Eyru

IC: Torpaq - Near Canus

I had ignored Gapori's sarcastic remarks - I would not name myself as an optimist, but I find such things unnecessary. When a task is set before you, you must do all you can to complete it, not dawdle with petty sarcasms. With this in mind, I eject a scratchy "Agreed." from my steadily drying throat, and set on our way. And so we walk from the village to intercept the wanderers, who seem, most intriguingly, to be in the same situation I was not so long ago. Behind them a bank of clouds is dark and foreboding, threatening rain. But I know it will not come.

The one Gapori had hailed as 'Dessi' is, I contemplate, from Canus. He is short, stocky and strange in appearance: one arm is woven with mechanisms, while his mask holds an angular and dark complexion. From his manner he strikes me as a brute of an individual, without mentioning the water he is giving out irrationally freely. The second figure, who is one of the new arrivals, is the polar opposite of the first: he looks weak and frail and holds an air of what I rather think is unshakable idealism in his agile and light posture. And the third looks equally worn from trudging across these sands, but seems slower and more deliberate in tone than either of the others.

With these facts established, I glance around me. Behind me another from the village approaches the newcomers. His name I recall to be Maru, and he is involved in the command of this scrap of civilization. Of what brief view I have acquired of him, he appears rational and sensible - an uncommon trait here. After he has spoken his welcome to these strangers, I resolutely introduce myself and Gapori in an accompanying manner, adding that I am a fellow stranger to this place.

I tap my foot as I speak. The cloud behind this group is growing imperceptibly denser, except that it evades showing this effect whenever I look upon it. Is weather that defies the unsettling stillness of this place finally approaching? I know not, but I will not wait to find out...

Kathok

IC: Agonos

Agonos laughed. "Such a pessimist, Aurelius. You should be more like me. Half optimist, half pessimist, always tired." Agonos lifted a finger and pointed at the collection of shacks they were approaching. "See? Some activity buzzes in Canus. Probably nothing important, but it is interesting nevertheless."

IC: Aurelius - Approaching Canus.

"Perhaps more new arrivals?" He guessed, quickening his pace slightly. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Dessimus

Odd, he hadn't noticed the surprisingly quick Matoran until now. Any grave expression or scowl on his face broke free for a moment as the closest thing to a smile drew in its place.

"Canus is the town, of course." He turned towards the assistant superior. "Ah, Maru, good to see you're still capable." Sadly, this was also the closest thing to a compliment he had.

Edited by Ghidora131

IC: Aurelius - Approaching Canus.

"Perhaps more new arrivals?" He guessed, quickening his pace slightly. 

He grunted in reply. He secretly hoped not. Supplies were scarce enough already. They didn't need more freeloaders hanging about. As Agonos stepped from inbetween two small shacks on the edge of the dusty town, his eyes instantly gathered on a small group of other Matoran. Some he knew, some were new. And there was Maru, already welcoming them in. "Curse him." Agonos muttered.

IC:Keoni

Keoni nodded. Seemed friendly enough. She looked to where Maru was going. Indeed, other people. Other newcomers, apparently. Looks like the wasteland was positively gushing with Matoran, apparently whipped up out of thin air. She decided to go say hello as well. No harm in a friendly first impression.

Silent, she approached the other newcomers as well.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: Aurelius - Canus.

"He's just doing what he thinks is right. Can't fault him for that."

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: (Hekua)

"Not at all. By the way, my name's...uh..."

A somewhat long pause.

"Hekua! It's H​​​ekua."

IC (Fulmen - Still Talking with Hekua):

"My name's Fulmen." The Matoran replied. "Do you remember anything about this place besides all the sand & lack of life out here?" Fulmen asked as he took a step forward. "Anyway, let's keep traveling, I think we shouldn't be here any longer."

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Zavarix

Zavarix trudged through the gritty sand towards the settlement on the horizon, using the iron rail he'd found as a walking aid. He didn't need a walking aid of course, it just seemed like the most natural thing to do and he didn't want to abandon his 'weapon', not yet anyway. Another wave of panic washed over him, but he forced it from his mind. He had no clue as to how he'd ended up in this wasteland nor where he'd been before, but he couldn't dwell on what he did not know. The only thing that mattered right now was getting to the settlement.

At the very least the shapes he assumed to be buildings would provide shelter, but maybe, just maybe, they were home to some form of life in this waste. He just hoped they were friendly. Zavarix was confident that there would be someone living in those makeshift huts, that looked more and more unstable the closer he got. Afterall, he had already seen a few other Matoran heading the same way. He'd even wondered about calling out to them, but found he was unable, or perhaps that he did not want to...

