Eyru

IC Mina:

"Eh, anywhere, really," Mina replied as she moved to the back of the hut. "Some areas are more barren than others, but there are a few spots that seem to have a decent amount of stuff; at least for now."

She readjusted the knee-high piece of metal that served as the third wall and sat down with her back against it. The blanket she had spoken of sat folded next to her, and she moved it towards her guests. It was thin, and not the most comfortable thing, but it was just large enough for a Toa, and every patch had been meticulously stitched. Mina added to it whenever she found new pieces of cloth on her trips to the Wastes, but was beginning to think that she should start a new one before this one became too unwieldy.

"But yeah, we can look for weapon materials," she continued. "I would focus on finding stuff for your huts, though. Oh! and definitely grab anything nice-looking to trade for water."

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Gapori

"Yes Bo, we definitely do." I cut in, joining up with the crowd. "It's not like Paq and I haven't been living here for the past few weeks or anything." I roll my eyes. "Don't act like you don't know us. We saw you at yesterday's cookout."

I look over at the newcomer and put my arm around his shoulder, lightly poking him in the chest. 

"This guy, though, he's a green bean. Patches, right? Yeah, why don't you give him some shelter instead. Paq and I already have our own holes to die in."

OOC: That's Bolu he's talking to

Edited by Burgerpants

IC Dessimus

"Then we will have to put more time into the wastes," Dessimus said, ignoring Toku's return chaff as he gripped one side of the metal with his organic hand. "And we can only hope that they are capable enough to do so. You know the rate that we lose people around here. I do not enjoy mulling over the factors, but I suspect a large portion of our newcomers will- be dead in a week."

The slight pause had Dessimus actually choking over his emotions, although he immediately reverted to stone afterwards.

OOC: Actually, it looks like Torpaq has barely been here longer than most of these newcomers. But I might be mistaken, his first post is a bit ambiguous.

IC (Bolu): Oh. Gapori. Bolu blinked his eyes. If there was one thing worse than the desert, it was this Ce-Matoran. Okay, he wasn't that bad. But it's hard to like a guy who beat you at Rock, Paper, Scissors twenty-six times in a row. And this average-looking matoran- did Bolu actually know him? Maybe I spent too much time out on that dune today.

"Gapori, I'll take in or help as many of these newcomers that I can. Patches, you're more than welcome to come with me. You, too.... you know, I never did catch your name..."

OOC: Back to Torpaq.

Edited by Junior Shark

If you wait until the last minute, then it only takes one minute. 

Flickr    BZPRPG   

IC- Revenant (Canus, Interacting with Nix)

Another being approached him, offering water. The Revenant held out both his hands, eager to accept it, no matter what it cost. he would gladly sell one of his arms to pay for some hydration at the moment...

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

OOC: wait for meeeeeeee

IC: Torpaq - Near Canus

I have time to reply with a quick "Privileged to meet you, Patches,", roll the name around my head for a second, and add an "I am named Torpaq, for your future reference." before the one who had seconds ago seemed far away is walking alongside us. I shake the hand he extends towards me with practiced ease and open my mouth to reply to his question when Gapori, whose presence I had previously unsuspected, intercedes with a rapid succession of lies. Or perhaps it is simply the case that the Sun or the wastes or both have caused his brain to malfunction.

Either way, I listen to this stranger - whose name is Bolu, and who appears friendly in a perhaps overly naive way - and nod, and say that the name I can remember is Torpaq, although - and here I place a chuckle - I have no way of knowing if that truly is my name. I take the conversation in my stride, as I have done for all so far - this form of communication appears most interesting to me, and my quick and decisive manner appears both useful and fitting in such situations.

"Both me and, I'm sure, my new acquaintance," - and here I make reference to Patches - "Would be very grateful for any shelter you or Gapori could offer." I pause for a moment as we walk, exchanging a jovial glance with the aforementioned Ce-Matoran. "Contrary to Gapori's belief," - and here my tone implies that I believe Gapori was saying such things as a joke only - "I have been here no fewer minutes than seventy, and am still becoming accustomed to this world." Another pause as I catch my breath. "Therefore, any help you could provide with our integration would make us eternally indebted to you," I finish with a gracious voice.

Edited by The Silent King

Kathok

OOC: Whoops, slight misunderstanding on my part then

IC: Gapori

"So eloquent, so polite, so precise!" I chuckle, unaware of the subtle mania in my voice. "No need to be so stiff, Paq. If there's one thing this village needs, it's to loosen up a little. Everyone's so busy scavenging and rotting that I haven't heard a single good joke since I got here."

I undrape my arm from Patches' shoulders, but not before handing him my canteen.

"I've already got a roommate so I can only take about two of you. Any more than that, and we'll have an overly intimate slumber party on our hands."

IC (Bolu):

"Gapori, for shame!" Bolu chuckled and put a hand on the Ce-Matoran's shoulder. "You yourself said this village needs to loosen up, no? How better to achieve that than with a slumber party?" Smiling, Bolu turned towards Patches and Torpaq. "Though Gapori here already has company, I currently share my space with no one. This means I have room to shelter one or both of you in relative comfort, if you so desire."

If you wait until the last minute, then it only takes one minute. 

Flickr    BZPRPG   

IC: Aurelius - Canus.

"I... what?" He frowned at the bizarre Matoran. Was that some kind of joke? Exaggeration? A threat? "Don't make talk like that around the new arrivals," he finally warned, "It's dangerous. For everyone involved."

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC

This guy stood out like a sore thumb, like really stood out. Maybe he never heard good jokes because he spooked everybody and they buggered off without talking with him. Or maybe he was just socially over analytical and panicked and started blabbering in a misguided attempt to be liked or something, he didn't know and didn't really care. Though the fact that he'd offered him water was nice, he supposed.

Might be he should try and act friendly and see how that played out. Might be he'd share one of his top secret, wholly original jokes or quips for this joke deprived Ce-Matoran.

"So why'd they build a wall around the graveyard?" He asked invitingly.

...but close to it

IC: Skoll

Slowly approaching the shantytown, another Matoran paused from dragging several long pipe-looking objects behind him, noticing the presence of many others nearby. Hmm, a few faces he'd seen before, and more newcomers like him. He didn't know their stories, but he could take a guess. Everyone's was the same, after all. Even though he had been here for only a few short days, he had quickly become used to life here. Looking up, he frowned. It was later than he had planned to get back. Shaking his head, he resumed hauling the metal to the small town.

He subconsciously tuned into the conversations going on as he drew nearer.

(Open for interaction at last.)

Edited by Urchin

BZPRPG:

Vergissmeinnicht

Active Characters

Inactive Characters

Mercure

Gida

Zel'Sai - Naberius

Skoll

Brickshelf

IC Dessimus

"I'm sorry. I forgot sprinkling sugar on everything was the custom around here." Dessimus responded as bland as sand. "I don't like it anymore than you do, you know that by now. But the graves keep appearing, and our numbers dwindle as soon as they rise. As for who's left, I'd wager it's a blessing they get to live, no matter how bad things get."

"What is..." he paused a moment to make sure he had the pronunciation right, "...sugar?"

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC (Fulmen - Mina's House):

"Well, I'm the least experienced out of the three of us, so I think I should start learning how to fend for myself."

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Zavarix - Canus

Zavarix watched as a female Fa-Matoran, who was missing her left hand, made her way over to him and the others.

"Hi there, my name's Jasisu, can you tell me what's the news in town?" She asked politely.

Zavarix thought for a moment about how he would manage a response. After all, the only thing he had to write on was himself. A few seconds later, he had an idea. Using his iron rail, Zavarix drew his response in the sand at their feet: Maru, Ira and Maka organising accommodation for newcomers. Did you wake in the desert to?

OOC: sorry for the slow response.

kIxt3.gif 0xeKp.gif  OFIDc.gif  RbAEL.gif

http://dragcave.net/user/Virid

Wasteland RPG Characters:

Zavarix | Keristary

IC

Nix looked on with a somewhat worried expression as Revenant eagerly gulped down some of her water. She didn't want to be uninviting (Maru and Nua were insistent on welcoming strangers), but that was her water, and she couldn't afford for this thirsty stranger to drink all of it.

"So-oo," she said, hoping to interrupt the newcomer from his drinking. " Wha-aat is your name?"

IC

Maru continued to lead the group into Canus proper. It was good to see that some of the strangers were already pairing off with those who had shelter. No hard feelings yet. Good.

IC

Ira nodded in greeting as Jasisu joined him and Zavarix. "Do you need shelter?" he asked quietly.

IC-Revenant

As the skeletal being was drinking, the stranger interrupted him, asking for a name.

...What Was his name, anyway? he didn't remember anything from before he woke up in the desert in this skeletal form. he paused for a moment, trying to come up with a term that would describe him... and then, almost if it were natural, he chose...

"...Revenant." He said. Surprisingly, after the refreshing drink of water, his voice was still rather hoarse and rough. maybe there was something wrong with his throat...?

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

"No. Should I?" He replied flatly, "Is it another word for sand, or something?" That was the only thing he could think of that was regularly sprinkled over everything in Canus.

OOC: Don't worry, we all get busy at times or forget to post.

IC (Jasisu - Canus):

The Fa-Matoran spoke to Zavarix after reading his writing. "Yes. I woke up in the desert with an empty canteen. Now, let's try to get some water & shelter, we're going to need it." Jasisu looked away to face Ira. "Could you please help this Matoran & I find some shelter?" She asked.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC Dessimus

"No... I guess you shouldn't, then."

Sighing almost indistinguishably, Dessimus turned his attention to Toku. "As it is, the mad- the blue queen might become suspicious of this sudden increase as well, and... Well, she isn't called the mad queen because of her temper."

Zavarix wondered what all this meant. If only one Matoran had woken with no memory, he could probably have believed it was some kind of accident, even if he was the one who'd lost his memory. But this many? Zavarix had not been in Canus long, but during that time a steady stream of Matoran had come trickling in, all as clueless as him. His brief conversation with Jasisu had confirmed that all the newcomers were in the same situation, not that he'd really doubted that before.

But these were thoughts for another day, right now all he needed to worry about was finding shelter. The Matoran of this village seemed as unnerved by the situation as he was, so he could probably trust them. Till morning at least... So Zavarix waited to see where Ira would lead them. 

Zavarix | Keristary

IC: Torpaq - Near Canus

I find it most fascinating listening to the conversations of others, as it tends to reveal a startling amount about the nature of the speakers. Gapori seems to talk as impulsively as he acts, each word blurted out as if it is attempting to overtake its predecessor. Bolu is equally enthusiastic, but his manner appears good-natured, and quite possibly as a result of it, naive. A good attitude to hold in a place completely unlike this wasteland - here, too much kindness may indeed kill. And this Patches seems quite unlike the other two. But his tone appears somehow knowing, as if he sees something others have no clue of. If this is the case, I would class him as a useful ally. Bolu, on the other hand, would merely be a useful friend.

And so I speak unto the one named as Patches, in reply to his apparent set-up to a jest, so that perhaps I may learn more of his character: "Why did they, then?"

Edited by The Silent King

Kathok

IC Dessimus

Dessimus shrugged, turning away slightly. "And the time slips by faster than the sands..."

His eyes shot open wider, and he looked towards the sky. "My error, it's almost nighttime. Let's get these materials to your tent and get under before any sort of storm hits."

IC

"Yes," Ira said. "Follow me."

Jasisu and Zavarix following close behind, the Matoran led them through the little settlement, stopping before a pair of shelters. One was mostly canvas, the other mostly metal. Neither looked particularly inviting.

"Here," Ira said, pointing to the canvas shelter. "This is mine. You can stay tonight."

He pulled a piece of of fabric to the side, exposing the interior. The shelter was built of canvas strapped to thin metal poles, suspended over a hole dug in the ground. They would all fit... probably.

"The sun's going down," the Matoran said. "Get in. There are worse things than sandstorms out at night."

IC

Maru turned to Bolu and Gapori. "You'll take these ones in?" he asked, pointing to Torpaq and Yegg.

"He's right," he said, picking up his own haul and slinging it back over his shoulder, "Good speaking with you, Toku." Without a further word, he set off deeper into the village, towards his shanty. 

IC: Elara - Canus.

While everyone else was preparing to settle in for the night, Elara was getting ready to do pretty much the exact opposite. Tucking the last of her meagre belongings into her belt, she snatched up her spear and stepped out of the tent, into the dimming afternoon light. 

IC: Agonos

Agonos' shack was little more than four rusty walls, a roof with more holes than he liked, and just enough room for him to lay down and get some sleep on a sandy bed he dug for himself. It was rough, but it was home. He was actually thankful he didn't build a bigger shack; he heard that other Matoran were sharing their shacks for the newcomers. "Barely here and they want to leech off everybody. Figures." He muttered as he rolled over.

IC: Skoll

No one having bothered him on his way back, the Su-Matoran reached what seemed to be a stack of sheet metal and other various lengths of material, placed next to a hill of sand. It was nowhere near done, but every day it grew better... if one could call it a decent dwelling in the first place. Heaving up one pipe to the top, he wrestled it into a position that may not have been as secure as he would've liked. He couldn't complain though, it was darkening, and he had a hole in his roof. He hadn't ever actually seen the outside at night, and something told him he didn't want to, from what the whispered rumors said.

Placing the last piece over the hole, it was left covered, if unstable. Ducking inside, he replaced the heavy sheet of metallic material over the door hole. No one seemed to be in need of sharing his shelter, so he doubted he would be disturbed. It was time to stay hidden and try to sleep the chill desert night away. Morning would come soon enough...

BZPRPG:

Vergissmeinnicht

Active Characters

Inactive Characters

Mercure

Gida

Zel'Sai - Naberius

Skoll

Brickshelf

IC

Ira reflexively clapped a hand to his chest, then pushed his palm outward in a sort of "warding-off-evil" gesture. "Ghosts," he murmured. "Shadows. Nightmares. All three and more."

He followed the other Matoran into the shelter and pulled the canvas flap back into place.

"The Ak'shii," he said quietly. "Servants of the Darkness. No one's ever seen one and lived."

• Upvote 1

Ak'shii... that name sounded familiar, but Zavarix had no idea where he'd heard it before, if he ever had. The harder he tried to remember, the further the memories slipped from his reach. He sat with Ira and Jasisu in the cramped space of the shelter, trying to make himself comfortable without taking up too much room.

Edited by Virid

Zavarix | Keristary