Mask of Time G2 image!

ToaTImeLord

just because the creators said it was a reboot does not mean we can trust them. Why would you trust Lego??

"Literally our only source of canon, accurate and credible information, the writers putting together the story and the company in charge of the whole thing are, like, totally lying, you guys!"

What is the Bionicle equivalent of a tin-foil hat?

:kakama:

• Upvote 7

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Tuuli you are a very toxic member of this board. You seem to think Lego shouldn't be trusted with story details when they are the source of canon. You don't seem to grasp that G2 is a reboot, and that they can use names from G1, because guess what, BIONICLE is Lego's IP not yours.

The surprise was vampires!

Just because something is a reboot, doesn't mean that it can't necessarily be a continuation in some capacity. However, BIONICLE G2 is a Reboot. Not an entirely hard one though, as it has connections to the old story. Namely the Vahi and the Toa. But nothing more than that. Yeah, we have Makuta, but we really don't have much in the way of info when it comes to him other than the fact that unlike in the original story, he is in fact the Brother of a Major or the most Major character of the story.

Regardless though, you should really look up the definitions of these certain words before you make blind arguments for or against them. It makes one look really stupid and naive.

You can defend your point, and be a bit cynical, personally I see this is being fine myself. However, you also have to know what you are talking about to begin with before you just rush in all Leeroy-Jenkins like and all, metaphorically speaking, and start Mudslinging and Flame Warring. No one wants that, and it gets nobody anywhere.

A Connection would justify a continuity argument, but who's to say if it would expand into the old lore or not. Frankly though, I don't think it would, it would satisfy both sides I think, and would make for maybe a proper ending to the old story, yet even still we aren't anywhere close to being there yet in-lore. We know of the Toa and Vahi, nothing more. Patience, you must have patience. But don't outright try and throw punches at the first sign of evidence or counter evidence. I for one have learned this the hard way, and I am worried that you will to.

It maddened me when certain members just outright ignored certain pieces of evidence and what turned out to be valid rumors months back, but now they're the one's who have less of a basis. Not you, and not me, and certainly no one defending the point that we wish there to be a continuation or connection of some kind. I am not however, saying that the new story is bad, just that I personally want there to be a connection, but am not going out of my way attacking and accusing people per say, and even if I would say that someone say lied or the like, even still I wouldn't put that person down, rather show their wrong, but also show their benevolent and non-insulting stance on it, and be done with it. No harm no foul.

But why can't we just have a civil discussion without someone coming in and starting an argument? Frankly, it is extremely rude and trollish to do such things, especially when the original Topic Poster just wanted to have a nice civil discussion. I for one am not entirely in the right, mind you. For I used a word that was seen as bad, and I lost a proto for it. It has thought me though, to take a warning and use that experience to not cause conflict again. And, wouldn't logically speaking it do the same to that who started the argument? To teach them NOT to do it again? I guess not.

ANYWAY, Now, away from that topic, and back onto the discussion of the Mask itself. Frankly, I do really like the design, it's not really what I expected to be perfectly honest, but I wasn't entirely sure as to what I was expecting really. Again, I would love to see how the two parts connect to eachother. It is very interesting really, and if I can find my misplaced Golden Ignika, then I will have a complete set of the Legendary Masks. The Mask of Creation (Arka(maybe)), The Mask of Time (Vahi), and The Mask of Life (Ignika). And lets just throw in the Masks of Control and Ultimate Power in their too for funsies.

So All together, for my collection it would be the Golden Mask of Life, The Silver Mask of Life, The Mask of Creation, The Orange Vahi, The Dark-Gold Vahi, The Top Half of the Vahi. And the aforementioned others too.

My Apologies that this goes back to the prior argument, I wrote much of this before that little tid-bit as not to continue it. Lets this be the last of that argument and be done with it. Again, my apologies.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Well said my friend, Wind.

As she and TTL have said, lets keep this civil.

So, when do you all think the Vahi will be released in a set? My best guess is either the summer of 2017, or other winter of 2018. Why not the winter of 2017? Because we will have the Mask of Ultimate Power being the main contributing piece in-lore, Not the Vahi, plus frankly I don't see how the Vahi would be used really. Then again, we have no clue as to how and what the sets will be or look like, let alone the story, so with that being said, it is most likely in my mind that it will be released some time in 2018.

pure_muscle.png

Yeah, no reason to fight.

Anyway, man, that's amazing that the graphic novel shows the real physical appearance of the G2 Mask of Time. I like that it's name is the Vahi.

