BIONICLE - City of the Lost: "Downfall" (Animation)

Wait a second, I think that... wait... yep, that was a heart attack. The nostalgia is real. 

Also, if you ever decide to make that short, I'd again be extremely willing to help with voice-acting/casting/anything!

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

I freaking LOVE your Matoro model. It screams 'Miramax', yet it's so true to the set! The animation itself is simply haunting. Mahri Nui's dark, watery atmosphere is captured perfectly, as is the grim reality of Mata Nui's death. 

Keep up the good work! If you're still making a full-length fan film, I'd be happy to voice a character! (Or if you need dialogue for future shorts, either way.)

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

This is really cool. You do a great job of capturing the frantic mood set in place by the need to get the Mask of Life where it needs to go. The shot of Mahri Nui at the beginning was really cool too. 

I wish you good luck on your next project! :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

That's amazing, as was The Arrival when I checked it out. Like Dallior and Ksprice45, I would be happy to help with anything you might need help on, be it adaptation or voice-acting. Full-length movies of this sort of thing would be amazing.

Are you only thinking on making an Inika film or is there a chance you could make these sorts of things for all the years without movies? Just curious.

Edited by The Hero Nuva Kaita Nui

To all BIONICLE fanfiction writers - send me your work, I'd genuinely love to read it - especially canon compliant pieces. I'm always looking for more such material to read and to circulate with my friends.

I don't know what I can say that hasn't been said already but well done. Beautifully done and excellent job of designing Matoro in the miramax style.

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

WOW, this is phenomenal! Just like your last animation with Jala, this really captures the atmosphere and emotional weight of the scenes you're depicting -- you really used that music to your advantage! Gave me chills :D

I love your artistic license with the Matoro model, a lot of really interesting and inventive creative choices there, and really well executed too. I really hope you make more of these, because they really bring Bionicle to life again after all these years :) Great work! You've really got a talent for this!

I've been meaning to ask, what software did you use to make this?

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

This looks great! A minor issue, however, is the tube going to a tank. They are supposed to be external gills, and I would have maybe some slits in the tubes in an on-and-off series between the ring dividers. There's naught I can do, however, since I know I wouldn't be able to make you have unless I was given a couple years. :lol: Again, that is minor, doesn't take away from the animation.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Oh my god. This is awesome! I also checked out that "Arrival" video of yours, Jaller is perfect.

The music from the movies really adds that "made by LEGO" feel, it looks original. How much time did this take? (3d modeling and animating).

Seriously, great job!

Edited by Hidron Nuva

hidron_nuva_idea.png

I'd like to thank BZPower for featuring this on the main page! It has always been a dream of mine to see my artwork featured since I joined this site 10 years ago! So thank you! ^_^

And thank you all for the lovely comments and support. I am glad that when it comes to voice acting, I can always find a helping hand here.

I might add a better look at Mahri-Nui later on.

That's amazing, as was The Arrival when I checked it out. Like Dallior and Ksprice45, I would be happy to help with anything you might need help on, be it adaptation or voice-acting. Full-length movies of this sort of thing would be amazing.

Are you only thinking on making an Inika film or is there a chance you could make these sorts of things for all the years without movies? Just curious.

Thank you for also checking out 'The Arrival'. I only really intend to work on the years we didn't get any sort of story animation for those years (2006 - 2008). 2001-2002 had the flash animations and then the Miramax movies came out for 2003-2005. But never say never! I've had requests to see the Toa Mata in movie form. ^_^

WOW, this is phenomenal! Just like your last animation with Jala, this really captures the atmosphere and emotional weight of the scenes you're depicting -- you really used that music to your advantage! Gave me chills :D

I love your artistic license with the Matoro model, a lot of really interesting and inventive creative choices there, and really well executed too. I really hope you make more of these, because they really bring Bionicle to life again after all these years :) Great work! You've really got a talent for this!

I've been meaning to ask, what software did you use to make this?

I used 3DS Max for the Modeling, Texturing, Rigging, and animating Matoro. Zbrush for modeling the platform of Mahri Nui, and After Effects for compositing and sound design. :)

Oh my god. This is awesome! I also checked out that "Arrival" video of yours, Jaller is perfect.
The music from the movies really adds that "made by LEGO" feel, it looks original. How much time did this take? (3d modeling and animating).
Seriously, great job!

Thanks for also checking out my other stuff as well! It took me about 3 months for "The Arrival", and 1 to 2 for "Downfall"

--Tohkann T.O.A

• Upvote 3

Creepy and suspenseful in the end of the video, but I love it! Awesome job, man! I like how you made Matoro! He looks like a mix of the first Bionicle movie trilogy and Bionicle: The Legend Reborn movie! As I said, awesome job and graphics, man!:D (clapping hands)

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Another masterpiece. Makes me want a Bionicle G1 animated series for the Ignition period and maybe even the year of Karda Nui, if not beyond.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

He looks like a mix of the first Bionicle movie trilogy and Bionicle: The Legend Reborn movie!

That's exactly what I was thinking. This animation style would make for a perfect segue between the movie trilogy and The Legend Reborn.

Thank you for also checking out 'The Arrival'. I only really intend to work on the years we didn't get any sort of story animation for those years (2006 - 2008). 2001-2002 had the flash animations and then the Miramax movies came out for 2003-2005. But never say never! I've had requests to see the Toa Mata in movie form. ^_^

I certainly hope so (for all of them).

Edited by The Hero Nuva Kaita Nui

To all BIONICLE fanfiction writers - send me your work, I'd genuinely love to read it - especially canon compliant pieces. I'm always looking for more such material to read and to circulate with my friends.

This looks insanely good, almost as if we've taken a leap into an alternate dimension where the 4th and 5th Bionicle movies were based on the Inika and Mahri respectively. You have a talent for this sort of thing, and it would be a shame if you were to ever give it up. Great job!

Also, as many others have said before, I'd be more than happy to help with voice acting or anything else that may be needed, should you ever decide to make a full-length version.

why is this happening

Wow! This is incredible. I really felt like I was watching something the original animators made, thats how awesome it is! If you do end up making these into a Voya Nui movie, I would love to help out with voice acting. Keep up the good work!

• 3 weeks later...

*impressed whistling from nowhere* Now THAT is GOOOOOD animating skills. Quick ones, if I'm understanding right. Very nice. Suggestions following below: \/

If you want, I can probably assist with the Voya Nui movie(BEFORE mahri nui, would be nice to see a movie of that), only...I have one request if you DO make the Voya Nui movie...Please do the scene in the books when Hahli takes off her mask, realizes its alive, and Nuparu slams his head into the ceiling...Especially the Nuparu bit. That will ALWAYS make me laugh when I read it. Oh, and about the swords and gear for the Inika lightning effect...Perhaps, just perhaps, it would be more accurate to the description of the weapons, what little we see in the books, as more normalized weapons(Claymore(I see Matoro's energized icicle blade as a claymore for some reason), broadsword(Jaller's Energized Flame Sword), a harpoon gun that has a harpoon beneath a sniper barrel((Hahli's laser harpoon)), perhaps for Nuparu's Laser Drill a sort of...You could probably come up with a better idea of Nuparu's weapon design than me. Anywho...Hewkii's laser axe would be a war-ax, short-stalked heads(They are close to the shaft and hilt), Kongu's laser crossbow could stay the way it is, and then...then, there is the lightning effects that the weapons and elemental powers have. I suggest that they are nice, simple lightning: One-color, thin lines all around. That all good? Again, good animations you got here.

• 1 month later...

This one is just as impressive as the other one. Like that other one, I'm guessing this is just a test scene that may not appear in the movie, assuming of course if you plan on eventually creating full-length movies of the 2006 and 2007 (and possibly even 2008) Bionicle story.

As mentioned in the other topic, creating the models is the first step. Have you completed any of the other characters (Toa Inika, Piraka, Toa Mahri, Barraki)? If so, would you be willing to show us your current progress?

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

This one is just as impressive as the other one. Like that other one, I'm guessing this is just a test scene that may not appear in the movie, assuming of course if you plan on eventually creating full-length movies of the 2006 and 2007 (and possibly even 2008) Bionicle story.

As mentioned in the other topic, creating the models is the first step. Have you completed any of the other characters (Toa Inika, Piraka, Toa Mahri, Barraki)? If so, would you be willing to show us your current progress?

Inika Matoro is next~ ^_^

And thank y'all for the nice comments!

--Tohkann T.O.A

• 1 month later...

Regardless of however long it takes, I'll always be looking forward to anything new on this project of yours. It's highly ambitious, but there's no doubt that people here will highly appreciate whatever progress you make.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

• 3 years later...
  • Black Six featured this topic
  • 2 months later...