Eyru

IC Dessimus

Snarling, Dessimus pushed the sand off of the small rock platform until it was almost all gone. Underneath was boring old stone, and all he had to show for it was a mask splinter.

Angrily sliding it into his pouch, he turned and began to scale the cliff to get back onto solid ground.

IC (Bolu):

Bolu had taken a quick walk before sunrise. He had visited a nearby hut to try and barter for a larger rucksack, but his efforts had turned up fruitless. Upon returning to his hut, he saw his companions from the day before already gathered there. Gapori was speaking, and Bolu heard, "....Mad Queen a visit?"

"If you think that's the best idea for our friends' first day, Gapori. Though it would be probably for the best if they weren't sucked up into the fantasy world of the Tower."

If you wait until the last minute, then it only takes one minute. 

Flickr    BZPRPG   

OOC: He actually only said that to Patches in his hut.

IC: Gapori

As if to answer Paq's question, I simply pointed to Bolu. 

"Bo, I haven't even mentioned what I've got planned yet, and you're already aware of what's going on. Either you're more psychic than I am or a no-good eavesdropper." I give him a suspicious look before readjusting my bag. "But yeah, we're going to see the Queen. Newbies'll have plenty of time to learn the ropes later, so it shouldn't hurt too much. Unless, y'know, she decides to hang us."

I shrugged.

"If you're coming with, grab your stuff and meet us by the edge of town."

IC: Agonos

"What the...a pole?" He muttered, pulling the rust-covered bar from the gray sands. He tested the weight and stood to his feet to give it a few swings. A little heavy for a weapon, but could be useful nevertheless. But a question nagged him inside: Why was it out here like this? There's no good land for a settlement among the dunes. Was there something hidden beneath the sands?

He smirked. He would be back tomorrow. Alone. If there's something out here, it was his, and his alone.

IC

Maru reached out and gently took the stone from Elara's hands. He turned it over, examining the odd carvings across its surface. It almost seemed to resemble a face... a face that hung in his mind for a long moment, a face he was certain he'd seen somewhere before, a long time ago, or in a dream.

"No," he murmured. "Sorry. I feel like I've seen it b'fore, but I don' know wha' it means."

IC

As Toku sifted through the sand with her trident, she caught a glimpse of something underneath. Or at least she thought she did: whatever it was, it was nearly the same colour as the sand.

IC

Uri nodded. "Good."

He and Hanari set out towards the Wastes. The first few minutes were silent, but the other Matoran finally broke the monotonous sound of their footsteps with a question.

"So. You don't remember anything? Like the others?"

IC

Without a shovel, Jasisu's excavation was slow and inefficient. The first ten minutes turned up nothing more than a few bits of iron hardly bigger than her thumb.

IC

As Dessimus slowly began to scale the cliff, he reached out and grabbed at a handhold that turned out not to be a handhold at all. The outcrop of "rock" broke off in his hand, sending him tumbling back onto the sand, unhurt but probably a little shaken.

In his right hand he clutched a piece of what looked like fossilized wood.

IC

Scoop. Toss. Scoop. Toss.

Like sewing, Nix found digging almost therapeutic. The downside was blisters and an aching back at the end of the day, but if she worked at it, she could almost lose herself in the rhythm and forget about life for awhile.

She paused and looked around for a moment. The newcomers seemed to be doing alright, but some of them were venturing a little farther than she dared. She shivered. The Wastes had never been kind, and she doubted that would ever change.

IC: Elara - Canus.

"You think it'll be worth anything to the Queen?" She asked hopefully.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Dessimus

Near the point of blowing over in rage as his right arm dug into the sand, burning like a hundred tiny needles, He grabbed the piece of fossilized wood and furiously began slamming it into the ground beneath-

...Wood.

Dessimus stared at it for a solid minute, then back up where the chunk had broken off. It was a ways up, and securing a stable foothold was going to be tricky. But, he didn't bring the pole for nothing. Scaling back up towards it, he checked his footholds for better placement before sliding back down again. Hm... In deep, I'll need a lot of leverage...

As if fate was readily trying to bless Dessimus and destroy him, what sounded like a thunderous growl whistled its way over to him from somewhere far, far out in the wastes. He had to hurry.