It looks like a flower. It looks very cool!:D

I can see that it looks like a top half of a mask. I always wondered why the G1 Vahi looks like that its top half is missing. Well, this seems fitting in a way.

Let's talk about the relationship between the Vahi's:

G1: The mask started off as six Great Disks, which were created by Artakha. Vakama combined the discs to create the Disk of Time, he also crafted into the Mask of Time. When it fell into a sea, its gold color started to rust into orange as its Time energy is leaking out, threatening to harm the space-time continuum in the Matoran Universe. Vakama fixed it to prevent the disaster from happening.

G2: Ekimu said that the Vahi is "older than the stars" and it is split into two halves. This one is the top half, which can allow him to see the future and can be used to summon the Toa in the Temple of Time. The lower half is said to be missing. People don't know where it is or what it looks like.

I know this seems a little contradicting, but if the G1 Vahi is the lower half of the G2 one, then there's got to be a logical explanation. Here's my theory:

In the G1 universe, the Great Beings were thinking about creating a complete Vahi when they were creating the Great Spirit Robot, but they worried that if it were to be broken in the Matoran Universe, it could become a great risk, so they came up with a plan. They only made the top half and probably invented the Kanohi Olmak, the Mask of Dimensional Gates, so they could meet Ekimu in his dimension. They entrusted him with the top half. Ekimu kept it for 100,000 years. He kept the deal with the Great Beings a secret, so he doesn't want anyone to find and force the Great Beings to give them another powerful mask.

As for the the bottom half, they gave Artahka the materials that could be used to create it, but Artahka was too concerned, so he used the materials to create the Great Disks instead as a way to make the lower half's creation stable without ruining the space-time continuum in the Matoran Universe.

So, there.:) What do you think? You find it logical?

• Upvote 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I don't know who trust when it comes to official Lego canon anymore.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

So, when do you all think the Vahi will be released in a set? My best guess is either the summer of 2017, or other winter of 2018. Why not the winter of 2017? Because we will have the Mask of Ultimate Power being the main contributing piece in-lore, Not the Vahi, plus frankly I don't see how the Vahi would be used really. Then again, we have no clue as to how and what the sets will be or look like, let alone the story, so with that being said, it is most likely in my mind that it will be released some time in 2018.

There's a chance G2 won't continue past 2017. If that is the case, I hope for the 2017 release.

To all BIONICLE fanfiction writers - send me your work, I'd genuinely love to read it - especially canon compliant pieces. I'm always looking for more such material to read and to circulate with my friends.

There's a chance G2 won't continue past 2017. If that is the case, I hope for the 2017 release.

Tiny, tiny chance based on a throwaway comment. 

I sincerely hope it doesn't end, and while some US based fans have reported low stocks and poor sales, G2 sets are going like freaking candy in Europe.

As for the set release, I'm thinking that based on 2015, the more significant of the two annual special masks is released in the summer wave (mask of creation), therefore the MoUP would get that in 2017. 

However, seeing as in 2016 we got the Mask of Control in the winter and... mutated Mask of Control? I guess? in the summer, they might keep the heavy hitter (meaning the MoUP) for the winter again in 2017.

Basically what I'm saying is that if the Vahi is released in 2017, it's a 50/50 toss up which wave we're getting it in. If it's 2018, we might get the two halves, one per wave.

• Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

To help with the issue, I have a theory:

If you're familiar with the Looking Glass War novels, then congratulations, you're winning. If you've never read them (or heard of them), then sit back and suffer through my explanation :P

The LGW books serve as a sort of alternative to the story of Alice in Wonderland we all know. The story goes that the world it takes place in is completely separate from ours, but it does influence us. In this version of Wonderland, there's a power described as "imagination." Certain beings (usually the royal families) are very strong with it and can conjure up almost anything they imagine. Other citizens of this world manifest it in different ways. Each year, there's a ceremony of sorts in which the leading inventors and engineers of the land bring their latest ideas before the Heart family (including Princess Alyss). The queen and king would look over the various creations, and when they come to one that they find intriguing, they have it thrown into the Heart Crystal, a sort of metaphysical portal that converts anything thrown into it into an abstract thought, which is then projected to Earth.

Once there, human minds receive these thoughts and inspirations, and can use them to invent their own. Thomas Edison and the lightbulb was one such example. 

