Most mind blowing BIONICLE moments?

Hey Bz I just wanted to ask everyone, what was your most mind blowing bionicle moment? It can be from the story, the video games, movies, etc. One of the most awesome and mind blowing moments was watching the cutscenes from the ending of the MNOG, most noting the Toa Kaita, and then the battle against makuta and then the ending where the bohrok awakened. I remember as a kid it was the most fascinating thing I had seen and it kept me in wonder and mystery for years. Even now it's completely mind blowing to watch again. So tell me what you think was really most mind blowing to you?

Well, as predictable as this might be, I'm gonna say the giant robot twist was the most mind-blowing moment for me. Not surprising since it was designed to be the ultimate plot twist! The fact that the story team kept it a secret for eight years, and that they were dropping hints all along the way, made it pretty dang impressive. I know that a few people guessed the twist ahead of time, and there was a leaked video back in early 2008 that spoiled it a bit, but neither of those factors did anything to lessen the moment for me. :)

Since a lot of people will probably give the same answer I did, I offer a runner-up moment as well: the part in the Toa Nuva Blog when Roodaka was forced to turn the Rahaga back into Toa Hagah. I remember that being a pretty unexpected development that got everyone excited.

• Upvote 6

Honestly, I'm going to have to echo you with the Mata Nui Online Game. Not just the cutscenes, though—the whole thing felt massive in scale and breathtakingly gorgeous. Even replaying it today doesn't really do it justice, since it was designed for a much slower internet. Now you can basically replay the whole thing in a day, and the combination of better graphical fidelity and enhanced speed makes the tricks and design shortcuts used in its creation more evident, but back then it did an amazing job of immersing you in a mysterious and alien world.

Thinking back, there's very little that comes close. The best runner up I can pick is the depiction of Matoro's death in the 2007 comics. That one panel of Matoro using the Mask of Life brought a tear to my eye, despite Sayger's sketchy art, the less immersive medium, and the fact that having read the books I already knew it was going to happen. That death resonated with me in a way that few other climactic moments in the scene could, because of the way it was framed as the culmination of a single beloved character's journey.

• Upvote 4

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The Inika saga up until Matoro's Sacrifice. And then the reawakening and rebirth of the Mata Nui in control of the MU, finding out that he was literally a giant freaking robot (beat that Japan with your mecha. Our whole freaking universe is a machine!). Teridax's takeover, Mata Nui's arrival on Bara Magna, and actually getting a proper set of him after nearly after a decade.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

For me it's definitely Matoro's death as number one. It was heart breaking and in some ways life changing to me. It was really the first time I saw that happen as a kid in media and it's resonated with me a lot.

After that it's definitely the awakening of the Mata-Nui robot with Teridax in his head and the Mask of Life floating through space whispering "I will return..." So bad a$$!

Some other great moments were also the Mata facing Makuta at the end of MNOG and the destruction of the Mata-Nui robot/Tahu lifting up the Ignika.

"The Great Spirit Mata Nui is dead!"

Also, when I first saw The Legend Reborn, I thought the big purple thing was a Great Being, and I thought it was awesome. Then it turned out to be a bunch of those stupid beetles. So that doesn't count, I guess. :P 

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939

"The Great Spirit Mata Nui is dead!"

Good pick. Or how about when Turaga Dume first revealed that Mata Nui was dying?

That was a HUGE shocker back in 2006. I still remember how we all went nuts after Greg shared that little sneak peek on BZPower.

After that it's definitely the awakening of the Mata-Nui robot with Teridax in his head and the Mask of Life floating through space whispering "I will return..." So bad ######!

I love that part. It was perfect as Mata Nui's first line of dialogue-- so simple yet powerful.

Edited by Disciple
  • Upvote 2

Giant Robot. Always wanted to know what Mata-Nui looked like, and then that comic came in the mail and made my day.

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

If we're talking about mind-blowing twists that aren't the Great Spirit Robot revelation, I will have to commend the reveal of Makuta Teridax's takeover. Not far off from the common answer, I know, but if you ask me, I think that reveal was much more hard-hitting and powerful than the Great Spirit Robot reveal. I love the Great Spirit Robot reveal as much as the next guy, but knowing that the trials and tribulations that our heroes had faced and bested, time and time again, had been put into jeopardy by the main villain in one foul swoop was quite the sobering fact. 

Such a wonderfully executed moment. Countless Matoran, the Turaga and the Toa Nuva themselves gathered up in the Coliseum to celebrate the fulfillment of the Toa Nuva's destiny. We've done it, everyone thought. The atmosphere resonates with the sound of a familiar voice and the stars align to form the shape of the Kraahkan. What we had thought was the path to victory was the path towards the success of Teridax's plan. Brilliant. Just... brilliant. *Blows kisses towards the sky* 

• Upvote 1

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

The video of mata nui cracking asunder as the GSR stood up for the first time. Easy.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

"You are not the first Toa" at the end of 2003.

Not as ground-breaking as Great Spirit robot reveal perhaps, but at the time it carried huge implications and served to expand the Bionicle universe greatly. It made me really excited for the next year so I could see what Vakama meant.

• Upvote 4

Not as ground-breaking as Great Spirit robot reveal perhaps,

I see what you did there...

• Upvote 3

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

The scene where Makuta emerges as a corrupted-looking matoran and gives his little speech to the Toa. Love that scene.

The scene where Lewa somehow knew that the walls near the Bahrag were false and could pass right through them was pretty cool too.

A few other quickies: Axxon shattering the tub of antidermis, Makuta transforming the stars into the shape of the Kraahkan towards the end of '08, and the scene in the Creeps from the Deep music video (pretty sure that's the one) where Dekar is falling off a cliff and a tentacle reaches up, grabs him by the leg, and pulls him down into the darkness.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Yeah, it's kind of an obvious answer to this question. :P But the revelation that the MU was a robot really did blow my mind when it was revealed, and I still think its one of best reveals of the Gen 1 story.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Mata Nui Rising, "You are not the first Toa!" - amazing twists. Very unexpected and really got you intrigued with the plot.

Mata Nui Online Game still blows my mind - I tried it again a few days ago with a friend and we were commenting how an online game of that scale for the sake of promoting a toyline would probably never happen this day in age.

I think one of the stand-out moments for me was in the comic where Tahu pulls out the Mask of Time. We always wondered what the deal with the Vahi was, and that was its first appearance in canon Bionicle media. So it was quite the memorable moment, and it was better when accompanied by the mask's backstory the very next year with Legends of Metru Nui.

-NotS

• Upvote 4

tahubanner.jpg

What blew my mind was not necessarily the giant robot reveal, rather it was the subsequent revelations of all the clues we had been given.  Like the unbreakable layer of protodermis in MNOG1, Karda Nui was the Heart of the World, Mata Nui is Maori for "Great Face" (amongst other landmarks which were words for mouth, eyes, and nose), and Greg's enigmatic "Finding Mata Nui is the easy part, it's knowing that you've found him."

Suddenly it all made sense...

• Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...

In a meta sense, Bionicle's original run ending. I was so shocked and saddened when one of the biggest influences to my childhood was ending, and there was so much potential to be had post-2009. Well, nothing lasts forever, and I soon accepted it ending, despite thinking up ways it could continue with new stories and concepts. (None of which were that original, tbh)

...then it came back, and that was equally mind blowing. I wasn't that excited since the New Zelda was announced in 2014.

In sense of the story, probably the ending of the Second movie. "Wait, this is a prequel?! What the heck was that ending?!" Was my initial reaction. It helps that I loosely followed the lore then and took plenty of creative liberties.

• Upvote 1

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

All of Time Trap. It came as a bit of a shock, but to see both Vakama and Teridax coinciding with each other was interesting to see. It was also shocking when Vakama blackmailed Teridax to leave the matoran for 1000 years, or else he would destroy the mask of time, ending the universe.

I also felt mind-blown with Mata Nui being a giant robot, with citizens living inside it, only to be suddenly controlled by Teridax. That whole concept had M.Night Shyamalan's name written all over it.

BEHOLD.....THE DREAM TEAM! COMING SOON.... :o

~ Oh hi thar, here are some quotes: ~

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all" -Toa Mata Tahu, MNOG

"Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villans and come home covered in glory. Sometimes, he has to make a sacrifice so that a lot of people he's never met before and who don't know his name can live."

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

Makuta showing up as a Matoran and Makuta being responsible for the creation of the Toa Metru were the biggest surprises for me, I think.  Although that second one probably had less meaning than it was supposed to, I think.  "The Great Spirit proclaims it- we are Toa!"  There, Nuju said it for you.  Mata Nui approves.  No need to angst for half a year about why it happened. :P

• Upvote 1

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Mata Nui revelation and the announcement of Bionicle's cancellation. Both were the most mind blowing things in G1 for me, latter-most affected my life a lot. It's because of that that a couple years later I abandoned Bionicle and BZPower and doubled down on Social Studies as a hobby.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

• 2 years later...

Makuta took over Mata Nui; when I first saw it I was like ‘yay, happy ending!’ but then his eyes turn red and I’m just like ‘oh ######’. Come on! Why couldn’t LEGO just let Matoro’s sacrifice be worth it?!

Hey ToaOfStars, please make sure to check the date of the last post in a topic before you reply. The last post before yours was made in June 2016-- almost three years ago! This counts as topic revival.

If you'd like to continue this discussion, feel free to make a new topic. :)

Topic closed.