Set Review: 71012 Disney Collectible Minifigures

71012_Disney_Minifigures_Review_teaser.j

Today we're bringing you another set review! BZPower Forum Assistant Nuju Metru is taking a look at 71012 Disney Collectible Minifigures, the latest lineup in the collectible minifig series and the first based on Disney. There are eighteen figures to collect, spanning decades of animated films, both Disney and Pixar. Which are the ones you need to feel for, and which should be left in the box? Read on to find out!

View the full article

These minifigures are really good. I mean, really good. Some of them sport some very unique and recognizable facial features that complete them and complement their animated counterparts. I'll have to see if I can get my hands on Stitch. I love me some Stitch.

Kudos on the Dragon Ball Z reference, by the way. Syndrome's hair resembles that of Vegeta, a main character of that series.

• Upvote 1

mindeth the cobwebs

Good review!

One correction: Ariel's hair in the Disney Princess sets is not an "appropriated Friends recolor". It was designed specifically for her, and it was over a year before it was used again on Livi from LEGO Friends. So it's surprising to me that LEGO designed yet another new hair piece for her appearance in this series. Maybe they decided the silhouette of the Friends hair piece over the classic minifigures' much chunkier shoulders didn't look quite right for the character, maybe they thought the "glitzed up" look of the Disney Princess version of Ariel wasn't appropriate to a figure based on her original animated appearance, or maybe they just figured a different hair piece was justified here because this one is specifically for her underwater look while the Disney Princess version has to do double-duty as the "mermaid" and "human" versions of the character. The new hair piece is not bad but I'm surprised LEGO considered it necessary/worthwhile.

The duck tail piece may be specialized, but I've already seen several people on Facebook repurpose it as an upgrade for their Series 9 Chicken Suit Guy!

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 1

I wish we had an official Goofy minifigure instead of the Little Green Man.

I wish they'd done an updated Woody instead. Personally, I think there's much more appeal to a main character who needs to be updated with a regular minifigure head to fit in with the new Buzz than there is for an unnamed side character...

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I agree, but I think Lego held off for a good reason. The Woody figure we got a few years back had those excellent extra-long minifig legs that so perfectly captured the character. I'm willing to bet Lego doesn't want to use that mold again, as I haven't seen it since. Woody just wouldn't look right to me in standard size.

MVT Lego Space Galactic Cruiser

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/593592ef-5da6-4a2a-9422-a17e0f8438ea

Please help and support this project! Your contribution is greatly appreciated. 

Alice's other prop caused the opposite effect of the bottle.

Huh... It makes you wonder if lego's stooping so low because they're oblivious, or if they're secretly part of the illuminati...

You mean by making Disney characters? I hate to tell you, but LEGO started making Disney-themed products over half a century ago.

I don't think I knew about that one.

I am intrigued by some of the minifigs and plan to get them at some point. I was kind of expecting the how-to on identifying packages.

©1984-2016 Toaraga EAM

COT Official Topics | Trade References | COT RPG Guidelines | Truth | A Naming Day Carol | Stars Review The trouble with the status quo is that it keeps changing."College dropout, Shego: they let me in; I let myself out." -Dr. Drakken No great feat was ever accomplished by those who gave into fear or caved under pressure. Earthquakes in many places.|| Busy with life

This is a really cool set of minifigs. I wouldn't mind getting some of these, especially since I like nearly all the Disney movies that at least one of these characters appeared in. 

Thanks for the review!

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to procure a Stitch minifigure, and the only thing I don't like about him is the short leg pieces mean you can't really pose him, so it loses a bit of character in the design, if you know what I mean. I was trying to pose him a certain way when I realized it. It's a wonderful likeness of the character, but since only move his arms and head can move, it's a bit of an annoying limitation.

©1984-2016 Toaraga EAM

COT Official Topics | Trade References | COT RPG Guidelines | Truth | A Naming Day Carol | Stars Review The trouble with the status quo is that it keeps changing."College dropout, Shego: they let me in; I let myself out." -Dr. Drakken No great feat was ever accomplished by those who gave into fear or caved under pressure. Earthquakes in many places.|| Busy with life

I was able to procure a Stitch minifigure, and the only thing I don't like about him is the short leg pieces mean you can't really pose him, so it loses a bit of character in the design, if you know what I mean. I was trying to pose him a certain way when I realized it. It's a wonderful likeness of the character, but since only move his arms and head can move, it's a bit of an annoying limitation.

©1984-2016 Toaraga EAM

My biggest disappointment with Stitch is the lack of any sort of accessories—he's quite literally a three-piece fig, with just the head, torso, and legs. It would've been nice if he'd had, say, a printed tile with Lilo's drawing of his "badness level" or something else along those lines.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Thanks for the review.

I picked up some of the princess characters (Ursula, Ariel, Maleficent) for my daughter and after looking at them I had to go back and get some for myself.  Using some of the feel guides I managed to get Peter Pan, Captain Hook and Syndrome.  I'm amazed at the hair piece for Captain Hook.  It's huge!  Hoping to find Donald, Daisy, Mickey & Minnie to go with the upcoming rumored Disney castle.

I'd love to see the Horned King (Black Cauldron) as a mini figure in a second series, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

• 2 weeks later...
My biggest disappointment with Stitch is the lack of any sort of accessories—he's quite literally a three-piece fig, with just the head, torso, and legs. It would've been nice if he'd had, say, a printed tile with Lilo's drawing of his "badness level" or something else along those lines.

A mini version of Lilo's doll might have made an excellent accessory.

©1984-2016 Toaraga EAM