IC:Hanari

There was a moment before she responded, as she thought.

"Not really, no. Fragmented bits and pieces, dunno how long ago they were. I do know that it's probably my memory, though. I...think I have some kind of short term memory loss. I think?" She scratched her chin.

"How long have you been here?"

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC (Jasisu-Wasteland):

The Fa-Matoran felt the bits of iron as she began parting the sand with her fingertips & scooped the metal with her hand. "It's not much, but it's better than nothing." Jasisu thought to herself as she looked at the miniscule bits of metal. 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Zavarix - the Wastes

Jasisu had been digging for at least ten minutes, with only a few bits of iron to show for it. Zavarix had helped half-heartedly at times, but was too busy thinking to pay attention to what he was doing. Was digging really the best way to go about this? Maybe they would've been better of seeking aid from the locals, but at the same time he wanted to prove that he could fend for himself; if he was to survive here, he would have to be independent.

Feeling bad for not being of more use, Zavarix knelt down once more and began scooping sand from the increasingly large pit they had made. He did not look down at what he was doing, however, his eyes were fixed on the horizon, scrutinizing every visible detail for a sign of something of worth.

kIxt3.gif 0xeKp.gif  OFIDc.gif  RbAEL.gif

http://dragcave.net/user/Virid

Wasteland RPG Characters:

Zavarix | Keristary

IC (Jasisu-Wasteland):

"Zavarix? What are you looking at the horizon for? I can't really tell what you want to do, but I'm going to assume that you want to head over there." 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Skoll

The flat, dull expanse was positively crawling with scavengers today. The Su-Matoran would likely have to travel further out in order to find anything remotely useful, so he just continued to wander, kicking up the sand with his feet as he went. He wasn't really in any hurry. Looking all around, he noticed quite a number of the newcomers, mostly working in teams. It was just a passing thought really, and soon his focus diminished.

Presently, he decided that there wasn't much point in going further than this, so he started examining the surrounding area more closely, not really expecting to find much other than the usual.

(OFI)

BZPRPG:

Vergissmeinnicht

Active Characters

Inactive Characters

Mercure

Gida

Zel'Sai - Naberius

Skoll

Brickshelf

Zavarix shook his head and wrote a response into the sand: Just wondering if there's anything to scavenge that we don't have to dig around for. He waited a moment to let Jasisu read what he'd written, before waving his hand through the sand and writing something else: also looking for something to write on...

Zavarix | Keristary

IC (Jasisu-Wateland):

"Well, we can either keep digging with our hands or go see if any of the other matoran have a shovel to lend or at least teach us how to make one." 

IC Dessimus

After sharply driving his pole into a patch of crusted dirt, he now stood with one foot on the horizontal beam and another awkwardly on the cliffside as he snapped forward the blade mechanism in his hand and began cutting away slowly at the rocks surrounding the petrified wood.

He avoided thinking about finding an entire tree, or even better, coal. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

IC: Agonos

Agonos wandered back into the village, slowly and carefully. He couldn't hide his new staff, but if he didn't make a show of it, maybe nobody would approach him. He didn't want to get backed into a corner about what he found out there. He would go back soon. But for now, he needed to figure out how to make a sling for the iron bar.

IC

Maru shrugged at Elara's question. "Could be. She likes weird things, y'know. Sometimes y'think it'll be worthless, n' she loves it. S'why we've got stuff t' build th' village with. Metal ain't always worth more'n, well, rocks."

IC

The sand spilled between Toku's fingers, leaving them dusty and sore, but her digging wasn't in vain. She pulled the sand away to reveal a circular piece of glittering glass.

IC

As he cut away at the rock, Dessimus slowly began to to uncover the remains of a petrified tree, Long dead, the rock had preserved it from withering completely away, leaving it fossilized.

IC

Uri snorted. "Longer than anyone could consider humane," he said to Hanari as they walked. "Forever, as far as I'm concerned. Can't remember anything before this hole. It's been so long, though. Things get fuzzy."

IC

As Zavarix continued to look out towards the horizon, listening to Jasisu he could have sworn he saw something move. Too far away to discern, but a shape, for a split second, appeared against the sands before vanishing.

