"Your Bionicle wish is at my command."

Hi, guys!:) When I watched Ninjago Season 6: Skybound, there is a jinn (another word for genie) who grants a person three wishes. This makes me think that it would be awesome if a Bionicle character, and perhaps we the Bionicle fans, could interact with a genie. I know this may not happen in the Bionicle stories, but it would be cool if that could happen to the characters.

Let me demonstrate:

My primary wishes (because I have more than three wishes. These are the most important ones.):

If I were to have a genie grant my Bionicle wishes, they would be:

1. The Journey to One is on either Catoon Network or Nickelodeon

2. The Bionicle G1 story continued

3. There is a theatrical Bionicle movie (not as direct-to-video. Just an original premiering from a movie theater, like the live-action Transformers movies).

My secondary wishes (extra wishes):

1. The G1 toy line would run longer up to the end of 2011 or 2012.

2. The fifth and sixth Bionicle G1 movies had never cancelled, so The Legend Reborn could have its trilogy (this is the reason why I made my first secondary wish).

3. All of the G1 storylines that don't have their own movies could have G1's own TV series.

4. The major G1 characters that aren't Toa Mata or Makuta to appear in G2.

5. The Bionicle web series to be expanded, so the characters can have more character development and the Toa taking more time fighting the Skull Creatures.

6. Bionicle could have crossovers with other franchises that I like, including Hero Factory and Ninjago.

As for some of my favorite Bionicle characters as examples,

G1 Tahu: (1) become a Toa Nuva again, (2) recreate his lost Kanohi Nuva masks that were destroyed in the destruction of Ta-Koro

Takanuva: (1) he had never moved from Karda Nui to Metru Nui when he was a Matoran

Vezon: (1) the Great Being who told Vezon to free him cannot control his Olmak powers, (2) Vezon could see Kardas again, (3) people to be nice to nice to him. :P

Mata Nui: (1) He could see the Great Beings

Ekimu: (1) all the three legendary masks are in his possession (2) Makuta is not evil and is good again

Kulta the Skull Grinder: (1) having all of the G2 Toa's Golden Masks of Power's energy

Umarak: (1) The Great Elemental Creatures are obedient to him

G2 Makuta: (1) all the three legendary masks are in his possession (2) people respect him

So, there. You say what I mean? What about your thoughts?:)

Edited by Lenny7092
  • Upvote 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Lol for me my only three wishes would be:

1. Bionicle get a reboot/continuation via comic book series

2. Bionicle gets a serious cinematic movie

3. Bionicle gets recognized and more popular in the public eye again, creating a really lasting impression

• Upvote 3

1. Brown should stay brown in G2

2. For the love of all that is holy, someone please write up a detailed, official, canon, satisfactory ending to G1. I need closure!

3. I hope G2 sticks with the low-tech style it has had going so far/ what G1 was like until '03.  Personally, Metru Nui was my favorite location in G1 and I loved the '04 story and characters, and I really like the more high-tech direction G1 went in. However, G2 is its own separate thing, and I want to see it explore a longer Bionicle saga from a different direction.

That's pretty much it.

:kakama:

Edited by Pohaturon
  • Upvote 3

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

1. Continue G1, or make canon ARA once thats all done.

2. Give us films for 2001, 2002, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2010.

3. Three more wishes.

• Upvote 2

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Three wishes? If you say so...

• A 106cm (3'6'') tall Ultimate Collector's Edition build of the Great Spirit Robot

• A slew of hand-drawn style animated movies in the vein of DC's animated features, preferably handling subjects such as the Core War and Makuta Teridax's takeover

• Bring back Christian Faber. Or just a really, reallyreally good artistic and creative director for G2.

Edited by Turnipmensch
  • Upvote 3

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

Hmmm well here would be mine:

1) Comics. More good comics. Inika, Mahri and Phantoka were epic. We need this stuff back

2) Make the story a bit more complex for the older fans to enjoy

3) Greg makes a comeback

• Upvote 2

k4dyNA9.jpg?1

OPEN WORLD 3D GAME SET ON SPHERUS MAGNA AFTER THE END OF G1

1: I get to choose the color schemes for all of 2017's Bio sets, which means that everything will probably be in transparent colors we haven't had yet in constraction or very little of as well as chrome. :P

2: I get all of above sets for free.

3: The above two wishes happen for 2018 and the circle of epicness continues (until I run out of color ideas, but since I like getting free sets, I'd probably come up with stuff for a long time :3). :P

(You can see pretty clearly where my priorities are for this line... :P)

Others (in no particular order at the moment):

-One MONSTROUS book of the entire G1 saga, including preexisting stories and serials but written in such a way that it all meshes well together instead of just a compilation of various writings.

