HF RPG 2.5: Discussion

Voltex

Except we'd be voting for our five preferred candidates.

Even if everyone put in one vote for themselves, they'd still have to vote for four other people. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Yeah, this is really just voting for the five people you think would make a good team.

I think if we're good to go we can have Tex set up that blog post soon. Meanwhile, I'll write up a draft of the newsletter. Nothin' big, just a rundown of everything we've discussed so far, plus a link to Tex's blog post.

Edited by FallenCor
  • Upvote 1

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

It's not really a reboot, it's more of a continuation. But feel free to make a new character! You can even still use your old characters, in addition to the new one.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Upvote 2

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Are we being strict with the 5 GM Council, or could there be a sixth member? It seems to me that the player base is pretty evenly split between Rylinth Anderfel and Amaztastical Lynn.

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

Generally speaking, an odd number of people is going to make for a more efficient decision-making process. If we have six members, there's always the possibility of the council becoming divided over an issue. 

At least, that was my train of thought when I initially suggested the idea. 

• Upvote 3

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Are we being strict with the 5 GM Council, or could there be a sixth member? It seems to me that the player base is pretty evenly split between Rylinth Anderfel and Amaztastical Lynn.

Generally speaking, an odd number of people is going to make for a more efficient decision-making process. If we have six members, there's always the possibility of the council becoming divided over an issue. 

At least, that was my train of thought when I initially suggested the idea. 

plus, there is a point when it starts becoming way too crowded, in a sense.

five is good.

• Upvote 3

If it becomes an issue, we could always merge the two of them into Rylynnth. :P

• Upvote 5

hey, so here's the new char:

(I might end up playing theta or vandal as well, but I'll start with this one for now)

Name: Skylor “Sky” Sparrowhawk

Character Type: Hero

Abilities/Equipment: Sky possesses a pair of kinetic propulsion units on her back which allow her to fly and swoop like a bird, including jumping into flight from a standing start. With this power she can soar and glide above the rooftops, although it is not without its limitations. This form of propulsion works using a series of jets - this means that Sky doesn't need to be over a nearby surface to fly, but it is very difficult to hover as to do so means constantly adjusting and changing the direction of these jets to stay relatively stationary. Flying takes about the same amount of effort as running, and going too high deprives her robot body of the oxygen needed for basic functions and cooling mechanisms. She also has a kinetic blaster powerful enough to knock medium sized enemies away, although if she fires it while in the air it requires some close attention to counteract the gun’s recoil. The gun also requires reloading with fresh chemical power cells after twenty seconds of firing, whether fired continuously or in bursts - she carries these power cells at any time that she carries the blaster. The blaster is relatively rapid fire, although there is a delay of between one and two seconds between each shot. In addition to this custom-made weapon, Sky also carries a generic taser - with a range of about a meter and enough spark to put a civilian on the ground. Sky’s build is slight, agile and quick, but only lightly armoured.  Her mind is wired to cope well in, and even enjoy, high adrenaline situations, making her reflex time uncommonly good. She is trained in marksmanship.

Appearance: Sky is average height for a hero, but of below average bulk and armour. What armour she has, as well as her frame, appears in varying shades of sky blue, accompanied by small sections of light silver, gunmetal and even white. On her back, the outstretched structures which her kinetic propulsion units are mounted on are shaped like the wings of a bird. They are rigid, but can angle and turn on ball joints, while the jets mounted on them can swivel themselves - all of this can be adjusted by Sky with a thought. The wings are coloured blue and white, with the colours of the ‘feathers’ alternating. All of her form is constructed in a streamlined way so that every component fits together gracefully. Her hero core and eyes are somewhere between gold and silver in colour, and glow. Sections of her body have been tattooed (although ‘graffitied’ might describe it better) with gold, silver and cyan writing and symbols - a touch she has added herself. Sky’s helmet is as streamlined as the rest of her, and includes a large transparent visor that can appear over her eyes - information about Sky’s environment can also be projected onto the inside of this visor. Like most hero helmets, Sky’s has a built-in communicator and can fold back into a more open mode when not in use.

Bio: Sky is a relatively new Hero, having served the Hero Factory for a little under six months. With large sections of the Hero Factory having been destroyed in that time, she missed a notable amount of the training which a hero would usually receive, and so is relatively inexperienced. To give her at least some exposure to the outside world, she was sent on a variety of relatively low risk operations around the city alongside more accomplished teams. From the start, she was a wild card, searching for excitement and intrigue in even the most mundane of tasks. Throughout her so far short life serving the Hero Factory, she has proved somewhat useful, but also unruly and unserious. Her rebellious nature (and she would laugh to hear it called anything so severe) has gone so far as to disobey (or ‘reinterpret’) direct orders on more than one occasion. At the moment, she still seeks adventure within Makuhero City.

Edited by The Silent King
  • Upvote 2

Kathok

Oh I haven't been here in a while. Had no idea this was happening. Makes sense though. Soft reboot would work great for me.

Name: Kavok Quake

Powers and abilities: Minigun can use radioactive materials (as long as he's near some) for more harmful blasts.

He is also very good at making bombs.

Weapons: One small hand made mingun that attaches to his arm via the large ammo holder on his upper arm.

Appearance:

tumblr_nx3muh3u5t1tkkw4ko1_540.jpg

This minus the red printing on his chest.

Bio: A villain, but one with good intentions. After having his home destroyed by a hero due to an accident in a mission, and seeing various people he considered innocent imprisoned by HF he comes to conclusion that hero factory is an oppressive organization that should be destroyed. 

• Upvote 1

It's time to move on.

*sees HF RPG*

Oh yeah, that game! I might as well go check it out since I'll get more free time what with the school year ending and...

*sees topic is closed and the GM banned*

...I am very confused. 

QUESTION 1: Is this joint discussion and play-space? If so, neat-o scooter.

QUESTION 2: When does the game... continue?

Edited by Dallior
  • Upvote 2

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Hi! As to your first question: I believe a separate "play" topic will be opened in the near future.  To the second: we're currently voting on our top five players to form a "GM Council." Once these individuals have been decided upon, the game will continue. At least, that's how I understand the situation. I may have missed something though.

• Upvote 4

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

OFFICIAL PSA

Alright folks, just a heads up, VOTING will remain open for another 24 hours, and then we'll do the final tally. 

• Upvote 2

Hi! As to your first question: I believe a separate "play" topic will be opened in the near future.  To the second: we're currently voting on our top five players to form a "GM Council." Once these individuals have been decided upon, the game will continue. At least, that's how I understand the situation. I may have missed something though.

200w.gif

~~~

By the way, let's hold off on posting any more character profiles, seeing as there's nobody to approve them right now. Apologies for not saying anything about that before. X'D

• Upvote 2

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

Welcome back. 

There's still time left to vote for the new GMs. 

Speaking of which, here is the final tally as it stands:

ZippyWharrgarbl 14
Vestak 0
The Old Master 14
Rylinth Anderfel 9
FallenCor 12
The Amaztastical Lynn 8
Toa Onaku 14

Which means our five GMs shall be Zippy, myself, Rylinth, Cor, and Onaku. I'll put together an official PM for staff communication, and once we've had some time to sort everything out, we'll get this show on the road.

As a side note, we'd like to ask that everyone hold off on posting profiles for just a little bit longer. We'll let you know when we're ready to start making approvals. Thank you, everyone, for your patience. 
  • Upvote 4

Alright everyone, we're still sorting out who's going to take care of the gameplay topic, but you can now begin re/posting profiles for approval. This way we won't get flooded the instant we open up the topic.

Just be aware, profiles will require appraisal from at least three different GMs before being considered to be approved. 

Apologies for the delays, and thank you all for your patience. 

• Upvote 1

Hey everyone! Thanks for bearing with us, I promise we'll be starting up soon- we're organising behind the scenes so we can start with as little jankiness as possible. It's hard work to organise a whole RPG! We're almost ready to start the "Breather Mission", we're just setting up information posts, figuring out what's going where, etc.

We've had two profiles sitting in here for a while, so I'll be doing the FIRST OFFICIAL GM APPROVAL OF CHARACTERS. Thanks for your patience, guys!

Oh I haven't been here in a while. Had no idea this was happening. Makes sense though. Soft reboot would work great for me.

Powers and abilities: Minigun can use radioactive materials (as long as he's near some) for more harmful blasts.

Weapons: One small hand made mingun that attaches to his arm via the large ammo holder on his upper arm.

Appearance:

Bio: A villain, but one with good intentions. After having his home destroyed by a hero due to an accident in a mission, and seeing various people he considered innocent imprisoned by HF he comes to conclusion that hero factory is an oppressive organization that should be destroyed.

I assume he fires normal bullets out of his minigun if he's got no radioactive matter? Also, I think we brought this up last time but I'm not sure, but radioactive waste doesn't do much to robots immediately. Pretty much, if it's on your armour and for whatever reason you just don't shower for a while, then it can start corroding the metal. It has more of an effect on circuitry, but it's still slow-action. Still, it'd do more damage than on the armour, because getting gunk out of your metal insides would be harder than just taking a shower.

I'm aware that Meltdown exists and has radioactive waste as a weapon, which I assume is similar to what Quake is going for. I have no idea how that guy does it, either. He used it in canon to transport nanobots, so my guess is his weapon is designed to breach the armour and get the gunk in that way.

Quake was approved beforehand, though, and is great, so I'm not gonna unapprove him. He and Thumper broke all of space and time once, and it was incredible. So, I'm going to say that the radioactive gunk would require the bullet to pierce through to circuitry to have extra damage- that, or get on someone who never bathes.

This all said, radiation would be pretty dang bad for organic creatures so the above "has to pierce armour" rule doesn't apply for them.

If that's all right with masterchirox, then Kavok Quake is approved (1/3 approvals). If masterchirox- or anyone- has an issue with any of that, then that's totally fine and I'll work with you for a workaround.

(I might end up playing theta or vandal as well, but I'll start with this one for now)

Name:[/size] Skylor “Sky” Sparrowhawk[/size]

Character Type:[/size] Hero[/size]

Abilities/Equipment:[/size] Sky possesses a pair of kinetic propulsion units on her back which allow her to fly and swoop like a bird, including jumping into flight from a standing start and, with concentration, hovering. She also has a rapid fire kinetic blaster powerful enough to knock medium sized enemies away, although if she fires it while in the air it requires some close attention to counteract the gun’s recoil. The gun also requires reloading with fresh chemical power cells after thirty seconds of firing continuously - she carries these power cells at any time that she carries the blaster. In addition to this custom-made weapon, Sky also carries a generic taser - with a range of about a meter and enough spark to put a civilian on the ground - and two steel fighting knives - for when things get up close and personal. Sky’s build is slight, agile and quick, but only lightly armoured. Her mind is wired to cope well in, and even enjoy, high adrenaline situations, making her reflex time uncommonly good. She is trained in marksmanship and basic knife fighting.[/size]

Appearance: [/size]Sky is average height for a hero, but of below average bulk and armour. What armour she has, as well as her frame, appears in varying shades of sky blue, accompanied by small sections of light silver, gunmetal and even white. On her back, the outstretched structures which her kinetic propulsion units are mounted on are shaped like the wings of a bird. They are rigid, but can angle and turn on ball joints, while the jets mounted on them can swivel themselves - all of this can be adjusted by Sky with a thought. The wings are coloured blue and white, with the colours of the ‘feathers’ alternating. All of her form is constructed in a streamlined way so that every component fits together gracefully. Her hero core and eyes are somewhere between gold and silver in colour, and glow. Sections of her body have been tattooed (although ‘graffitied’ might describe it better) with gold, silver and cyan writing and symbols - a touch she has added herself. Sky’s helmet is as streamlined as the rest of her, and includes a large transparent visor that can appear over her eyes - information about Sky’s environment can also be projected onto the inside of this visor. Like most hero helmets, Sky’s has a built-in communicator and can fold back into a more open mode when not in use.[/size]

Bio: [/size]Sky is a relatively new Hero, having served the Hero Factory for a little under six months. From the start, she was a wild card, searching for excitement and intrigue in even the most mundane of tasks. All her missions so far have been within the city, where she has proved somewhat useful, but also unruly and unserious. Her rebellious nature (and she would laugh to hear it called anything so severe) has gone so far as to disobey (or ‘reinterpret’) direct orders on more than one occasion. At the moment, she still seeks adventure within Makuhero City.[/size]

Very nice character! I was just wondering about a few things, before I sign off on my third of the approval:

- How does her kinetic propulsion work? It sounds like some kind of "pushes away from the ground" deal, but if that's the case, there'd probably be a height limit or requires solid ground below her for it to work.

- Her weapon, I assume, also needs reloading when used on and off for an accumulative time of thirty seconds? This one's a pretty obvious answer but I figured I'd clarify.

- How powerful is the push, and how rapidly can the weapon fire? Thirty seconds of slamming a guy headfirst into a wall continually, with no chance of escape, sounds a little iffy. But if it's like, you make them fall over continuously for thirty seconds, that's not only hilarious but also less iffy. Thirty seconds seems a long time for a rapid fire weapon with an effect you can't escape from if it's rapid fire. Maybe have a delay between shots to allow the possibility of a dodge?

- She's "a little over six months" old- the Assembly Tower was destroyed around six months ago. It's a close call, and I'd recommend you think about her skill level if you want to change it. She'd be a pretty inexperienced rookie at six months old, with all this other stuff going down and all the training spheres and junk blown up! While not directly stated by the canon, it's a pretty safe assumption to say Heroes go through some kind of training beforehand- that would explain why Breez, Surge and Furno were selected as good enough to join Alpha Team as rookies. If everything was blown up, her training would have been more limited. Stuff about her going on missions would be...well, I'm willing to say they've taken her with more experienced Heroes for less dangerous missions, since with all the stuff that went down they'd be short-staffed. But she'd definitely be inexperienced, is what I'm getting at.

So, she's approvement pending from me, since there's a couple things that need clarifying here.

... I did not mean for my first character approval to be so long. ;a; They're both very very nice characters, and I'm not trying to be mean or rude- I just want to clarify some stuff.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Upvote 3

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Hey everyone! Thanks for bearing with us, I promise we'll be starting up soon- we're organising behind the scenes so we can start with as little jankiness as possible. It's hard work to organise a whole RPG! We're almost ready to start the "Breather Mission", we're just setting up information posts, figuring out what's going where, etc.

We've had two profiles sitting in here for a while, so I'll be doing the FIRST OFFICIAL GM APPROVAL OF CHARACTERS. Thanks for your patience, guys!

Appearance:

I assume he fires normal bullets out of his minigun if he's got no radioactive matter? Also, I think we brought this up last time but I'm not sure, but radioactive waste doesn't do much to robots immediately. Pretty much, if it's on your armour and for whatever reason you just don't shower for a while, then it can start corroding the metal. It has more of an effect on circuitry, but it's still slow-action. Still, it'd do more damage than on the armour, because getting gunk out of your metal insides would be harder than just taking a shower.

I'm aware that Meltdown exists and has radioactive waste as a weapon, which I assume is similar to what Quake is going for. I have no idea how that guy does it, either. He used it in canon to transport nanobots, so my guess is his weapon is designed to breach the armour and get the gunk in that way.

Quake was approved beforehand, though, and is great, so I'm not gonna unapprove him. He and Thumper broke all of space and time once, and it was incredible. So, I'm going to say that the radioactive gunk would require the bullet to pierce through to circuitry to have extra damage- that, or get on someone who never bathes.

This all said, radiation would be pretty dang bad for organic creatures so the above "has to pierce armour" rule doesn't apply for them.

If that's all right with masterchirox, then Kavok Quake is approved (1/3 approvals). If masterchirox- or anyone- has an issue with any of that, then that's totally fine and I'll work with you for a workaround.

Perhaps he has a fast-acting corrosive compound mixed in with the radioactive materials? 

The only other thing I'll point out is that we're getting rid of the whole "villain location" thing, so you can remove that whenever.

GM approval 2/3. :)

Abilities/Equipment:[/size] Sky possesses a pair of kinetic propulsion units on her back which allow her to fly and swoop like a bird, including jumping into flight from a standing start and, with concentration, hovering. She also has a rapid fire kinetic blaster powerful enough to knock medium sized enemies away, although if she fires it while in the air it requires some close attention to counteract the gun’s recoil. The gun also requires reloading with fresh chemical power cells after thirty seconds of firing continuously - she carries these power cells at any time that she carries the blaster. In addition to this custom-made weapon, Sky also carries a generic taser - with a range of about a meter and enough spark to put a civilian on the ground - and two steel fighting knives - for when things get up close and personal. Sky’s build is slight, agile and quick, but only lightly armoured. Her mind is wired to cope well in, and even enjoy, high adrenaline situations, making her reflex time uncommonly good. She is trained in marksmanship and basic knife fighting.[/size]

Appearance: [/size]Sky is average height for a hero, but of below average bulk and armour. What armour she has, as well as her frame, appears in varying shades of sky blue, accompanied by small sections of light silver, gunmetal and even white. On her back, the outstretched structures which her kinetic propulsion units are mounted on are shaped like the wings of a bird. They are rigid, but can angle and turn on ball joints, while the jets mounted on them can swivel themselves - all of this can be adjusted by Sky with a thought. The wings are coloured blue and white, with the colours of the ‘feathers’ alternating. All of her form is constructed in a streamlined way so that every component fits together gracefully. Her hero core and eyes are somewhere between gold and silver in colour, and glow. Sections of her body have been tattooed (although ‘graffitied’ might describe it better) with gold, silver and cyan writing and symbols - a touch she has added herself. Sky’s helmet is as streamlined as the rest of her, and includes a large transparent visor that can appear over her eyes - information about Sky’s environment can also be projected onto the inside of this visor. Like most hero helmets, Sky’s has a built-in communicator and can fold back into a more open mode when not in use.[/size]

Bio: [/size]Sky is a relatively new Hero, having served the Hero Factory for a little under six months. From the start, she was a wild card, searching for excitement and intrigue in even the most mundane of tasks. All her missions so far have been within the city, where she has proved somewhat useful, but also unruly and unserious. Her rebellious nature (and she would laugh to hear it called anything so severe) has gone so far as to disobey (or ‘reinterpret’) direct orders on more than one occasion. At the moment, she still seeks adventure within Makuhero City.[/size]

Very nice character! I was just wondering about a few things, before I sign off on my third of the approval:

- How does her kinetic propulsion work? It sounds like some kind of "pushes away from the ground" deal, but if that's the case, there'd probably be a height limit or requires solid ground below her for it to work.

- Her weapon, I assume, also needs reloading when used on and off for an accumulative time of thirty seconds? This one's a pretty obvious answer but I figured I'd clarify.

- How powerful is the push, and how rapidly can the weapon fire? Thirty seconds of slamming a guy headfirst into a wall continually, with no chance of escape, sounds a little iffy. But if it's like, you make them fall over continuously for thirty seconds, that's not only hilarious but also less iffy. Thirty seconds seems a long time for a rapid fire weapon with an effect you can't escape from if it's rapid fire. Maybe have a delay between shots to allow the possibility of a dodge?

- She's "a little over six months" old- the Assembly Tower was destroyed around six months ago. It's a close call, and I'd recommend you think about her skill level if you want to change it. She'd be a pretty inexperienced rookie at six months old, with all this other stuff going down and all the training spheres and junk blown up! While not directly stated by the canon, it's a pretty safe assumption to say Heroes go through some kind of training beforehand- that would explain why Breez, Surge and Furno were selected as good enough to join Alpha Team as rookies. If everything was blown up, her training would have been more limited. Stuff about her going on missions would be...well, I'm willing to say they've taken her with more experienced Heroes for less dangerous missions, since with all the stuff that went down they'd be short-staffed. But she'd definitely be inexperienced, is what I'm getting at.

So, she's approvement pending from me, since there's a couple things that need clarifying here.

... I did not mean for my first character approval to be so long. ;a; They're both very very nice characters, and I'm not trying to be mean or rude- I just want to clarify some stuff.

I'd lower the firing rate of the blaster to no more than fifteen seconds. Even for science-fiction thirty seconds is a bit much.

As to her arsenal as a whole, I hesitate to allow a rookie so many weapons. If she were a veteran, sure, I wouldn't have a problem with it... but it's very unlikely that the higher-ups would be okay with a rebel fresh out of the Assembly Tower running around with all of that. I'd nix either the taser or the knives. Once she has more experience under her belt, feel free to make a request for another weapon. :)

Edited by FallenCor

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

Appearance:

Looks fine to me, but like Zippy mentioned, the radioactive goo is going to require an armor breach to have maximum effect. Basically like using a poisoned weapon; the poison's only really going to mess someone up if it gets into a wound.

GM approval 3/3.

She has a bit too many weapons, but seeing as most of them are small close-range melee tools I'm willing to make an exception here. The gun definitely needs a tweak one way or the other, though. Either the delay between shots needs to be enough that a fast character can jump out of the way or the rapid-fire time needs to be toned down slightly.

Otherwise she looks great!

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer