BZP'S GAME OF THRONES

Voltex

Bah, you know what, let's do this thing. Sign me up as a Stone Protector!

(I'm guessing based on the description that they're supposed to be a Baratheon/Stark/Lannister analog in BZP GoT?)

tumblr_nqf48uh9bw1ql4nt1o2_500.jpg
tumblr_nqf48uh9bw1ql4nt1o1_500.jpg

Bah, you know what, let's do this thing. Sign me up as a Stone Protector!

(I'm guessing based on the description that they're supposed to be a Baratheon/Stark/Lannister analog in BZP GoT?)

I didn't go out of my way to have any direct analogues, although Stone is closer than most, since the Mask Breaker essentially fills the role of Jaime Lannister.

Also, you are added!

I'll be a protector of fire, I guess.

Now to make sense of this game, as I have no knowledge of Game of Thrones.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Sounds dope. What's the goal though?

Should I count this as you signing up?

I'm still not super clear on the mechanics just yet. You mentioned trade and material? How all does that factor in?

Sounds basically like Crusader Kings II. In that game the main goal is to keep your family alive and keep inherited land titles by any means necessary, including military might (outright conquest, or forcefully taking hostage of enemy family member to do what you want) and secretive intrigue (forging documents, assassinations, manipulations). I try to be moral, but some players don't care and can go to dark, twisted places in order to retain and gain power (though to be fair, I've chopped off many a pair in order to keep my place and peace).

Edited by Iaredios the Hip Historian

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

This should be really interesting. Sign me up for a Protector of Fire, then, please.

Sits here waiting for the 6th ASOIAF book to come out.

I'll be a protector of fire, I guess.

Now to make sense of this game, as I have no knowledge of Game of Thrones.

May I join the region of Fire?

Earth protector I shall be.

All four of you are added!

The Regions of Fire and Jungle are now full!

E: Only 10 spots left!

Edited by Lucina

Protector of Stone please!

I'm a little confused about trading: is it just, "I will/won't trade with this region"? If so, how many regions do you need to be trading with before the countdown-to-collapse begins? I will probably have a several follow-up questions.

Added in!

Trading is essentially that, yes.

So, if the Region of Water decides to stop trading with the Region of Stone, could we get water from a region that is friendly with the RoW?

For this game I'm gonna say no for now. If it goes well enough to prompt a sequel, I intend to expand upon trading then.

I might go back on this though. There's probably a simple way to make it work.

You mentioned being able to kill people, but how does that work? How would you carry out that action?

Also, what happens when you run out of a resource?

What purpose do the masks serve?

Are wars possible?

If Region A is one round away from running out of Region B's resources and Region B begins trading with Region A again, does it take two rounds for Region A to restock?

You mentioned being able to kill people, but how does that work? How would you carry out that action?

Are wars possible?

If Region A is one round away from running out of Region B's resources and Region B begins trading with Region A again, does it take two rounds for Region A to restock?

1- you send me a pm, like I said on the first post.

2- individual resources don't have much impact; your region will only suffer if it stops receiving all of the others. The masks are there as trophies of a sort.

3- wars technically aren't possible since there aren't that many people. Open warfare is probably a good way to have other regions team up on you though.

4- no

Are wars possible?

1- you send me a pm, like I said on the first post.

2- individual resources don't have much impact; your region will only suffer if it stops receiving all of the others. The masks are there as trophies of a sort.

3- wars technically aren't possible since there aren't that many people. Open warfare is probably a good way to have other regions team up on you though.

4- no

Cool, I think that's all the questions I have. Thanks!

*Quietly sits at his computer, softly humming the GoT theme song and waiting for more victims volunteers to present themselves.*

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Man has it been forever since I've been on this site. :P

I'll take the last Protector of Ice slot.

This sounds pretty cool.

I shall become a Water Protector, and protect the most vital of liquids!

Both added!

If we can get one more person, I'll remove the Earth region and merge its players with the Stone region, as well as make the necessary adjustments before the game begins. :)

I'll go ahead and be a stone protector also don't forget to thank terrasaur for some help advertising he straight up asked everyone in the rant square which is a pm if they could join this

hello.png_thumb.jpg

HEY GUYS WELCOME BACK TO ANOTHER NIGHT OF 

MINECRAFT...... GARRY;S MOD... CIVILIZATION... JUST CAUSE....... STRANDED DEEP.... SUBNAUTIC.... CALL OF DUT...... DESTINY THE TAKEN..... HAL....... H1Z..... FIVE NIGHTS AT FRE.... DYING LIG... HANGOVERS AND VIDEOGAMES

"The Tale Of A Murderer's Brother" "The Civil War"

Quote Of The Random Time I Feel Like Changing It:

"What Is Dead May Never Die"

~ Old ZexyZek

Just Now

"I COULD LIVE IF I DON'T DIE" - MITHZAN 2015

I'll go ahead and be a stone protector also don't forget to thank terrasaur for some help advertising he straight up asked everyone in the rant square which is a pm if they could join this

thanks! you're in!

e: once the changes are made, I'll start sending out the regional PMs!

Edited by Lucina

ALL PMS HAVE BEEN SENT OUT!

(Well, all the PMs that can be sent out right now).

As of this moment, we have begun Episode Zero: The Chosen Ones!

-The Mask Maker will choose their five Council Members (one from each region).

-After this, each region can select their Ruler, Diplomat, and Trader from the remaining three.

-Certain other specific roles will also be handed out at this time.

Let the game of thrones begin!

Good luck everyone. Let's have fun with this game! :)

Edit: Quick question, and sorry if this has already been answered. But how long will each episode be? I didn't see anything in the first post that stated the length of time that each episode contained. 

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

What power does each role have?

Check the first post for a general synopsis of how roles work. But keep in mind that they aren't anywhere near as restrictive as the roles in Mafia. How this game plays out is very dependent on each individual player and how they decide to approach the game.

The Council Members have decided! Each region must now determine their Ruler, Diplomat, and Trader.

EPISODE ZERO

“THE CHOSEN ONES”

-IN THE ANCIENT CITY-

The Mask Maker paused at his forge, having completed his work on his latest creation… or rather, his seventeenth attempt at it.

The lower half of the legendary Mask of Time.

With trembling fingers, he reached up and removed his own plain gold mask, before gingerly picking up the freshly forged creation and placing it on his face. Concentrating on the mask, he fought with it, bending it to his will –

- until a crack split through the air, the mask snapping in half. Both pieces fell to the stone floor of the forge, shattering on impact. He frowned, silently seething with frustration as he replaced his own mask back on his face and grabbing his hammer. His eyes flicked to the corner of the large room, where one of his Skull Warriors stood watch. He tilted his head towards the exit and the Skull Warrior shifted into motion, following him out of the room.

The pair walked in silence for many minutes, until they reached the Council Chambers. The Council Chambers were built of sand brown stone, and inside, six banners hung along the northern wall. Red for fire, green for jungle, blue for water, gold for the ancient city, white for ice, brown for stone, and then an empty space – one that had, twenty years ago, been occupied by a purple banner for earth.

Memories of the rebellion that had placed him upon the throne flashed through the Mask Maker’s mind, and he smiled as he entered the chambers. The five Protectors seated at the round table all stood as he joined them, before sitting at his signal.

“Let’s get this on with then,” the Mask Maker said. “What news of the regions?”

Ghidora, the Stone Council Member, spoke first. “My Lord Mask Maker, the Stone Region remains as strong as ever. Their faith in you is absolute, this I can promise you.”

“Good,” the Mask Maker replied, nodding his approval as his gaze drifted over to RG. “What of the Fire Region?”

The Fire Council Member’s answer was more hesitant. “The Fire Region remains… in a bit of a state of flux, Lord Voxumo. Some continue to wonder what Commander Burnmad did to earn your ire. Others… less so.”

“As long as Burnmad knows his place,” the Mask Maker growled, his eyes now trained on ToaD. “Tell me about the Ice Region, ToaD. What have they been up to?”

“The Ice Region recently underwent significant structural changes,” ToaD replied, shrugging indifferently. “What you’ll all make of it, I don’t know. But Nato recently replaced our old Diplomat, and FF – sorry, Commander FF – now watches over the region.”

“What prompted such… drastic changes?” RG asked, curious despite himself.

ToaD shrugged, still looking at the Mask Maker. “I wish I knew. Perhaps I might be able to learn of these reasons and share them with you, my Lord Mask Maker?”

“Do so,” the Mask Maker commanded. “And what of the Water Region? Jed?”

“They remain as secretive as ever,” Jed replied. “The others have shared little with me as of late, but it has been that way since before the death of the last Mask Maker.”

Voxumo nodded, accepting the response before turning his attention to Tekulo. “What of the Jungle Region?”

“Commander TimeLord has publicly announced his intentions to guarantee that the region as a whole continues to not only survive, but thrive,” Tekulo told him. “What might have prompted this announcement, however, I can only guess.”

“Your guesses will not be necessary,” the Mask Maker responded. “Does anyone have anything else to report?”

There was a chorus of ‘no’ around the table, and the Mask Maker nodded, dismissing them. He remained seated as each of the five Council Members exited the chambers, until at last he was alone in the silence – or as alone as one could be with a Skull Warrior present.

“Something big is coming,” he murmured to himself, drumming his fingers on the oaken table. “I can feel it in the air.”

-IN THE FIRE REGION-

Commander Burnmad sat in his chambers, staring up at the Golden Mask of Fire hanging on the wall.

“Commander?” a voice asked from behind him.

