Kopaka 'n' Kopaka

Hidron Nuva

A while ago I was thinking of the differences between the old and the new Kopaka, and eventually I made this.

Link:

kop_n_kop.jpg

I have to say there's something charming about the old Kopaka, something that the new one is missing. I liked how he didn't need a shiny armor or to be bulky to be one of the strongest and most resourceful Toa of the team.

I thought about making one of these drawings for each Toa but I doubt I'll have the time...

Comments are very welcome, please let me know what you think!

Edited by Black Six
  • Upvote 12

hidron_nuva_idea.png

Awesome!

I like G2 Kopaka's pose a lot. Looks a bit cocky to me, like the shiny armor might be fueling his ego a bit. :P

You may have picked a simple standing pose for each of them, but both come across as really dynamic and "flowy." Neither one looks like they're just standing there awkwardly. They look ready for action. If I were to suggest anything, it would just be to add some detail to G1 Kopaka's shield, or maybe clean up the lines a bit. But I'm sure if you intended either, you'd have done it already. ;)

Nice work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Awesome!

I like G2 Kopaka's pose a lot. Looks a bit cocky to me, like the shiny armor might be fueling his ego a bit. :P

You may have picked a simple standing pose for each of them, but both come across as really dynamic and "flowy." Neither one looks like they're just standing there awkwardly. They look ready for action. If I were to suggest anything, it would just be to add some detail to G1 Kopaka's shield, or maybe clean up the lines a bit. But I'm sure if you intended either, you'd have done it already. ;)

Nice work.

I believe G2 Kopaka still has to learn about teamwork and unity, just like G1 Kopaka back then. I'm curious to see how the team develops this time.

Thanks! I did try to add some detail to the shield, but lines never turned out parallel enough and eventually I gave up. As for cleaning lines, sadly I haven't learned how to it without loosing that "flowy" effect yet...

This is very nice! I'd like to see the other Toa compared between gens at some point. :)

Well, I thought I might make something with a Uniter and a Toa Nuva in the future ^_^

I agree completely. Looking at Kopaka Mata now, he does look rather skinny. But the way Lego poses him in official material, the way he was portrayed in MNOG, he just looks impressive and formidable.

Lovely artwork too. I love how you depict the actual pieces in this style  :) 

I've recently read for the first time the books about the Toa Mata, and Kopaka's personality is the most interesting to me. It's good to see there are other Kopaka fans out there!

Also, thank you :)

hidron_nuva_idea.png

Kopaka Mata wields a shield.  Master Kopaka is a shield.  :D

• Upvote 2

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

• 3 weeks later...

G1 Kopaka looks like a calm, centered warrior, likely to be very efficient in movement and conservative in defense.

G2 Kopaka looks like his entire strategy is centered around hitting things very hard, and then checking to see if he hit them hard enough.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom