Omega Revamp

InvaderZeta

Omega. Wow. A MOC I made a looong time ago based on this idea I thought was awesome. Big hands, and one huge wheel as a foot. So I made him using that idea. ...He did not turn out how I wanted.

Here is the front of old Omega, and here is the back of old Omega. And then two years after building Omega (I took him apart within a few days of building him), I decided to try to build him again, and hoping he would be awesome this time around. And I created:(file linked)Now as you can see, a huge change I made was his body arm connection... thing. In the original, I had his shoulders WAY above his head. But when I revamped him, I realized I like it A LOT better with the top body flipping behind his back. So I consider his "Classic" look to be his "Attack" mode.FrontBackSide PoseFavorite PoseSecond Favorite PoseClassic FrontClassic BackClassic Side PoseSPINS! WEEEEEEE!Revamp SpinClassic Spin

Edited by Makaru
File over 500kb

Wow, that's really good! I mean the wheel guard is a strange colour but I'm willing to ignore it because it's the right shape. Have you thought of using a bigger wheel?Anyhow I like how you've used those icky torso pieces and actually made them look decent, that alone stands out to me. Also you've contrasted the yellow against black really well, looks like a bee! Good hands too, it's good they can reach the ground because otherwise... how would he brake?

sigpic2.png

This is very good. Neat concept, and very well-executed. I like the hands - the finger construction would look very odd on a normal MOC, but it works great here, and I really like those wrist guards. Nice use of Telluris's helmet, by the way. The color scheme looks solid as well, with the exception of the wheel guard and some blue pins, which you should make black if possible. And I agree with PooZy that the wheel should be bigger. Overall, though, great job.:t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

• 2 weeks later...

There are no words that describe this MOC but...AMAZING!!! I love the use of color scheme, and the fact that HE HAS A WHEEL FOR LEGS!!!! Thanks for posting this MOC http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/confusedw.gif-The Bane!

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

• 2 weeks later...

I think that the only way you could improve this MOC is to have only three digits on each hand, instead of four, and to bulk up the forearms a bit. 9.9/10

I have tried similar designs using two fingers and a thumb, and they look kinda odd. But the lower armsssssssss... yyyeah. I was short on ideas, and the only things I could come up with I had already used those pieces on other MOCs. Although now that you reminded me, I might try again to fix that bland part.

• 2 weeks later...

The entire model strikes me as very well put together. He reminds me of the one random transformer from rotf, just a different color scheme, 'cept he's not. I've attempted to use the mata nui shield/shoulder pieces as a wrist-guard idea for a less detailed MOC, but that hasn't worked out well yet, but it looks really good on this model!

• 2 weeks later...