The Quest for the Legendary Brownies

MT Zehvor

Olook us plebeian regular members can make topics now.

Anyway here's my fantastical game. Please vote for it so I can win delicious prizes yes.

THE QUEST FOR THE LEGENDARY BROWNIES

Once upon a time, there was a secret treasure, hidden within the great peninsula of Indi Nui. Legend had it that the recipe for the most delicious brownies ever had been locked away for centuries. These famous treats had been just rumors for centuries, but now...a brave team of chefs were standing at the opening to a large cave, ready to journey inside in order to claim the brownies for themselves.

However, the creator of these famous brownies was not going to simply give up his tasty treats for nothing in return. Legend told that the great Turaga of Indi Nui had been originally given the recipe for these incredible brownies by one of his best friends. The brownies were so good that the Turaga had decided to hide the recipe deep inside the island, so that only the most worthy chefs could acquire them.

And now, this brave team of chefs was at the ready, to reclaim this recipe...

RULES

The Great Cave of the Brownies is one where you will confront six trials. Should you fail one of these trials...you'll just have to rethink your career as a legendary chef. If all six trials are passed, however, you will be deemed a worthy chef and given the recipe for the legendary brownies.

Each trial will consist of some challenge that you must accomplish. It could be a simple question. Or a riddle. Or a puzzle. Generally speaking, it will be some kind of logic test. You are free to work together if you wish...or, if you want all the glory for yourself, you can try to throw others off the trail...in a non violent fashion, of course.

Make sure to PM me your answers to the puzzle/test, do not post here. After each "test," the next puzzle will be posted, and 24 hours will elapse in which the next puzzle is to be solved. Failing to submit an answer means you're not a worthy chef.

QUESTIONS

Coming whenever someone asks me a question.

-MT

Edited by -Windrider-

XPufEB3.png?1

I'll play the game. :)

I do have a question though: If some people do decide to work together, does that group have one person PM you the answer? And if so, does this member say who is in their group in said PM, assuming they're willing to give credit to anyone but themselves?

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

So we have

PLAYER LIST

Naota Takizawa

Indigogeek

Toa Smoke Monster

Shadow FF

Kanohi Ko-llector

(sorry for the delay, papers n' such got in the way)

I'll do one more day for sign ups, and then we'll get started.

Also, to answer the question beforehand, I'd prefer if everyone PM'd me their answers separately, just to prevent any possible confusion. I can imagine a scenario where a group has one person give an answer, and that one person accidentally gives the wrong one and gets 3 people booted off as a result of one failure. 

-MT

Edited by MT Zehvor

XPufEB3.png?1

Cool. Took a bit longer than I hoped, but here we go. Everyone who has signed up before is in.

CHALLENGE 1

The chefs arrived on the distant island, ready to lay claim to the famous recipe. After a long trek, they found the opening to the cave where the recipe was said to be hidden. Upon entering it, they found themselves in a small, dusty room. A brief search revealed these words. 

"Choose the path that provides covering, as those who do not will have no protection from the flood."

Three pathways presented themselves, one with frozen yogurt in a bowl, one with a cake with chocolate frosting, and the last of a brownie with ice cream. Clearly, each person could only take one passage...but which one?

(Make your choice: Frozen Yogurt, Cake, or Brownie passage?)

-MT

XPufEB3.png?1

Here we gooooo

Choices

Brownie Path: Indigogeek

Cake: Kanohi Ko-llector, Toa Smoke Monster, Shadow FF, Ghidora131

Frozen Yogurt: FrozenPancake

The chefs had made their choices. As the six made their choices, a large clunk could be heard. A dam was unleashed, and a wave of DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE SYRUP was unleashed.

"Oh no!" Indi yelled.

Thankfully, however, four brave chefs had made the right choice, realizing that a cake, unlike a brownie or frozen yogurt, has a covering. Indi and FrozenPancake were quickly swamped by chocolate syrup, and ate so much that they found themselves unable to move. The four remaining chefs found themselves protected by delicious frosting, and so did not gorge themselves on cheap syrup. Perhaps they would be truly worthy of the recipe.

CHALLENGE 2

The next room contained a picture of a Turaga teaching some Matoran mathematics etched into the wall. Set in the middle of the room were several objects. A set of pies, an ice cream cone, and a warm crepe. The only thing else of note were words inscribed just above an opening in the wall directly below the math teacher.

"Feed me."

Clearly, this teacher was hungry for something besides knowledge. Or...was he?

=====

If you're one of the four remaining, make your choice from the three desserts above! Hopefully we'll get all responses within 24 hours this time.

-MT

• Upvote 1

XPufEB3.png?1

Choices

Crepe: Ghidora131

Pie: Kanohi Ko-llector, Toa Smoke Monster, Shadow FF

Once more, the chefs had let their decisions be known. Selecting their baked goods, they placed them inside the opening. Three of four made the right choice, but never fear. Ghidora131 was teleported out to a dimension full of milk and honey where he would be comforted by an infinite supply of crepes. Meanwhile, the remaining three chefs had realized that math teachers like pie.

The next room saw a new challenge, one that was unlike what they had come across before. In the midst was an almost complete recipe for delicious milkshakes, but sadly, the recipe was missing one key ingredient; milk. The milkshake recipe calls for a single cup of milk, but sadly, only a 5 cup container and a 3 cup container were on the table. Words were displayed on the wall: "Finish the recipe to proceed without spilling." It appeared that the room was looking for the chefs to deduce how to obtain a precise cup of milk with the two containers before them...

-MT

• Upvote 1

XPufEB3.png?1

After a few minutes of considering their options, two of the chefs boldly stepped forward. Smoke Monster tried to eyeball similarities between the two containers of milk, but sadly, failed to recognize the inevitably of human Matoran error. The milk couldn't measure out to exactly one gallon. Displeased with his efforts, the great dessert spirits whisked him away.

Upon seeing this, Shadow FF threw his hands up and yelled "Forget this! I'm out." He then promptly walked out of the room.

Kanohi Ko-llector, however, had the right idea. He realized that two of the three cup containers would equal six, and six minus five would leave one, the exact amount he needed. Thus, he proceeded to fill up the three cup container, and then pour it into the five cup container. He then filled up the three cup container, and filled the five cup container to the max, thus leaving only one cup's worth of milk remaining in the three cup container. The milk amount of create the perfect recipe was his.

Right Answer: Kanohi Ko-llector

Wrong Answer: Smoke Monster

No Answer: Shadow FF

Only one chef remained, and due to the lack of remaining players will of the great spirits, there was now only one trial remaining. If this test could be passed, the recipe for the legendary brownies would be his.

Kanohi Ko-llector walked into a large kitchen, filled with a number of cooking appliances. Baked goods were being cooked in seemingly every corner of the room. A voice boomed "you have clearly displayed your wit by progressing this far. Now, all that is left is to prove your handiness in cooking. Tell me...where in this room is 85 more than 100?"

The items in the room included an oven, a sink, a calculator, a cooking timer, a measuring cup, and a crock pot.

-MT

• Upvote 1

XPufEB3.png?1

Well, at least I went down swinging. Sad thing is that the correct answer didn't come to me until after I had sent my PM with my answer, and I didn't have access to the Internet at that time either. :P

Anyways, good luck on the final test, Kanohi Ko-llector. :)

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png