I herald from the LMBs, and over there they plan to shut down the Old Bio Roleplay. I am wondering how easy it would be to say copy entire topics from that forum onto my hard drive, and how hard that would be.

Thanks.

P.S. I think this is the right sub forum for posting this. Right?

Want to join a Bionicle RP with seasoned RPers, vast amounts of topics to post in, and a Wikia to make it easy to get involved?

Come on over to Gen1RP.  :smilenuju:

I herald from the LMBs, and over there they plan to shut down the Old Bio Roleplay. I am wondering how easy it would be to say copy entire topics from that forum onto my hard drive, and how hard that would be.

Thanks.

It depends.

If this is a question about your computer hard drive capability, it should go in COT.

If this is a question about re-posting the whole topics on BZPower, it should go in Q&A.

Thanks.

It depends.

If this is a question about your computer hard drive capability, it should go in COT.

If this is a question about re-posting the whole topics on BZPower, it should go in Q&A.

Yeah, I'd say this goes in COT since it sounds like you want to know how to copy something onto your hard drive.

And if it's the latter, I doubt you'll get a yes, even if it's just for archival purposes.

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

^To add to that, if there's an option to change how many posts are displayed per page, you could temporarily set it to the maximum setting to reduce how many pages you need to save. If the site in question has a print view or archive view, that might allow you to save the content without a bunch of useless site navigation and use info boxes taking up space.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any reliable method of automating the process, especially for sites where pages are dynamically generated. I think DownThemAll adds a download all links option to the context menu, but that likely won't capture everything you want and will likely capture a lot you don't want.

Just so you know, I'm blinad