Sil's Antique MOCs Topic

silo

So here's a topic dedicated to showing off a bunch of MOCs I made ages ago, back when I actually made MOcs. They've been sitting in a plastic box for literally years, so they're soon to be deconstructed - I thought it would be best if they got one last chance to see the light of day...

Toa of Sky and Land

This guy was one of the two larger 'toa' (I can't remember if they were ever actually supposed to be toa) I made. He was supposed to control both Earth-based stuff and Air-based stuff.

Toa of Heat and Cold

And here's the other one: as you might have guessed, this guy had mastery over fire and ice. 

Heat Vision Rahkshi

This was made soon after the first CCBS sets were released, if I recall correctly. More of an experiment than anything, I think.

Cyclone RahkshiSpine detail

Another rahk, this one a bit more creative imo. I think it was basically me seeing what I could do with those stupid Av-Matoran bodies...something other than an Av-Matoran, at least.

Makuta №1 - Back View

Either I don't remember this guy's name or he never had one. Either way I'm sorry :P He was supposed to represent the more Icarax-y kinda Makuta.

Makuta №2

Here's another Makuta: as far as I can remember, this one was probably the more kinda mad scientist Makuta, and was made to look spider-like.

Silver Spirit of Mata-Nui

In all honesty I can't remember if this was supposed to be Mata-Nui or Toa Ignika, but in any case it was inspired by the Toa Ignika set in some obvious ways.

Hero 1 - Hero 2 - Hero 3

Some HF heroes: the first guy was built right after CCBS came out, following the 'rules' for CCBS heroes. The other two are a bit more different, with the third having a mostly custom build.

Hero Factory Enforcer Jet-flyerRider dismounted - Top-down view

This was supposed to be some kind of police chase vehicle for the Hero Factory, with a mean lookin' rider slotting into place on some kind of fast flying machine.

Matoran Exo-Suit - Side - Back - Dismounted

​Now this one's pretty cool, if I do say so myself: gigantic exo-suit complete with Matoran rider. It even has custom feet. As I remember this was its second iteration, the first being too unstable.

Scavenger

Now here's a really old MOC. IIRC he was a bounty-hunter anti-hero of some kind, but not a Dark Hunter. Probably some kind of mutated Matoran

Shadow-Spawn

Generic bad guy minion: I'm pretty sure this model was originally made specially for an animation, one which I inevitable never got round to making. He even has a painted head.

Valgar, the Ice Lord

He's some kind of Ko-Elemental, but is neither a toa nor a Makuta, so...I'm not really sure. His mask is from Vamprah, the first ever Bionicle set I got.

Lightning Dragon - Back (standing) - Back (flying) - Front (flying) - Flight 1 - Flight 2

​Created soon after the first wave of HF came out, this guy is pretty intricate. The middle set of limbs forms a stand when landed, but come together to make a blaster when flying.

It even has a light up tail :P

So, there you have it. Just thought I'd take some pictures before they're scrapped (or possibly not). Anyway, I'd love to hear any thoughts you have on them, even if these MOCs are past their sell-by date - comments and criticism appreciated :D

Edited by The Silent King
  • Upvote 3

Kathok

Tbh a lot of these models feel meh, but I do like the general look of scavenger and his helicopter blades, orange and grey are nice. Shadown spawns thin frame is kinda interesting even though his build is really simple. Heat Vision Rahkshi is has interesting shoulders and the enforces jet flyer is cool. Feet of the lighting dragon gives me ideas.

• 4 weeks later...

Mmm not too shabby for old MOCs. :P The tan and lime color scheme on the Toa of sky and land is interesting, I don't think I've ever seen another model with it! The toa of heat and cold is probably my fave (even if the combo of his elemental powers is a bit far-fetched :D). There's just a nice flow to the figure. His weapon is a bit outlandish, though. The Matoran Exo-Suit is also lovely. Midak skyblasters and an orange and gray color scheme make me think of it as an Av-Matoran creation, so some rocket packs on that bad boy would be very welcome.

On the whole, very nice!

• Upvote 1

If you wait until the last minute, then it only takes one minute. 

Flickr    BZPRPG