Eyru

IC: (Hekua)

​She gulped down the water.
​"Thank you," Hekua said. She looked around the village, and noticed that it was starting to get dark.
"Would it be possible for us to stay here for the night?"

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC (Fulmen - Canus):

"Do you know where to get more water or what can we do to earn more of that life-saving liquid?" He asked Mina & Hekua

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Zavarix

It was clear that the locals were busy trying to greet the other new arrivals. Water canteens sloshed from one Matoran to the next and with each new Matoran quenching their thirst, Zavarix saw increasing levels of fear and doubt in the local's eyes. Apparently water was in scarce supply. The water had yet to make its way to him, but he felt too guilty to ask, it was clear the locals were giving all they had.

A trio of Matoran caught his attention. They had one canteen between them and seemed to be discussing how to get more. Zavarix may not have been able to speak, but he was able to listen, so he slowed his pace and listened in, hoping to learn something of use.

kIxt3.gif 0xeKp.gif  OFIDc.gif  RbAEL.gif

http://dragcave.net/user/Virid

Wasteland RPG Characters:

Zavarix | Keristary

IC: Agonos

Agonos shook his head. "I'm not asking you to take sides. I don't want this town to fall apart, but I know it might come and I know you know that. I'm just saying, we need to be prepared for it. I just want my friend to understand." He said with a small smile.

IC: Aurelius - Canus.

Aurelius didn't like change. He'd grown used to his life here, harsh though it was. In some strange way, he kind of liked it.

But he couldn't deny reality. Though life in Canus was harsh now, it was only going to become harsher with every wayward soul who passed through.

"I know." He finally said.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Krahno

"Nobody's foolish enough to fight with their fists here." Jeez, I was beginning to wonder about this guy. I was about to inform him that my reply was an element of figurative language, but thought better of it. I didn't want to get on the bad side of someone so early on, especially not one that looked so strong and menacing. He had just given me water, I reminded myself. So I held my tongue.

To my relief, Maru nodded in agreement with me. "Good. Th' desert's dang'rous enough by itself." He then suggested that we start heading toward the shelters. I looked up at the sky. He was right, it was getting darker, even if there wasn't any visible son.

While the group exchanged remarks, I ran through the list of the matoran I had met in my first day here. Moega. My first acquaintance here in this wasteland. He seemed nice enough to me, and he'd responded in a positive way to the joke I'd made.

Dessimus. From the interactions I've had with him, he seems like the complete opposite of me, in physical appearance and personality. He had given me water, though, and I won't forget that easily. I won't let that be the only influence of my opinion of him, though.

Maru. Seemed to have the most sense in the party, but that's possibly because he seems to be the 'elder' here, the person who's 'seen it all' here in the wasteland.

Torpaq. He seems intelligent, if not a little too serious and outspoken (Right now he's addressing Maru in what I would call an accusatory way).

Gapori. The one who greet Dessimus as "Dessi". So far the only one that seems to have a decent sense of humor. Probably has the personality that matches mine the most.

Overall, about as good as I could hope for. I've sort of made a couple friends, which will probably be the most invaluable thing here in the wasteland.

Edited by Noice

2xu8Ptu.png

IC Dessimus

Peering through the crowd at Yegg, Dessimus was inclined to give a snort of disgust. "The town is called Canus." Upon noticing his figure, he continued. "And here we work for water."

As his face grew ever so slightly more earnest, he looked back to the assembled group. "It would be unfair if I didn't warn you now, though. These wastes which we search for scraps in are filled with some of the most vile monstrosities you would ever see- although no-one's seen one and made it back to give a definitive description. It is more than likely several of you will die within your first month of being here, and the wastes are definitely not the most dangerous area."

Dessimus' face set like flint again. "But, my canteen is dry, and I'm stealing Maru's show. So I'll be off in the town if anyone hungers for info." He turned and started trudging off, stopping abruptly and turning his head slightly. "And don't forget to hail the Blue Queen."

He continued, gritting his teeth as sand splashed against his knees.

"No, it's fine," he replied eventually, "You're right. Things can't stay this way forever." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Mina - Canus:

"Staying the night shouldn't be a problem," she answered Hekua with a hint of hesitation in her voice. "But regardless how long you stay, you'll both be expected to earn your keep."

The Av-Matoran glanced up at the darkening sky and gestured for her new charges to follow her deeper into the village. "I'll introduce you to Maru -- our deputy of sorts -- so we can arrange where you'll sleep tonight," she continued, then glanced over her shoulder at Fulmen. "As for water, well... there's only one spring in this entire place, and it's controlled by the Blue Queen. Basically, we go out into the Wastes, scavenge what we can, and exchange it with the Queen for water. We'll probably have to do that very soon, actually, considering how many new arrivals we've had lately..."

Mina turned and walked backwards for a moment so she could face Fulmen and Hekua with another apologetic smile. "Sorry, I know it's a lot to take in."

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC 

Maru nodded as Dessimus stalked off. "Aye. This is Canus," he said, confirming the answer to Yegg's question as he handed his half-full canteen to Zavarix. "And it's th' only safe place in th' desert that I know of.

"As f'r work," he continued, turning to acknowledge Torpaq. "We walk th' Wastes to th' west, searchin' for what scrap we can find. We trade it f'r water from th' Blue Queen. She lives north. Guards th' only spring in th' desert."

Beyond the group, Maru could make out the silhouettes of weary Matoran making their way back from the aforementioned Wastes. They wouldn't be eager to share their shelters and hard-earned water, but they would obey him. They always had. They trusted that Nua would lead them right.

Maru hoped their trust was well placed.

"Ira," he called to the nearest scavengers. "Maka. These newcom'rs need places t' stay. Help find 'em."

The two Matoran nodded. Both wore faded, scuffed armour that might once have been green, and they worked together to drag a net of scrap metal across the sand. They let their ropes drop and dusted off their hands.

"Between the three of us," Maru said. "We'll get you settled 'fore night."

OOC choose a Matoran to follow! Ira, Maka, or Maru will help you find some shelter - or you can ask another PC for help. Breaking up this big group will allow for easier interactions.

IC: Zavarix

Zavarix turned in surprise as a canteen was handed to him. He nodded in thanks and raised it to his mouth, which had become as dry as the desert he was in. So these people worked for water... guess I'll be doing that too, then, thought Zavarix. He listened as Maru called over two other Matoran to direct himself and the other newcomers to a place to spend the night. Deciding that his best bet was to just do as instructed for the time being, Zavarix decided to follow Ira.

Edited by Virid

kIxt3.gif 0xeKp.gif  OFIDc.gif  RbAEL.gif

http://dragcave.net/user/Virid

Wasteland RPG Characters:

Zavarix | Keristary

IC (Fulmen - Canus):

"Scavenging in the wastes with no water? It sounds extremely difficult, but it should be able to be done if there are Matoran still living here. Thank you again for donating some of your precious water & giving us helpful advice." Fulmen said to Mina with a smile.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Torpaq - Canus

I have a moment to realize that the wiry Le-matoran I observed earlier is, in turn, observing me. I give him another cursory glance, but nothing else of use springs to mind. Then Maru answers my question in an admirably straightforward way, something I am not used to with those in authority. I stop for a moment to wonder how I am able to say what I am used to or not, with all memory stripped from my mind. Something to dwell on another time, perhaps - for now there are many more things to consider.

Scavenging is as I had expected, with so little but awful, unflinching sand all around. And so I contemplate the Blue Queen, of whom I have heard information sparsely and sparingly. In the north she guards the source of life. But this raises as many questions as it is induced to answer: what interest would this Queen hold with simple scraps? And what gives her such dominion over this land's water? I dwell upon the possibility that I may be missing more than a few important facts here. And so this thought brings me back to reality, where Maru is inviting us to go with one of these veterans of the wasteland, or with himself.

A quick decision: while Ira and Maka doubtlessly have their own stories to tell, I am compelled to seek out the greatest well of knowledge. And especially here, where knowledge seems as precious and scarce as water, I must discover all I can. Therefore, I proceed to where Maru is standing resolutely. I look over to Gapori and the others, vaguely interested to see who they side with.

Edited by The Silent King

Kathok

IC-Revenant

The Rusted, Skeletal Revenant arrived in what appeared to be a small camp. Looking around, he didn't see anyone at first. "H...Hello?" He spoke in a harsh, raspy voice. "Is anyone theEE-" He immediately reeled over and coughed badly. His vocal cords must've been damaged before he woke up...

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

IC (Bolu):

From his vantage point on the dune, Bolu had been able to see most of the matoran newcomers enter the village.

Strange, he thought. Usually they come in just ones and twos, but this is a veritable horde. But what difference did that make to him? No one had ever been able to figure out where the new matoran came from. It was almost as if they emerged from the shifting dunes like the twisted metal that dotted the landscape. He had been one of those matoran, once. He knew how they must be feeling. They could use a friend.

Bolu turned to see the sun setting. Yesterday he had found several bits of metal in this dune, but today he had come up empty. He absentmindedly kicked the sand in a last-ditch attempt to turn up something worth trading. Nothing. With a sigh, he grabbed his pack and headed towards the village. He should be back just before the sun set.

Just in time to meet some of the newcomers. I'm sure some of them need a place to stay for the night.

OOC: Open for interaction!

If you wait until the last minute, then it only takes one minute. 

Flickr    BZPRPG   

IC Mina - Canus:

"Don't mention it," she replied cheerily.

They were just nearing the main group when everyone began breaking off to follow various veterans. Mina watched them for a moment, unsure if she should just go ahead and send her new companions off with the others. "Guess you can stick with me, if you want," she said, turning back to them. "I think I have some leftover stuff we can use for the night, but it's up to you guys. Maka and Ira are far more experienced than I, so feel free to go with whomever you wish."

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC (Fulmen - Canus):

"I don't even know what Maka & Ira look like, let alone know who they are." Fulmen replied. "I might not be good at fighting, but I can act as a scout & look out for you guys, if that's okay with you Mina."

Agonos rubbed his chin as he looked up at the setting sun. "Better get to bed. Or whatever you have planned for the evening." He turned, looked back out at the wastelands and sighed. "Now we're gonna have to work twice as hard if we want all of them to survive. And I'm already so tired."

Edited by FallenAtlas

"I'm sure we'll get by," he replied, trying to sound confident, "We always do." 

Agonos snorted, but left Aurelius' statement hanging in the air. "Goodnight Aurelius, I'll see you in the morning." He finally replied and with a bowed head Agonos walked away from the small alley to a small shack on the other side of town. Already, Agonos was going through his inventory of items he had to determine what he needed, what he could give away, and what would be a good weapon. He wasn't sure if Aurelius really believed things were going to get bad or if he was just agreeing to agree; either way, Agonos wasn't going to be unprepared when Canus fell into ruin and mayhem. The only question he found himself asking was, "When?"

IC Dessimus

Upon walking back into the pitiful town, as the sun hung a crack above the horizon, baking the incredibly grey sky with a beautiful splash of orange, two of the somewhat-veterans were discussing what appeared to be revolving around the new citizens. The one he knew not the name of walked off with an indifferent air after a slight bow. However, he had overheard the name of Aurelius on multiple occasion, yet had barely spoken.

"Aurelius," He paced up, the stub of his arm twitching in pain. "Be prepared to be asked to share your tent for the night. I do not know if Maru has enough supplies to hold everyone, and we've got quite the baker's dozen coming in."

"I'm sure he'll find room enough for everyone," he replied, uncertain why the vaguely familiar Matoran had singled him out. 

IC Dessimus

"We hope."

Smiling slightly at the confusion on Aurelius' face, he continued. "I know your name. Therefo-"

What. Who. Oh, the one called... Uh... What's her... Face.

"Incapable?" Dessimus asked with genuine curiosity in his voice, a slight frown on his face, and a fire in his eyes, as he moved to grab a corner of the metal.

"Ah, Toku," he turned towards the Po-Matoran, "I see you've had more success today than the rest of us."

___________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Elara - Canus. 

The Ko-Matoran sat up with a yawn, wiping the sleep from her eyes. Night was soon approaching, and once the sun was gone it would be time for her to venture out into the wastes. 

Getting to her feet, she began gathering her belongings in preparation to head out. 

IC

Nix sat cross-legged outside her shelter, her deft fingers twisting and turning as she mended an old net. She had mended this net more times than she could count; it was a useful piece of equipment for dragging scrap out of the Wastes, and therefore couldn't be thrown away. There was no such thing as trash in the desert. What could be found was used, and what was used would be repaired and repurposed until was worn back into the sand from whence it came.

The Matoran sighed and leaned her head to one side, cracking her neck, when a raspy voice startled her out of her seated position. She scrambled to her feet, hand moving to the rusty shiv hanging at her side as she looked around for the source of the voice.

"H...Hello? Is anyone theEE-"

The words broke off into a fit of coughing. Nix relaxed slightly; it must be another stranger. A newcomer from... somewhere. Standing up, she left her weapon where it was and reached for her canteen instead.

"Hello," she said to Revenant. "I ha-aave water."

IC

Maru nodded as Torpaq and Yegg joined him. "H'llo," he said in return.

IC

Ira raised a hand as Zavarix joined him.

"Welcome to Canus," he said. His voice was soft and thin, but friendly. "I'm Ira."

IC Mina:

She gave Hakua and Fulmen a small nod. "Alright, it's settled: you guys can bunk with me tonight, and tomorrow I'll help you gather some things to build shelters of your own. Follow me!"

Mina made her way back to her little hut and began removing the stakes that held down the canvas half of the structure. The canvas she pulled down a bit, then moved the edge further out to give her hut a typical tent shape, which would provide a little more room within. The majority of the now-expanded floor had been hollowed out somewhat to protect from the elements, and was just large enough for up to four Matoran to squeeze into, provided its owner removed a couple of things.

"I'll just be a moment," Mina said as she ducked inside to sort out her belongings. Her meager scrap collection and her weapon (things she didn't mind collecting sand) she put up on the 'shelf' that had been created when she expanded the hut. What little else remained was simply scooted to a corner of the hollow. "I have only one blanket, I'm afraid," she said apologetically from within the hut. "I have my cloak, though, so I'm fine if you two want to share the blanket."

A moment later she poked her head out. "Come on in!"

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC Toku:

"Hey, you try and drag this much across the wastes, Dessimus!" She said, with a hint of disdain. "You could at least pretend you're happy to see me bring back something...."

To Aurelius she offered a smile.

"Good to see you, Aurelius~ I take it the others didn't bring in much?"

"Nothing but more wanderers, by the looks of things," he gestured off towards the rapidly-dispersing group of newcomers, "Agonos thinks there aren't going to be enough resources to support everyone."

He sighed, "I think he might be right."

IC (Fulmen - Mina's House):

"Thanks for letting Hekua & I stay here for the night." Said Fulmen as he looked inside the house & then directed his gaze to the shelf. "Assuming that there's enough junk in the wasteland a single weapon, where can we go to make one?"

IC (Jasisu - Canus):

Jasisu had been traveling across the grey sand, looking forward with her empty canteen in her good right hand. *Where am I... What happened to me & my hand? Whatever it is, it's a mystery worth solving.* the Matoran of magnetism kept on walking north, trusting her internal compass to guide her to Canus. When she had arrived in the rundown village, the Fa-Matoran began looking around at the two dozen or so Matoran living here. Jasisu walked further into town until she could see a group of Matoran in front of Maru, Maka & Ira. She made her path towards the trio & stood next to Zavarix. "Hi there, my name's Jasisu, can you tell me what's the news in town?" She asked politely.

IC: Torpaq - Near Canus

And so it is decided that I shall traverse back to Canus alongside this place's leader, Maru. I remark internally that 'traverse' may hardly be the word: the distance betwixt where I now stand and the village is so minute when compared to the vast desert, that it should seem unworthy of attention. I glance at the Sun, whose presence is pallid and dim, and gradually faltering as it falls. Soon darkness will engulf this dead land, although I cannot imagine how even darkness could make these wastes more still or lifeless, or more like a sepulchre inexplicably open to the sky.

As we begin to trudge a path I so recently walked - for but an hour must have completed itself since that moment - I scan my accomplice. He too chose to stride alongside Maru, though like me his reasons were not voiced. He utters a 'hullo' unto me, to which I reply "Greetings." quickly and efficiently. I pause for a second, taking but a fraction of that time to assess this newcomer. He appears worn and scruffy, but that is far from unusual here. However, his certain style of tattered tiredness holds something more than the simple entropic effect of the wastes: he seems calloused, and worn not from the sands but from work. To me this implies that he may be diligent, or perhaps simply too nonintellectual to perform anything other than physical labour.

I ask him his name, but I am preoccupied. As I stare across the sands, with their steadily obfuscating shadows, I see a figure moving at a course that may very well intersect ours. He too seems to be heading for Canus, and I point him out to Maru before the matoran beside me can even answer my question.

OOC: That's Bolu he's seeing, btw 

Edited by The Silent King

Kathok

IC (Bolu):

The winds picked up in speed as Bolu approached Canus. Through the whipping sand, he saw the dark mass of matoran following Maru back to the settlement. He had first spotted them about a half kio back, and now their paths were merging. A brief nod to Maru, and Bolu overlooked the assembled newcomers. One in particular grabbed his attention, if only because the newcomer's attention was centered on Bolu. The matoran appeared average in every respect. But average was good. Falling in beside the curious newcomer, Bolu extended his hand and said, "The name's Bolu. I take it you're new around here?" A small chuckle. "All kidding aside, you need shelter for the night, yes?"

OOC: To you, Torpaq.

Edited by Junior Shark

If you wait until the last minute, then it only takes one minute. 

Flickr    BZPRPG   

IC

Names were a valuable commodity in his slightly paranoid (only to a healthy degree, of course) worldview. For this reason he had a lot of nicknames, some of which he still remembered.

"I uhm... Don't really recall, people have called me Patches for 'slong as I can remember though. How about you?"

Oh, the completely average matoran was ignoring him in favor of another new face, a Bolu.

...but close to it