G2 Vahi's true power?

So as you know the new Vahi of G2 has been seen and it has 2 pieces now this topic is not to talk if G1 and G2 are connected no this is to speak what would happen if the 2 masks combine.

For reference im gonna use the G1 lower half power.

G1 Vahi: Makes time go slower

G2 Vahi: Gives you images of the past? i might be wrong in that one cause i haven't bought the graphic novel yet

I think that the power is Time Travel that is my guess but what's youres?

I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the Matoran Universe

So as you know the new Vahi of G2 has been seen and it has 2 pieces now this topic is not to talk if G1 and G2 are connected no this is to speak what would happen if the 2 masks combine.

For reference im gonna use the G1 lower half power.

G1 Vahi: Makes time go slower

G2 Vahi: Gives you images of the past? i might be wrong in that one cause i haven't bought the graphic novel yet

I think that the power is Time Travel that is my guess but what's youres?

The upper half of the G2 Vahi has been used for two things: seeing images of the future (which Ekimu did in this latest graphic novel in a flashback, showing a betrayal and six Toa and prompting him to create golden masks for those Toa to claim in his absence), and for summoning the Toa (which the six Protectors did in the first graphic novel and chapter book by all channeling their power into the mask as part of a ritual). The lower half of the G2 Vahi has not been seen yet, not even in-universe. My personal theory is that the ritual to summon the Toa worked similarly to the G1 Vahi's power—all six Protectors using the mask in unison managed to slow down time around the island of Okoto to preserve the island until the prophecied Toa's arrival. But there's no real confirmation of the mechanics of that.

Either way, it has been more useful so far in the story than the G1 Vahi ever was, which was never shown to be controllable by any of its wearers in-story and thus was only really used productively once—as a threat of mutually assured destruction in Time Trap.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I haven't bought the graphic novel yet, but from the snippets I've seen, it looks like the mask gives glimpses of the future and/or past, yes. 

The lower half of the G2 Vahi has not been seen yet, not even in-universe. 

From what I've seen, it's heavily implied that the lower half IS the G1 Vahi. Ekimu speaks of legends of the Mask's name, Vahi, and how it may have once been comprised of two halves. G2 masks don't have names, but in G1, they did on a regular basis. The thing we're seeing now is the upper half of that mask, while the G1 Vahi clearly only covered the bottom half of the face. Having two masks from the separate continuities that fit both in name and in purpose (one is the bottom, one is the top), further indicates that the two are connected. 

To be fair, I don't feel the two gens should be connected by story at all. But I say, let there be one single, tiny connection that serves as the unsolved mystery we always wanted from G1--The concept of the Mask of Time. We that are familiar with G1 know what the physical connection is, but if it stays at a point where the connection is never explained in-story, then it's fine. Like this:

g2view.png

As for the power of Time Travel, I kinda doubt it. That would be a cool thing to see, but the two powers we've seen so far (not counting the whole "summoning the Toa from the sky" deal) don't seem to have that much of a connection to traversing temporal space. But maybe. Who knows?

Edited by The 1st Shadow
  • Upvote 4

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Giving me continuty headaches. And starting flame wars. http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/22274-mask-of-time-g2-image/ 

Okay, serious this time. I think it will allow the use of G1's power, but in a manner that can be controlled. Or causes another catastrophe. With these masks, it's kind of 50/50.

• Upvote 3

Did you go to the 2002 'The Power Lies Beneath' tour?

If yes, PM me. I'm looking for something that was only distributed during that tour.

Yea, its power it split in half. One of foresight and the other of control. Combining them probably allows you to time travel or something. Its an interesting concept and I like that they made a top-half to the vahi.

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Perhaps it could be a way to slow down a specific enemy instead of just affecting everything at once. Time Travel is another possible power, but that means it would be too similar and close to what G1 Kanohi Olmak could do with alternate dimensions.

Presumably, the G1 Vahi already was supposed to have that power—it was just never used by anyone strong enough to control its time-warping powers selectively.

Also, I don't really see why time travel would be that similar to the Olmak. Creating portals to alternate universes and being able to move forward and backward in time in the same universe (even if it were done through similar portals) are two very different abilities, with very different applications. Besides, I don't see why a G2 mask's power overlapping with a G1 mask's power would be an issue in the first place.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Oh, I just rememberd Bitil's mask power. Calling yourself from 5 minutes ago and stuff. That was a really cool power the complete Vahi could have, but kinda dangerous.

Ah yes the illustrius Mohtrek, mask of Time Duplication

Still seems like a risky power, if you lose control, all versions of you will be dead.

Heres the full details from BioSector 01

The Kanohi Mohtrek is the Mask of Time Duplication. It allows its user to transport one or more past versions of themselves to the present. The user can transport versions of themselves fromt the time they were not wearing the Kanohi Mohtrek. When these past selves are returned to their times, all memories of what they did are erased, but all physical damage they sustained are kept. If a past self is killed, the user will vanish, and an alternate timeline where they did not exist will be created. The amount of concentration required to keep the past selves in the present increases with the number summoned.

Trivia - Bitil considered his Mohtrek a curse as much as a blessing, as he often found himself with injuries at random times and without any memory of what happened, due to being part of future battles.

qs3135.jpg

Oh, I just rememberd Bitil's mask power. Calling yourself from 5 minutes ago and stuff. That was a really cool power the complete Vahi could have, but kinda dangerous.

Still seems like a risky power, if you lose control, all versions of you will be dead.

The Kanohi Mohtrek is the Mask of Time Duplication. It allows its user to transport one or more past versions of themselves to the present. The user can transport versions of themselves fromt the time they were not wearing the Kanohi Mohtrek. When these past selves are returned to their times, all memories of what they did are erased, but all physical damage they sustained are kept. If a past self is killed, the user will vanish, and an alternate timeline where they did not exist will be created. The amount of concentration required to keep the past selves in the present increases with the number summoned.

Trivia - Bitil considered his Mohtrek a curse as much as a blessing, as he often found himself with injuries at random times and without any memory of what happened, due to being part of future battles.

greg "no confusing time travel but yes really obtuse and confusing forms of temporal manipulation" farshtey.

• Upvote 7

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

*snip*

The upper half of the G2 Vahi has been used for two things: seeing images of the future (which Ekimu did in this latest graphic novel in a flashback, showing a betrayal and six Toa and prompting him to create golden masks for those Toa to claim in his absence), and for summoning the Toa (which the six Protectors did in the first graphic novel and chapter book by all channeling their power into the mask as part of a ritual). The lower half of the G2 Vahi has not been seen yet, not even in-universe. My personal theory is that the ritual to summon the Toa worked similarly to the G1 Vahi's power—all six Protectors using the mask in unison managed to slow down time around the island of Okoto to preserve the island until the prophecied Toa's arrival. But there's no real confirmation of the mechanics of that.

Either way, it has been more useful so far in the story than the G1 Vahi ever was, which was never shown to be controllable by any of its wearers in-story and thus was only really used productively once—as a threat of mutually assured destruction in Time Trap.

Just to confirm, that image of the G1 vahi was a placeholder for the upper half right? I've been missing out on some small details like these lol.

And I'm not sure why the mask of time would be able to summon the toa unless it was through time. Maybe they were ancient heroes of long ago (not a G1 connection theory lol) since we don't really know where they came from either, unless this is a Mask of Life deal where anything goes cause it's just a real important mask.

*snip*

Just to confirm, that image of the G1 vahi was a placeholder for the upper half right? I've been missing out on some small details like these lol.

And I'm not sure why the mask of time would be able to summon the toa unless it was through time. Maybe they were ancient heroes of long ago (not a G1 connection theory lol) since we don't really know where they came from either, unless this is a Mask of Life deal where anything goes cause it's just a real important mask.

Yep, the Mask of Time in the first graphic novel is supposed to be the same top portion as the one in the second.

Some people have theorized that the Toa being sent to Okoto may have been an automatic process tied to the planetary alignment mentioned in the Prophecy of Heroes, and the Mask of Time could have been used to "fast forward" that planetary alignment so that it happens "ahead of schedule". Adjusting the flow of time would have been well within the power of the G1 Vahi, so it's not outrageous to think that the G2 Mask of Time might be capable of that as well.

Of course, back when that theory first emerged we didn't know the full extent of the Mask of Time's powers, and arguably we still don't — it's clear that it can do things the G1 Vahi could not, like offering visions of the future, but it's not totally clear what else it can do. The Toa being described as "timeless heroes" could also mean that time travel is a possibility, but I have to wonder if the top half of the Mask of Time would be capable of that on its own. Unless maybe somebody from wherever/whenever the Toa came from were also using the bottom half, allowing it to "sync" across time with the top half that the Protectors were using?

Edited by Aanchir

*snip*

Yep, the Mask of Time in the first graphic novel is supposed to be the same top portion as the one in the second.

Some people have theorized that the Toa being sent to Okoto may have been an automatic process tied to the planetary alignment mentioned in the Prophecy of Heroes, and the Mask of Time could have been used to "fast forward" that planetary alignment so that it happens "ahead of schedule". Adjusting the flow of time would have been well within the power of the G1 Vahi, so it's not outrageous to think that the G2 Mask of Time might be capable of that as well.

Of course, back when that theory first emerged we didn't know the full extent of the Mask of Time's powers, and arguably we still don't — it's clear that it can do things the G1 Vahi could not, like offering visions of the future, but it's not totally clear what else it can do. The Toa being described as "timeless heroes" could also mean that time travel is a possibility, but I have to wonder if the top half of the Mask of Time would be capable of that on its own. Unless maybe somebody from wherever/whenever the Toa came from were also using the bottom half, allowing it to "sync" across time with the top half that the Protectors were using?

I see time travel as a power the full Vahi will have.
  • Upvote 1

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

I just imagine at times Bitil randomly disappearing and everyone around him like "welp there he goes again"

• Upvote 2

Realistically the whole G1 G2 connection stuff can really go both ways at this point. We never realistically got to experience the G1 Vahi used to its full potential or even having that much attention given to it. You'd think a legendary mask could have some more juice than to just mediocrely speed up/down time? Puh-lease.

As for G2, time vision? That sounds tight. I don't see why combining those 2 wouldn't unlock some sort of power that would allow time travel if used user who has the mental capacity for the full on mask control.

Furthermore, I think that there is still an argument that there could be a connection. "Oh but the story team said so and so." Yeah they did, but I also remember several instances when the story team (mainly gf) blaintantly lied to the fanbase to conceal some twists and turns. Sure it's easy to say "i can't discuss" but doesn't lying about it give it that extra juicy hype you would want to see your product line get in order to spike up some sales?

Throw that down the toilette, we could still see Vezon pop in with that yung Olmak infused essence.

Tldr: marvel and dc have crossovers, rebooted and old star trek have crossovers, TMNT and Bat-man had a crossover, so why couldn't Bionicle? It's more likely than no that there's a connection.

Also what better way to increase customer loyalty than introducing them to something old with a lot of lore that is hard to acquire? Kids will eat that up. I mean, that's what the prequel trilogy of Star Wars did to me tbh.

• Upvote 2

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***