01_front.jpg

Gallery

What if Nuparu invented a scarier Boxor?

So I'm back in the world of physical building! I didn't start this guy with revamping the Boxor in mind, but as I finished I noticed that he sort of loosely resembled one (and the driver, Nuparu), and just went with it. So it's a pretty loose reimagining, but I think it works out. Plus it saved me from having to concoct a unique backstory, which I often find difficult. I guess I'm more engineer than poet. :P I'm figuring out a new camera and lighting setup now too, so hopefully these pictures will be a little better than those of my previous creations. I do encourage you to check out the bigger pictures and different poses in the gallery, or at least click this picture for the bigger version - it's a pretty big model, and I'm not sure 640x640 does it justice. Anyways, looking forward to hearing what you think!

• Upvote 7

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Hey, it looks like it could fit his Toa form too... no, seriously, it even has armor for a Kadin mohawk =P

Pretty cool - I wonder how he controls four arms with two hands, possibly with an onboard AI?  I mean, he did build the Vahki and Krahli... also, it'd be a pain if something slammed him in the chest and he has his hands exposed.  From a tactical standpoint, though I guess Boxor 1.0 skimped on the armor too.

Other than that, me gusta!

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

Really liking the colourscheme and variety of weaponry, but the staff seems really spindly when compared to the giant lump of parts at its end, and the overall bulkiness of the rest of the build. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Mmm nice. This is a great MOC. The integration of G1 and G2 parts is very tastefully done. Protector Nuparu is awesome!

The one thing I take umbrage at is the title of Boxor. It barely resembles the original. Of course, you do throw in the caveat that it's a "loose reimagining," so I can't make my accusation stick!  :P  If it was an updated Exo-Toa, on the other hand....

But don't let my little neurotic tendencies get you down. This is still an awesome MOC, no matter how you slice it. 

Edited by Junior Shark

If you wait until the last minute, then it only takes one minute. 

Flickr    BZPRPG   

Thanks guys! I appreciate the praise and constructive criticism. Some specific responses...

Pretty cool - I wonder how he controls four arms with two hands, possibly with an onboard AI?  I mean, he did build the Vahki and Krahli... also, it'd be a pain if something slammed him in the chest and he has his hands exposed.  From a tactical standpoint, though I guess Boxor 1.0 skimped on the armor too.

Probably an onboard AI, yeah. I thought about trying to cover the hands, but it worked better to leave it as a weak spot.

Well that's pretty impressive, I'd put armour on the upper upper of the bottom set of arms. Cant criticize much else though.

Hmm, maybe. Poseability would have suffered somewhat though, and I preferred keeping the uppermost of both sets of arms (shoulder blades?) the same.

Really liking the colourscheme and variety of weaponry, but the staff seems really spindly when compared to the giant lump of parts at its end, and the overall bulkiness of the rest of the build.

That's a good point. I should have covered it with bushings or gears or something, or used axle connectors or whatever you call these.

I really don't think this is a good iteration of the boxor at all, but it is an impressive MOC nonetheless.

The one thing I take umbrage at is the title of Boxor. It barely resembles the original. Of course, you do throw in the caveat that it's a "loose reimagining," so I can't make my accusation stick!  :P  If it was an updated Exo-Toa, on the other hand....

Hmm, I don't know.. I mean, it's not a bad MOC but The Boxor isn't the first thing I think of when I look at it, feels more like a Matoran version of the Exo-Toa if I want to be honest, or some digging mech seeing those claws and drill.

Fair enough, I kinda suspected that would be the most common complaint... I thought the similarities of somewhat oddly-jointed legs, orange-black-grey color scheme, Bohrok-visor head, and Matoran pilot were significant enough to call it  (a loose reimagining of the) Boxor. But I get the point of view that it's kind of a stretch. Oh well. Should it have been an Exo-Toa-Boxor hybrid, an Exo-Boxor maybe?

I don't see why the digging mech stuff should be ill-fitting, though - having been invented by an Onu-Matoran mining engineer to escape a cave-in, wouldn't the Boxor be expected to have digging stuff? I know the original didn't, but it would make sense.

Anyways, thanks again everyone! It's great to hear your feedback.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

That thing is a beast-looks like the sort of thing Nuparu would have created after getting a chance to study the Exo-Toa and any Vahki remains once he got back to Metru Nui.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge