Favorite Bionicle?

Tech Warrior

Title says it all! Don't think I've seen this topic yet, weird. Anyways, I know that there are so many Bionicle sets made to where 1 favorite wouldn't do it, but what Bionicles would you consider some of your favorites? Which ones had the best character? Design? Playability? Value?I don't have a lot of sets, but for now I'd probably consider Tahu Mata one of my favorites. Sure he doesn't have the best play value, but he is the original Toa! For some reason, I also really like the Vahki. Don't know why; I just do.Though I don't have many sets, I can still judge what might be my favorite Bionicle in terms of character. Hmm... I'm going to go with Vezon, or Gadunka. They're both just so unique! And that mouth... whoa. The Rahkshi were pretty sweet characters as well.What's yours?

I AM A TOA OF SOUND. I CAN IDENTIFY DRUM N BASS BY THE VIBRATION OF THE GROUND. I CAN HEAR MAKUTA ROAR FROM MILES AWAY. I AM JUST THAT FREAKING AWESOME.

The 2009 vehicles. I really liked the Scorpio X-9.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

It's hard to say I MOCed so many of then to the point where the only parts left of the organelle set was the mask and weapons. Going my that I'd say the Toa Hordika for the torso that I used the most back then. But I love Lewa in all his forms...

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

I've always been partial to the 2006 Titan lineup. They hit the fine line between great design, good looks, and playability, better than any other set year, line, or wave. Attempting to figure out which one of the three I like most would be splitting hairs, really. Also the Bohrok, because being able to fold up into a ball, hang upside down in your canister, lunge at your enemies with your upper body/head area, and have your brains fly out of their compartment to possess another creature is just that awesome. I rest my case.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

There is only one BIONICLE so that is my favorite. [/raeg]Probably the 2006 titans or the 2009 vehicles, especially the Thornatus. They were good-looking sets, very original and also with a plethora of awesome pieces. And building them is fun.

AXKP5KC.png

I'd go with either Axonn (because his weapon is just Awesome! http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png), Lesovikk (because he has a cool backstory), and Gadunka (because its set looks great). Kardas is a great set too.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

There was an official topic for this on the old forums, you could possibly ask a forum leader to post it, make it official, and pin it. :)But in answer to your question: Hahli Inika. Although this seems like an insane choice, she was my first Bionicle set, and is a dear childhood memory to me. Call me sentimental, but despite her flaws, all the broken parts, and loose joints she has now, she's still my favorite.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Any of the '08 sets that didn't break instantly at the ball joints were awesome, I'm thinking Takanuva, the best Titan set ever and also one of the best builds ever. Axalara is brilliant for parts to use, and an awesome set itself. Rockoh is brilliant for playability. Basically, '08 had everything.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

• 4 weeks later...

Any of the '08 sets that didn't break instantly at the ball joints were awesome, I'm thinking Takanuva, the best Titan set ever and also one of the best builds ever. Axalara is brilliant for parts to use, and an awesome set itself. Rockoh is brilliant for playability. Basically, '08 had everything.

Takanuva is defnitely one of the best tians ever. IMO I think 2007 was the best year of Bionicle ever. Edited by Eragon3443_the Legend

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

• 2 weeks later...

well my favorite bionicle set would probably be karzahni. i also really liked gadunka. Character wise i absolutely like roodaka. she is just so evil and manipulative and combined with her set design it fits her well. I've always had this fascination for bohrok and rahkshi. I don't know why i like those two but i do.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

• 2 weeks later...

Hard to say entirely, but at the moment I'm quite impartial to Muaka & Kane-Ra, Takanuva (2003 version moreso), Keetongu, Toa Ignika, Brutaka, Axonn... Wait this is turning into a list... I'm far too indecisive. -_-

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

Hard to say. I liked all the sets (that I owned) with the exception of Balta and the 2010 Rahkshi.I'm going to stick with Takua and Pewku or the original Tohunga Takua. Why? Takua has always been my favorite Bionicle (hence my name) and I can remember my excitement as I opened the box of Takua and Pewku. And besides, I loved the opening sequence to Mask of Light, which is one of my favorite movies. But my other favorite Bionicle set has got to be the 2008 Takanuva Titan. It's Takua, as a Toa, with 267 pieces, and in a Titan form. A lot of playability, looks great, and towers above plenty of other Bionicles. The 2003 Takanuva and Ussanui was another favorite of mine, because of the gold and white Takanuva and a pretty cool vehicle.I guess you could say that my favorite Bionicle set is any of the Takua/Takanuva variations, excluding the 2010 version.

Takua Nui

of

GoAnimate

Hard to say. I liked all the sets (that I owned) with the exception of Balta and the 2010 Rahkshi.I'm going to stick with Takua and Pewku or the original Tohunga Takua. Why? Takua has always been my favorite Bionicle (hence my name) and I can remember my excitement as I opened the box of Takua and Pewku. And besides, I loved the opening sequence to Mask of Light, which is one of my favorite movies.But my other favorite Bionicle set has got to be the 2008 Takanuva Titan. It's Takua, as a Toa, with 267 pieces, and in a Titan form. A lot of playability, looks great, and towers above plenty of other Bionicles. The 2003 Takanuva and Ussanui was another favorite of mine, because of the gold and white Takanuva and a pretty cool vehicle.I guess you could say that my favorite Bionicle set is any of the Takua/Takanuva variations, excluding the 2010 version.

Same here. I adore all the takua takanuva sets. Even the 2010 version.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

Vahki Vahki Vakhi Vahki Vakhi Vahki Vakhi Vahki Vakhi Vahki Vakhi Vahki Vakhi Vahki Vakhi Vahki Vakhi Vahki Vakhi Vahki Vakhi Vahki Vakhi Vahki Vakhi Vahki Vakhi Vahki Vakhi Vahki Vakhi Vahki Vakhi Vahki Vakhi VahkiThank goodness for copy and paste

DevBannerwithInterests.png

Tahu Nuva for nostalgia, Tahnok Kal also for nostalgia, Chirox for having such a cool mask and unique arms, Mahri Jaller for the crab and nice sword and Metru Vakama for nostalgia.

"The sun is a wondrous body, like a magnificent father! If only I could be so grossly incandescent!"

My PBZP: http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=4267

I hadn't even known it was posted until much later... Oops.

000_0004.jpg

With so much to choose from, it's practically impossible for me to pick out a favourite. Every year has nicely designed sets that stand out above the rest, each with their own pro's and con's. Of course my favourite line is the one with the most high quality and well designed sets, the Glatorian. From Gresh to Tarix to the Skrall, I loved every one of them. The Glatorian Legends were alright, but a bit bland in comparison.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Hmm, that's a really hard question. There's nostalgia value, set design, and story of the character factors, each one holding a very different answer for me.The Inika were, by far, the most nostalgic sets for me. That's when I really started to catch up with the story and understand who everyone was, plus the sets were flippin' awesome at the time. I mean, laser eye beams, light up swords, a gigantic beast with a mouthful of teeth and a rider with a cape? What more could a six year-old ask for? Oh, and VNOLG, which I remember so fondly. And Piraka.com! With the mugshots and theme song and all that garfunkle that seems stupid now was just plain awesome back then. The most nostalgic set out of the year, for me, was Nuparu Inika, who has been played with to near-death.But my favorite set design is really hard - I loved the Thornatus V9, because it was such an awesome car, but I also immensely enjoy Krika, who had a brilliant design to him. And the Barraki were all awesome, as well. Especially Ehlek and Takadox. And those 2006 titans were definitely the best line of titans Bionicle ever had. No question.But my favorite character is Tren Krom, who I believe had so much potential that was squandered. He was powerful, intelligent, absolutely terrifying, and disgusted at the world around him. But the thing was, he couldn't do anything about it. So when he was released from his cave, I think there was so much room for him to try and change the new world in his vision, perhaps through story serial, but no. Instead he was killed in one of the most unsatisfying deaths in the entire Bionicle story.So, for nostalgia, Nuparu Inika takes the win. But Krika is probably my favorite design-wise, and also one of my favorite story-wise, but not my favorite. That place goes to Tren Krom, for reasons I already explained.

overlordsukapon.png

Kardas.Like, Kardas.Listing all my favourite sets would be quite long (and defeat the question of the thread), so I'll keep it to the quintessential: the Kardas Dragon, the Bahrag, Lehvak-Kal and Ehlek.

kardasbanner.jpg

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear. And the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
— H.P. Lovecraft —

--->My First Moc: The Water Reptilian Monster Thing!!<---

--->Credit to Zeddy of The Dark Beings shop for the Banner<---