IC

Nix continued to dig, and to sweat. Nearby, Maka and Ira were in the midst of uncovering a jagged sheet of tin.

IC Dessimus

...Remember luck? Luck can go die in a hole.

Dessimus greedily clawed with his blade around the stone, then stopped directly after. It would be best to get this tree from solid ground and work down, as opposed to working in from the side. Sliding back down and yanking the pole out with some force, he re-scaled the cliffside, checking each foothold twice this time, before crawling onto solid ground and furiously digging at the crumbling, hard ground with his pole.

IC: Elara - Canus.

"Well, then," she glanced up towards the sky, checking the position of the sun. There was plenty of time for her to get to the tower. "Um, thank... you..." the words felt strange to say. 

With that, she turned and started back towards her shelter, to gather her scrap and supplies before setting out to see the Queen. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Toku:

She held it up in the light, "A lens?" 

her question fell flat in the vast expanse, but a quick look through the glass proved that it was indeed a lens.

This struck her as odd, that such a piece would survive this long out here. If she could find others, it might be useful to her, and if she couldn't, perhaps the Blue Queen would take a liking to it's perfectly round shape.

Carefully, but nonetheless somewhat excitedly, she swept aside the sands around where she'd found the single glass piece. The odds of finding more than one of these in such good condition seemed slim, but she had enough scrap and time to indulge her curiousity.

Zavrix tore his gaze from the horizon, a chill running down his spine despite, or perhaps because of, his uncertainty as to what he'd seen, if anything. Focusing on Jasisu he shrugged, then wrote: now that we've started we may as well continue here, perhaps we'll have better luck tomorrow.

He began to dig with more certainty now, not daring to look up for fear of what he may see. Let's just find what we're after and head back, he thought to himself.

Zavarix | Keristary

IC: Hanari

Hanari huffed as they continued walking. Sounded like this wasteland had been a wasteland for a long time. Still, if there was enough junk underneath these sands to use them as a means of trading for water, then it must have all come from somewhere.

"A long time. Hm." She started. "Sounds like this has all been nothing for a long time. But with all the junk out here, scrap and whatnot, you have to wonder..." She thought, looking out across the nothingness.

"All this must've been something once. I wonder what."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC

Maru nodded, and continued walking out towards the Wastes.

IC

Perhaps the lens had once been part of a pair or a set, but now it was alone. Toku's search turned up nothing else.

IC

As time passed, the sand seemed to grow rougher between Zavarix's fingers, but he kept digging. His search turned up nothing more than a few scraps of tattered canvas.

IC

Uri shrugged at Hanari's musings. "I don't know. Something, I guess."

The par had reached the edge of the low cliffs bordering the Wastes. Moving quickly but carefully, Uri began to descend to the sands below with the ease of years of practice.

IC (Jasisu-Wasteland):

"Sure, I'm happy to keep digging." Said the Fa-Matoran as she put her canteen & bits of iron down so she could dig with her hand.

His fingers rubbed raw from the digging, Zavarix leaned back, eyeing the scraps he'd found. A quick scan of their surroundings showed no signs of life, asides from a few other Matoran scavenging in the distance. What was he expecting to see? Whatever had moved was probably just some canvas blowing in the wind, or another Matoran, or perhaps a Rahi... Were there Rahi around here? Still, Zavarix felt uneasy, but he didn't want to say anything just yet. Maybe he would consult with one of the locals back at Canus. For the time being, he needed something more than scraps to show for his effort.

Zavarix | Keristary

IC: Elara - Desert.

Tossing her spear and satchel down onto the sand below, Elara began the careful climb down off the plateau towards the desert floor. She wished she'd managed to catch a few more hour's sleep before setting out, but she was running low on water anyway, and had a feeling the Queen wouldn't appreciate her showing up at the Tower in the middle of the night. 

Upon reaching the bottom, she gathered up her things and set off into the glaring midday light. Not to the east or west, towards the Wastes, but Northwards, towards the lopsided Tower where the Queen made her home. 

OOC: So sorry for the delay!

