Frax, The Hunter

27133247405_030f74b3a7_c.jpg

Skakdi of the tundra plains, Frax roams the icy wasteland with mercenary objectives. Armed with a small knife and the Bow of the Icy Winds, which absorbs wind and frost from the air to fire bursts of icy death.  

27099742186_0708d59f42_c.jpg

My first venture into this style of large scale yet minimalist design, a scale I plan on exploring more in the future - he's by no means perfect, but I'm very happy with how he turned out. :)    

Some more pictures available on my Flickr. :)
  • Upvote 7

It's quite nice indeed, the only thing that really bugs me  is the cut Thok head, call me purist if you will, but I'm sure that the spine could have work into the desgin one way or another. It's not like the head/neck is that free to move anyways so it wouldn't hinder it, but I could be wrong.

It's quite nice indeed, the only thing that really bugs me  is the cut Thok head, call me purist if you will, but I'm sure that the spine could have work into the desgin one way or another. It's not like the head/neck is that free to move anyways so it wouldn't hinder it, but I could be wrong.

I get the feeling the gold represents armour. It feels off to me to cover armour by internal bones, tbh.

Love the bow. It having three prongs on both sides gives it this aura of being some kind of ceremonial weapon.

I really think you pulled off the minimalistic design there. He feels pretty simple, while actually being plenty complex. Well done.

One question though...whe- where are his spines...?  :lookaround:  :wired:  :dontgetit: 

Alas, yes, the head is trimmed. The spines are too thin and spindly to match his bulky aesthetic, and as has already been mentioned, would have looked weird anyway with the neck. The spine I maybe could have got working, but definitely not the shoulder components. 

And thanks folks. :)