For the Love of Bionicle Be Positive

ToaTImeLord

I have notice that the Bionicle Community has gone down a negative route.

We all hear what's terrible about G2 but not what's good about it.

So I created this topic for you guys to express what you like about the G2 line.

I don't want to see anything negative about G2. We're just focusing on what LEGO has done right so far.

• Upvote 7

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

This is what I like about G2:

1. The return of Bionicle. It was an unexpected surprise & I'm okay with that.
  2. The new set designs. They are far superior to many G1 sets & I absolutely love Skull Scorpio's design, though he is undeniably flawed. The new creatures are excellent sets in my opinion due to how diverse they all are. (Except Terak & Melum, they're too similar.)
  3. A new story to explore. It started off pretty poor, but the books & comics are improving it, not to mention Journey to One being a new way to tell the story for G2. 
  • Upvote 5

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

So what has lego done with g2 right?

•bringing back bionicle.

•bringing the original toa back, and having designs faithful to the originals, unlike 2008.

•gear functions. Thanks to a healthy dose of technic, Every set has a function of some kind. Geared shoulders for the toa, and waist gears in 2016. Miniguns for the protectors and a few others, and even some unique functions for some of the skull villains and upcoming beasts. And the creatures too! Flapping wings, swinging blades, hugging action, and more.

•diverse builds. Tahu doesn't look like pohatu, who doesn't look like gali, who doesn't look like onua, who doesn't look like lewa, who doesn't look like kopaka. And that's true for about Any order you put them in. I've heard some say that the uniters are "clone builds" but I just don't see it. They definitely are a little more similar than the masters, but each one still has a distinct enough silhouette. And this doesn't only apply to the toa, every set is different. The skull gang, protectors, beasts, and the creatures in particular are very unique.

•dual function weapons. This one only counts for the 2015 toa, but I feel like it's definitely worth a mention. Onua's hammer becoming claws, tahu's swords making a lava board, kopaka's shield making skis, and so on. They're just creative and fun to play with.

Keep in mind these are all my opinions of course, anyone can disagree.

• Upvote 3

Reasons why I like G2:

1. The sets used CCBS, which is awesome.

2. Lovely transparent colors, including the purple. In facts, I like the idea that Lego is using purple, both transparent and opaque, on the sets often.

3. The story is simple to begin with, and it slowly gets a little more complex over time.

4. Chapter books, graphic novels, and The Journey to One TV series are a very great way to tell the story.

5. Bionicle is BACK! Oh, yeah! My childhood returned! One of the best things happened in my life, and is my favorite moment of Bionicle! Plus, it happened on my birthday!:D (crying in tears of happiness as I remember the day)

6. I consider the reboot as a great way to bring back the line. Worth it. Plus, I like how this approach reusing the old traditional 2001 beginning in a sort of different way, like The Amazing Spider-Man movies, in terms of having new villains and humor. (Anyone see what I mean?)

7. Lego using other old stuff in the sets and story from the later years of G1 in a sort of different way.

So, there you have it.:) Don't let G2 end earlier than G1, like how TASM series ended earlier than the original trilogy.

Edited by Lenny7092
  • Upvote 3

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

1. Bionicle is baaack! :)

2. The 2015 designs are pretty faithful to the Toa's original incarnation.

3. The new weapon pieces are awesome.

4. I dropped out of the constraction universe in 2009, but the new sets brought me back!

5. Books and graphic novels! Yes, there might not be as many as I would like, but something is better than nothing!

6. No clone builds! The variety is quite lovely.

7. Can anyone say, "Bone CCBS parts?"

8. Bionicle is baaack! :bowdown:

• Upvote 5

If you wait until the last minute, then it only takes one minute. 

Flickr    BZPRPG   

Bionicle's back, which is pretty sweet, didn't expect it at all tbh.

the gear functions return without detracting from the figure's overall articulation, which is cool.

there's a heavier technic integration in sets of ALL sizes than was ever seen in all but the vehicle/2004 titan sets of old.

the new mask attatchment system means characters can actually have faces! ugly faces, but still!

the pieces are pretty stylin, as is the colors.

set diversity, they all look very nice and very different from each other, while still being recognizably "bionicles"

Okoto is really really really pretty...

• Upvote 4

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

1. The sets don't break.

The builds are solid.

CCBS is better than the old system, but it's not like they want to completely phase out the old and completely replace it with the new. Rather, they seem to be going towards a mix of complex and sturdy.

THEY BROUGHT IT BACK BECAUSE WE THE FANS WANTED IT BACK, AND SO THEY DELIVERED.

It made me cry tears of joy for the very first time in my life, and my faith in LEGO was restored when I found out it was coming back.

The Masks connect how Masks should connect, by the sides of the head. Not by a pin shoved into their mouth-holes. How would you like it if thats how we wore masks in real life, shoved in the mouth?

Unique builds, pieces, and Masks.

Decent gimmicks and a good balance of stability, flexibility, and building opportunity.

Did I mention that the Copyright shows '2001-2016'? It just shows that the old story is not technically gone. Though, perhaps I'm reading too much into it.

WE FINALLY HAVE A CANON RENDITION OF THE MASK OF CREATION!

Makuta is Actually the brother of an important figure in-lore. Not Mata-Nui mind you, but still.

A less complex and confusing story.

WE FINALLY HAVE A FREAKING SHOW!!!!! MY DREAM FOR THE THEME IS REAL!!!

Interesting hidden lore, such as the deal with the Mask of Time, and the detail of the Toa coming from another time and another place.

The Protectors and Okotans are pretty cool.

Mysterious lands and locations hinted at as of right now. Such as One, and the unnamed lands seen in the first episode of the show. There are also two moons like that of G1 with Spherus Magna.

2016 has so far, had the BEST BIONICLE Winter wave of any BIONICLE Wave as of yet!

The Toa don't seem to always win, which may be hinting at something major in-lore. Along with their personalities seeming younger and less matured.

The Kakama and Pakari have been hinted at, yet not much besides this, it's still cool nonetheless.

The Protectors are rather unique and interesting in their own right.

Umarak is a cool villain.

Makuta, like we saw in G1 many times over, isn't really dead or asleep. A cool little detail if you ask me.

The skull villains, though seemingly lacking as sets, are cool villains and are rather fun sets despite their simplicity. Though, I guess that simplicity would be expected, they are mostly Skeletal after all.

The Shadow Traps are quite cool.

WE GOT SOLID GOLD MASKS THE FIRST YEAR. Whilst in comparison, we only got One Solid Gold Mask in the whole of G1.

Kulta was a pretty cool minion of Makuta.

Ekimu is a cool character, even if he may not do much in the show as of yet.

We have gotten many collectables, such as a total of Three Polybags, and three convention Masks.

We have cool Novels and Visual Novels which entail many details not said or shown otherwise.

Tiny hints at a connection of some sort, though most likely it will be rather minor or not have such a profound affect on the overall story. But much of it is still up in the air at this point, and it's quite debatable. But even still, the debate brings fans together to discuss it, at least.

Edited by Toa Imrukii
  • Upvote 3

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Gali was voiced and sounds like a guy, meaning my mistakes in always referring to Gali as he are understandable now.

...I mean I knew he was a girl...

...uh...

Positives dude, not questionable negatives.

pure_muscle.png

The 2015 story was basic and simple, which was okay for that year and the sets were really really awesome and nostalgic, they feel like true bionicle sets, and the sets are not quite as good in some ways this year but they still get the job done, however, the story is NOT getting the job done. One of the things I enjoyed most about bionicle was the story and the vast mysterious world. Now it feels like nothing more than a "lesser-ninjago"

I just think that it doesnt live up to the nostalgia people put on g1.

What's good:

1) Bionicle is back. Is so great to see the sets in stores again. And even if it ends in a year or so, give it 10 years and we'll see it again.

2) The set designs are very unique and improving. Especially with the Uniter sets. Some features feel so custom its like a MOC

3) Netflix Show!! Yes, I'd love a movie, but that's essentially what we are getting here

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I guess I'll put my two cents in as well.

I agree with everything stated so far but the one thing I love the most would be the Mask.

They are just beautifully designed and still share roots to G1 concepts.

Edited by ToaTimeLord
  • Upvote 1

Where do I even start? I absolutely adore G2.

Sets

• 2015's Toa, the Masters, are absolutely wonderful. Each one is very much their own character, with fantastic weapons and masks, innovative builds and great functionality with the gearboxes. The golden masks make for nice bonuses, too!
  • The Protectors being so small was something pretty new for the CCBS, and they are executed incredibly well. Much like with the Toa, they are each to their own, and I like how they all have the six-shooters integrated in their own individual ways.
  • The Skull Spiders are not only an interesting take on the whole headcrab/facehugger/krana idea, but they're also really fun to amass - and amass them you do, as they're included in every Winter 2015 set! In general, the addition of bonus items to G2 sets is a real plus.
  • The Lord of Skull Spiders, while not the most poseable figure, has a very intriguing build and function.
  • The Skull Army are a fascinating bunch - we've never had the undead in Bionicle before, have we? The skeletal aesthetic is really well executed with the ribcages and bone-bones, and the different functions each bonehead had really set them apart as individuals, as opposed to being part of a generic horde. Also, blended golden Toa masks!
  • Mask Maker VS Skull Grinder was a great way to end 2015. Ekimu is jam-packed with functionality, looking both regal and powerful. Kulta on the other hand is delightfully imposing, and wields a pretty hefty weapon. Also, the Mask of Creation looks stellar!
  • 2016's Toa, the Uniters, are a mixed bag, but for all their flaws, they're still decent figures. Most of them retain what made them unique in 2015, while introducing new aspects and aesthetics to their characters. The new masks all look pretty good, and getting blended golden versions of each is a brilliant bonus! Also, introduction of more Technic to the builds of the Toa (and all of the 2016 sets for that matter) is very welcome, again making G2 really stand out against G1. Also, the new waist pivot function opens up a lot of new possibilities. 
  • The Elemental Creatures are not only adorable, but are also surprisingly interesting builds. The different functions they each have make them much more interesting to build than they could've been. The unification function is also quite interesting, and is much better than 2008's attempt at that sort of gimmick.
  • The Shadow Traps are wicked! They look crazy dangerous, and surprisingly diverse. The main jaw pieces are really nice to have.
  • Umarak is flawless. Fantastic antlers, great mask, fun pivoting waist, brilliant weapon, great digitigrade legs... there's so much to love about him - heck, he even comes with the Mask of Control! Superb set.
  • Overall, I feel that G2 is hitting all the targets that G1 missed in terms of set design. All we need now is titan-sized figures!

Parts

• The gearbox is so very welcome. I was so peeved when Lego ditched gears in favour of launchers back in 2006, so seeing them brought back with such a dependable and universal piece was very refreshing.
  • The new head design is really cool. The way masks can be popped off using the brain stalk is great, adding both play value and practicality.
  • I don't think there's any G2 mask I genuinely dislike. They're all designed really nicely.
  • The 2015 piston addon is wonderful. It brings in the mechanical flavour of G2, but in a broader, more logical way than many G1 parts did - it looks like it either expands and contracts, or pivots in the center.
  • The ribcage torso shell is a very cool mold, useful for all sorts of applications. It's lack of any specific texturing makes it most dependable, as does the wide range of colours it's available in.
  • The bony bone pieces are very useful for making characters look more dishevelled (or indeed, undead). I hope we get them in more colours!
  • The swivelling torso frame is such a treat, thanks to its integrated functionality and plethora of connection points.
  • The new gear piece used on the Elemental Creatures is very interesting to work with.
  • The six-shooter is not only a good size, but it's reliance on a rotating axle to fire opens up many opportunities for extra functionality.
  • All the new weapon pieces are excellent.
  • Overall, most of the new parts introduced with G2 are all very welcome additions to the CCBS catalogue. I'm excited to see what comes next!

Story and Universe

• The origin story with the Mask Makers is a very cool take on the whole two brothers shtick Bionicle has going, and feels a lot more grounded than that of G1.
  • Okoto is a fascinating place, with a wonderful Aztec/Maori vibe to it. I can't wait to explore it more!
  • I love the concept of the Protectors. I wonder if we'll see new Protectors crowned in the future?
  • Okotans are an interesting people. Who would've thought Bionicle characters would be able to have babies?
  • It's good how elemental persuasion doesn't weigh on one's gender in G2 - not for any socio-political reasons mind, but rather due to the amount of different characters we'll meet and can ourselves create.
  • The concept of the Skull Army is awesome, as is that of Umarak.
  • Ekimu is an interesting character. One has to wonder how a simple blacksmith is so pertinent to the livelihood and equilibrium of an entire island...
  • The Toa are as mysterious and awe-inspiring as their G1 predecessors. Where did they come from? Who made them? What is their destiny?
  • The Mask of Time feels like it could be very important later on. It's strange how it's given so little screentime, though...
  • Overall, G2's story and universe has proven to be just as interesting as that of the first couple of years of G1. Again, I'm excited to see what comes next!

Media

• The webisodes, while simplistic, proved to be quite entertaining. The art style looks really good, and the animation is mostly pretty good too.
  • The books are again simplistic due to their target audience, but still prove to be entertaining - especially Revenge of the Skull Spiders, due to us getting to see more of the Protectors (and Harvali!).
  • The graphic novels are interesting. The stylisation of the characters is distinct, but not so distinct that they're completely unlike the toys, which I really appreciate. I have the first issue, but I am yet to actually sit and read it! There's my evening sorted then.
  • Journey to One is brilliant. The character design retains the charm and aesthetic of the toys, only making minor changes here and there for the sake of screen-friendliness, which again I very much appreciate. The combination of CGI and 2D animation is excellently executed, as is the animation itself. The voices of the characters fit them very well (especially that of Umarak), and the added modulation effect really brings in the mechanical side of the characters - again, something I personally really appreciate. I can't wait for more!
  • I haven't had the chance to play the second mobile game, but the first is definitely a lot of fun - I even 100%-ed it on my tablet, which is something I rarely do with games. I love the idea of collecting energy before gaining a golden mask, and think this is something that should be integrated into the story in future (the treasure hunt thing will likely get boring after a third or fourth run).
  • Overall, the media attached to G2 has been a welcome addendum to the toys. All I can ask for is more!
Edited by Logan McOwen
  • Upvote 7

Gosh, there are so many great things to say about the reboot so far!

For starters, the first wave of sets was phenomenal all around. The Protectors were perhaps the best villager/sage characters we'd ever gotten, with complex builds, varied physiques, dynamic color schemes, creatively-built weapons (making use of some of the most versatile Bionicle shooter pieces to date), and eleven to thirteen points of articulation. The Toa have brought together some of the greatest aspects of all previous Toa sets: battle functions like the Toa Mata, dual-function weapons like the Toa Nuva, great proportions like the Toa Metru (in fact, arguably even better), full articulation and awesome "energized" color schemes like the Toa Inika, elaborate builds and varied physiques like the Toa Mahri, Phantoka, and Mistika, and nostalgic designs like the Stars.

Beyond that, the Toa and their enemies so far have made revolutionary use of the CCBS, had higher piece counts than any previous Toa team, and generally been very well-rounded and packed with personality. Even the much-maligned Lord of Skull Spiders had a brilliantly creative Technic build and function and made a great "mid-boss" for the 2015 storyline. And with accessories like Skull Spiders, Shadow Traps, and golden masks of power, each set now has its own story to tell. There have been a great variety of masks to collect and build with. The packaging of the sets has been amazing, with beautiful background art and nice, collapsible boxes that make keeping the packages a whole lot easier than back in the days of plastic canisters.

The storyline has been very engaging, bringing together some of the most iconic elements of G1 Bionicle like an island world of myths and mysteries, a sibling rivalry as the story's impetus, a great cataclysm that upended a thriving society and brought an end to its golden age, and quests for legendary masks of power in mysterious and remote settings. The Toa each have unique, relatable, and sometimes humorous flaws, and for the first time each Toa gets an animal companion, something I've been longing to see in a constraction theme for years now. Some elements of the G1 storyline that were less charming, like its gender-locked elements and heavy use of technobabble, have been discarded.

2015 started the story off with some extremely striking animations that had strong characterization, a good sense of humor, and fed us the story in accessible, easily digestible portions. The chapter books and graphic novels have done a great job filling in the world and characters on a deeper level without making it a struggle to keep up with the main story. This year, The Journey to One, while not without its faults, is already getting the theme wider exposure and providing a more in-depth story than last year's much shorter webisodes could allow.

In terms of other ways the theme has been promoted, LEGO got off to a great start with an amazing booth, panel, and building event focused exclusively on announcing the Bionicle reboot at New York Comic Con 2014. Since that reveal, the Bionicle team has made great use of social media to bring us all kinds of amazing concept art and illustrations — the sort of behind-the-scenes content we'd often only see many years after the fact back in G1. Designer videos, LEGO Club Magazine features, and a designer seminar at BrickFair New Jersey have likewise offered amazing behind-the-scenes insights into the set design process. There have also already been three great official contests to boost fan engagement. Fans, too, have brought their A-game, creating all kinds of amazing artwork and MOCs based on the new world and its characters.

That's not to pretend there aren't areas where the theme has not made a huge impact. Umarak the Hunter and Umarak the Destroyer are the only two sets that can indisputably stand alongside classic titan sets in terms of sheer size and complexity. For that matter, there haven't been any kind of vehicle sets yet. Promotions-wise, there hasn't been much in the way of music for the Bionicle reboot, nor any video game or online game that's highly immersive.

Overall, though, the Bionicle reboot has managed to meet and even surpass my expectations in a lot of ways, and I'm extremely excited to see what happens next!

• Upvote 4

G2 sucks  :annoyed: Seriously, CCBS is a bad system, it's so shallow like it's for babies  :???:  :???:  Play the real game, play G1. :begging:

Bruh, like wha.... Did you even read the title of the topic?! Positives, positives +'s +'s....

• Upvote 3

pure_muscle.png

G2 sucks  :annoyed: Seriously, CCBS is a bad system, it's so shallow like it's for babies  :???:  :???:  Play the real game, play G1. :begging:

Bruh, like wha.... Did you even read the title of the topic?! Positives, positives +'s +'s....

Sorry, just expressing my freedom of speech. A positive of it is that it's got some cool designs. But the rest sucks, it sucks so much it makes so angry i'm very mad I HATE G2.

:afro: HEY my homeys  :afro:  

Sorry, just expressing my freedom of speech. A positive of it is that it's got some cool designs. But the rest sucks, it sucks so much it makes so angry i'm very mad I HATE G2.

This is a prime example of what this topic is trying to prove.

Personally, I think the best part of G2 is the fact that LEGO stuck with the good old names and identities instead of creating new, awful characters that would turn the line downwards for any LEGO fan.

• Upvote 3

Expressing your freedom of speech is fine, but in a civil discussion about only the positives, one mustn't bring in negativity. Not to burst your burning inferno of a bubble, but we've all heard the same arguments made about G1 with no real basis in reality towards the argument. We can argue all day and night long about CCBS, but the truth stands, and that is in a structural strength standpoint CCBS is better. If you want to make the argument that the later ball-sockets sucked more so than the older ones that they replaced thats fine, but this isn't the topic to discuss it.

• Upvote 2

pure_muscle.png

Freedom of Speech protects you from being silenced by the US government; it does not permit you to say where/when/whatever you want on BZPower.

Takuma Nuva

• Upvote 6

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

Freedom of Speech protects you from being silenced by the US government; it does not permit you to say where/when/whatever you want on BZPower.

Takuma Nuva

I never thought I'd see the day, but I completely agree with this fair analogy.

pure_muscle.png

If you really hate G2 so much, don't come into a thread specifically created for discussing the positives about it just to say you hate it. Seriously, can we just have one good thread about G2 without people coming in to say how much they don't like it or why G1 is clearly superior in every way. Its really getting old.

G2 has had some fantastic set designs so far and while some are stronger than others, that's really nothing different than what we got in G1. For example, Brutaka is by far one of my favourite G1 sets for his colour scheme, solid design and playability while later that year we got Umbra, who really wasn't that great. His colour scheme was all over the place and while I think the concept for his feet was a neat idea his design was rather dull. Playability wise I can't say much because I don't own it so someone will have to fill us in on that instead.

The CCBS is a strong and versatile system. They've really stepped up their game with it since it was first introduced in Hero Factory, and with the reintroduction of gear functions its like the best of both worlds. I loved the gear functions of the early G1 sets but it put a limit on their posability (Toa Metru being a prime example). The way the CCBS system is being used now adds ball joints to the geared parts of the sets (at least with the 2015 sets), so they keep their function AND they get the added posability. Not only that, but CCBS is completely compatible with older parts so they can be used for MOCing no problem, and trust me when I say that some of the MOCs I've seen use CCBS have been fantastic.

The story of G2 is where a lot of people complain (that I've noticed anyway). While I do like the G1 story more, there's nothing wrong with the story of G2 right now. Think of it this way, if they'd started G2 off with the same story complexity that G1 eventually got to in the ten years it was going, everyone coming into Bionicle from G2 would be lost because there would just be way too much to take in at once. Besides, we're only 2 years into this right now. Give it some time and there's bound to be much more to come and soon the G2 story will have a lot more going for it.

That's what I think of G2 so far. It seriously isn't as bad as people keep making it out to be.

• Upvote 4

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

G2 sucks :annoyed: Seriously, CCBS is a bad system, it's so shallow like it's for babies :???: :???: Play the real game, play G1. :begging:

Oh no you don't!

I just visted your "Stone and earth? :/" topic

So don't bring that negativity in here. I do not want to see it AT ALL.

Capiche

Edited by ToaTimeLord
  • Upvote 2

Posts like this don't make the anti-CCBS perspective seem very smart or mature. Anybody can say "*thing I don't like* is bad and shallow and for babies." That's a schoolyard-level insult, though. It makes it sound like you're just being close-minded and judgmental, not like you have actually thought long and hard about what you're criticizing, why you don't like it, and why other people feel differently.

But in any case, this topic is about things you DO like about Bionicle G2, not about things you DON'T like. If you don't like CCBS, that's fine, but that's not the kind of thing this topic is asking about. It's the same as how you wouldn't post in a "Favorite Toa" topic about your least favorite Toa. It's not that your opinion on what's bad about G2 isn't valid, but it certainly isn't on-topic.

• Upvote 4

If you really hate G2 so much, don't come into a thread specifically created for discussing the positives about it just to say you hate it. Seriously, can we just have one good thread about G2 without people coming in to say how much they don't like it or why G1 is clearly superior in every way. Its really getting old.

G2 has had some fantastic set designs so far and while some are stronger than others, that's really nothing different than what we got in G1. For example, Brutaka is by far one of my favourite G1 sets for his colour scheme, solid design and playability while later that year we got Umbra, who really wasn't that great. His colour scheme was all over the place and while I think the concept for his feet was a neat idea his design was rather dull. Playability wise I can't say much because I don't own it so someone will have to fill us in on that instead.

The CCBS is a strong and versatile system. They've really stepped up their game with it since it was first introduced in Hero Factory, and with the reintroduction of gear functions its like the best of both worlds. I loved the gear functions of the early G1 sets but it put a limit on their posability (Toa Metru being a prime example). The way the CCBS system is being used now adds ball joints to the geared parts of the sets (at least with the 2015 sets), so they keep their function AND they get the added posability. Not only that, but CCBS is completely compatible with older parts so they can be used for MOCing no problem, and trust me when I say that some of the MOCs I've seen use CCBS have been fantastic.

The story of G2 is where a lot of people complain (that I've noticed anyway). While I do like the G1 story more, there's nothing wrong with the story of G2 right now. Think of it this way, if they'd started G2 off with the same story complexity that G1 eventually got to in the ten years it was going, everyone coming into Bionicle from G2 would be lost because there would just be way too much to take in at once. Besides, we're only 2 years into this right now. Give it some time and there's bound to be much more to come and soon the G2 story will have a lot more going for it.

That's what I think of G2 so far. It seriously isn't as bad as people keep making it out to be.

G2 sucks :annoyed: Seriously, CCBS is a bad system, it's so shallow like it's for babies :???: :???: Play the real game, play G1. :begging:

Oh no you don't!

I just visted your "Stone and earth? :/" topic

So don't bring that negativity in here. I do not want to see it AT ALL.

Capiche

Posts like this don't make the anti-CCBS perspective seem very smart or mature. Anybody can say "*thing I don't like* is bad and shallow and for babies." That's a schoolyard-level insult, though. It makes it sound like you're just being close-minded and judgmental, not like you have actually thought long and hard about what you're criticizing, why you don't like it, and why other people feel differently.But in any case, this topic is about things you DO like about Bionicle G2, not about things you DON'T like. If you don't like CCBS, that's fine, but that's not the kind of thing this topic is asking about. It's the same as how you wouldn't post in a "Favorite Toa" topic about your least favorite Toa. It's not that your opinion on what's bad about G2 isn't valid, but it certainly isn't on-topic.

[ ] straight guys, [ ] straight! I clouldn't have said any of this better myself if I tried (okay, maybe thats a bit of a lie, but sill) *applause*

Edit: Don't bypass the word filter.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 1

pure_muscle.png

Toa Imrukii, you should not bypass the word filter. It's there for a reason; if you continue, there will be consequences.

Additionally, I don't appreciate this sort of "fanning the flames" from several posters above. It's fine to disagree with a post, but please do so in a manner that avoids being disrespectful or leading others into an argument.

Get back on topic everyone, please.

Toa Imrukii, you should not bypass the word filter. It's there for a reason; if you continue, there will be consequences.

Additionally, I don't appreciate this sort of "fanning the flames" from several posters above. It's fine to disagree with a post, but please do so in a manner that avoids being disrespectful or leading others into an argument.

Get back on topic everyone, please.

Im sorry. I just felt that the responce to such blind hate was so good and uplifing I had to applaude them. My apologies friend. Though, I am unsure as to how my actions just now fanned the flames of the past, if anything my intention was to help get us back on topic from the past situation that was at hand. I am sorry if I made it worse.

Anyway, who else here likes the combinations and the unity gimmick? I think it's great fun! Anyone else feel the same?

Edited by Toa Imrukii
  • Upvote 1

pure_muscle.png

Oh yeah, the Unity feature of 2016 is excellent. The toa range from decent to absolutely amazing when they are combined & give the impression of a more powered up form. The fusion gimmick is done in a far better style compared to the 2008 version, where the matoran looked like dead weight & did nothing to make the toa impressive. 

• Upvote 1

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

I completely agree, 2008 and it's unity feature just didn't work out well at all. It did not benefit either side at all, Toa or Makuta. I feel that G2 in the long run is going to take certain things from G1 and refine and make better them for the better of all. I also do love that they have brought back the older pieces and I would love to see the Bohrok shields, Nuparu's shield pieces, bohrok carapace pieces brought back, and I would love to see them bring back certain Inika and Barraki pieces implemented into future, sets, such as the Inika shoulder armor used in new and interesting ways, and have the same done for the types of armor pieces used on Kalmah and Takadox.

pure_muscle.png

I think that honestly, design wise, the G2 toa are among the best bionicle sets ever made.

• Upvote 1

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I think that honestly, design wise, the G2 toa are among the best bionicle sets ever made.

Heck yes! I personally love the designs of the Toa in 2016, all of them, though most people really like Lewa, I myself like all of them, but not just them. Umarak is also very solid and the creatures are fantastic too.

pure_muscle.png

There's barely anything to love about G2 when the story is outright bland and uninteresting. Don't try to tell me "oh it's simplified for the youngsters!" STOP. The 2001 bionicle story was simple enough to understand while still giving you very complex ideas and names and a vibrant beautiful world. On top of that, there always remained a mystery to the aura of the bionicle. However, in this age we live in a time of kids playing on their phones or their xbox's so apparently we need to "dumb down" the story for those audiences, much to the disappointment of a true bionicle fan.

While I will say I enjoyed most of the set design from 2015, it's still very lacking as the same mask was used for every protector, and the enemies are so very underwhelming. I feel like the Toa aren't even struggling with the new villians in the story. And the set design of 2016 leaves so much to be desired.

Let's face it, Bionicle had its run now it's nothing more than a way for Lego to make abit of extra money from the remainder of the bionicle fandom.

And the set design of 2016 leaves so much to be desired.

Care to elaborate?

pure_muscle.png

There's barely anything to love about G2 when the story is outright bland and uninteresting. Don't try to tell me "oh it's simplified for the youngsters!" STOP. The 2001 bionicle story was simple enough to understand while still giving you very complex ideas and names and a vibrant beautiful world. On top of that, there always remained a mystery to the aura of the bionicle. However, in this age we live in a time of kids playing on their phones or their xbox's so apparently we need to "dumb down" the story for those audiences, much to the disappointment of a true bionicle fan.

While I will say I enjoyed most of the set design from 2015, it's still very lacking as the same mask was used for every protector, and the enemies are so very underwhelming. I feel like the Toa aren't even struggling with the new villians in the story. And the set design of 2016 leaves so much to be desired.

Let's face it, Bionicle had its run now it's nothing more than a way for Lego to make abit of extra money from the remainder of the bionicle fandom.

It wasn't "dumbed down", it got a smaller budget. Big difference.

Since we *are* talking about a toy line here, most of that went into the (absolutely fantastic) sets. Bionicle in 2001 got so much attention because Lego needed it to be a saviour... but then this has been discussed far too many times.

I'll admit, I loved G1 from 01' all the way to the end, and maybe still prefer it to G2, but G2 is still more than a worthy comeback, and so far G2 is definitely more "Bionicle" than the waning years of G1 were.

Plus, I keep seeing a grave misunderstanding of concepts among the anti-G2 crowd. The first few years of G1 didn't have a complex or fleshed out story. It had a complex and fleshed out backstory. There was a boatload of lore and history and names and all that, but the story itself was just "get-masks-kill-baddie" over and over. Sure, characterization was deeper, but about 90% of that came from MNOG. Even the books didn't start coming out until years in, and those weren't any more detailed than G2 books.

Personally, I adore G2 set design, and after I got over the whole "that's not what the island is called, Lewa should be air ,etc etc" phase I began to come to like Okoto and its customs. 

The protectors are without a doubt the best villagers Bionicle ever had, but someone already said that.

The creatures are among my favorite Bionicle sets. Ever. G1 included (seriously, whoever made those things should get a Nobel prize or something).

The Masters and Uniters are both great Toa waves and logical upgrades of one another.

The Skull villains - while making me roll eyes at the theme at first - are actually pretty interesting and varied,  as opposed to the clone set tendency of G1

Umarak is baller.

Looking forward, the Beasts are deviant and risky enough to make me love their ugly designs for what they are. I mean, if keeping G2 Bionicle on the lower tiers of the brand echelons allows Lego to go with such risky and experimental builds, I'm all for it (plus Storm Beast genuinely looks good).

Journey To One was great as far as I am concerned.

I'm genuinely interested in where to the story will expand after 17', and am looking forward to this arc being completed.

As an unabashed lover of G1, I can with a clear conscience say that G2 is awesome and a worthy continuation.

:kakama:

Edited by Pohaturon
  • Upvote 4

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I'll admit, I loved G1 from 01' all the way to the end, and maybe still prefer it to G2, but G2 is still more than a worthy comeback, and so far G2 is definitely more "Bionicle" than the waning years of G1 were.

Plus, I keep seeing a grave misunderstanding of concepts among the anti-G2 crowd. The first few years of G1 didn't have a complex or fleshed out story. It had a complex and fleshed out backstory. There was a boatload of lore and history and names and all that, but the story itself was just "get-masks-kill-baddie" over and over. Sure, characterization was deeper, but about 90% of that came from MNOG. Even the books didn't start coming out until years in, and those weren't any more detailed than G2 books.

Personally, I adore G2 set design, and after I got over the whole "that's not what the island is called, Lewa should be air ,etc etc" phase I began to come to like Okoto and its customs. 

The protectors are without a doubt the best villagers Bionicle ever had, but someone already said that.

The creatures are among my favorite Bionicle sets. Ever. G1 included (seriously, whoever made those things should get a Nobel prize or something).

The Masters and Uniters are both great Toa waves and logical upgrades of one another.

The Skull villains - while making me roll eyes at the theme at first - are actually pretty interesting and varied,  as opposed to the clone set tendency of G1

Umarak is baller.

Looking forward, the Beasts are deviant and risky enough to make me love their ugly designs for what they are. I mean, if keeping G2 Bionicle on the lower tiers of the brand echelons allows Lego to go with such risky and experimental builds, I'm all for it (plus Storm Beast genuinely looks good).

Journey To One was great as far as I am concerned.

I'm genuinely interested in where to the story will expand after 17', and am looking forward to this arc being completed.

As an unabashed lover of G1, I can with a clear conscience say that G2 is awesome and a worthy continuation.

:kakama:

I fell in love with G1 for the sets, then the lore & with the reboot, I can see the appeal behind the simpler story, although I do wish it would be more complex & while I wouldn't want to put the beasts on display, I think they would be great to build & play with. 

This reboot has been a pleasant surprise so far & I can't wait to see what new things will be explored or touched upon after we've had skeletons & animals so far. 

Edited by Naota Takizawa