Now, what if a similar world existed here? So, we have the G1 universe, the G2 universe, and some third continuity that feeds and inspires both of them. Someone from that third universe could have "inspired" the concept of the Mask of Time, and it was picked up by both Vakama and the maker of the G2 Mask. Ekimu has no idea where the G2 one came from, and there were legends and ideas about the Vahi before it was ever created. Teridax seemed confident that the Vahi could exist, and that had to come from somewhere. Mata Nui, maybe. But why would expert mask-maker Vakama make a mask that only covered half of the face unless there was some sort of indicator that it had to look like that? 

All speculation, of course, but take it as you will. And who's to say that Vakama or someone else didn't make a second "Vahi" that comprised the top half, but imbued it with a different set of powers? I don't think there needs to be a connection between G1 and G2, but if there is, then let it be only through the Mask of Time. Two halves of the same mask, separated by universal boundaries that cannot be crossed because LEGO forbids such travel. :P

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Tiny, tiny chance based on a throwaway comment. 

I sincerely hope it doesn't end, and while some US based fans have reported low stocks and poor sales, G2 sets are going like freaking candy in Europe.

As for the set release, I'm thinking that based on 2015, the more significant of the two annual special masks is released in the summer wave (mask of creation), therefore the MoUP would get that in 2017. 

However, seeing as in 2016 we got the Mask of Control in the winter and... mutated Mask of Control? I guess? in the summer, they might keep the heavy hitter (meaning the MoUP) for the winter again in 2017.

Basically what I'm saying is that if the Vahi is released in 2017, it's a 50/50 toss up which wave we're getting it in. If it's 2018, we might get the two halves, one per wave.

Oh goody, where'd you find that out? :D

Seeing as LEGO is based in Europe, not to mention that G2 is actually successful there (apparently), a continuation beyond 2017 seems plausible.

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

Wasn't there another page from one of the graphic novels where the Mask of Time was shown too?  I think it was the part where the Protectors were summoning the Toa.  Anyhow that mask looked a lot like the Gen1 Vahi, but I seem to recall people saying that was just a placeholder image.  Did anyone ever find out if that was true or not?  Because, if not, it seems sensible that that mask was the other half.  Though then I wonder how it got lost.

Also, the Looking Glass Wars.  Thank you, good sir, I now know what to raid the library for next =P

• Upvote 2

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

Wasn't there another page from one of the graphic novels where the Mask of Time was shown too?  I think it was the part where the Protectors were summoning the Toa.  Anyhow that mask looked a lot like the Gen1 Vahi, but I seem to recall people saying that was just a placeholder image.  Did anyone ever find out if that was true or not?  Because, if not, it seems sensible that that mask was the other half.  Though then I wonder how it got lost.

Also, the Looking Glass Wars.  Thank you, good sir, I now know what to raid the library for next =P

Canonically, the Mask of Time in both graphic novels is the upper half which is kept in the Temple of Time, so that more or less confirms the appearance of the one in the first graphic novel was merely a placeholder. The lower half has yet to make an appearance in G2, but legend tells of its existence (and we all know how legends are in Bionicle). So we will probably see it at some point.

• Upvote 5

The 1st Shadow, rocking out the Looking Glass Wars references! Yes!

I haven't heard anyone talk about those books in a long time. Nice theory by the way. :b

Thank you. :) I was thinking it over and came to two conclusions: 1) the G1 Vahi is the bottom half, and 2) there was some sort of interdimensional inspiration for the Masks of Time. After all, it can't be a coincidence that two themes named "Bionicle" both share the concept of a legendary Mask with related powers. Had to come from somewhere, so LGW popped into my head. :) Nice to see I struck a chord with some people on that one. 

It's an excellent series by Frank Beddor. I strongly recommend it, along with the Shannara novels by Terry Brooks. :)

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

After all, it can't be a coincidence that two themes named "Bionicle" both share the concept of a legendary Mask with related powers.

This kind of argument keeps popping up and never, ever makes any sense.

Shared aspects of Bionicle G1 and G2 are NEVER a coincidence, but that doesn't mean they imply anything whatsoever about a connection between the two. Reused ideas come with the territory of EVERY reboot, because a reboot that had absolutely nothing in common with the property it was rebooting would hardly even qualify as a reboot in the first place.

I mean, is it possible that the G1 Vahi is the lower half of the G2 Vahi? Sure! But the mere fact that both stories have a legendary Mask of Time by that name doesn't imply anything one way or the other, any more than other shared names like Makuta or the six Toa do.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Whether or not the Mask of Time dealio is intended to indicate a far-flung connection to the old canon, G2 is still a reboot, at the very least in the sense that the creators themselves are using the term. That was the first thing they said when G2 was announced, you can watch the video if you want. 

