Sad, Sad Matoro...

Lewa0111 Nuva

"Matoro!" said Turaga Lhikan, wandering about inside the Red Star. "You're looking blue."

"I'm always blue. Except where I'm white."

"No, I mean you look
sad! I know being dead isn't that great, but at least you saved the whole universe! You got an epic, noble sacrifice in your name. I just randomly died because Makuta took my shield. I'd have been a lot more careful with the thing if I'd known it was attached to my life force somehow."

Matoro sighed and pointed out the window. The Turaga followed his gaze. "See that?" asked the Toa of Ice. "The powers that be reset our whole universe last year. Now my sacrifice was for nothing. There isn't even a "Matoro Gen 2" to appreciate! I'm nobody now."

"..." said Lhikan, though how one actually
says '...' I'm not quite sure. "That's too bad. But I think I know a way to cheer you up..."

WELCOME TO SAD, SAD, MATORO: THE GAME!

Now that his great sacrifice to save the universe has been retconned by the new universe, Matoro's feeling down. It's your job to cheer him up! Lhikan's inviting up to 10 people to the Red Star Comedy Club (which he just made up five seconds ago when he came up with this idea) to help make Matoro laugh. Here's how it works!

The game will be separated into rounds, 24 hours each. The rounds each begin and end at 12:00 noon, Central Time (for reference, this was posted at about 1:04 Central Time). During this time you may each post one joke, story, pun, etc. At the end of each round, I will post Matoro's reactions to each player and points will be tallied based on how much you made Matoro smile/laugh. In the event that two people post the same thing, Matoro will only react to the first one. Nobody likes to hear the same old joke again!

Smiled barely: 1 point
Smiled a little: 2 points
Smiled normally: 3 points
Smiled a lot: 4 points
Smiled hugely: 5 points
MADE HIM LAUGH: 10 points (Matoro laughs only once the combined total smiles hit 20, so be strategic!)

HINTS: Matoro is a rather intelligent Toa, so he won't laugh at overly cliche jokes or randomness. Be creative and think about the kind of things that might cheer him up! Jokes that are relevant to himself, his life, or BIONICLE in general will in general get bigger smiles. You have no hard limit as to how long your jokes can be, but anything much longer than a few sentences might just make him bored before he gets to the punchline.

RULES
#1: No jokes involving violence or anything overly mean-spirited. Matoro has a good heart and this will just upset him, causing Lhikan to kick you out. Remember, we're trying to cheer Matoro up, not make him mad!
#2: Only one joke per round. Give everyone a chance!
#3: You can post non-game posts, provided they stay reasonably on-topic and are indicated in some way that this isn't your joke post. If at all possible, send any questions about the game to me via PM.
#4: All regular BZP rules apply.
#5: The winner gets the prize of being the winner, and of knowing that they helped cheer up a very sad Toa of Ice!

Sign-ups here!

1. ToaTimeLord
2. JIF Shadow Creamy [4 POINTS]
3. Naota Takizawa [14 POINTS]

4. FrozenPancake_ [8 POINTS]
5. evil_jaga_genius [13 POINTS]
6. Toa Smoke Monster [6 POINTS]
7. Shadow FF [5 POINTS]
8. Ghidora131 [4 POINTS]

Good luck and have fun!

:mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

Edited by -Windrider-

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

@Naota, unfortunately ToaTimeLord beat you to Slot 1. Where do you want to be instead?

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

Done! Spot 3 is yours.

4 more players needed to start!

:mirunu: Lewa0111 :mirunu:

FrozenPancake_, welcome to the game!

3 more players to go!

Okay evil_jaga_genius, you're in!

2 more spots to go and we can get this thing started!

Okay, seeing as we don't have much time left in the contest period and no one else has signed up, I'm going to go ahead and start the game. You have until noon tomorrow (Central Time) to post your best shot at cheering Matoro up! Let's begin!

@FrozenPancake_: Matoro smiles A LOT! 4 points! (4 total)

@Shadow FF: Matoro smiles A LITTLE... 2 points! (6 total)

@Naota Takizawa: Matoro smiles NORMALLY! 3 points! (9 total)

@Toa Smoke Monster: Matoro smiles A LITTLE... 2 points! (11 total)

Edited by Lewa0111 Nuva

I just read some of these jokes, Matoro.

I'm Likhan them quite a bit, although some of them are Tryna bit too hard. Personally I Kiina wanna stop with these awful puns, but it's all a Mata of taste.

Anyway, did you hear Makuta formed the Legion of Dume? Apparently Vakama disagreed with the timing.

• Upvote 3

@Ghidora131: Matoro smiled A LOT!! 4 points! (15 total)

@JIF Shadow Creamy: Matoro smiled BARELY. 1 point! (16 total)

ROUND 1 COMPLETE!

Current scoreboard is in the first post. Right now, FrozenPancake_ and Ghidora131 are tied for 1st with 4 points each.

Smile counter: 16

Now time for Round 2!

@Toa Smoke Monster: Matoro smiled NORMALLY! 3 points! (19 total)

(...and so the Second Great Pun War of BZPower begins...)

I hear Ga-Metru police have the most tedious jobs, so they started calling themselves Boredakh.

No, seriously, I think a lot of their jobs are just getting rid of creepy-Kralhis.

Edited by evil_jaga_genius

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

@Naota Takizawa: Matoro smiled A LITTLE...but all these jokes together made him burst out laughing! The smiles reset, and you get 10 POINTS!!! :happydance:

@FrozenPancake_: Matoro smiled A LOT!! 4 points! (4 total)

@Shadow FF: Matoro smiled NORMALLY! 3 points! (7 total)

@evil_jaga_genius: Matoro smiled NORMALLY! 3 points! (10 total)

ROUND 2 COMPLETE!

Current scoreboard is in the first post. Right now, Naota Takizawa is in first place with 13 points.

Smile counter: 10

Let's go with Round 3!

Edited by Lewa0111 Nuva

Oh, could I do a little cartoon for this, or does it have to stay in text form?

EDIT: I did it anyway.

So, have you ever wondered what happens to the other three Matoran who didn't win Haui Snowball Sling..?

Haui.png

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7863sQWxf-xd3VlTF9Ya3RVUVk

Edited by evil_jaga_genius
  • Upvote 1

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

@Naota Takizawa: Matoro smiled BARELY, as someone already made a "Hau" joke. 1 point! (11 total)

@Toa Smoke Monster: Matoro smiled A LOT!! 4 points! (15 total)

@JIF Shadow Creamy: Matoro smiled NORMALLY! 3 points! (18 total)

@evil_jaga_genius: Matoro smiled A LOT...and after so many jokes, he burst out laughing! The counter resets and you get 10 POINTS!!! :happydance:

ROUND 3 COMPLETE!

Current scoreboard is in the first post. Right now, Naota Takizawa is still in first place with 14 points.

Smile counter: 0

Round 4 begins!

(NOTE: Due to the fact that I will not have access to the Internet tomorrow, Round 5 will still begin at this time tomorrow even if I don't post. Feel free to post a second joke after that time!)

Edited by Lewa0111 Nuva