Restoring old 2002 Bionicle site WIP

The old 2002 Bionicle site on Wayback Machine it's just a mess of broken links and stuff... So this evening I decided to (try to) rebuild the home page (at least get it as close to the original as possible)!

I cleaned everything up as well as I could - Dropbox link

screen%20shot.png

All the links are broken and I need to fix the News Crawler(in the blank space just above the grey bar) but other-wise everything looks nice!

I don't know if I am going to continue working on this, though I am curious to see if anyone other than me still finds interest in a 14 year old site...

Edited by Toa of Pineapples
  • Upvote 5

I'm interested in what that Desktop Bohrok did lol.

It's not much but i remember it in detail. Most of them walk casually until you interact with them. Most of them can be clicked and picked up/dragged and will react as if scared and trying to escape 

:tahnok: Tahnok will do a flamethrower animation if clicked on once. Most of them can be clicked and picked up/dragged and will react as if scared and trying to escape and if you let go above the start menu he will use his weapons as jet to slow down his fall (most of the others roll up into ball form)

:lehvak:  Lehvak will spray acid when clicked on and it looks like it show damaged circuits on the screen. It will be startled if you pick him up.

:nuhvok:  Nuhvok uses a moving animation as in digging when clicked, you can drag him but if you let go of him he will inmediately launch itself at a nearby edge, uses its tool to tunnel into it and and behaves like a mole reappearing on the start menu bottom and walk again.

:pahrak:  Pahrak will show off sonic attack waves when clicked. Also this is the only one that can not be "click and dragged", this one will quickly use it's powers to break your hold on it and land on the ground.

:kohrak: Kohrak will shoot ice from its weapon when clicked and if you grab it will encase itself in ice wherever you drag him until you let go.

:gahlok:  Gahlok will just swim around anywhere across your screen and do a forward breast stroke animation when clicked and if you drag it, it will curl up and spin around continously.

Edited by necross hordika
  • Upvote 4

qs3135.jpg

It looks awesome and I can't wait to see more of this we already have recreations of the:

1)Bionicle Story Website

A.2010

B.2007

2)Bionicle Website

A.2001

B.2002

3)Mask Of Light Movie Website 2003

And now I want to wait for the Bionicle heroes one if it can be made or exists without me knowing it as that website is broken in the way back machine.

tZa6I5y.jpg?1

I'm interested in what that Desktop Bohrok did lol.

It's not much but i remember it in detail. Most of them walk casually until you interact with them. Most of them can be clicked and picked up/dragged and will react as if scared and trying to escape 

There is a copy on Bionicle Media Project

Games > Downloads > 2002 > Desktop Toys

Edited by Toa of Pineapples
  • Upvote 1

2002- specifically, around the time that interview with Lewa was written up- was when I first found the Bionicle website.  This takes me back. :)

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

• 2 weeks later...

I have the desktop Toa, Takua, and Bohrok programs if anyone wants them. They are simple little things that just kinda walk or float around. Site looks good btw. It's pretty much how I remembered browsing it

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Wow, cool recreation, and it even uses the original script! I made one for for the 2001 site a while back, and seeing as how the limit of my programming/game design niche goes no further than BASIC and GameMaker Studio, I compiled it into HTML5 and uploaded it. (doesn't work in Chrome)

I wish that bioniclemusic.com mixer worked...

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

• 2 weeks later...

To be quite honest with you all, I never got the joy of exploring the BIONICLE website from 2001 - 2005. So I have no nostolgia for the site from that time period :(

On the note of the BIONICLE Heroes website, I have IMMENSE Nostolgia for that, and it makes me really sad to know that the site is broken :(

Good thing the most nostalgic part of the site (for me) has been preserved (the music).

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png