It was hard to explain, he knew no reason why he should not speak, but just like the way he held himself, his movements and gestures, Zavarix knew that he could not speak. And it did not worry him at all. So he had remained silent and continued on his way, though he quickly realised that he would need some means of communication if he were to survive. It seemed as if he was in luck, however, as shortly afterwards he stumbled upon a small lump of chard wood. He had no clue how long it had been there nor where it had come from, just like himself, but it would serve his purpose. Though, despite this find, Zavarix could hardly say he was feeling lucky...

OOC: Zavarix open for interaction.

kIxt3.gif 0xeKp.gif  OFIDc.gif  RbAEL.gif

http://dragcave.net/user/Virid

Wasteland RPG Characters:

Zavarix | Keristary

"He's just doing what he thinks is right. Can't fault him for that."

Agonos turned slightly to his friend and shook his head. "The road to desolation is paved with good intentions. We should be giving these newcomers some water and send them packing!" He turned back to look on the small crowd. "We're not going to survive at this rate."

"Do you remember anything about this place besides all the sand & lack of life out here?"
"N-no."
She felt as if she did have a life before waking up here, with this place like this, but any memories she had were gone. She followed Fulmen as he began to walk away.
​​

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

"Send them packing where?" He replied, "We go out there every day, and find nothing."

"Do you remember anything about this place besides all the sand & lack of life out here?"

"N-no."

She felt as if she did have a life before waking up here, with this place like this, but any memories she had were gone. She followed Fulmen as he began to walk away.

OOC: Should we fast travel to Canus?

IC (As Fulmen - Travelling with Hekua):

"I don't know what happened to this place or what it was like before. I just remember that I woke up with sand in my mouth & an intense thirst for water." Said the matoran of lightning. 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

OOC: Yeah.

The Onu-Matoran stopped listening to Fulmen when she noticed something in the distance. "Wait, over there. You see that?"
She pointed at a group of rusty structures that could charitably be called "buildings."​

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

"Send them packing where?" He replied, "We go out there every day, and find nothing."

Agonos opened his mouth to retort but shut it. He was right. And Agonos just hated that feeling. "You," Agonos wagged a finger at Aurelius, "task me." He sighed and looked over the other Matoran. "But you're right. Great Beings above, I know you're right. Doesn't make me feel any better though."

IC (Fulmen - Near Canus):
"Yes, I see the structures. Thanks for spotting them, now we have a place to rest." The Vo-Matoran said as he changed course & began walking towards the village known as Canus. "Do you think there's anyone in that place?" He asked as the duo arrived at the entrance to Canus. 

"Hopefully."
As they got closer, it became clear the "village" (really, a rusted monument to the wasteland) was inhabited.
"Thank god--or whoever's up there. Let's hope they have water."​​

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Arid/Approaching Canus

I had returned from an unsuccessful scavenging trip in the Wastes, and had begun to make my return to Canus despite knowing that I could've spent another hour more or so. My cloak helped a little in protecting my head and my body. The sands kept pelting my legs, and I wished that I had invested some time in the hopes of finding some kind of cloth for boots.

And so I entered Canus, emptyhanded.

Zavarix approached the clutter of makeshift dwellings, but restrained himself from getting to close. He had know reason to believe the Matoran who lived there would welcome him with open arms, for all he knew they were the ones responsible for his ending up in the middle of the desert. There was a part of him that knew he was being paranoid, under normal circumstance he would never assume that someone had ill-intent without a valid reason. Then again, he couldn't actually remember meeting anyone before...

Maybe he was being paranoid, but perhaps it would be best if held back to see how things played out. As it happened, it seemed there were some other Matoran also heading towards the settlement. They didn't look like the locals, so he decided to watch their approach and see how the villagers reacted. As selfish as that was, Zavarix knew he couldn't really afford to worry about anyone asides from himself right now.

Zavarix | Keristary

IC: Krahno

Though the water was warm and gritty, I'd never felt so much relief in my life. At least, I think. I couldn't quite remember past about an hour ago.

As I took a mouthful, I noticed out of my periphery something walk up. I lowered the canteen from my mouth and saw that it was another matoran. Dessimus greeted him and halfheartedly said he looked 'capable'. The matoran introduced himself as Maru.

"This is Canus", Maru said, indicating the structure, which I now recognized as some sort of settlement. "Y'welcome to stay for now if y're peaceful."

I stopped myself from chuckling. If physical combat was frowned upon in Canus, that would be just fine with me. "You don't need to worry about me getting into fistfights." I assured him.

2xu8Ptu.png

IC Dessimus

"Fistfights?"

Dessimus' voice had gone slightly quieter, and was in a questioning tone, but it still seemed to thunder up from inside him. "Nobody's foolish enough to fight with their fists here."

