• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Helryx's Fury

Toa water Order Mata Nui

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Stroxx

Stroxx
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 19-March 11
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 10 2011 - 07:39 PM

Posted Image

I've recently made this pic a few months ago (if I can recall it correctly). Took me quite a while before finishing it, especially because I have no idea how I exactly made it. Really, I was just totally experimenting on it, but anyboo. Helryx is one of my all time favourites, and since she doesn't get enough love I decided to whip up something how she might look like. :biggrin: And water Toa are cool. They could literally own anybody with only a spoonful water. Just think about~ high pressure cutting machines are using WATER to cut stuff. (And no, I have no idea what's on the other side of the shield :) )And as always, constructive criticism is always welcome, though picky 'peoplez' will be handed pickles. Love you guys and enjoy the pic. :baaa:Note: I have posted this pic elsewhere too. Oyee is my other alias I usually use to sign my pics. Made with CS3, love and delicious cakes.

bio_sig02_lores_by_oyee-d77i3td.jpg

Onto the first chapter! And why yes! This is a COMIC! \(°u°)/

Gallery & conceptart topic - Older pics: Helryx's Fury | Makuta Sethuldur | Order's Call (no necro k? C8) Current: ..

#2 Offline Eeko

Eeko
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 31-August 08
  • 4,288 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Dec 10 2011 - 07:47 PM

Nice work!I love the water effect, it looks really cool. :DHowever, I think the picture should be brighter. It worked on your Makuta pic, and added a lot to the feel. On this one though, it makes it hard to see what's going on. I can't see where her legs end, and her torso looks messy from lack of detail.Overall a very good piece, just a little too dark.

jlovfkk.jpg

#3 Offline Stroxx

Stroxx
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 19-March 11
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 10 2011 - 07:58 PM

Nice work!I love the water effect, it looks really cool. :biggrin:However, I think the picture should be brighter. It worked on your Makuta pic, and added a lot to the feel. On this one though, it makes it hard to see what's going on. I can't see where her legs end, and her torso looks messy from lack of detail.Overall a very good piece, just a little too dark.

Wow, you're fast :D The pic's darkness here is intended, though it doesn't help the issue, that my monitor is overly bright. I've been trying to balance this out somewhat lately on more recent pictures. I might adjust this ones brightness a bit, but I'm afraid that it would ruin that nice gloominess and them light effects. o_____o

bio_sig02_lores_by_oyee-d77i3td.jpg

Onto the first chapter! And why yes! This is a COMIC! \(°u°)/

Gallery & conceptart topic - Older pics: Helryx's Fury | Makuta Sethuldur | Order's Call (no necro k? C8) Current: ..

#4 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Master of Hunger Wild

• 05-July 10
  • 5,666 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 10 2011 - 08:55 PM

I like the effect with the water, and the really neat looking sheild. Is it just me, or can you see the human-looking arms in this picture? Not sure Helryx would have those. Is splashing water out of a weapon (I'm guessing) in mid-leap wrathful? Still looks like a good picture, however.

#5 Offline Purple Devil

Purple Devil
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

• 23-January 11
  • 3,532 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 10 2011 - 11:34 PM

Wow, I'm seriously loving your style. The water looks amazing although the colors in the picture seem a bit muddled, that's probably due to the lighting. Have you thought of making a comic, it'd be nice to see something hand drawn instead of sprites on Bzpower.

ZWGZBEW.jpg

~I will either find a way, or make one.~

#6 Offline Onyx.5

Onyx.5
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Seeker

• 16-April 07
  • 211 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 11 2011 - 03:22 AM

Dynamic pose at an unusual angle, interesting moody lighting, and some nice looking water effects. Whatever you were experimenting around with must have been pretty potent, it looks great. The only thing bugging me is that I can't see any strong design in her armour, it looks like it might just be random greeble, but everything going on in the picture obscures it anyway and puts it at lower priority. And maybe there is a cohesive design under there, not like it always needs to be obvious. But in case you don't, consider putting more work in to designing characters and cutting down on noisy details.

#7 Offline Zarohum

Zarohum
  • Banned Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 13-October 11
  • 506 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 11 2011 - 10:40 PM

I like this piece. It really captures the "Indescribably ancient" feel. Great work. 9/10

#8 Offline Brickeens

Brickeens
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Rahkshi Unleashed

• 12-May 07
  • 6,000 posts

Posted Dec 14 2011 - 12:23 PM

Brilliant. Great dynamics, and I really like her colors. They're very aquamarine.What's her weapon? A club?

Posted Image

#9 Offline Vezok's Friend

Vezok's Friend
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Visorak Horde Invading

• 09-March 06
  • 10,245 posts

Posted Dec 14 2011 - 04:35 PM

This is one of best artworks I've seen here in the past weeks. What strikes me most is the excellent composition. Highly dynamic and very well done. Kudos to you for that!I think if it were slightly lighter in the background it would be even better, but that is just a minor thing that is the only thing I think could use improvement.I really like your idea of Helryx' design as well.Great job!

smaugbanner.jpg

#10 Offline Reier

Reier
  • Members
  • Toa

• 08-September 07
  • 164 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 15 2011 - 01:26 AM

Water looks great, real nice piece.
yo

#11 Offline 00dude00

00dude00
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 15-November 11
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 20 2011 - 07:37 PM

I was just thinking that the art furum needed some love... then I saw this 0_0 WOW, the design and lighting looks awsome. I especially like the light on the inside of the sheild.

#12 Offline JustASolitaryWolf

JustASolitaryWolf
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 29-May 08
  • 326 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 23 2011 - 07:57 PM

WOah, just WOAH! Like, thats so much intense texture and action right there! Nice job!!!!

I am a true Bionicle fan because I'm a fan of Bionicle

Actually, it's just cause I'm AWESOME...

My 3DS Friend Code:4468-1535-0839

Destructive power

Does not give you everything,

It takes everything away from you.

Ghost_in_the_Shell_Sig_by_aose.jpg

"And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite."

#13 Offline Toa Genris

Toa Genris
  • Members
  • Toa

• 26-November 07
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 29 2011 - 06:26 PM

This is incredible. I love the water effects and the pose and everything. You've done an incredible job right here. 10/10

Edited by bonesiii, Jan 03 2012 - 03:42 AM.
Please watch your language. --bones

#14 Offline Katuko

Katuko
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 21-March 05
  • 5,200 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 05 2012 - 11:47 AM

Nice! You've captured the motion here beautifully, and that shield looks very good. I also like the detail on Helryx herself. Usually too much detail makes things look messy, but you've managed to make the various edges look natural enough. :)

rahkshi_elite_banner5b.png
Updated August 2014:Boss fight with Makuta!
[ What YOU can do to help develop BIONICLE Fighter! ]
Click here for my: Art | BZP Blog | WordPress Blog

#15 Offline The Renegade Emperor

The Renegade Emperor
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 08-December 10
  • 515 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 05 2012 - 12:55 PM

Omg! Absolutely great! Love that water effect! Mordor likes it!----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth

halo4-spartans.jpg

#16 Offline The G-Man

The G-Man
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 08-January 10
  • 580 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 06 2012 - 08:52 PM

This really represents Helryx well. I imagined she'd look just like this anyway. More please(with epic battle backgrounds!)!

Posted Image

92% of teens have moved on to Xbox 360. 7.9% still use other game systems (PS3 and Wii). If you are part of the 0.1% who still use the only real game system (PC), copy and paste this into your sig.

#17 Offline Toa Novu

Toa Novu
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 26-April 07
  • 2,823 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2012 - 08:42 PM

Oh my, this is absolutely gorgeous! I just can't stop admiring the way you played with the lighting and shadows! The way the armor and water glint just enough to define the color and form as they come popping out of the dark background is just so cool. Great job!

Posted Image

So take my hand, Now you'll never be lonely, Not when I'm home, sweet home

I see your star, you left it burning for me

Mother, I'm here

#18 Offline Toa Varova

Toa Varova
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 30-December 07
  • 1,830 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 13 2012 - 07:06 PM

That's a nice piece of art! It actually looks like Helryx is attacking you! What program did you use to make that?

Edited by Didonchu, Jan 13 2012 - 08:21 PM.

Nothing could prepare Sybre for the final battle.

Head down to Snax in the comic forum to see the battle that will determine the fate of Sybre.

Out of Snax

See it now. Do it.

Click here to go to Snax!

#19 Offline Eragon3443

Eragon3443
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 31-December 11
  • 373 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2012 - 12:16 PM

Very nice! I am going to make Toa Helryx soon out of Pieces. XD. This is great, I love the 3D effect.
Posted Image
Feel free to friend me!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users