The Fire Region Commander turned his head, spotting Imrukii and Dragonstar (Diplomat and Trader for the region, respectively). “What is it?”

“Just a matter of diplomacy,” Imrukii replied, for it was he who had spoken. “Our relations with the Stone Region are as strong as ever, but our relationship with the others is beginning to leave something to be desired. The Jungle Region and Ice Region are unlikely to accept any invitations to an official alliance, but perhaps the Water Region could be persuaded? I have heard that Terrorsaur is a bit more… forthcoming than their last ruler.”

Burnmad nodded, waving his hand distractedly to dismiss them, turning his gaze back on the Golden Mask of Fire. “Leave me for now. We can discuss this tonight.”

“As you wish, Commander.”

-IN THE JUNGLE REGION-

Commander TimeLord crossed his arms, watching over the trees below them with narrowed eyes as he listened to his Diplomat, Underscore, speak. Behind them, the Trader Smoke Monster listened in from the shadows.

“Tekulo has told me that he shared your little announcement with the Council, but none of them seemed overtly worried.”

“They would not show it if they were,” TimeLord replied, shrugging. “It is fine. Something is coming, I can feel it in my bones. My only intention right now is to see us all make it through whatever might come.”

“One might say that you are either very foolish, or very wise,” Underscore said, chuckling.

“Let us hope that it is the latter.”

-IN THE WATER REGION-

John Stamos and Pulse sat next to each other on the docks, each with a fishing rod in their hands. Both were tired from a long day of fishing; it would soon be time to retire and turn in for the night, before they went back to work tomorrow. Truthfully, if Commander Terrorsaur knew that they had wasted an entire day down at the docks, he would be furious; after all, the work of a Diplomat and Trader was never done.

-IN THE ICE REGION-

Nato sat down in his new office, taking a deep breath. He had spent the last two days re-organizing the cursed room to his liking, and had not spoken to Commander FF or the region’s Trader, Hero, since being named to the position of Diplomat. He rubbed his temples, trying to concentrate with his tired mind.

As much as he wished he could, there was no time for rest. Ever since their foolhardy attempt to kill Lord Voxumo three years prior, the Ice Region had been in a rather precarious position; hopefully the appointment of a new Ruler and Diplomat would help them to re-establish connections with some of the other regions.

Both Fire and Stone were out of the question; there was no way of telling what had caused the Fire Region to lose favor with the Mask Maker but they were undoubtedly still undyingly loyal to the throne. As for the Stone Region… well, they had become well known for their almost fanatical devotion to Lord Voxumo. Re-building their alliance from twenty years ago might be next to impossible.

The Water Region and Ice Region were historically enemies. But the Jungle Region had remained steadfastly neutral in all diplomatic matters since before the rebellion… perhaps a connection could be made there?

He shook his head, sighing. There was much to be done.

-IN THE STONE REGION-

Zatth, the Stone Region’s Diplomat, stood beside Commander Bronze as they watched a new statue of the Mask Maker Voxumo being erected. Their Trader, RahiSpeak, could be heard shouting orders to the crews.

Zatth was uncertain about this project; while he was all for displaying their loyalty to the Mask Maker, he knew not every region was as… devoted as they were, and projects like this ran the risk of damaging their relations with the other regions.

He sighed. Then again, that was his job. Maintain relations with the other four regions of the island.

Patting Commander Bronze on the shoulder to let him know he was heading out, he set off towards his office. There was work to be done.

End of Episode Zero.

AND NOW THE GAME BEGINS!!

From this point forward, anything said or done in a PM where I am present could be used in a scene!

(Questions about possible moves will be exempt from this, usually).

I must remind you that backdoors where I am not present to overhear will be extremely useful to all of you – but keep in mind that any actions you want taken will obviously need to be run by me, as they will be included in the scene.

I encourage you all to try and find any loopholes and abuse them to your heart’s content.

After all, this is the Game of Thrones.

You win or you die.

Good luck!

Episode One begins… NOW!

• Upvote 9

hello.png_thumb.jpg

HEY GUYS WELCOME BACK TO ANOTHER NIGHT OF 

MINECRAFT...... GARRY;S MOD... CIVILIZATION... JUST CAUSE....... STRANDED DEEP.... SUBNAUTIC.... CALL OF DUT...... DESTINY THE TAKEN..... HAL....... H1Z..... FIVE NIGHTS AT FRE.... DYING LIG... HANGOVERS AND VIDEOGAMES

"The Tale Of A Murderer's Brother" "The Civil War"

Quote Of The Random Time I Feel Like Changing It:

"What Is Dead May Never Die"

~ Old ZexyZek

Just Now

"I COULD LIVE IF I DON'T DIE" - MITHZAN 2015

Nearly died of laughter when I saw Sean Bean's name in the opening titles... 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar