High-Res Summer 2016 Bionicle Images Appearing on cache.LEGO.com

The highly anticipated June release of the summer 2016 LEGO Bionicle sets is fast approaching, and in preparation for that, LEGO has uploaded high-resolution images of some of the new sets to cache.LEGO.com! Currently, only pictures for the Ekimu, Lava Beast, and Storm Beast sets have been added, but that still means 18 new images showing the sets' designs and functions in great detail. Read on for links to the new images, then share your thoughts in the Talkback topic!

View the full article

• Upvote 2

Huh, Storm Beast doesnt come with a stud for Kopaka's eye? Weird. Love the photos though. Can't wait to get the sets

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Huh, Storm Beast doesnt come with a stud for Kopaka's eye? Weird. Love the photos though. Can't wait to get the sets

Huh, it doesn't. Now I'm left with the burning question... if it did include a stud, what color would it be? Trans. Light Blue, like on the ones that come with Kopaka? Or Trans. Fluor. Green, which matches the two-color blend on the mask as well as the eye color for the Beasts?

I guess when I get it I'll just have to try out both!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Awesome!!!  :onfire:

The images sold me on Ekimu. He'll probably be my second purchase after Quake Beast. I'm also really liking Storm Beast.

Lava Beast looks really cool in the renders but I still think it's a pretty weak set...Weird legs, and I don't really like how his hands are built. Love the colors, chest print, and wings, though.

IetTsFQ.png

I do still wonder what significance the black and trans-red hunter mask holds. I suppose we'll find out when the story continues.

I'm really hoping that it isn't the Mask of Ultimate Power. That would be terribad.

Maybe the hunter mask melted a little? 

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

Really looking forward to the new Ekimu. I hope that Umarak's pictures are uploaded soon, because that is the other set I am looking forward to the most.

The beasts are not really doing it for me. Hopefully they will win me over in person, but the pictures are not raising my hopes. 

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

They're not too good for display, but I think I'll buy them for the building & play experience, not to mention the new pieces & recolors. (on a side note, am I the only disappointed by the fact that the elemental beasts are all humanoid, especially after seeing the creature sets?) 

• Upvote 1

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Wow, Ekimu actually looks really epic in some of these shots.

The Beasts, eh, still not too fond of their aesthetics BUT the original functions look so cool that I forgive em. They fall under Skull Scorpio territory - Ugly, but with amazing original functions so they get a pass.

Can't wait to pick em up!

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

It's a picture of Umarak the Destroyer that snuck into Ekimu the Mask Maker's pictures for some reason. He's a pretty cool new titan set, and a pretty neat design for a corrupted version of Umarak the Hunter. :)

It's a picture of Umarak the Destroyer that snuck into Ekimu the Mask Maker's pictures for some reason. He's a pretty cool new titan set, and a pretty neat design for a corrupted version of Umarak the Hunter. :)

Yeah, I used to think Umarak the Destroyer held no resemblance to Hunter because of the colour scheme and huge size discrepancy, but that high res pic in particular proved otherwise. The little details like the dangling chain on his right side and the leg design that translates the original figure's help keep the connection clear. I actually really respect that. Its so much better than the weird G1 Kongu Inika-to-Mahri-like transitions. This actually feels like a transformation that makes sense, so kudos to the designers for getting that right!

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg