HF RPG 2.5: Discussion

Voltex

(...an actual announcement in this topic along the lines of "PEOPLE CAN POST NOW" would have been helpful)

Whoops. I knew we'd eventually forget to do something. 

But yes, You Can Post Now. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Vestak, are your characters corresponding to the Hero/Villain/Civilian format? Apparently Morphos has a couple things off about his profile. Make sure you stick to the template! :D

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Shade Approved 1/3 I suppose.

EDIT: Oh right, forgot about The Scalpel. I'll give that an Approved 2/3.

Went back over the earlier profile; it all looks fine to me. Shade Approved x2, The Scalpel x1. 

I think Shade and The Scalpel got left behind again. Forgive me if I come across as impatient; I know everyone's busy and doing a swell job. I just want to make sure these profiles aren't forgotten.  :)

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

Name: Arsenal

Type: Villain

Powers/abilities: Arsenal lacks any real powers, but he more than makes up for it. As his name implies, he is a walking arsenal. His primary weapons are a pair of shoulder mounted rocket launchers, a machine gun embedded in his left wrist, a buzz saw mounted on his left forearm, and a large arm cannon mounted on his right forearm that fires a wide beam of destructive energy. The beam's damage is comparable to that of one of his rockets, with the main difference being that the beam is not limited to six shots apiece like the launchers are. He carries a belt with various types of grenades, including some that contain Oxidium. Arsenal doesn't have any protection from the Oxidium, so he only uses them when he knows for sure that he won't be caught in the explosion. Arsenal is quite strong, as one would have to be in order to properly use weapons such as his. However, he almost never uses this strength for combat, as he sees the act of fighting with one's fists as primitive. Arsenal is heavily armored, with smaller weapons doing very little damage to him. Stronger weapons such as rockets or sniper rifles will prove to be more effective. Lastly, as he hails from Rotor's homeworld, Arsenal has a large pair of rotor blades on his back, allowing him to fly. He can take off and land quickly, but he cannot fly fast enough to outrun a ship or a hero with a jetpack. The blades fold up like insect's wings when not in use. All of this combined makes Arsenal very slow moving when he's on the ground.

Appearance: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=563802 Obviously, the red bits from the pins and the launchers aren't on the actual character. 

Bio: Arsenal was once a slave, cursed to forever serve The Collective, the organic rulers of his homeworld. He did his job without question, until a large slave rebellion gave him a chance to escape. After his escape, Arsenal began to gather weapons in what was originally a ploy to protect himself from those sent to recapture him. It eventually grew into an obsession, with him now owning a collection that includes nearly a thousand unique weapons. These weapons are stored in various locations on multiple planets, where he can access them easily. He now primarily works as a mercenary, and has dabbled in bounty hunting as well. He has become very well known among the criminal underworld, and has gained a reputation for covering his tracks well. Due to his time serving The Collective, Arsenal has developed a hatred for powerful authority figures, leading to him attacking the Hero Factory whenever he got the chance. Now that his actions have gotten him captured, he has started to become more cautious of them.

During the events on Mechna, Arsenal fought against the hero Wilhelm Gorn. The hero's shield was completely destroyed in the encounter, but they were still able to win by causing one of the theme park rides to collapse on top of the mercenary. Fortunately, Arsenal was able to escape before he could be recaptured. Months after the events occurred, Arsenal has been attacked increasingly often by various bounty hunters. He has been unable to extract the name of their employer from any of them.

The parts of Arsenal's bio referencing "The Collective" and Rotor's homeworld are references to something Zippy has in the works, not stuff I just pulled out of nowhere. 

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Time to drag an old fan favourite out of the dank confines of my profile document. 

Name: Anamnesis.

Character Type: Villain.

Abilities/Equipment: As a being composed almost entirely of data and energy, Anamnesis constantly requires more power to properly recharge his core and sustain his physical form, usually by directly draining generators, engines, fuel cells, power lines, weapons, other robots, etc. through physical contact. He can also use this power to generate electric/energy based attacks, however doing so will obviously drain his energy reserves significantly. 

Due to this near-constant need to feed, he will eventually fade and dissipate if he is unable to access enough power. Likewise, EMP weaponry will have a detrimental impact on him, although regular weapons can still harm him quite effectively. His nature allows him to interface with machinery and computers through touch, and he’s able to sense energy, allowing him to easily seek out sustenance.

Appearance: Essentially being a shapeshifter, he can take on any sort of physical form he wants, manipulating the energy of his body to change colour, increase temperature, and form blades, claws, spikes, or whatever other form of appendage suits his needs. This ability is limited, however, as he cannot compress his base form into anything smaller than a civilian, or expand it to be much larger than the average hero. When low on power or trying to conserve it, his form appears semi-transparent, crackling and distorted. 

MOC: http://i.imgur.com/QRkL1GK.png

Bio: After the events of the Breakout, some in Hero Factory lost confidence in the current heroes’ ability to repel another attack on the factory. They saw the current generation of heroes as weak, weighed down by outdated morals and ethics. They wanted to create a new, stronger hero, one that that would disregard these unimportant concepts in favour of simply doing what needed to be done.

While the assembly tower was closed for maintenance, the would-be revolutionaries made their move. Using a stolen Quaza core, they began their experiment, attempting to essentially hack into the consciousness housed within it and reprogram it, as well as create a body befitting of such a unique being. The end result was Anamnesis, a pragmatic entity with a curious fondness of anagrams, composed entirely of pure energy and raw data. When they realised that their creation refused to obey them, however, the creators attempted to destroy it. Their efforts, it seemed, were successful, and the incident was quickly covered up.

But Anamnesis was not destroyed, merely in hiding. Observing, learning, and waiting for the time to get revenge on those who sought to so callously cast him aside. He made his move, slaying his creators and exposing the corruption at the heart of Hero Factory to its residents. He was captured, but escaped during the destruction of Hero Factory, and hasn’t been seen since. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

First of all, Kat approved 3/3, Shade and Scalpel both approved 3/3

Now, I think it's time for my first batch of profiles.

Name: Yofrid Atgeir

Character Type: Civilian

Abilities/Equipment: Yofrid has a massive glaive which she is excellent at handling in combat. She also shares enhanced speed and strength with Kaiba, although she also has extremely strong legs, which allow her to leap large distances, as well as charge at her opponents swiftly and lethally. To contrast her brother is a freezing beam which she can shoot from her hands, eyes and even feet and mouth.

Appearance: She has the appearance of a tall, powerful female viking warrior, with copper and brass coloured super-alloy plating making up her armour, as well as some silver high-lights and interwoven patterns to round out her colour scheme. Her helmet is shaped like a bear's head, and her eyes are a deep blue.

Bio: Yofrid was a vigilant Proto-hero back in her day, but when they took the fall, she among her siblings was scrapped and melted down. Somehow, her memory core survived, and was acquired by Kaiba Blader. A century later, Kaiba had finished building a new body for Yofrid, and installed the memory core into it, essentially reviving her. Realizing that she needed to adjust to her new body and the new world she had awakened to, after the heroes returned to their city she left for its outskirts, building herself an impressive meadhall where she would then reside. A while later she turned to making a business out of the meadhall, serving alcohol (and its equivalent for robots) as well as renting out the rooms.

Name: Penelope "Peppy" Starburst (Formerly known as Penelope Darkshade)

Character type: Hero

Abilities/Equipment: 
"Starburst": Peppy has the power to create glowing ember-like apparitions as well as flashes which serve little purpose other than to distract enemies. She can control their brightness, all the way up to them being blindingly bright. This ability is actually only a sub-set of her real powers, which is the power to manipulate light particles in an area. This was meant to allow her to cloak herself from others by creating zones of darkness, but she went in a completely different direction with it. 

Movement: She is also extraordinarily agile, and can fly using similar mechanisms as Saracen Rune, what with gravity manipulators and such, although modified to allow her only to reach up to 75% of her terminal velocity, as anything higher would put a strain on her body. In any case, they allow her to accelerate by 1G, aka 9.8m/s2.

Weapons: Although she originally possessed two vibro-daggers and a silent energy gun, she has since discarded them for a two-handed golden staff with a five-point star on one end. She can use it for close combat, although it also helps her to channel her "starburst" ability. She calls it "The Celestial Wand".

Appearance: Originally, Peppy was clad in mean-looking jet-black armour, and had red glowing eyes and core, with her helmet shaped like a skull. She has since changed her appearance, and now sports softer-looking pink and white armour. Replacing her skull helmet is a very stylized and cartoony looking skull-shaped helmet with wings on either side that resemble large puffy ponytails. Her eyes and core still glow red, but she has modified both with glass that turns the light bold pink. She has always had a short and slender build.

Bio: Originally built to be an assassin build black-ops hero, Peppy rejected that role to become a regular hero. She now takes on missions just as any of her other fellow heroes, and brings a cheery, and often at times overly optimistic, disposition to the battlefield. How ever, she can be a very efficient fighter when battling an opponent, to the point of some heroes thinking her mannerisms are just a deception to make opponents lower their guard. In reality it's just her true personality, but it does achieve said effect of deception at times.
After the destruction of the factory, Peppy needed a place to stay while the factory was being repaired. Having by a strange turn of events befriended Yofrid during and after the Mechna incident, she was allowed to stay in one of the rooms at Yofrid's meadhall in exchange for her occasionally serving as a waitress while off duty.

Alright, I'm not seeing any glaring issues, so Arsenal, Yofrid and Peppy all Approved x1.

Arsenal Approved 3/3

He's got a ton of weapons, but hey, can't really expect anything else from a guy with a name like that

Anamnesis approved 2/3

Maybe with Echo back online we'll get a rematch down the road.  :D

Yotfrig Atgeir and "Peppy" Starburst both approved 2/3

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

Well you see Scorp, I'm so cool and awesome that my vote counts for two

Anyway whoops. I'm sure someone will get on that. I'll keep working on profiles but in the meantime I'll do some approvals.

Arsenal is approved (3/3). Also I'm still writing up that mission and plotting out what's going down with it exactly, but once I have a more concrete idea I'm keen to get Arsenal involved, if you're interested.

Anamnesis approved (2/3).

Yofrid approved (2/3). Hopefully she's licenced to run a tavern.

Starburst approved (2/3).

I think we're up to date now? Hopefully.

EDIT: Whoops didn't see Rylinth's post. Well consider all of these DOUBLE APPROVED

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Anamnesis approved 2/3

Maybe with Echo back online we'll get a rematch down the road.  

Oh, hush you. :P

They want pretty much the same thing now, I think they'd more likely wind up allies than enemies. 

Okay I have two done, woo!

Name: Eloise Thumper (Alter Ego: La Puno de Hierro)

Character Type: Hero

Abilities/Equipment:

-          Thumper is a walking tank. She’s made for strength and endurance, similar to Bulk. She’s heavily armoured and entirely immune to pain- though she will still sustain damage from attacks, she can’t feel them. She can, however, feel touch and emotional pain.

-          Due to a personal interest and a modified training regime, she’s got a lot of skill in hand-to-hand combat, largely regarding wrestling, boxing, and other such techniques.

-          She occasionally fights with two large, heavy gloves, looking like a fusion of fingered boxing gloves and brass knuckles. She is not proficient with blasters, to put it lightly, and will use them rarely if at all.

Appearance: Thumper is physically large and burly, designed for missions where brute force is required. She stands head and shoulders above the average Hero, and is easily wider than one too. She often wears a belt- specifically, a replica of the Champion Belt from the Makuro Wrestling Federation Championships. She considers it training to get used to the real one. Her colours are red, orange and green. Her core, like her eyes, is yellow. She's often wearing a friendly smile and seems genuinely happy to be here.

Here's a terrible MSPaint image of her. Drawn super quick to reflect her colour scheme (an attempt was made at a luchador palette), maybe one day I’ll make an actual picture for her.

Bio: Eloise Thumper is not the brightest bulb by a long shot, and is little help for missions of stealth or espionage. She’s a genuinely caring, nice person, despite her love of violent sport. Outside of the ring, she does not have a mean bone in her body. She, however, will fight crime to the best of her ability with what she has learned in her matches. She is devoutly loyal to the Hero Factory and forces of good in general.

Her most obvious hobby is various styles of boxing, wrestling, et cetera. She's won a few Newbie League trophies and medals outside of the Hero Factory, and though has been warned repeatedly about not taking it above that level and 'putting on kid gloves' for those she faces, her team leader Dorothy Quark has had some stern words with Hero Factory administration, and she has been given permission to move up in rank. She does tend to be confused about why her fellow Heroes refuse to train with her. She does not realise that, after seeing her perform a perfect elbow-drop into a training drone so forcefully that she flattens it, they hesitate to put themselves in any situation that involves going up against her. Also, she's terrifyingly aggressive in the ring, like she's another person altogether- in her wrestling persona, she is La Puno de Hierro, the Iron Fist of Hero Factory.

A very by-the-book Hero, she has memorised the Hero handbook from cover to cover and it's one of the few things outside of wrestling that she has almost encyclopaedic knowledge on. She does what she feels is right, and when that's too much of a grey area, she turns to the manual. She is not fond of breaking rules.

She’s got a “secret” crush on Dunkan Bulk, and is a big fan of his. She’s been on a few missions with him and though she is able to function in his presence, she’s rarely at full coherency, especially if his presence has taken her by surprise. Other Heroes, she treats with friendliness, and considers most people to be her friend on some level.

~

Name: Wilbur Flood

Abilities/Equipment:

-          Flood is designed for aquatic environments, from water canals to deep oceans. This includes feet that are large and flat and webbed fingers. This makes movement on land a little awkward, in the water, he’s a master. Other modifications include withstanding great pressure, such as that on the bottom of the ocean.

-          He constantly produces a viscous, clear slime that absorbs energy attacks (such as lasers, but not physical attacks like bullets) over his entire body. This results in a technical immunity to laser fire and such, and some slight protection from some physical attacks (punching him would require touching him and getting one’s hands all slimy, for example), but does have the pretty obvious side effect of being covered in slime permanently. New chemical properties of the slime that the Hero Factory techs have been working on allows it to stick to him a bit more, but it still tends to leave surfaces he walks on or touches slippery.

-          The slime can be transferred to other beings or objects through physical contact, retaining its efficiency in energy attack absorption for an hour or so depending on how many attacks it has had to absorb, but this is limited by having to smear slime all over one’s self for maximum efficiency, as it only protects surfaces it’s spread on.

-          Flood researches his specialty in his spare time, and has an eerie knowledge of everything aquatic, especially in terms of aquatic life.

-          He wields a harpoon and energy blaster tailored to function underwater and with webbed fingers. He also carries gloves so he can touch things without getting them all slimy, though he doesn’t wear them all the time- he thinks they feel uncomfortable. Research is ongoing into efficient ways to turn off the slime, and into other protective measures so Flood can go about his free time without dealing with the slime. Turning the slime on or off currently takes too much time to be efficient for Heroes on duty.

Appearance: As mentioned above, Flood is constantly slimy. It's really gross. He is painted shades of blue with bright green eyes and Hero Core, and sports tubes attached to his face that keep water from his vents and interior systems, even in the murkiest of depths. His body type is broad-shouldered and narrow-waisted. Like Thumper, I had no coloured images of Flood so here he is lovingly rendered in MSPaint. Also like Thumper, maybe one day I’ll make a better picture for him.

Bio: Flood is outgoing, polite, and generally well-mannered, though he is considered a bit odd by most. He tries not to let the fact that most ‘bots don't want to be around him get him down, though he does worry about it constantly. He is a big fan of fantasy fiction, especially that regarding mermaids, but his biggest passion is that which regards his specialty- he feels that, as a niche-ability Hero, it’s best for him to know his niche incredibly well. His fascination with aquatic life can unnerve others.

He's loyal to the Hero Factory, though he has some gripes about his slimy condition and the techs' refusal to do anything about it, since the device worked and had saved him more than once. That said, his team leader Dorothy Quark has had some stern words with the Hero Factory techs, and study into his technology has picked up, resulting in some recent upgrades that have improved his situation somewhat.

He has a few friends, including his team and some aquatic enthusiasts and marine scientists outside of Hero Factory.

~

I'll post the others as I finish them.

Thumper Approved x1, but there was something I wanted to clarify about Flood's slime:

He constantly produces a viscous, clear slime that absorbs energy attacks (such as lasers, but not physical attacks like bullets) over his entire body. This results in a technical immunity to laser fire and such, and some slight protection from some physical attacks (punching him would require touching him and getting one’s hands all slimy, for example), but does have the pretty obvious side effect of being covered in slime permanently.

So if his slime absorbs energy, but doesn't stop physical attacks, I take that to mean it doesn't absorb the kinetic energy of impacts?

Meaning if he got hit by heavier weapons - ship-mounted lasers, big ol' cannons, high-impact blasters like what Saracen's got, etc. - he'd still take some damage from the physical impact of that, get knocked around and so on? 

Thumper approved 2/3. Wilbur approved 1/3.

Anyway, here's another batch of profiles.

Name: Titanos Forticus
Abilities/Equipment: Titanos can withstand high amounts of beating and stress. Although no longer able to haul as much as he used to in his larger body, he is still quite strong. The intricate care he had to put into his movement as a giant has translated into excellent mastery of his body movements.
Appearance: Titanos used to stand three times as tall as the average hero, but after getting caught in the blast that destroyed Hero Factory, he was rebuilt smaller (albeit still bigger than the average hero) due to a lack of resources to restore his former stature. His armour is dark blue and sand blue, and his eyes and core glow light blue.
Bio: Titanos was created as an attempt at large-scale heroes, and many building techniques that were regarded as impractical on the smaller scale heroes are normally constructed at were integrated into him, giving him attributes of strength and durability never seen before. When he finally walked out of the assembly tower, he had to crouch walk out of the exit due to his sheer size. 

Paradoxically, Titanos doesn't like violence very much at all, instead preferring to talk things out in a civilized manner. He is a gentle soul, and feels that his own size and strength can sometimes be a hindrance. When not out on a mission, he tried to socialize with the other heroes in the factory, at times unfortunately failing due to his intimidating stature. He was very clumsy, being still somewhat unused to his own sheer size. He often tried to make himself smaller than he really is, to the effect that his posture sometimes seemed very crunched up and closed.

How ever, after getting rebuilt following the destruction of Hero Factory and most of his gigantic body, he has grown far more comfortable, being able to move about without worrying as much about wreaking havoc and destruction with the slightest out-of-place movement. How ever, he is currently on leave from the factory as an adjustment period, allowing him to get used to his new body. As such, he mostly spends his time at his penthouse apartment, where he allows Nimius and Captor to stay as well.

Titanos is quite loyal to Nimius, having known him and served with him for quite some time. Him and Captor are also fast friends.

---

Name: Nimius Ardor
Character type: Hero
Abilities/Equipment: 
Great strength and endurance - Nimius has higher strength than the average hero, and endurance enough to allow him to last much longer due to a special core created also with a protective casing specifically to allow him to withstand his own intense fire powers, which he has since lost.
Insane heat resistance - The special alloy his body and armour is made of means he can withstand heat ranges up to a 2000°C safety mark, and a 2730°C upper limit, which he cannot withstand for very long.
Appearance: He used to wear bold red and blue armour, as a proclamation of his own superiority. Now that he has lost the very thing he had built his identity on, he has since removed that armour, and made himself a new armour in darker colours from the same alloy. His armour colours are now black and dark blue, and his eyes and core now glow red where before they used to glow bright blue.
Bio: Development on Nimius’s special attributes began after the events of Tanker Station 22. By the time when Aldous Witch was apprehended, Nimius had already been assembled, and undertaken a few minor missions to hone his skills. 

After a near-catastrophic event following Nimius showing the true highly destructive potential of his powers, he was moved a team of heroes with powers so highly destructive that they are reserved for extreme circumstances only. Some time later, after an unspecified event, Nimius was made the leader of said team.

How ever, in light of him losing his destructive powers, his status in the reserve team was revoked, and he was allowed to join in on any open assignment or to join a normal team. He has yet to do so, instead just staying in his room at Titanos' place, moping and suffering through a severe identity crisis.

---

Name: Captor
Character type: Hero
Abilities/Equipment:
Tracking - Captor has the ability to track down any being from analysing something that has been in their possession for an extended amount of time. He also possesses several different information processing algorithms, allowing him to process information to find clues regarding his target’s whereabouts quickly and efficiently from the news, communications and social media of various worlds. He also has an air analysis system that allows him to “smell” the air around himself to determine a route to his target.
Hunting abilities- Captor has retroreflective panels integrated into his armour, which allow him to blend in with his background, and with his surroundings when he needs to be stealthy. He has also recently been equipped with signal emitters which can mask his presence to almost any scanners. But even without this, he is capable of being highly stealthy and silent, possessing advanced algorithms that calculate routes that make him the least visible and audible to enemies possible.
Strength and speed - Captor has considerable speed and strength, much more so than the average hero, and is capable of bringing down the toughest of foes.
Fangs and claws - Captor’s fangs and claws are sharp enough to tear through most materials, as well as piercing through energy shields.
Appearance: A canine hero, he walks on all fours and resembles a large wolf. After getting severely injured prior to the Mechna incident, he was given an extensive overhaul that upgraded the appearance of his armour.

F8R0uoGl.png

Bio: Captor was created as an experimental animal-based hero, testing to see if other forms than the standard humanoid form would be practical in the field. Once while on a mission with several other heroes, among which was Nimius Ardor, he was put in a situation where he would have been killed, if it hadn't been for the timely interference of Nimius. After this incident, the two became fast friends, and soon developed a kinship which has lasted ever since. 

Ever since Nimius lost his powers, Captor has tried, but thus far failed, to cheer him up and get him back into hero work. Whenever he's not on duty, he mostly tries to help his friend through the severe identity crisis.

Edited by Fat Free Strawberry Onken

@Nato: Admittedly, my main deal was that it didn't sound fair to have him immune to physical attacks, and also it sounded wrong that walking up and punching him would do nothing. So no, it wouldn't absorb kinetic energy like it does stuff like lasers. And if the weapon packs a punch, he'd probably get knocked around a bit, yeah.

Forticus approved (1/3).

Nimius, I had some questions about. So, he doesn't have a proper Hero Core? It sounds like he has something like Quaza (Quazadite) but there's stuff about it being thermonuclear too. Other than that, I like his emo garb. It's beautiful. I hope he's spending his time in his room blasting goth rock.

Captor feels like he has more powers than last time? I dunno, I could be wrong on that. If someone else finds a problem with it, I'd remove the part about him having much more strength and speed than the average Hero, or at the very least change it to "slightly more strength"; though speed is kind of self-explanatory and fair enough, strength is a bit more of a question mark for me- he has super strength on top of all his other powers, and Heroes are already quite strong. But, if no one else has an issue, then just ignore that point. Scooby Heroo approved (1/3).

Okay, makes sense to me. Flood Approved x1.

I'm a bit iffy about Forticus - he's super big, super strong, super fast, super agile, and super durable. Seems like he's got the best of absolutely everything, and no weaknesses to hold him back aside from 'not quite as big as he used to be'. 

I'm not seeing any glaring issues with Nimius, so he's Approved x1.

Similarly, Captor Approved x2.

@Zippy: Nimius's core is basically made out of a Quaza alloy that's much more heat-resistant than its regular Quaza counterpart. The thermonuclear part I'm going to write out because that's a bull#### carry-over from the old profile. 

@Nato: He's not even super big, he's just average XL hero size now. His strength is also no-where near what it used to be. The speed and agility thing can probably be written out of the profile without much trouble.

@Scorp: You have my permission to give Blader a leather jacket to let everyone know he don't play by no Hero Factory rules

@Onaku: I... Hm. I'm not sure about giving him a core that's not Quaza, just because it might not work right. It'd be a different compound altogether, and since there's such an emphasis on "pure Quaza" in the show, you'd imagine a Quaza core flawed enough to be a different kind of crystal altogether might not work like a Hero Core should- while they do mention that Furno's is the purest in the show, meaning there's probably some level of impurity in other cores, Ardor's would have to be flawed to the point of being another kind of crystal altogether. Maybe a resistant casing instead, or a Quaza core with heat-resistant compounds as its flaws? The latter may not be as effective, depending on how heat resistant Quaza cores are initially and what their initial structure is.

And I think you missed Nato's point ever so slightly. When he said "no weaknesses aside from not as big", he meant you've given him no weaknesses, essentially- he's incredibly strong and resilient, to an incredibly overpowered degree if we're going by what he was like last game, and has no drawbacks to counter that overpoweredness. He's weirdly agile and speedy for someone his size, for example. I'd write it out, simply to give him some balance to his power. I'm sure Nato will have some advice in regards to that.

• Upvote 1

Ok, one, he's not overpowered when it comes to his strength. Not any more. Think of the limit to how strong someone can be before they're overpowered and place Titanos a few pegs below that. That's his strength. Also, I did remove the speed and agility thing, in case you didn't notice.

Anyway, perhaps the Quazadite is merely a different configuration of the same chemical components that make up Quaza? Much more heat resistant, but also much rarer, and as such not viable for mass-use.

If that were the case, that would presumably change the structure of the Quaza on a scale that may affect its ability to act as a Hero Core, which would pose the same issues. Maybe a protective case would work better?

And, I was referring to his old body, which you referenced in the profile. Should have clarified that, sorry. Anyway, that doesn't have much to do with Nato's original point of him having all these strengths and no weaknesses. Also, you hadn't removed the speed and agility thing when I posted. I'm glad you have, though!

Okay then, I guess Forticus Approved x2. 

Eloise Thumper Approved 3/3

Go forth and be mighty, my friend.

Wilbur Flood Approved 3/3

Titanos Forticus Approved 3/3

Nimius Ardor Approved 2/3

Captor Approved 3/3 (although he does seem a bit overpowered =/ )

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

Reworking Kaiba

Name: Kaiba Blader

Character Type: Villain (anti-hero)

Appearance:U9ruUQp.png?1

Abilities/Equipment: Titanium carbide katana and wakizashi, remote boomerang blades, Strength and speed 3x that of an average hero, sensor fins(One LADAR(Basically Radar, but with a laser rather than radio waves), one Seismic), cold fusion power core, electromagnetic palms and feet.

Bio: One of 100 prototype hero robots who were decommissioned long ago, Kaiba was given a full refurbishing following his actions on Mechna, details of which are hard to find, much less confirm. Now working vigilante work, he occasionally shows up to help in an unofficial fashion when not working his own cases.

Seems reasonable to me. Kaiba 2.5 Approved x1.

I thought Kaiba was already approved, except for the part about him working for Hero Factory officially or unofficially? I thought that's what you meant by "leaving him as is", whoops.

The newer profile notes him showing up to help unofficially, which I think we established would be unlikely. If that's changed, then approved (2/3).

Similarly, if Nimius' core is changed to a protective case rather than a different mineral, then approved (3/3).

i thought you were okay with it so long is it was him showing up to do stuff then disappearing into the night

as a sort of keeping in their good books so they don't send the large team that would probably be necessary to actually bring him in

not to say that it can't be done, just that it would take resources i'm not sure the Factory is willing to risk at the moment

or maybe he does it for kicks

Edited by Strider!

Oh, sorry. No I meant no he wouldn't be working for them at all. By "disappearing into the night", I meant he'd show up unannounced, assist them however way he plans to, and evade their capture. I didn't mean working for them on an unofficial basis- he's still a criminal, and he's still breaking the law. If he wasn't breaking the law and had served his time, they would have no reason to pursue him, but if he's still breaking laws and doesn't go to jail- something you still need to make an excuse for, since he was in Hero Factory custody last time we saw him- then no, he wouldn't be working for them.

Additionally, I think I said something about good deeds not replacing criminal charges last time? They might get you a lighter sentence, but you're still gonna have to pay the consequence for 'em.

no yeah, i just meant like, sometimes his work happens to fall in line with what the Factory is tryingb to do, so he helps them in a sort of, 'I'm not doing this for you' sort of deal, and then when they go to try and get him later, he either evades capture or has already vanished.

Also i thought we'd argued a while back that at the time, there was no major charges that Hero Factory could bring up against him, which is why I thought that interaction stagnated...?

I thought it was assumed he had prior charges. If he's not breaking any laws, he wouldn't be a villain, after all. The whole thing was weird, to be honest.

Also that brand of helping is fine. That was a misinterpretation issue on my end, sorry D:

EDIT: Talked with Scorp and have revealed I greatly misunderstood A Thing. Kaiba is approved (but still a huge dork)

If he's not breaking any laws, he wouldn't be a villain, after all. 

And once again we hit the issue of "not a hero, but not evil either". I mean, if we're going by the logic of "everyone who breaks the law is a villain", then basically everyone who went with Stormer on Mechna is a villain. 

#NotAllVillainsAreEvil!

Well shoot looks like Heroes are the villains now

What I meant was, there's typically a reason someone is classified as a villain. I'm not gonna discuss Stormer's actions because that mission was weird all round. It is one of the mysteries of the Noodle Incident now.

Anyway, Scorp explained what I was misunderstanding, so no harm done. The two hundred dollars he wired me have nothing to do with the approval at all.

Vestak, are your characters corresponding to the Hero/Villain/Civilian format? Apparently Morphos has a couple things off about his profile. Make sure you stick to the template! :D

No one brought up anything except about the amount of weapons, which I fixed.  And when looking back at it, nothing seemed out of place.  I had a few extra categories, but that was only so I could be more detailed.

Also, since no one has gone back and given a third approval, here are my profiles again.

Name: Night Stalker

Affiliation: Villain

Appearance: Black armor with hints of red, 1.5 times the height of a hero.  His helmet resembles the Fire Lord's, but without the flames.

Weapons: Force Hammer - A large war hammer that amplifies the force of its impact.

Tri-Blaster - This blaster is built around Night Stalker's left arm, yet he still has a left hand.  The Tri-Blaster can fire standard forms of ammunition, but Night Stalker most often loads it with capsules filled with a highly corrosive gas.  His armor has been modified to be almost completely resistant to the gas, but long enough exposure will damage even him.

Abilities: Night Stalker has radar built into his helmet, and while it warns him of approaching objects it also functions as normal radar, able to give him basic shapes and surroundings at close distances.  It's reliability drops after fifty feet. His armor also has a chameleon function.  He can change color at will, or set it to automatic, although auto is considerably less effective. He is very strong, which makes his hammer even more dangerous.  However, due to his size and weight, he is bad at dodging and has poor movement speed, instead counting on his armor and strength to get him out of most situations.

Personality: Night Stalker used to be a villain who was focused on becoming the leader of a powerful villain organization one day, known and feared by the whole galaxy.  However, during the Mechna incident he had a revelation, and now he would rather change his name and become a pilot.

Name: Morphos

Alias: Mr. Neo Anderson

Affiliation: Villian

Appearance: Whatever he wants, though he usually appears as an inconspicuous, average, civilian.  Usually the same height as a Hero.

Powers: Morphos is a very unique robot.  He has almost no solid armor, just a bit of basic plating.  Instead his armor is composed of a magnetic liquid metal held in place by a magnetic field.  This metal has the unique property of turning solid on impact.  This by no means makes him invulnerable, as while it is solid the metal takes damage just like any other metal.  However, once it turns liquid again Morphos can easily smooth over the dents and cracks.  Morphos can control the magnetic field to give himself different appearances or to group more armor in one place.  The only place not covered by this liquid metal are his hands and feet.

He can form spikes or weapons out of his liquid metal, but the magnetic field, while very strong and manipulable, is not strong enough to hold it’s shape enough to pierce much more than civilian plating.

His limbs also telescope, no more than five inches though.  This helps him to change his appearance even further.

Weapons: Morphos carries many weapons underneath or suspended in his liquid metal skin.  He carries an energy sword, two pistols, one for solid bullets and one for energy blasts, along with plenty of ammo for both.  He carries multiple explosives of varying power in his skin.

Personality: Morphos is a cold, calculating robot.  He was designed and programmed to kill, and to do it well.  He can act normal if he needs to, but since he doesn’t enjoy doing that he usually only does when he needs to, or when he’s under cover.  He’s much better at being what he was programmed to be.

Name: Ruby

Powers and Abilities: Ruby’s motors have the ability to operate at a much faster speed than normal.  This allows her to perform at twice the normal speed, meaning the speed of her servos (physically) and processing speed (mentally).  However, this drains power more quickly, so she uses this ability sparingly.  Ruby’s boots also contain magnets, allowing her to run along any strongly magnetic surface.  However, she tends to stay away from ceilings.  Any fast movement on them results in very little contact between the metal surface and the magnets in her boots, which wouldn’t be enough to support her.

Weapon: Ruby carries a sniper scythe, the most perfect weapon in the universe (according to her).  As it’s name implies, it is a combination of an energy scythe and a high power, anti personnel sniper rifle.  The blade of the sniper scythe is made of crimson energy, and it shoots powerful energy blasts of the same color.  The weapon itself is made of black metal with hints of red to match the blade.

Appearance: Ruby is an average hero, wearing mostly red armor with hints of black.  Her core and eyes are silver.

Bio: Ruby is a fairly new hero, a bit naive and shy.  She is not very outgoing and has trouble making friends.  Instead of being out making friends, Ruby has spent that time practicing with her sniper scythe, which accounts for the level of skill she has despite not being active long.  In a fight however, she changes from a young, shy hero to a dangerous combatant, highly skilled and capable.

Edited by Vestak