"Continuation" and "reboot" aren't mutually exclusive terms, they can be mixed in a variety of ways that sometimes make trying to define a single, solid continuity through the whole thing very muddy. That is what I tend to believe is going on at this point with Bionicle, but of course, it ain't over 'til it's over. 

Transformers had Beast Wars, which succeeded the G1 continuity and was set in the far-flung future of it, but from what I understand had very, very little to do with the original as far as its core plot went. In fact, I remember reading that the G1 that Beast Wars alluded to was in fact a concocted mesh of two separate cartoon and comic continuities from G1 - if that's the case, I don't see why Bionicle G2 couldn't be adopting an "inaccurate" G1 as its ancestor. In any case, Beast Wars was effectively a reboot, and though I don't really know the Transformers fandom I'd assume they identify it as such.

As a huge Transformers fan I can tell you that while Beast Wars was a bit of a reboot, it contained many direct references to G1 and even had Megatron, Ravage and Optimus Prime appear, and many other connections to G1 have been added retroactively by later stories and now almost every single Transformers universe has a Beast Wars happen somewhere in its timeline. So, uh, yeah. Not a complete reboot with no obvious connections at all like G2 Bionicle.

• Upvote 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

After all, it can't be a coincidence that two themes named "Bionicle" both share the concept of a legendary Mask with related powers.

Shared aspects of Bionicle G1 and G2 are NEVER a coincidence, but that doesn't mean they imply anything whatsoever about a connection between the two. Reused ideas come with the territory of EVERY reboot, because a reboot that had absolutely nothing in common with the property it was rebooting would hardly even qualify as a reboot in the first place.

I mean, is it possible that the G1 Vahi is the lower half of the G2 Vahi? Sure! But the mere fact that both stories have a legendary Mask of Time by that name doesn't imply anything one way or the other, any more than other shared names like Makuta or the six Toa do.

I already addressed this, and you missed the point. Read my post further up, then come back to this one.

-----------------

I never said that the storylines were connected, but that the masks were. Let me give you an example: Darkseid from DC comics. Darkseid exists as a sort of "Multiversal constant," meaning that he is a single entity that exists across all versions of time and space, rather than being many different versions of himself from different timelines. That's how he identified the Justice League as such a threat--he encountered them in one universe and failed, so in another, he sought them out before they could rally against him.

So, we have normal people like Superman, who exist as different versions in different universes (like G1 Tahu and G2 Tahu, for example); and then we have a multiversal constant like Darkseid, who exists as a single entity across all timelines--and that's what I'm saying the concept of the Mask of Time could be.

G1 and G2 are separate, yes. I never denied that. What I said was that the Mask of Time is something that exists outside and inside of both (as a multiversal constant or something similar) and influences both.

The lower half of the G2 Vahi has not been seen yet, not even in-universe. 

From what I've seen, it's heavily implied that the lower half IS the G1 Vahi. Ekimu speaks of legends of the Mask's name, Vahi, and how it may have once been comprised of two halves. G2 masks don't have names, but in G1, they did on a regular basis. The thing we're seeing now is the upper half of that mask, while the G1 Vahi clearly only covered the bottom half of the face. Having two masks from the separate continuities that fit both in name and in purpose (one is the bottom, one is the top), further indicates that the two are connected. 

To be fair, I don't feel the two gens should be connected by story at all. But I say, let there be one single, tiny connection that serves as the unsolved mystery we always wanted from G1--The concept of the Mask of Time. We that are familiar with G1 know what the physical connection is, but if it stays at a point where the connection is never explained in-story, then it's fine. Like this:

g2view.png

Like I said, in a world where masks don't have names, why does this one mask share a name with another Mask of Time?

Why is one clearly designed to only cover the top of the face while the other is designed to only cover the bottom of the face?

I know that Lego is reusing concepts for the reboot, but the number of coincidences surrounding this one thing is something that can't be just that.

• Upvote 1

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

I already addressed this, and you missed the point. Read my post further up, then come back to this one.

-----------------

I never said that the storylines were connected, but that the masks were. Let me give you an example: Darkseid from DC comics. Darkseid exists as a sort of "Multiversal constant," meaning that he is a single entity that exists across all versions of time and space, rather than being many different versions of himself from different timelines. That's how he identified the Justice League as such a threat--he encountered them in one universe and failed, so in another, he sought them out before they could rally against him.

