How Much Of Bionicle Is Left?

Siriol

Bionicle was going great, but then Lego took it off, possibly because the decline 4th movie, where they didn't even use the bionicle theme song .( No offense to people who liked it). Lego is such a large company, how will this leave bionicle? They haven't changed the site for quite a while, and the 4th movie left at least me dissapointed.How do you think this will affect bionicle?

'"White!" he sneered. "It serves as a beginning. White cloth may be dyed. The white page can be overwritten; and the white light can be broken."

'"In which case it is no longer white," said I. "And he that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

--- Gandalf, The Lord of the Rings

LEGO won't be updating the website because BIONICLE is a dead franchise, and LEGO has moved on with Hero Factory. LEGO will need to update their policy to allow employees to speak to their fans. Greg Farshtey has become busy now that he has a daughter, and he needs to obtain some sort of social license. BIONICLE has pretty much come to a stop.

jlovfkk.jpg

Well, I hope that it goes on. It was probably one of the best storylines Lego ever created.

'"White!" he sneered. "It serves as a beginning. White cloth may be dyed. The white page can be overwritten; and the white light can be broken."

'"In which case it is no longer white," said I. "And he that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

Well, I hope that it goes on. It was probably one of the best storylines Lego ever created.

Correction: it was the best storyline Lego ever created. But how much of Bionicle is left? Well, Bionicle is, and forever will be, beholden in the hearts of all its fans. Although its story may have ended, it's legacy has not, as evidenced by the continued existence of this very site.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

I'm assuming that in five to ten years they'll bring it back in a movie with lots of explosions and babes, like what happened with Transformers.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

All ten years are left in our memories (and our reference resources, your comic and book and movie collections, and set collections, etc.). :) Just because these things have already come out doesn't make them go away. ^_^ Treasure 'em.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

At this point it's unrealistic to expect the story to continue until Lego brings the sets back. However, we can hope for an open ending--this chapter of the story comes to an end, but it can be expected to continue later on. Kinda like what happened in 2003 and 2005, but with everyone fulfilling their destinies (only if known).

wearewaiting.gif

qs4592.jpg

qs4592.jpg

qs4592.jpg

The power is in me. The sword is but the focus.

Well, as much as it was a great storyline, I'd rather it end than see Lego ruining it .wearewaiting.gif

Well, as much as it was a great storyline, I'd rather it end than see Lego ruining it .

I wouldn't say you could acuse lego of ever ruining it, they're responsible for what it is, if it's not to your taste, they'll adapt it. Assuming they continue with it in the far future of course...

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I'm not accusing Lego, but ZippyWharrgarbl might be right.It seems like that's what people are doing to every good movie lately.

I'm assuming that in five to ten years they'll bring it back in a movie with lots of explosions and babes, like what happened with Transformers.

I think it's safe to assume otherwise.
I think it's safe to assume that the above statement is correct. Then again, I recall Greg once responding to a question with, "It's never safe to assume anything with me."As for BIONICLE, I say the same as the others. It's legacy lives on in all of us, and one day, we all hope, it will return, bigger and brighter than ever!signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Ah. I see you all are finally acknowledging that the web serials are OVER. Forever. It's the cold, hard truth; no sets, no story.Of course, Lego could bring the franchise back somewhere down the line, but it won't be a direct continuation of the original story at all. Maybe distantly related somehow. Also, so the kids can follow it, it'll be much simpler plot-wise, probably more like Ninjago. Also, they'll probably use the shell-and-socket system (assuming it's still around)... Bionicle II, if it happens, will probably be a lot like Hero Factory.I think this topic belongs in General Discussion.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Ah. I see you all are finally acknowledging that the web serials are OVER. Forever. It's the cold, hard truth; no sets, no story.

So, just because Greg has been extremely busy for the past six months because his wife had a baby, you think he has totally abandoned the fans and the BIONICLE story forever? Give the guy a break. Family is much more important than the plot line of a toy line.I believe that it will take a while, but the serials will again be updated. I don't believe that we'll be getting any new serials after the current ones wrap up.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Ah. I see you all are finally acknowledging that the web serials are OVER. Forever. It's the cold, hard truth; no sets, no story.

So, just because Greg has been extremely busy for the past six months because his wife had a baby, you think he has totally abandoned the fans and the BIONICLE story forever? Give the guy a break. Family is much more important than the plot line of a toy line.I believe that it will take a while, but the serials will again be updated. I don't believe that we'll be getting any new serials after the current ones wrap up.
Well said, and I hope when he's done with the serials, Greg passes the responsibility of the Bionicle story onto the fans.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

LEGO won't be updating the website because BIONICLE is a dead franchise, and LEGO has moved on with Hero Factory. LEGO will need to update their policy to allow employees to speak to their fans. Greg Farshtey has become busy now that he has a daughter, and he needs to obtain some sort of social license. BIONICLE has pretty much come to a stop.

For now.

We could create websites about Bionicle.

IMO, there are already way too many of those. What we need is one unifying website to bring all the official content together and link to all the other existing sites. Then maybe another website for new fan-based content, instead of 4.

For now.
Hopefully

IMO, there are already way too many of those. What we need is one unifying website to bring all the official content together and link to all the other existing sites. Then maybe another website for new fan-based content, instead of 4.
Good point. Does anyone have any websites in mind?

For now.
Hopefully

Good point. Does anyone have any websites in mind?
Top: do you really want Bionicle to end on this incomplete note?Bottom: I'm confused. You mean a website to act as the unifying website where everything is? I haven't seen one, except for maybe BS01, but that is a wiki, not just straight content all unified in a central, easy to find structure.

For now.
Hopefully
Top: do you really want Bionicle to end on this incomplete note?
adurna is trying to say that hopefully BIONICLE has temporarily stopped rather than ending permanently.

jlovfkk.jpg

Sorry, my mistake.Sorry, my mistake.

It's fine.

Thank you. I don't understand why everyone is thinking Greg abandoned us just because he has more important things to attend to.We might be getting new serials. Who knows? :shrugs:

For now.
Hopefully
adurna is trying to say that hopefully BIONICLE has temporarily stopped rather than ending permanently.
I hope so too. Otherwise, the burden will fall on us, the fans.No offense adurna (I share your concern), but hasn't this been kind of discussed before in other topics?

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

Thank you. I don't understand why everyone is thinking Greg abandoned us just because he has more important things to attend to.We might be getting new serials. Who knows? :shrugs:

For now.
Hopefully
I hope so too. Otherwise, the burden will fall on us, the fans.No offense adurna (I share your concern), but hasn't this been kind of discussed before in other topics?
Yes there are,but they are all in need of revival.So, I don't see any harm in this.=)

For now.
Hopefully
Yes there are,but they are all in need of revival.So, I don't see any harm in this.=)
Gotcha. And you're right. :D

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

I would say at this point the current serials are likely to be the last official story materials we get; the line's been over for some time now, and Greg has other projects. Further, LEGO's new policies on employees interacting with fan forums do put a bit of a damper on any non-serial story Greg could put out.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I'm extremely surprised that the universe has continued to expand it's lore so long after it ceased being profitable for the company. Still I think a resurrection for such an established franchise isn't impossible given it could be cheaper than creating a new licence from scratch. :)

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

I have been writing a fanfic series of my own character, it's been going on for the last five or so years, I think its similar to what Greg has going on, he's got other things happening, I mean I have found time to write, but when you're trying to work, and add other things to life, Greg having a kid, and my weekend life, things get hectic, I for one believe that there will be more updates, but like when I do write, it might just be small ideas every few days that will have to be fleshed out when he has the time.

We fight and win, we fight and win, during the fight we lose focus and someone else steps in and takes the prize.

I believe that bionicle Isn't quite dead.... just becoming somewhat more and more... err... misplaced? I think its really a Bruce almighty moment where Bruce steps in front of the "light" and get's hit with an 18 wheeler. Things were going south, and Lego was hoping that the 4th film was its Light, unfortunately it turned out to be more akin to getting hit with several tons of steel, rubber, and hairy trucker. Wait, this analogy started off trying to prove a point, I've proved myself wrong, sorry folks! Bionicle's dying! but I'ma go and see if I can't get my comic collection back from Toa of Nerds! peace

"ARGHHHHHH"-- This particular quote was taken from a certain Benjamin Franklin after his incredible, and rather abrupt discovery of electricity. Surprisingly, he wasn't a president. However I do enjoy owning several smallish, green, Billfold sized pictures of the man.

I'd say there's plenty of Bionicle to enjoy still, considering the storyline. As long as there's still plenty to discuss, write about, draw, and simply reminisce about, then Bionicle in several technicalities isn't dead. It will keep on expanding as long as Greg keeps his devotion to Bionicle, no doubt.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Hopefully we'll see some Bionicle references. Vezon has some potential there. I would also be happy if the upcoming super heroes game has Piraka graffiti hidden somewhere...

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

There's a lot of room for storyline expansion. The story isn't the constraint on Bionicle, it's Greg's time and Lego's money that is.How much of it is left? Storywise, there's a bunch of mysteries that haven't been resolved and plot lines that aren't tied up. Even if those were tied up, there is still plenty of room for expansion. They are on a giant planet. Things happen. There could be a whole lot more, if those on earth wanted it to be.

Wow. This topic just made me remember what Bionicle was all about. It wasn't because it had a great storyline and toys (don't get me wrong, it definitely had that), but it was because we all liked it and put so much into it. Building sets and sharing them and writing fanfics, that's all part of it too. I almost forgot.

Not Tikicrazy. Not Tikiloco. Just plain ol' Tikiturbo.

Check Out My S&T 7 Entry: "Teacher" Below

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=7740

KINGDOM HEARTS Fan? PM me.

Bionicle ended in 2010 as all thing is going to end someday. You'll have to agree that's was not easy for Greg to write all those stories. He and LEGO presented us exellent franchise that pleased us all those 10 years. About 4th movie? yeah it's amm....little childlish, that previous 3. But it has some pros as well. It's graphic and cgi imaginery. They made characters look just like real world sets.