Million Dollars, But...

Lol what's even the point of a million dollars then

If your million dollars revolves around seeing your family and friends then there wouldn't be a point to it. If it doesn't then this doesn't seem like such a bad deal to not have to deal with anyone.

Million Dollars (lot of money) but… Once a day you must eat a fugu fish prepared by a new culinary student. You can have it as a meal, as a snack, with sides or without, it doesn't matter, you must always take the plunge and eat it. The fugu fish cannot be checked by anyone else and you are required to eat it. After 1 year of this you are no longer required to undergo this.

(For those unfamiliar, fugu fish if ill prepared will kill you)

~Soran

Sure, but:

Does this mean I'm Steve Carell? Oh my gosh I'm Steve Carell! Deal.

Million Dollars (lot of money) but… You must disappear. You cannot see your friends, family, or anyone from civilization ever again. You're all alone on an island.

~Soran

million dollars gonna do you no good then

gonna play ball now though

I wouldn't get a million dollars for not looking into a mirror, too impractical, and virtually impossible to accomplish (even with a million dollars)

So here's one:

You can get a million dollars, but you have to leave USA and never physically enter it again

Edited by Euromaiden

I'd take it. I'd just move north.

Million Dollars (lot of money) but… your arms are handcuffed to each other for 5 years. You will not be able to remove the handcuffs in any situation, including using the bathroom.

-----

Lol what's even the point of a million dollars then

If your million dollars revolves around seeing your family and friends then there wouldn't be a point to it. If it doesn't then this doesn't seem like such a bad deal to not have to deal with anyone.

Sure, but:

Million Dollars (lot of money) but… You must disappear. You cannot see your friends, family, or anyone from civilization ever again. You're all alone on an island.

million dollars gonna do you no good then

Perhaps I phrased it wrong. Think of the situation as if you are in quarantine. You can order anything you want with the million dollars, you just can't share it with anyone. So let's say for example that you want something extravagant like a roller coaster on this little island of yours. You make the order, you go to sleep, you wake up and find a roller coaster already set up. You didn't get to see or contact the people who set it up, all you saw was a rollercoaster set up. Perhaps you want a boat. You order a boat and a boat is dropped off at your location. Maybe you want a plane, well then a plane is dropped off as well. 

The point of this condition is that it revolves entirely on material goods. If the person only wants to buy material goods with their millions and they don't care about seeing anyone then this condition wouldn't be a concern. If the person in question wants to either be around people or use their millions to buy services (such as cruises, traveling the world, etc) then this condition would obviously be awful for them. 

There isn't any logic to this condition in the same manner that there isn't any logic to anyone being randomly given a million dollars or any of the other conditions that anyone else has posted. It's seems silly to try to look for logic in this particular situation when there's another condition someone else posted about fighting a giant spider the size of a car. 

~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would begrudgingly take the cash, seeing as I am really desperate for money right now :/

Not that it wouldn't hurt. It would. Like a B****!

Anywhoooo,

Million bucks but you would never see your parents ever again. 

Dunno if someone's asked that, cause CBA going through the whole topic.

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

• 2 weeks later...

Decline.

Million bucks but for everything you buy that you actually want or need, you have to buy something else of equal or greater value that you have absolutely no use for.  And you can't give it away right away, you have to keep it.

• 2 weeks later...

I accept. The main thing I'd buy is a home. This time I would buy two homes (Since I don't have a use for a second home) and I can rent one out. It's win-win.

Million Dollars (lot of money) but… Each $50,000 you spend causes you to lose a year of your life (If you spend all your money your life expectancy is lowered by 20 years). 

~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

I accept. The main thing I'd buy is a home. This time I would buy two homes (Since I don't have a use for a second home) and I can rent one out. It's win-win.

Million Dollars (lot of money) but… Each $50,000 you spend causes you to lose a year of your life (If you spend all your money your life expectancy is lowered by 20 years). 

~Soran

Way to capitalize on that loophole to actually end up with more money!

If I can spend the money on possibly extending my own life expectancy to beyond 100 years old, I'd happily take the cash! That way, I can share my discovery with the world and benefit them as well :P

Okay.

Million dollars, but you can only spend it in $100K intervals, one year apart. I know it sounds annoying but it's somewhat realistic.

Fire away.

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

If I just can't connect to the internet then I accept. I can just hire an assistant to do it for me. If I can't use the internet at all then I decline.

Million Dollars (lot of money) but… You're constantly followed by advertisers trying to sell you things. Doesn't matter if you're walking in public, or if you're in your home, you'll constantly be surrounded by either advertisers or advertisements.

Do you take the money?

~Soran

No.

Million dollars... but for every piece of goods and services you purchase using this sum of money, you yourself will be forced to compose and post detailed user reviews on all your blogs, Vlogs, social websites, LinkedIn accounts, BZPower profile page :P, etc.

Edited by Tahtorak ate my house!

Your left brain contains nothing right, while your right brain contains nothing left.

I'd actually do it. I think I could figure out a system that enables me to post faster/more efficient reviews.

Million dollars but every single transaction you make is made public via your social media accounts and cannot be removed/deleted. If you don't have any, you must make them.

No.

Million dollars, but you million dollars changes its currency to match the country of origin of the goods/services you purchase using that million dollar. For instance, if you purchase a souvenir made in Thailand using the million dollars, it then becomes a million baht.

Your left brain contains nothing right, while your right brain contains nothing left.