So, we have normal people like Superman, who exist as different versions in different universes (like G1 Tahu and G2 Tahu, for example); and then we have a multiversal constant like Darkseid, who exists as a single entity across all timelines--and that's what I'm saying the concept of the Mask of Time could be.

G1 and G2 are separate, yes. I never denied that. What I said was that the Mask of Time is something that exists outside and inside of both (as a multiversal constant or something similar) and influences both.

The lower half of the G2 Vahi has not been seen yet, not even in-universe.

From what I've seen, it's heavily implied that the lower half IS the G1 Vahi. Ekimu speaks of legends of the Mask's name, Vahi, and how it may have once been comprised of two halves. G2 masks don't have names, but in G1, they did on a regular basis. The thing we're seeing now is the upper half of that mask, while the G1 Vahi clearly only covered the bottom half of the face. Having two masks from the separate continuities that fit both in name and in purpose (one is the bottom, one is the top), further indicates that the two are connected. 

To be fair, I don't feel the two gens should be connected by story at all. But I say, let there be one single, tiny connection that serves as the unsolved mystery we always wanted from G1--The concept of the Mask of Time. We that are familiar with G1 know what the physical connection is, but if it stays at a point where the connection is never explained in-story, then it's fine. Like this:

g2view.png

Like I said, in a world where masks don't have names, why does this one mask share a name with another Mask of Time?

Why is one clearly designed to only cover the top of the face while the other is designed to only cover the bottom of the face?

I know that Lego is reusing concepts for the reboot, but the number of coincidences surrounding this one thing is something that can't be just that.

It is odd that they gave it a name, but it does make some degree of sense given its importance to the story. And since they apparently wanted to give it a name, it would make no sense to name it something new when they already had a perfectly good name from G1. Unlike the Toa masks, after all, this is still the Mask of Time, rather than a mask with a completely different power.

As for it being the top half while the old one only covered the bottom half of the face, that's not necessarily a coincidence either. The odds are good that the bottom half will be based on the classic mask's appearance, just like the Toa masks were based on their original G1 masks—but that's not to say that it'll represent the exact same mask from G1.

Edited by Lyichir

I wonder, if they are going to use the Vahi's half-covered style from Gen1, how they're going to get it to attach to the wearer's face.  The shape doesn't lend itself well to the headphones-style connector on the new heads.  I can see it with this half of the mask but not with the old version.

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

Do not call me toxic or say that I should be banned because I came here to discuss Bionicle so I will do so, but I don't have to be positive just because you are. Believe it or not some people just don't like how the new bionicle is going right now. That's all I'm going to say and again, let's keep it civil.

I wonder, if they are going to use the Vahi's half-covered style from Gen1, how they're going to get it to attach to the wearer's face.  The shape doesn't lend itself well to the headphones-style connector on the new heads.  I can see it with this half of the mask but not with the old version.

It's possible that the lower half will simply attach to the upper half, and not to the actual face.

Alternatively, a set that features the lower half might use attachments connected to the eyestalk, like the summer Beasts do.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a real sentimental person, and continuity in long running sagas is like, my favorite thing.

I personally really hope this is LEGO trying to connect G1 to G2.

I just can't part with the amazing lore and setting of G1 BIONICLE. Rahi, Kanohi, Matoran. I love these things too much to just see it...disapear.

it seems to me that certain fans are not too keen on having such a connection, I am not exactly sure why. Because the devs said it doesn't exist?

Is there something else I am missing? are people retrospectively hating on G1?

I luv Beast Wars :3

• Upvote 2

keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png

I'm a real sentimental person, and continuity in long running sagas is like, my favorite thing.

I just can't part with the amazing lore and setting of G1 BIONICLE. Rahi, Kanohi, Matoran. I love these things too much to just see it...disapear.

it seems to me that certain fans are not too keen on having such a connection, I am not exactly sure why. Because the devs said it doesn't exist?

I'm not overwhelmingly opposed to a connection (particularly of the "alternate universe" variety). I've even got a fanfic in the works that explores a connection, though I don't know if I'll ever finish it. But I think a lot of people's expectations of a connection between the two generations are unrealistic:

• We are unlikely to see all of G1's loose ends wrapped up. There are just too many of them, and trying to address each and every one would surely derail the G2 story.
  • I also don't see why some people think that making them share a continuity would make G2 better. If G2 is really as much worse than G1 as a lot of these people believe, wouldn't making them a part of the same universe hurt G1 as much as it helps G2? Why would you want to do that?
  • I think making the G1 and G2 universes the same universe or making their Toa the same Toa also would create more problems than it resolves. If the Toa are the same, then why are their personalities, appearances, mask powers, weapons, and even Lewa's element different in G2 than in G1? If the G2 Mask of Time is older than the stars, then how how far apart would you have to put it and the G1 Mask of Time (whose origins we saw very clearly) for them to be part of the same timeline? These are questions that you'd have to take time to answer, and just like wrapping up the G1 loose ends, that kind of exposition could easily get things sidetracked.
  • Finally, I don't want to see G2 using the G1 story as a crutch. Even if G2 is worse than G1, there's no reason to think the only way for it to get better is to merge it with G1. G1 had plenty of its own flaws and its own growing pains, after all. If G1 could achieve greatness without depending on a pre-existing continuity, why can't G2 do the same?
However, your point about loving the G1 universe and not wanting to abandon it is something I can understand, so thank you for explaining that so well. :)
  • Upvote 4

May I weigh in? I think a G1 connection with the mask would be smart. The upper half Vahi seems to confirm the TTV rumor from before 2015's release. I've been following Bionicle for this long, it's be nice if there was some sort of payoff, and seeing a Mask of Time at it's full potential would be worth the wait. I think, if this won't fit into G2, a Mask of Time plotline would fit well into G3, with the Vahi being the constant through all generations, somehow connecting them. If they've planned this early on, a time travel element could be very smart.

My Theory: When the G2 Vahi is combined with the G1 Vahi, it gains the power of time travel. The ultimate power of time (which I was very disappointed the G1 Vahi never had). Either this will be worked into G2 (and if they're smart, they'll have planned an awesome time travel twist from the start), or LEGO is thinking much more long term, and a time travel element *should* be present in G3.

Going with that, I wonder just how long term LEGO is thinking with Bionicle. G1 was planned for 8 years, and went for 9. I wonder if they're not only planning for a continuation of G2, but also an inevitable G3...

• 2 weeks later...

I do think Ekimu's speech about the Vahi does hint at some sort of connection between G1 and G2- the fact that it and no other mask has a name is a pretty big red flag to me- but I do hope those hints don't become anything more than hints so that G2 has a chance to stand on its own.

Also, I'm inclined to believe G2 will wrap itself up next year, if only because I remember a couple times Lego stuck to three-year story arcs for other lines in the past, and because Bionicle isn't quite as important to the company as it once was.  I figure it'd just go one legendary mask per year- Creation, Control, and in 2017, Ultimate Power.

Edited by Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

I feel Bionicle well go to 2020.

Bionicle is not as important as it use to be, but if it is cancelled Lego losses it's main CCBS line. Yes Star Wars is doing good now, but how long will that last? A year or two. It will soon fade back to the Standard brick system and leave the CCBS line.

So Bionicle well last longer than people think. For it is doing it's part as the main CCBS line.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Yes Star Wars is doing good now, but how long will that last? A year or two. It will soon fade back to the Standard brick system and leave the CCBS line.

If the Star Wars CCBS sets are selling well, then it could continue as long as there's relevant source material.  And, given the course of things, it looks like they won't be lacking in source material for a long time.

• Upvote 5

OpAXNpl.jpg

I know that feeling all too well my friend, not knowing why other's wouldn't want such a connection. But in the end it changes nothing truly, as I've come to know. BIONICLE G1 was left at such a footnote that really in my eyes only the fans could continue it truly, nothing on LEGO's part would stop with from happening. And, I also believe that they don't want to go back and truly change anything from G1, rather have there be a connection between the two, but leave the old lore unchanged. Others however tend to see such a connection as the thing to destroy what once was. Yet I ask, has LEGO ever been known to go back and change something, ultimately making it worse? No. Is LEGO known to bring old lines back? Rarely, but whenever they have, they haven't been to my knowledge as story driven as BIONICLE is and was. So I ask, is a connection between the old and the new really the coffin and casket of the old? No, it isn't, and knowing LEGO they wouldn't be one to change it.

pure_muscle.png

I think most people are more worried about connecting the two generations ruining G2 rather than G1.  The current story is nice and simple as it is.  No need to bend over backwards to connect it to the continuity snarl that is G1 and overcomplicate G2 in the process.  A few diehard fans would have all the nice nostalgia fuzzies, yeah, but everyone who wasn't around back then would be scratching their heads going "what in the world is this now?".

• Upvote 2

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )