Well, my friends, it's been a while, but I am back with a quick doodle to appease you.

This started as a bland figure drawing, but then spiraled into what it is now after I accidently colored a portion red...

There's some weird design choices here- some which felt more tribal, and some I just liked.

I realize the design is super human-looking, but I hope that's excusable.

26274456224_a19f557b4c_n.jpg

ORIGINAL: OR "THE FINISHED ONE"

ALT 1 (no hand lights)

ALT 2 (no mask)

(NO BG/MASK)

Programs: Photoshop CC, (actually barely touched PS for this 'un), Krita (98% done in Krita)

Tablet: Cintiq 13HD, Bamboo Create (I just got the Cintiq, and I LOVE this little beastie. OMG.)

Time: ...IDK? Probably too long.

Refs: no refs (not even for the hau, which might make it look off-model... ;-; )

Other Info: I listened to Devin Townsend's "Ki" on repeat while making this, and I can't get Gato out of my head...

Comments and criticism are very much appreciated: even if I don't reply to them, I read everything.

-Haecceity (wow, old screename is old.)

• Upvote 3

If you found this text, know that Kevin isn't real.

He's a fairy tale to scare children.

30491886943_59e45988bd.jpgKevin. Is. Not. Real.

The title's reminding me of something but I don't know what.

Anyways, this is cool. The more "organic" look works, and is something I've always wanted to try out when drawing Bionicle stuff.

Legs are a bit off, though. I assume he's supposed to be walking, but it looks more like his left leg is merging with his right. Other than that, I like it!

• Upvote 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Thanks! As far as the leg positioning goes, I agree with you that the anatomy is a bit wonky. The pose was originally intended to be a crossover between the thighs, one thigh behind the other slightly (if you try replicating the pose irl you might see what I mean), but the right leg(our left) accidently ended up in a sort of mild s-curve. I actually noticed this when coloring, but I didn't want to redo the pose :shrug:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the compliment! Personally I never was the biggest proponent of a more human analogue with Bionicle stuff, but it felt like it fit in this case.

Edited by Haecceity