Humanized Soran

Soran

Howdy,

Soran here. I got bored and decided to upload an old drawing of mine I was doing. It's not technically completed so I took what was and made this. Basically, it's my OC, Soran, but humanized. 

9SEI22P.png

Link Here

This drawing was originally for something else but it fell through as soon as I lost interest. He also wears a pair of jeans, but I didn't actually finish drawing those… So I just went with what I completed. I decided to go with an anime-esque style. I think it turned out all right. I definitely think it's one of my better drawings but it still could use some work.

The background was last minute, just went with a simple sky background. I actually found out how to make a neat looking sunset sky effect earlier so I decided to apply it to this drawing. I think it's pretty sweet looking.

This drawing is also my first serious attempt at drawing clothes. I don't normally get that far in my drawings (of humans) where I decide, "Huh, this looks like a person. They probably need some clothes."

Q: "Why is he holding a coin(?)"

A: The main reason for that is because the original drawing was meant to illustrate the fact that there are two sides to him, which is similar to a coin. 

Fun fact: Working on this drawing actually inspired one of my comics. How did it do this? Mainly because I got bored of working on the above drawing and I drew this as well.

KtSne1G.png

Link to Creepy Soran

Which I later based this comic after.

s3_86_by_soarinskies-d9h5our.png

This can give those who follow my comics a time frame as to when I drew these drawings.

As per usual, comments and critique are appreciated.

~Soran

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 4
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

It's well done. I was actually surprised at how this drawing looks, since Soran in the comics was always portrayed as average in almost every way, but the humanized version looks like one of those guys highschool freshman girls are always squealing over.

If that's your first serious attempt at drawing clothes, that's incredible. I still find clothes hard to draw and I'm no stranger to drawing in anime style.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

It's well done. I was actually surprised at how this drawing looks, since Soran in the comics was always portrayed as average in almost every way, but the humanized version looks like one of those guys highschool freshman girls are always squealing over.

If that's your first serious attempt at drawing clothes, that's incredible. I still find clothes hard to draw and I'm no stranger to drawing in anime style.

Thanks!

In regards to his appearance, I think that's more contributed to the anime style itself than his own appearance. It's hard to create a truly "average" looking person through that style. I went with what I figured was a pretty average haircut and kept his blue eyes since they work with his name, although I can see what you mean by that. 

It is in fact my first serious attempt. Most of my human drawings lean more toward cartoon-styling which doesn't require the same amount of detail in clothing. 

Thanks for the feedback, 

~Soran

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 1
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my God I'm freaking out over here.

Okay I had a friend of mine draw me as if I were a anime character and your drawing is a dead ringer to mine. It's like looking into a anime mirror.

Good job drawing me I mean Soran.

Edited by ToaTimeLord

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

That's really good for a first serious attempt at anime-style art. Nice.

Thank you.

Oh my God I'm freaking out over here.

Okay I had a friend of mine draw me as if I were a anime character and your drawing is a dead ringer to mine. It's like looking into a anime mirror.

Good job drawing me I mean Soran.

Plot twist: I'm your friend.

In all seriousness though, that's interesting. I based his humanized look off of his name being a pun for flying. Figured I'd give him a bomber jacket. Thanks.

~Soran

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 1