Bionicle characters as "gods"

Hi, guys!:) I have been thinking, since there are some Marvel and DC Comics movies where some people call some of the superheroes "gods" because of their powers and skills. I thought that it would be fun to compare certain Bionicle characters to gods based on our opinion. It could the fact that the characters are unique from others because of what they and/or they are powerful. In my opinion as an example, certain characters that I believe can be compared to gods are:

1. Great Beings - people with many magical powers are excellent at creating powerful things, like the Great Spirit Robot, Mata Nui (being), the Matoran Universe, and powerful Kanohi masks

2. Mata Nui (being) - first, when he was controlling the Great Spirit Robot, he was mega-powerful by being 40 million feet tall, having a thick metal armor, and can restore a planet. His face even create the island of Mata Nui. When his spirit is in the Mask of Life, he gains its Life powers, like forming a body and transforming weapons into stronger ones. When his spirit went into the Prototype Robot, he has the same abilities as the Great Spirit Robot, but is 26 million feet tall. Mata Nui was worshipped by his people from the Matoran Universe as a god because he was the Great Spirit.

3. The Mask of Life - It has a mind of its own, and it has powerful Life powers, like reviving Mata Nui. Anyone who holds and uses the mask could become powerful, if that could happen, depending on the mask. It can create a body of its own called Toa Ignika, too

4. The Toa Mata/Nuva/Masters/Uniters - They collect powerful golden masks, became the most powerful of the Toa in G1, and become more powerful when United with the Great Elemental Creatures in G2

5. Makuta Teridax/G2 Makuta - For Teridax, he belongs to a species with so many powers and can turn into a floating cloud of gas that can jump from body to body. He also became very powerful and took over the Great Spirit Robot, making him equivalent to Mata Nui. As for the G2 Makuta, he is a worshipped Mask Maker who can use the Masks of Control and Ultimate Power. He can also turn into a talking fiery shadow when he is unconscious. He can control the Skull Creatures, too.

6. The Makuta species - a species with so many powers and can turn into floating cloud of gas, like Teridax. Many of them are also skilled in creating Rahi

7. Anyone who holds and uses the Masks of Time - they can use their Time powers

8. Artakha - a being who can create powerful things, like certain Kanohi masks and the Great Disks. He also uses the Mask of Creation

9. Ekimu - A worshipped Mask Maker and powerful warrior who can use the Mask of Creation, too. He can also telepathically communicate the Toa Masters through their golden masks.

10. The Bahrag - giant queens of Bohrok that can control them, has their powers and more, and can create the Bohrok Kal.

11. Voporak - a big, powerful being who can sense the Mask of Time and has the power to age anything 1,000 years older by touching it

12. Umbra - a being who can turn into Light energy

13. Karzahni - the only being who uses the Mask of Alternate Futures

14. Tren Krom - a being that once ran the Matoran Universe and his some psychic abilities

15. The Element Lords - beings who can use elemental powers. The Lords' are also made of the elements. The Element Lord of Jungle even fused some Glatorian into a forest

16. The Skakdi Fusion - a big being who can mind control people, can make dreams and nightmares come to life, and can create fortresses

17. Annona - a being that can feed off people's ability to dream to become stronger, gave the Sisters of the Skrall their psychic powers, and go into one's thoughts

18. Kulta the Skull Grinder - an big and powerful, undead being who can reanimate and control the Skull Creatures. When wearing the Mask of Creation, he becomes more powerful

19. The Lord of Skull Spiders - It has the power to control the Skull Spiders

20. The Great Elemental Creatures from G2 - creatures with powerful elemental powers, and when United with the Toa Uniters or Umarak the Hunter, they give them extra abilities and enhance their elemental powers

21. Umarak the Hunter - a being who can travel through shadows and Unite with the Elemental Creatures. When wearing the Mask of Control, he becomes more powerful and could use its powers.

So, there. These are characters that I feel could be compared to "gods" because of their uniqueness from other people, which I would compare them to "mortals" or normal people of any kind, and of their abilities. You see what I mean? What about your thoughts.:) (If this needs to be moved, go ahead.)

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I just checked the Biosector 01 (The most reliable Bionicle Wiki) the Piraka monster Irnakk fits in as well.

Irnakk's vision power can remove a physical being from the world and make it an object of pure thought within the mind of the nightmarish being. There is little chance of survival once part of his sick, twisted thoughts and madness. If one were to survive and regain their physical being again (at Irnakk's will), they would retain very little sanity, due to the torment of Irnakk's mind

also shouldn't this topic be in storyline and theories forum?

Edited by necross hordika

qs3135.jpg

I only got as far as the end of Metru Nui in G1 before it was decided by my parents I was "too old" for bionicles. So I'll admit I missed a lot of lore and story. But from the early impressions I got out of G1, I always assumed Mata Nui was their equivalent to a god. Makuta (I guess Teridax is his real name?) always seemed more like a devil too.

I only got as far as the end of Metru Nui in G1 before it was decided by my parents I was "too old" for bionicles. So I'll admit I missed a lot of lore and story. But from the early impressions I got out of G1, I always assumed Mata Nui was their equivalent to a god. Makuta (I guess Teridax is his real name?) always seemed more like a devil too.

If you need to read up on how powerful he is then read this page http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Teridax

qs3135.jpg

The Great Beings don't actually have magical powers, their technology is simply advanced enough to appear magical to Agori and Glatorians. They could still be considered God-like though.

Mata Nui definitely. After-all, he is referred to as the Great Spirit, has islands named after him, and has control over the universe as matoran know it. I'm pretty sure many matoran forgot or didn't know that he is only so powerful because of his control over the robot.

I disagree with Makuta being called Gods. At the very best, they would be considered angels and later on, fallen angels, by the matoran.

What about  rare but powerful rahi like Keetongu, the Kanohi Dragon, Tahtorak, or a 300 foot long venom eel? Perhaps they would not be considered Gods, but creatures spoken of in matoran legends at least.

• 1 month later...

G2 mask of ultimate power should be on this list to. Who puts it on becomes insane and that darn thing has all powers of G2 universe and it's like that darn mask rather wears it's wearer and makuta of G2 never had bad intentions and the masks power was to great for him to control it and it corupted him And it seems that the mask has its own will like in graphic novel 2 battle of mask makers makuta said that he would build great citys And he didn't said that he will destroy half of Okoto but when he put it on he started creating earthquakes but it wasn't him was it it was the mask and it's insane power

Lesson from this is never get more power than you can control and don't allow power to control you

And also on this list should be shadowed one and darkness

Think about it dark hunters it's a organization of powerful bounty hunters with variations abilitys and skills but any of members cannot defeat shadowed one except darkness who can only defeat him when shadowed one makes a mistake or isn't prepared and also darkness has the biggest variation of abilitys and no one knows the full list of them except darkness himself

Edited by Demfem86

It'd be kinda funny if the Toa were revered by different groups of Matoran in this fashion, similar to Norse, Greek, or Egyptian myths. Imagine holy wars erupting between Matoran over whether Tahu or Norik is the true Toa of Fire.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It'd be kinda funny if the Toa were revered by different groups of Matoran in this fashion, similar to Norse, Greek, or Egyptian myths. Imagine holy wars erupting between Matoran over whether Tahu or Norik is the true Toa of Fire.

Actually I think this was supposed to be the case before the story got really started in 2001? Minus the holy wars, of course. But you can still find it in the character profiles in the 2003 video game, where they refer to the Matoran as worshippers of their respective Toa and that the Turagas "kept the legend" or some such thing. The board game also came with character profiles that gave the Toa different ages, with Tahu being the oldest starting from the beginning of the world, which sounds very godlike to me.

"Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus."

I just like the idea of the Mata Nui Matoran having some very warped ideas about the Toa before they arrived (and for a short while after) in percieving them as godlike beings. I take the old non-canon descriptions as canonically what the Matoran believed about the Toa- my favourite one is the Po-Matoran being terrified that Pohatu (of all people) would summon rockslides down on them if they displeased him. (Onewa probably used him as a bogeyman type figure to scare the Matoran into obedience for centuries).

Also, Matoran thinking that any unusual weather conditions were deliberately caused by one or more Toa, or were the result of arguments between them, would lead to some interesting conversations in the village. (Every thunderstorm in Le-Koro has the Matoran questioning Lewa about what he did to annoy Gali this time). 

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231