"But, that aside," Dessimus quickly changed the subject. Whether that was for first appearances, the presence of Maru, or something else, was unknown. "We'll have to set up some more tents for you to stay at. After that I'm sure Maru, sir, would be glad to give you the rundown, as.. I have other things to attend to."

Retrieving the cantine, and a slight glare at Krahno upon finding it more that half empty, he offered it to Moega.

"Hopefully."

As they got closer, it became clear the "village" (really, a rusted monument to the wasteland) was inhabited.

"Thank god--or whoever's up there. Let's hope they have water."​​

IC (Fulmen - Canus):

"If there's matoran here, then there's got to be someone generous enough to hand out water for free." Said the matoran as he glanced at the other matoran going about their business. 

IC

Maru nodded at Krahno's reply. "Good. Th' desert's dang'rous enough by itself."

He reached for his canteen to begin offering water, like Dessimus, but movement beyond the little group caught his eye. Maru's stomach twisted with unease as he watched more strangers make their way across the sand. This wasn't right. Too many strangers.

It had started with one or two. Aurelius. Dessimus. Agonos. But here was a handful before him and more straggling in, with thirst in their eyes and sand in their mouths. To get enough scrap to barter for this much water, the whole village would have to venture out much farther into the Wastes, putting them all in greater danger. The proper thing to do would be to turn them away. Give them each a mouthful of water and send them north to the Tower, where they might beg for scant mercy. Why risk all their lives for strangers? 

But Nua had led the village for as long as Maru could remember. It was thanks to him that they had water at all. If he wanted to welcome these Matoran, then so be it.

"Lis'en up," he said to the group. "We don' have much, but you're w'lcome t' share our shelters for th' night. T'morrow, you can decide to stay or go. If you stay, you walk th' Wastes w' us. Work for water. But you're always free t' go and make your own way."

He found himself half-hoping that most of them would decide to strike out on their own, but nobody had taken the offer yet, and he didn't expect these ones to be the exception. The desert was unforgiving. One night would be enough to convince them of that.

"Any questions?"

IC Dessimus

"Oh, no..."

He glanced at the sky. Maru was right. Night was nearing, and preparations had to be made immediately before dusk hit. Then, an early morning, and off they were to go down into the wastes.

Mata Nui help those who decided to go out onto the desert sands alone...

Satisfied that the inhabitants of the settlement were peaceful, Zavarix finally finished his approach, unable to ignore his thirst any longer. Though his thirst was not the only thing that drove him forwards, night was approaching and the settlement was the closest source of shelter. As he passed between the small, cobbled together dwellings, Zavarix made his way towards the Matoran who, from his observations, seemed to be the one organising everyone. Maybe he knew why Zavarix had come to find himself in this harsh environment?

Zavarix | Keristary

IC Toku:

The soft scraping of sand on metal was a sound all too familiar to the villagers that resided in the ramshackle huts of Canus. but none were as familiar with it's gentle rasp than the scavengers who scoured the wastes for anything useful or worth trading. 

Toku was one such scavenger. When she'd arrived in this place, she'd been with only one thing, her trident. In her journey across the sands in search of civilisation , she'd managed to find a few scraps of metal and bone which she'd offered for shelter in Canus when she stumbled across it. The villagers had welcomed her with slightly more open arms for it. in the following weeks, she'd proven her worth as an excellent scavver, whether by luck or skill.

Even now, she pulled a particularly large piece of metal scrap behind her, on top of which were several smaller scraps and bits of glass, charred wood, tattered cloth, and bone.

Toku had learned the ways of the wastes quickly. though she chalked this up to perhaps her home from...before  this place.

grunting slightly from exertion, she continued dragging her haul into the village. The wastes had been bountiful for her today.

OOC: toku is OFI!

IC Mina - Canus:

Two weeks. It had been nearly two weeks since Mina's arrival to this desolate place. Like her fellow villagers, she came with naught but a name and the hope of finding some way out of this predicament -- unlike her fellows, however, she still held on to that hope. Give it a few more weeks, they seemed to say with their sad eyes, but she told herself she would endure... if not for herself, then for the other Matoran.

Her hut was little more than a glorified lean-to on the edge of the settlement: a large sheet of metal propped up on two posts with some sort of canvas serving as the opposite wall. Mina herself sat inside, trying to repair a tear in her satchel with a sliver of metal for a needle, half-listening to what little chatter there was outside. She rolled her eyes when she picked out Gapori's voice -- his was one of the more off-putting personalities -- but paused in her work when she heard mention of newcomers. No doubt Maru was seeing to them already. Curious, she put aside her satchel and walked outside, but remained by her hut and simply watched the little crowd that was beginning to form. Maru's not going to like that, she thought.

Some movement caught her eye just then, and she turned to see two more Matoran approaching from another direction. She glanced at the other group to see if they had noticed, and, seeing they hadn't, she ducked back into her hut to retrieve her canteen and a makeshift cup, then went out to meet the Vo- and Onu-Matoran. She waved to them, but didn't speak until she was closer so as to keep their appearance quiet for at least a few minutes. "You guys okay?" she asked.

OOC: That would be Fulmen and Hekua.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Torpaq - Near Canus

Annoyingly, these strangers seem to be ignoring me outright. Then again, it is understandable from those who appear so withered and faded, especially when hydration is on hand. I remind myself that it was no more than an hour ago when I was in a disturbingly similar situation. I wonder if their memories are too gone, and hypothesise from their worried and confused looks that this is the case.

Maru speaks to the newcomers and all who are present, and I listen. An ultimatum of sorts, although this matoran seems strangely level-headed for one who has braved the wastes for so long. Or perhaps that is precisely the reason why he is so. When he asks if any questions are apparent to us, I (as another who has only recently appeared in this place), speak quickly:

"Yes - you speak of work, but what would that, in reality, consist of?" I pause for a second, but continue before Maru can reply, my head tilted to one side in a quizzical manner: "From what I have seen, there is nothing here to farm, or to build save new shelters. What would you have us do, then? Scavenge in these wastes?" 

Though these words may sound harsh and rude to you, I make certain to deliver them in a purely curious, if rapid, tone. It is true that I owe Maru and the rest of Canus my life, and I am willing to both acknowledge and respect that fact.

Edited by The Silent King

Kathok

IC Dessimus

Rather infuriated at the slightly mocking tone which was addressed to one of the few people he truly believed to be his superior, Dessimus looked hard at the newcomer to the poor desert village. Although he didn't answer with words, his eyes read a clear message of reproach towards Torpaq.

He'd have to watch him from now on.

"You're right though, we're in an impossible situation," he finally conceded, "Sooner or later, this place isn't going to be able to support everyone who comes through..." 

She turned to Mina.
"Not particularly. We, uh, both seem to have just woke up. I'm Hekua, this is...is...F-Fulmen. That's his name."
Hekua noticed the canteen.
"...you have water?"​​​

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

"Um, I think so..." he replied hesitantly, "...yes."

Edited by The Old Master

Agonos nodded. "Then I have yours. You know how dire it is here. Barely enough go around." He removed his hand from Aurelius shoulder and rubbed his eye. "I'm surprised we've been civil this long and haven't killed each other yet. But now with all these strangers? And no increase in what little we have?" He turned to look at the group, a hard look in his eyes. "It won't be long before we're at each others' throats. I don't want to think about this, but we gotta...gotta be realistic."

"You're asking me to take sides," he sighed, "What are you planning?"

IC

A desert is a barren area of land where little precipitation occurs and consequently living conditions are hostile for plant and animal life. The lack of vegetation exposes the unprotected surface of the ground to the processes of denudation, yada yada yada.

A big old (literally, not figuratively) pile of sand. That's the gist of a desert, Yegg knew that well enough, so he figured that spending the time and brain power to think of waxing philosophically or poetically about such things was a waste of calories and water, stuff that his ever waning body and ever waxing thirst really needed. His eyes were tired and burnt out as well, the result of squinting at those buildings in the distance. The one's he'd been a walkin' towards since he woke up in this godforsaken desert. The precursor to this event wasn't important, just the present situation. Another group or two or three had been walking towards it as well, figures tall against the dull, flattish backdrop. Or maybe they were mirages, who cared. They were booking it and wasting energy, he, he was making his way to the settlement at his own pace, no point tiring himself out and dying near as such to what he hoped would be free and plentiful water and larders groaning with comestibles.

Little known fact, a hard working person and a bum looked about the same. Dusty and dirty and tired and usually a wantin' of potations and victuals. So his scruffy appearance didn't bother him, for all these people knew he might've been building orphanages and missions out there, right?

Suckers.

Hopefully.

Soon enough he was within speaking distance of the two new arrivals he'd soon enough learn to be named Krahno and Moega. Shuffling in just a little bit after the authoritative looking guys declared them free to stay and night and work (yikes) for the goods needed to live.

Clearing his throat to declare his presence behind the other, bigger matoran, he croaked out words like a dried up toad.

"Whats this place called, anyhow?"

...but close to it

IC Mina - Canus:

She gave Hekua and Fulmen an apologetic smile. "I'm afraid that's about all I can spare," she told them as she poured perhaps a bit more than a mouthful into the small cup. That she handed to Fulmen, then the canteen itself to Hekua. "I'm Mina, by the way. And this is Canus." She gestured to the ramshackle huts and shrugged. "Not much to look at, but it's home; at least for now."

OOC: Just a heads-up that I'll be out-of-town until tomorrow evening.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |