tried something like that, it's ended up bombing. Fat chance it'll work.
"I have a chance! And its fat!"Lol but still, better to try than not to. Never can know if it will work if you never do it.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis