LEGO Reveals 10253 Big Ben

10253_Big_Ben_Announcement_teaser.jpg

Today LEGO is announcing their latest Creator Expert set, one that will sure to excite natives of the British Isles and Anglophiles alike! 10253 Big Ben is an amazing recreation of the famous clock tower along with a portion of Westminister Palace and the Elizabeth Tower. Weighing in at 4,163 pieces, it looks to be a truly challenging build that results in an amazingly-detailed set. LEGO Store VIPs will be able to purchase it starting June 15th, with everyone else getting their opportunity on July 1st. Read on for hi-res images and the full press release! What do you think of this set? Is it going on your wishlist?

View the full article

Well, thank goodness!

After they announced Adventure Time as a set I was sure LEGO was doomed.

Why would LEGO making a single set based on a popular cartoon spell doom for LEGO? They've made entire themes based on movies that bombed (Speed Racer, Prince of Persia, The Lone Ranger) and still managed to come out sparkling.

Anyway, this set looks phenomenal, and has a great value! Not sure if I'll be getting it, but the design appears to be spot-on!

Well, thank goodness!

Why would LEGO making a single set based on a popular cartoon spell doom for LEGO? They've made entire themes based on movies that bombed (Speed Racer, Prince of Persia, The Lone Ranger) and still managed to come out sparkling.

Because Adventure Time is a show that has barely any consistency within itself and is terrible grounds to being a line of sets upon. It's kinda like the idea for a Nintendo line; it wouldn't last or make much money, the exception being Nintendo makes money off of anything it touches.

Well, thank goodness!

Because Adventure Time is a show that has barely any consistency within itself and is terrible grounds to being a line of sets upon. It's kinda like the idea for a Nintendo line; it wouldn't last or make much money, the exception being Nintendo makes money off of anything it touches.

Again, though, nobody ever said anything about Adventure Time getting a LINE of sets. All that's been announced is one single Ideas set. And I see no reason it wouldn't make money. There are plenty of companies that have been making Adventure Time merchandise for years and continue doing so, so obviously somebody's buying it.

I don't see why Nintendo sets would be a bad move either. "Consistency within itself" has never been necessary for a LEGO license to succeed or last — if it were, then Batman sets wouldn't be remotely successful, given that Batman, Robin, the Batmobile, the Joker and so forth vary wildly from one appearance to the next.