-Canonize Nescent's epic Rahi projects and make online instructions for all of them as they are all (more or less) combo models in the first place.

-A Bonkle live action movie that's on par with the current Marvel-DC-Transformer movies in terms of quality, special effects and whatnot (but not on par with language and inappropriateness and whatnot, cause seriously, who wants it?)

Edited by Teh Dark One
  • Upvote 2

"All magic comes with a price, dearie!" -The Dark One

I'm known on the LMB's as Brickobotface, Teh Dark One is merely a fad. :P

A Bionicle pieces factory. (Unlimited plastic pellets included) :3

An island, all to myself, in the Caribbean, terraformed into an exact replica of Mata Nui (Banal location-specific weather and all).

Exo armor. With in-build mask powers and elemental abilities. [:P] Times six. [:P]

Yep. [:P] MNRL here we come. [:P]

(And the island would have an impenetrable force-field around it, so no government could get in :3)

• Upvote 3

cLT23Pz.png

*Bionicle and constraction are finally respected by the wider AFOL community

*A thriving all-ages fan community emerges, on par with other beloved kids' cartoons like Avatar: The Last Airbender or Steven Universe

*I achieve my dream of working in Billund as a set designer

If I had more wishes I'd probably also wish for better gender representation in the sets and story, and for an immersive online game or video game that I could thoroughly enjoy playing.

• Upvote 4

1. Lego publishes plain-text building instructions for all official sets on their website, discontinued sets included.

2. All Bionicle media is adapted to audio novel or audio drama format and released on Audio CD.

3. Lego starts selling CCBS/Constraction counterparts to the system's bucket of bricks, including common recolors of parts from discontinued sets.

1 is so I can actually build official sets and learn how parts were intended to be used sinstead of experimenting from scratch. 2 is so I can actually consume the storyline that accompanies these toys. 3 is so there's a relatively easy way of stocking up constraction pieces in bulk without paying collector prices for discontinued sets.

• Upvote 1

Just so you know, I'm blinad

1: I wish for G2 to have good music, both instrumental/ambient and vocal.

2: I wish we got Greg Farshtey out of an "advisor role" or whatever and back to writing stories, which suits him far better.

3: A film set in Voya Nui.

3. There is a theatrical Bionicle movie (not as direct-to-video. Just an original premiering from a movie theater, like the live-action Transformers movies).

I dunno if that's the best example of a movie to compare it to lol

Edit:

1. Lego publishes plain-text building instructions for all official sets on their website, discontinued sets included.

You're welcome.

Edited by Kopekemaster
  • Upvote 1
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

You're welcome.

Jeffrey was specifically talking about instructions that use text instead of pictures, because he is blind and so can't really use the LEGO Group's pictorial instructions.

To be honest I never really thought about the problems that the LEGO Group's normally user-friendly instructions would present for a blind person before. It's an especially tricky problem to try and overcome because the names for a lot of parts aren't all that widely known, and with Bionicle parts in particular, they're often not very descriptive.

You're welcome.

Jeffrey was specifically talking about instructions that use text instead of pictures, because he is blind and so can't really use the LEGO Group's pictorial instructions.

To be honest I never really thought about the problems that the LEGO Group's normally user-friendly instructions would present for a blind person before. It's an especially tricky problem to try and overcome because the names for a lot of parts aren't all that widely known, and with Bionicle parts in particular, they're often not very descriptive.

Ohhhh, sorry, I didn't realize.

Now that I know, that's quite an interesting conundrum, actually. I wonder what sort of system they could come up with to make textual instructions. Might be an interesting project to work on as fans, sometime.

Edit: Derp, I should've read his signature. Sorry again.

Edited by Kopekemaster
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Takanuva: (1) he had never moved from Karda Nui to Metru Nui when he was a Matoran

I dunno, he met good friends on Mata Nui, and if he'd been left in Karda Nui, he'd probably either've been Bohroked or deaded, and he also wouldn't've become Takanuva.

I think he'd wish to be allowed back into the Kohlii tournaments without having to lose his Toa powers, but hey, that's just me.

• Upvote 1

Illiteracy is a far more common disability than blindness especially among Lego's target audience, so I can't really blame them for catering to that group. Besides, with pictorial-only instructions, you don't have to worry about translation, and most people won't even notice that you're catering to a disabled population(Lego might not even be aware of the fact), but it's still annoying when you find yourself in a group that is disadvantaged by such catering to a different group. Doubly a shame when you consider that Lego itself is an extremely tactile toy. Granted, this is a problem with many construction toys, not just Lego.

As for part names, yeah, Lego has some pretty sorry naming conventions. I can actually find plain-text(or at least text with pictures) part lists for a number of Lego sets, but even for small sets I have in hand, I often find myself scratching my head trying to connect name to shape. Granted, if Lego made text versions of their instructions, it would force them to use more mneumonic names as opposed to the overly technical names they currently favor.

More on topic:

I wish Lego would make some sets that combine modern CCBS parts with parts that featured heavily in Throwbots/Slizers and G1 Bionicle that haven't seen use in a new set in years.

@Jeffrey funny you call illiteracy a disability, yet you forget the target age group of these TOYS. I for one enjoy being able to see where to put the pieces in a new set. That doesn't make me "disabled" it just means kids don't want to have to read the instructions if they shouldn't have to. Not all kids know how to read.

@Jeffrey funny you call illiteracy a disability, yet you forget the target age group of these TOYS. I for one enjoy being able to see where to put the pieces in a new set. That doesn't make me "disabled" it just means kids don't want to have to read the instructions if they shouldn't have to. Not all kids know how to read.

You don't have to take it personally! "Disability" probably wasn't the best term for describing illiteracy, particularly since unlike a physical disability most people (even those with language-related cognitive disabilities like dyslexia) can learn to read. But the point is that pictorial instructions do generally serve a greater portion of Lego's target audience than plaintext instructions would.

There's another factor at play, as well—Lego is a globally-marketed toy. If text-based instructions were produced, they might have to be made in the native languages of basically every market Lego serves, which would make the already significant challenge of creating easy-to-understand non-visual instructions even greater.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Sorry if my previous post came accross as offensive as such was not my intention. Still, with what I've read about social classes in societies lacking the ability to mass produce books and the struggles of illiterate adults in modern times, it's hard to think of illiteracy as anything but a disability, albeit one whose treatment comes primarily from education rather than health care. Actually, I have a lot of sympathy for the illiterate as, in some ways, my blindness has rendered me functionally illiterate, and many of the situations I struggle with are ones a illiterate would struggle with as well.

Granted, given that Lego's instructions, if I remember correctly, tended towards fairly simple line drawings, it's quite possible they could be embossed while preserving sufficient detail. Now, if only an economical means of converting the digital manuals from the above link to such tactile drawings was available...

I wish for a Linux compatible "2.5D Printer" that combines a color laser printer with a low profile 3D printer and an embossing algorithm to allow it to produce tactile prints of text documents and image files.

And if that's too generic for the Bionicle Genie:

I wish Lego offered an in-house service for ordering tactile printed copies of instruction manuals.

Wow, I never thought there are people, who suffer blindness and illiteracy, would have trouble reading Lego building instructions. I have sympathy for them.:( Hopefully, the idea of plain-text building instructions and whatever could help them. Jeffery Mewhunter, you had a pretty good wish.

Anyway, back on topic:

I dunno if that's the best example of a movie to compare it to lol

What I meant by that wish that it would be similar to how Banana Gunz and Teh Dark One described the movie.

I dunno, he met good friends on Mata Nui, and if he'd been left in Karda Nui, he'd probably either've been Bohroked or deaded, and he also wouldn't've become Takanuva.

I think he'd wish to be allowed back into the Kohlii tournaments without having to lose his Toa powers, but hey, that's just me.

Well, after Takua was created, he was placed in Karda Nui, along with the other Av-Matoran. We don't know much about his life in there before the Order of Mata Nui moved him to Metru Nui, but he is best friends with Solek. After Takua went to the island of Mata Nui and suffered amnesia, he couldn't remember anything. However, when he, as Toa Takanuva, went to Karda Nui, he learned that he was once an Av-Matoran. I think, in his mind, he probably wondering why he was never with his kind the whole time because he is unique from people in Mata Nui. I think if he ever stayed with them, he would have made more good friends with them, like Solek, the same way he did with the Matoran on Mata Nui. If he had stayed with Solek and the others, he wouldn't turn into a Bohrok or get killed by the Energy Storms in Karda Nui before the Toa Mata left. You can stay with people that you have in common with, right? Plus, it's the same as you feel when you graduate a school, you would miss your friends over there and not seeing them for a very long time. So, I feel sorry for Takanuva for abandoning his kind long ago, so that's why there's that #1 wish for him. I think Solek misses or missed him, too. I don't know if he recognized Takanuva as Takua, either.:(

I like your wish about Takanuva being able to play Kohii again. I didn't think of that. I consider it his wish #2.:) He would be too big for it, literally, however. Lol.:P

I just thought of his wish #3, and it is that he becomes giant, like in Karda Nui, again, so he would an enormous part of the Toa Nuva, literally (again). Lol.:P

1. The Red Star wouldn't have its 'revive those that died in the MU' power.

2. The uncompleted web serials were completed.

3. Keetongu, Umbra, and Lesovikk appearing more in the story.

I know that last one is a little random, but I liked those characters and would've loved to have seen more of them in the story.

• Upvote 3

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

1) Either the testing build or the 'final' build of The Legend of Mata Nui be released to the public.
2) Gen2 got some sort of adventure/exploration game for its first year
3) I actually scrounge up enough dedication to finish one of my fangames <_< I also wish for the CBBS part buckets! I really enjoyed the Creatures Accessory and Exclusive Accessory tubs!

• Upvote 1

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17

1. A complete set of BIONICLE books.

2. A remake of The Legend Reborn, where it expands upon Bara Magna's awesome lore and does all the characters justice, a remastering of the movies, where all the bad bits are redone (give Sidorak back his encyclopaedia awesome!!!)

3. More comics. Lots more comics, including more background lore (like they did to Bara Magna with The Fall of Atero and those other ones), and a reissue of the Papercutz graphic novels (Hydraxon's Tale, Rise and Fall of the Skrall, All Our Sins Remembered etc.)

• Upvote 2

"Mutiny, Booty and Entropy"  - The Three Vices of the Frostelus

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

1. An MNOG-esque game of some capacity is released after the wrap-up of the first 3 years of G2 that takes place during those three years.

2. A more wide-spread popularity of constraction sets, leading to better sales of BIONICLE, more acceptance within the LEGO community, and more new constraction themes.

3. Less humanoid sets, and more creature and beast sets of some kind.

• Upvote 3

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

• 3 weeks later...

1. The chance to work as part of Bionicle's creative team (Set designer, writer, animator, whatever.)

2. More comics throughout all 15 years

3. I wish Legoland locations had retro set stores. I know it wouldn't make sense, but it would be awesome to get another shot at packaged G1 Bionicle, Exo Force, Knights Kingdom, Orient Expedition, Alpha Team, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Mars Mission, those hockey "Bionicles", Power Miners..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnaHFstqCK97bHNwpwztn_Q

Check out my YouTube channel for LEGO, YuGiOh and Pokemon videos!

3. I wish Legoland locations had retro set stores. I know it wouldn't make sense, but it would be awesome to get another shot at packaged G1 Bionicle, Exo Force, Knights Kingdom, Orient Expedition, Alpha Team, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Mars Mission, those hockey "Bionicles", Power Miners..

depending on your luck, you may still find some g1 bionicles at the backs of store shelves! (smaller stores are more likely because their stock moves slower, or so i've been told o: )

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

1. Okoto Online Game.  :D

2. I'd really love to try my hand at set design and story writing.  I've been coming up with ideas for new pieces and stories for a while.

3. Relatively minor, but Carlos D'Anda doing some art, official or otherwise, just because I wanna see his take on G2 designs.  On a similar note, more CGI artwork and promo stuff for the sets like Advance and Ghost used to do back in the day.

• Upvote 1

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

• 2 months later...

Very good wishes, everyone!:) Since the recent events of Bionicle happened, I made three new wishes:

1. Undo the cancellation

2. Have Lego celebrate Bionicle's 15th anniversary somehow, like a TT video game, a place in Lego Dimensions, a concert, a documentary video, a TV movie, a crossover of G1 and G2, something similar to Sonic Generations in 2011 (it's 20th anniversary) and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles's Turtles Forever TV movie in 2009 (it's 25th), a collecter's edition set, like golden 2001 Toa Mata or a re-release of some sets in history

3. Sets in 2017, including the Makuta set with the Mask of Ultimate Power

Those are my primary wishes. Here are the secondary ones:

1. Release more Skull foes for Tahu and Gali and with Tahu and Gali's own drained 2015 golden masks

2. Release more Elemental Beast foes for Pohatu, Lewa, and Gali and with Pohatu, Lewa, and Gali's own corrupted 2016 masks

3. Release Ekimu's Falcon set in the US

1. G3 is launched in conjunction with Warner Bros. (because they did the quasi-stop motion films with Lego before, and I think the animation style could work with Bionicle) with gritty films that capture G1's atmosphere and have the musical score from the classic trilogy.

2. G3's protagonists are the OG Toa, but they act like their G1 selves and are joined by Takanuva.

3. Lewa is a Toa of Air again and Pohatu is now a Toa of Iron because #### stone.

• Upvote 1

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

• Retcon most of the story serials and the loose ends we got after 2010.  A few of them were good, but mostly they were blasé affairs which left a bad and unfinished taste in everyone's mouths.  Tying up the G1 story is an entirely unattainable goal because it essentially devolved into an open-world free-for-all where every non-deceased character is active all at once; there's always going to be something after the end.

• Bringing non-color-coded pins and axles back.

Having the All-American Rejects star in G3.

• Upvote 1

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Bring Back BIONICLE 5 to 10, or maybe even 20 or more years. And make it good this time!

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png