Set Review: 75114 - First Order Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper Teaser Image

It's May the Fourth (Be With You), so what better way to celebrate than by having another BZPower set review of a Star Wars Buildable Figure. Today, BZPower Reporter Xccj takes a look at 75114: First Order Stormtrooper. Is this set right on target, or did it completely miss the mark? Read on and watch the video review to see for yourself.

View the full article

I really don't think a "basic design" is a con. The real question that should be asked is what did they set out to do? Well, they set out to make a Stormtrooper using CCBS parts. Did they accomplish that? They did indeed. It doesn't matter how "basic" it is, it does it's job, and does it about as good as could be done at its price range. The rest of the review was fine, but that's my constructive criticism on the matter. 

Complexity does not a good action figure make. It should only be as complex as needed to convey the overall look and aesthetic of what it's trying to emulate. Being complex for complexity's sake often ends up in a mess.

Edited by Tarvaxx

Part of me wants to pick this guy up at some point solely for the blaster piece. I love the way the Titanium Metallic one I have from Finn works, and it'd be nice to have one in Black as well.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

This looks to be a decent enough set. No, it's not the most exciting one when compared to some of the others IMO, but it still has some good pieces on it. And it looks really cool too. I kind of wish it did officially have the baton weapon though, as I imagine TR-8R wouldn't have been the only Stormtrooper to carry one into battle.

Anyways, thanks for the review!

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png