MakutaFest 2016

Swert

Where should MakutaFest 2016 be held?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey all,

So BS01 and The TTV Podcast will once again bring you MakutaFest 2016. But before we proceed, we need to ask a major question: Where should we host it this year?

The pros and cons of each selection are many, but it boils down to how you guys want to do it. If we end up on YouTube, we'll have to forgo a few of the previous years' giveaway options (in form of trivia) since it'll be nearly impossible to keep track of the chat otherwise. We'd also have to move to a secondary page for chat via forums in order to moderate chat.

On Twitch, these can be easily moderated on the fly, but we risk gaining random twitch followers who want to come in and spam links. The main pro for that system is it's what we used last year, so many of our regulars are already signed up for it.

If we get a mass majority selecting one or the other, we'll most likely go with that one.

So yeah, go forth fans, let's decide this!

• Upvote 3

bzpsig2015.png

Trivia has been pretty central to previous MakutaFests, so Twitch I'd say.

BTW do you guys know the dates for this year yet?

Edited by Infrared

Don't live YouTube streams have chat just like Twitch does?

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Don't live YouTube streams have chat just like Twitch does?

I believe they do, but I believe the problem lies in the fact that the youtube streams are not so easily controlled and moderated as Twitch is.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Last year, the hosts of MakutaFest blocked the access of the chat temporarily so that they could see who answered the questions correctly first. To my knowledge, YouTube streaming does not have this option yet, and I believe that is why trivia cannot be done practically on YouTube. If you want trivia, you're going to have to go with Twitch. I'm not sure if I'll be a part of MakutaFest this year, but I think Twitch is your best option.

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

I won't be attending due to past discrepancies, but Twitch is honestly the best choice to use for live streaming.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I won't be attending due to past discrepancies, but Twitch is honestly the best choice to use for live streaming.

Past discrepancies?

It's best that it isn't brought up. It brings back bad memories and brings a lot of salt into the situation, I'd rather not bring it up because in the end it was a big mess. Misunderstandings, egotism, and hostilities.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Past discrepancies?

It's best that it isn't brought up. It brings back bad memories and brings a lot of salt into the situation, I'd rather not bring it up because in the end it was a big mess. Misunderstandings, egotism, and hostilities.

I see. Well, though I don't know what happened, I'm sorry that it caused that much hurt =(

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also voting Twitch. Any further news on dates?

This went up on the TTV YouTube Channel about a week ago. Apologies for not getting it posted here earlier.

MakutaFest will be held on July 16th, likely around 4:30 PM US Central Time. It will last 2.5 to 3 hours, and it has been decided that it will be held on the TTV Podcast's YT channel stream thingy in order to see how things will go, especially with trivia. TTV has done some testing and they have some experience with the platform and they're confident it will work, so we're just gonna go for it this year and decide between Twitch and YT once everyone has some experience on both platforms.

Further information will be delivered to this topic as soon as it becomes available. I apologize again for the delay.

• Upvote 1

~~-BS01 Histories-~~

New Video Up detailing things like the actual time (4:30 Central Time, July 16th) and how to enter the raffle to call in for the Q&A section. You can enter by posting your wish to do so on a certain page on BS01 and/or a topic on the TTV boards (you're encouraged to do both), and you can increase your chances by answering the BS01/TTV trivia questions posed in the video. Please see the video description for all relevant links and for the text of the questions =)

Good luck, all!

~~-BS01 Histories-~~