HF RPG 2.5: Discussion

Voltex

I still have questions:

1. This is something I'm not sure on so correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Thak relatively new to crime? And in any case he's been able to escape jail time, so theoretically wouldn't he have minimal contact with Heroes and thus very little experience in this regard?

2. I'm not sure about thermal readings on Hero cores not being able to be copied. It's like saying nothing else can be that specific temperature. Again, this depends on the resolution, because of course fluctuations in heat might be a different matter.

I think there was a thermal shot of a Hero in one of the episodes. I'll check tonight. Mostly I just find this interesting to think about, I'm not trying to pick on you or be nitpicky or anything.

EDIT: Scorp has informed me off-site that Thak's thermal vision has a resolution pretty much on par with normal vision, meaning that while the sensitivity might still make looking at Flames some degree of Interesting Experience, the point regarding Hero Cores and differences in temperature thereof and observations of experience and stuff is moot, since he's got enough detail to recognise the Hero build. Which is pretty recognisable by itself. Thanks for clearing that up, Scorp! And thanks to everyone for your patience. I'll get to a post soon!

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

• 1 month later...

Well, I wouldn't say dead just yet. I know Nato, the guy running the current mission, has been super busy recently with his other RPG that he's running along, and a lot of us are just waiting on posts.

But, don't fret! We'll see about having it back up and running soon! And a big thank you to everyone for your continued patience. Seriously, feels like I'm ending every other post here with that. It's been a bit hectic for a lot of the GMs. And obviously that's frustrating and annoying, to wait weeks between posts and feel like nothing's going anywhere. But, I think I speak for the other GMs here when I say we're not giving up just yet!

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Yeah, I get you. Unfortunately the GMs are all in some form of schooling, from university on down, so we're all kept very busy. In addition, Nato (who was the one who planned out and has been running the current mission) is also GMing his own game on top of this one. And, unlike HF RPG, his other game (Skyrise) has only one GM- himself. We're currently trying to sort it out so he doesn't have to be the primary source for all of this mission's posts, because obviously between real life and his whole other game, it takes up way too much time. This is tricky to do, because he's the one who made the mission and thus he has the best idea of what's going to happen next, what stuff the players are going to have to face, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

You and Rylinth can just chat in the Hero ship until it arrives, I guess. Since it seems like everyone involved is a bit too busy to post, I might have it arrive soon, probably tonight when I have my laptop with me.

Also a fair warning to all players: Nato, who is the GM that designed this mission and has asked the other GMs to take over his mission, is currently Too Busy to do much and as such is probably too preoccupied to prevent me making the Starwhale actually shaped like a giant whale. You might be boarding a big ol' whaleboat.

Curse you, Wharrgarbl. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Yeah I kinda ran out of talking points for Flynn in the Hero ship when I noticed Rylinth's characters were just sinking Flynn deeper into a depression and I  don't want things to get too mopey. If anyone else with a character on the ship (and I know there must be someone else) feels like starting a conversation then that would be great.

I went to post last night and realised I was the last to post. So next post will wait until someone else has posted. I don't really like editing in new posts because it doesn't alert people who follow the topic to new posts, so it's more likely to go unnoticed.

EDIT: I have to edit this in but @ the question about Mekron in the IC topic: who are you guys waiting on? To my understanding, all the GM-owned NPCs are either arrested or not there at the fight. Or are you looking for a timeskip?

If I recall, Jade had contacted Stormer to notify him and Drax of Corroder's capture and never received a response.

Meanwhile, Gorn was so preoccupied with being an edgelord that he forgot to confiscate Corroder's communication device, which she then used to call Black Phantom and inform him of her predicament. I assumed that meant that Black Phantom was going to try and rescue her.

Edited by Klanadack

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I'm getting to both of those things. I'll try to do them later in the day- it's an incredible pain to do long GM posts on a mobile device, which is what I make most of my posts on. That's why I sometimes only post as Zib or some other character that only needs a short post.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, a lot of people have disappeared. I'm happy to keep making posts (I've been busy recently but I do try to check back here semi-regularly), but I believe a lot of people are simply busy. I guess. It seems like activity's been pretty slow in a lot of RPGs lately.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been both very sick and very busy, so sorry about my recent absence! I'm trying to at least check in once a week.