Bionicle Souls Theory

After seeing the post about the gen-two mask of time, and how the lower half is missing that made me instantly think about how G1 and G2 might just be connected. First this is the upper half. I believe that of course the original Vahi is the lower half (duh). But now the toa, isn't it strange that if they were in the same universe that New Toa that look very similar, same names, and close personalities exist in the same universe...no. My theory is that the toa never truly achieved their destiny in G1 and now they are reincarnated as themselves again to finally achieve their destiny and become true turaga. Tell me what you think.

Well, the destiny of the Toa Mata was to "awaken the Great Spirit" and it was left at that. But that was more like their job near the end, rather than being their "destiny" as it was explicitly stated that they were created solely for the purpose of reawakening Mata Nui should anything happen to him. I had always assumed that the Toa had done that by the end of the Karda Nui saga and were basically done with their adventures. Well, until they decided not to sacrifice their powers and Tahu was shrunk so he could use the Golden Plot Device- I mean Golden Armor to destroy the hordes of Rahkshi sent by Makuta down to Bara Magna. At that point I just thought that they wanted their powers for if they were ever needed again and that's why they never became Turaga. Then they got split up between the Red Star, Bota Magna (which I am still confused as to why it was still referred to as a moon even though the planet was whole again, but that might have just been a product of my mind's insanity) and various other things.

The idea that the Toa between the generations are connected by destiny is a nice idea, but there is not much evidence to back up that claim. This idea could be a rather good connection between the generations, but the Toa Mata in G1 DID achieve their destinies and CHOSE not to become Turaga. This theory is based off the idea that the Toa did not satisfy their destiny and focuses more on G1's story than on G2's. The names, appearances, and personalities could all be a fluke and a nice nod to G1, but that does not necessarily mean that the new Toa ARE the Toa Mata.

• Upvote 1

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

I always thought that the Toa Mata never achieved their destiny because they are "artificial" toa created by Artakha as a fail-safe, unable to follow the matoran-toa-turaga cycle. This is wrong as they do become turaga upon Mata Nui's death in an alternate universe.

Their destiny of saving Mata Nui can never really be fulfilled because by saving him, he lives, and can be put in danger again. Thus explaining why the toa never become turaga in the main universe.

Having to re-attempt to achieve their destiny in G2 therefore seems a little unfeasible to me.

• Upvote 1