IC Mina - Canus:

Mina woke with a start and sat bolt upright, only to realize that everything was normal in her hut... save the presence of her two guests, of course. Whatever she had been dreaming she couldn't remember, and probably wouldn't want to anyway. She sleepily readjusted her mask and stood up, gently shook Fulmen's shoulder, then Hekua's. "Time to head out, guys," she said softly.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC (Fulmen-Mina's House):

The Vo-Matoran woke up to see that he was still inside Mina's house with Hekua. "Morning." Said the Matoran of lightning as he sat upright. "Is it time to go scavenging?"

IC Mina - Canus:

"That it is," she replied with a yawn as she stood up and stretched. "I don't think we'll have any problems out there, but just in case, we should stay within sight of the village for today."

She went over to her tiny pile of belongings and fished out two cup-like objects, filling each with roughly two mouthfuls of water from her canteen. The cups she handed to her friends before taking a swig from the canteen itself, and was dismayed to find that only a third of the water remained. I hope we find something worth trading today, she thought. Mina herself already had a few objects she hoped the Queen would like, but Hekua and Fulmen would need help finding something to trade for their own water supply -- not to mention something to store it in.

"We'll head out as soon as you're ready," Mina told them as she glanced around for her staff.

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC

As Jasisu and Zavarix continued to dig, they began to uncover more iron pieces: fragments of some machine that no longer existed.

IC

"So," Uri began as he and Hanari reached the sands. "We dig close to the cliff. Don't go out too far: you might get lost. Or fall in a pit. Or get eaten. It's safer here."

IC

The wind played across the sand as Elara made her way north, towards the Tower. The iron spike appeared to rise from the sands as she approached, leaning over the desert like a decaying tree. It was taller than anything else she had seen here, but looked as though it might topple over at any moment.

As she moved closer, she could begin to make out the shape of the doors at the base of the Tower. Each door was twice as tall as a Matoran, built of solid metal that scorned the harsh sands. No one stood before them; if they were guarded, it was from the inside, or by unseen soldiers.

IC: Elara - The Tower.

How did the other villagers tolerate this sun day after day? It was incessant and unwavering, glaring and intolerable. As she approached the Tower, Elara tried to distract herself from the heat by wondering if she'd always been like this. Had she hated the sun and embraced the dark before her memory loss, and arrival on the outskirts of Canus? Or were her nocturnal habits simply some kind of coping mechanism?

She broke off and stopped before the doors, taken aback as always by their unnatural size. They were built for Toa, of course, but that didn't really explain anything about what the Toa were or why they were here. Some questions in the Wasteland would likely be forever without answers.

Swallowing, she raised a hand to knock loudly on the tall doors. 

IC Mina - Canus:

"Hm, probably something to store water in," she replied. "I don't know if we have any canteens left, but we could just look for some scrap metal and have a Fe-Matoran shape it. Or, I heard one guy found a glass bottle last week, so maybe keep an eye out for something like that."

Propping her staff against the door, she put her cloak on. "You should also look out for any trinkets you think the Queen might like. We'll give her a visit tomorrow if we find anything that looks valuable."

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC (Fulmen-Mina's House):

"I'm ready to go. Let's just hope we don't cause or get into any fights." Said the Matoran after gulping down his cup of water.

IC (Jasisu-Wasteland):

"Hey Zavarix, where do you think all this iron came from? A weapon? A piece of armor? It's a mystery we may not be able to solve..." The Fa-Matoran looked at the bits of iron & rags of canvas the two Matoran had collected. "Now, how do we take all this stuff back with just three hands available when we're done?"

IC Mina - Canus:

"I doubt we will," she assured Fulmen, hoping she didn't just jinx the three of them. The villagers had been nice enough so far, or at least not hostile towards her, though there was always a chance that could change, she supposed. 

The Av-Matoran grabbed her canteen and her staff and made her way out of the little hut, pausing briefly to glance around and see who else was up. Most of the villagers were already off scavenging in the Wastes, but a few parties still lingered. Mina gave a friendly wave to a passerby, to which said Matoran only grunted in reply without even looking at her.

:'D

With that, she strode to the edge of the plateau and began to climb down.

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |