ENDLESS

Ghidora131

end1.png

Endless

Written by Ghidora131

To coincide with and prelude to Shades Of The Past

It had been three years since the portal closed.

In that time span, there had been a civil war, a corruption of several members, and a near-leveling of the Kanohi Force tower. With that, the staff had removed several of the force's rights, and things were near collapse once again.

In the last month, the Tower had been reconstructed, but this time out on the mountains. Ghidora had devised a sort of safehouse underneath, which he then began to cram with duplicates of stuff they already had. The internal structure of the building had begun to decay, and it was a question if the tower would even last a year. With Shadow and IcarusBen designing a blueprint for a new tower, and Ghidora making numerous edits, it seemed the force would be back together in a week.

Hah. Ahaha.

Clearly, we had no idea what we were thinking.

This next series of chapters will try to explain what really happened to the Kanohi Force, despite the assurance of the contrary by the staff. Any and all sections here are to be taken as absolute facts, although they are in the perspective of whoever was witnessing them, edited to a third-person view. We will hope to finally reveal to the public what actually happened to BZ-Metru, the appearance of the World-Fighter, and the destruction of a universe.

~Dallior.

Edited by Ghidora131

• 4 weeks later...

Part 1

Apocalypse

Chapter 1

Welcome

madnesssss.jpg

IcarusBen.

Known throughout the entire force as head of the development of BZP's armed forces. He was paid in seven figures for his work, although he spent most his time underground developing technology. Despite his incredible investment, most of the money went to acquiring parts and materials, and keeping the press happy. At the moment, however, he was moving as quietly as he could through a darkened hallway, the faintest sound freezing him in his tracks.

And then - a door swung open from the side, and a tall, fearsome shadow fell over the newfound light. It didn't last long, for it disappeared in a puff, making the shadow look like a heat wave; warping around the light with a watery texture. IcarusBen rolled and began to run, beads of sweat forming under his Portal 2 Wheatley helmet. He had engineered it to follow eye movement and make the electronic eye face wherever they pointed. It also contained instant communication to his ship, the BZS Daedalus, and his private ship, the BZS Valykire.

Soft, questioning whispers darted around his head, as if the being chasing him was toying with his mind. The dark hallways seemed to never end, but it must. It had to. There was no infinite...

With a thud, the escaping shipmaster slammed into the far door. Groaning, he turned to make sure the being wasn't following. His night vision detected not even a trace of shadow, so he turned and opened the door.

-----

Aerixx rested his legs in the medical room of the Kanohi Force Tower, which had been moved back to the mountainside and the basement converted to a storehouse/museum. The grand opening was the next day, and stress had been high for the group. Aerixx, however, was completely chill during it all, his only duty so far being to get rid of anyone who was an annoyance and keep them from vandalizing the outer walls, which he performed with remarkable success.

The rest of the Leedurship was present in the room. Pohatu, the Leedur of stone, an exact duplicate of the set itself, was seated by a table, sitting upright, writing out a report of IcarusBen's progress. The 1st Shadow, a short black-and-dark green augmented Av-Matoran and the oldest of the Leedurz, sat with a nervous face in a backwards wooden chair, resting his elbows as he thought of how Ghidora would react. Jakura Nuva, the Leedur of canon, the second-tallest of the group and the best friend of the suited psycho, was relaxing in a hospital bed. Not due to injuries, despite his death rate, but simply relaxing, waiting for Ghidora to lash out about Ben's progress. Dallior, a Matoran of Fire with a mostly black colour scheme and the shortest in height of them all, stood by the second bed, nervously tending to the occupant, trying to stop his shaking. Arzaki was the Leedur of fire, a dual-wielding combat master with a Kualsi, polishing his mask with a soft sponge from one of the surgical drawers impatiently.

As for Ghidora himself, he was the tallest Leedur, towering above the others with an incredibly thin frame and manic manner. Seen as the symbolic power of the Kanohi Force, he was the unspoken master of them all, and most of his life involved the Kanohi Force almost entirely. His elegant appearance and ghastly face was disrupted by a crinkled brow and a constant whisper of a groan as he paced up and down the room with two fingers pressing in between his eyebrows. The shuddering figure on the bed awoke suddenly, looking around before a rigid familiarity with the place set in.

"Seven times, Ben. SEVEN TIMES!!" The titan roared, holding himself back from springing onto the bed and throttling the only human member of the force. "We have done this hallway routine seven times, and every single time you walk into the door, I jump you, and you pass out! Are you really sure you're capable of holding the position as head guard for the tower's unveiling while the staff walk right by you??"

"Well maybe if you didn't have two million teeth and didn't scream at the top of your lungs I would have a better chance!" Icarus rubbed his wrists nervously, still shaking slightly.

"Well, you failed. If you really want a job, we can assign you to parking lot manager. You've got two hours to think about it and let us know. And leave this room as soon as you are able; we have more testing to do."

The core-wearer simply scowled at the taller being, looking around at the rest of the Leedurship for some kind of a comment. But there was none, only a silent, questioning glance or a turned back. Eventually, he got up, still trembling, trying to ignore Dallior's reassuring words of kindness as he led him to the door.

"You know," Aerixx began in his cool, uncaring manner as soon as the door closed, choosing to be the one to give Ghidora reproach before anyone else could. "That was kinda salty towards Ben there. I get this is a big deal 'n all, but you don't need to go so brutal on the kid. I mean, it's a kid's group. We don't want to appear..."

The glaring and tiring eyes of the suited psycho looked down upon the lounging figure. "Too caustic, lest the staff shut down the grand opening itself."

Ghidora sighed deeply. "It's not that which I'm worried about. It's having the kid there at all. Today he has a business meeting with Black Six, and he;s not gonna like what he has to say."

-----

After taking several homeopathics and some therapy, IcarusBen ascended the stairs of the staff's tower with a bundle of papers under his arm. "Stupid Ghidora... Usually he accompanies me, since he's so much better at legal stuff..." He grumbled under his breath as the futuristic elevator took him to the head moderator's office.

Inside, an elegant crimson carpet on a reddish brown wood floor led up to a massive desk which seemed more akin to a courtroom than an office. Behind the layers of business matters and hate mail sat Black Six, one of the only humans in BZ-Metru. He quickly put a separate sheet of figures in a side drawer and cleared some space so he could clearly see his manufacturer. "Hello Ben. Have a seat, won't you?"

IcarusBen was so used to this routine it didn't even impress him any more. A chair rose from the floor, he stepped around it, and took his seat. "This is unusual, sir. You requested me at the beginning of the month instead of during the middle. Has something occurred?"

The mod chuckled quietly at how unbusiness-like Icarus was without his superior there. "Well, Mr. IcarusBen, we have had some developments come to fruition that have rather neatly reproduced your particular services in a reasonable and cost-effective manner to suit BZPower as a whole. In the future, perhaps we will be able to fully appreciate how far technology has brought-"

"Which means?" IcarusBen said with a nervous glare. He didn't like where this was going.

"It means we've dispensed with your services and have begun manufacture of our own fleet, minus the expensive payments to you." Black Six grinned slightly. "In the meantime, your end-of-the-month check will still arrive on schedule, and after that all business terms will cease. Oh, and we will require the immediate handing over of your entire fleet, minus the Valykire and Daedalus, in prevention of an uprising."

Icarus stammered for a moment before bringing his fist down on the end of the desk. "Y-You can't do this to me! With all that I've done! With how much I've helped you!"

Black Six's face darkened instantly. "We do what we please. If that doesn't please you, we can discuss alternate terms..." He slowly reached for the hammer under his desk, making a slight noise as he did so, revealing his actions to Ben. Luckily he didn't ave to pull it out, for soon after a distressed and sickened IcarusBen was pacing into the elevator and back to the streets below.

-----

A long walk through the happy streets told the world how miserable he was feeling right then. Sadness washed over him like a strong breeze. All his entire company operations were about to be shut down, and he'd only keep his two main ships. Look on the bright side. At least I can keep the other two... But it's not fair! It's just-

Some screams broke his odd silence. He glanced around to see people running towards him. Nervous, he pulled out a futuristic-looking pistol from his jacket pocket, and the last thing he remembered was seeing The Editor a ways off.

A dial tone. Pitch blackness. Some odd compiled code he only saw a handful of. And then, the light...

He woke up on the rusted lawn chair set up by the pool on the top of the Kanohi Force tower. The Leedurz were huddled around, discussing in severe tones, about a tragedy that had occured, speaking of filing paperwork for death-related repossessing of property and bypassing the aforementioned papers. After a while Dallior noticed him, and brought Ghidora's attention to it.

"Oh, you're awake finally. You just respawned about two minutes ago. No need trying to explain, I saw the whole thing."

"What happened?" Ben sat up, using his momentum to stand. "Did I die?"

"Yeah." Jakura shrugged. "Odd text, black nothing... I see it a lot."

"Irrelevent." Shadow butted in. "Ghidora, I'm bringing the rest of the force in for a briefing. You tell them what you saw. In Hangdown. With Dane."

With a slight glare to the Av-Matoran and a sweeping bow to the Leedurship, the nimble wisp of a madman slid downstairs.

Review Topic.

Edited by Ghidora131
  • Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

Chapter 2

Full Force

hni_0012.jpg

Dallior shook The Editor softly. "Wake up, please... This is important..."

The latter slowly sat up on his bed and rubbed his eyes, before glaring suspiciously at the Leedur. "Now hey, what are you doing in my room? more so, waking me while I'm trying to nap?"

"Look, it's an emergency." Dallior huffed out, trying to hide his excitement. "Come on, the rest of the force is waiting for you!"

-----

The Editor found himself on a bench placed near the podium in the meeting room for the whole force. Every member of the Kanohi Force was there, all eyeing him, Dane, and IcarusBen, who sat next to him on either side. The room was more fit for a government meeting than a disgruntled club, but they used it nonetheless. Behind the stand was a large symbol of the Kanohi Flashbaki, two flags representing Bionicle and BZPower, and an odd chair in the corner.

The tallest person there had walked from the back of the room with a pile of papers under his arm as he tried to attach a clip-on microphone to his suit, up to the podium itself. Dallior tried to get people to quiet down, but it was unnecessary, for the pale, dead face of Ghidora held everyone silent.

"What you are about to see and hear," He began, glancing back and forth at the assembled crowd, and especially to the seven chairs in the far back assigned to the Leedurship, "Will be public knowledge in less than 24 hours due to circumstances beyond our control, but you get the honour of being the first to know."

A slight grumble was heard from Dane.

"This," the lights dimmed suddenly as a slide projector turned on in the back, displaying a massive set of gears, rods, and security equipment. "Is Hangdown. Aside from the H.A.P.O.R.I. system, this is the most powerful machine in BZ-Nui ever to exist. With it, it can control any robotic material in any dimension that has any connection to BZ-Nui. It can also stop the functions of every BZPower member, save a few, essentially trapping them in time." Ghidora turned towards the wall while saying this, and then he turned back to the force as he finished. "And I own it."

Shadow's face was as white as snow for a second before his temper flared up. "Do you mean you've had a device this whole time to control all of us?!"

Ghidora ignored him and continued. "With this machine, Dane and I were able to track down a much more corrupt, alternate dimension of BZPower, only to find the whole thing had gone to ruin, and the only machine still functioning was a Vahki unit. We-"

"Answer the question!" Voices began roaring from the stands, as several members insisted on the truth of the matter, IcarusBen in particular. Jakura stood up in defense, and held his hand out to get their attention. "I did not say what he hid was not wrong, but I know him well enough that he'll tell us, in his own way."

"...We reprogrammed this unit," Ghidora continued, with a weary, frustrated expression. "to undermine what had happened and stop whatever was going on. Turns out the entire thing was a dying dimension, aided in its downfall by our dear friend here."

He pointed his metal-plated arm towards The Editor, who began fidgeting in his seat and turning deathly pale. "The Alternate-Dimension Editor, although for the sake of time I will refer to him as A-E. He found a fractured Spiegel Stone, and used it to begin destroying the universe and give him the powers of the dimension itself."

He gave a sad chuckle. "However, alternate Me had already thought of the idea and had begun to do it... On Himself. He attached himself into the universe's plain of existence, which means it wouldn't die until he did. And since the whole place kinda went to Karzahni... I got to watch myself and a fraction of you die, horribly."

"On to the point," he said abruptly, shuffling his stack of papers he wasn't actually reading off of after a long and worrying silence. "That Vahki Dane hacked into made it out alive through the Spiegel Stone, which... Also... Let one of the most powerful beings ever into BZ-Nui."

The Force murmured back and forth, silent questions to Ghidora seemingly being spoken through their eyes. "Of course, the staff has no clue of any of this, but I'm sure they'll find out within the hour. If you're wondering about whether or not we have to combat this threat, the answer is - most obviously - yes. We'll need to move quickly, of course, in order.. To..."

He trailed off as he watched the seven reserved chairs, the one containing the Gukko Lord on the end losing its owner after he slammed his fists into the arm rests, jumped up, and angrily slapped his chair into the next row. "That's it. I quit the force. I can't take you unrelenting stupidity and these ridiculous shenanigans. Good bye."

The Force broke into cries of 'don't go!' and 'please don't leave!', while others still whispered in loud voices and the Leedurz looked at each other in shock. "Shut up!" Aerixx roared as he stormed out the emergency exit, leaving Dallior to quickly deactivate the alarm. Ghidora rubbed his forehead slowly, and again rearranged his papers before folding them up and walking down the isle, only to freeze in one place with a look of panic on his face.

"Quiet!" He snapped. "Listen! Now!"

The noise died down almost entirely. Some of the members and Leedurz began to hear a soft, living sound in the far, far distance. It was a series of screams.

Like a swarm of insects, the entirety of the organization poured out the door to find out what it was that was causing the screams. Instantly the silver form of Aerixx hoisting himself up onto a rooftop was seen, at the top of a large office complex short enough to provide even the near-sighted with a very good view of the whole thing. It had the decay of about ten years of rain and snow from past seasons and shenanigans, as did most of the buildings in the city.

It was impossible to ignore. He was impossible to ignore. Floating in the same three-quarter sphere was Alternate Editor, standing directly in front of the pineapple-loving Gukko lord. However, there was a slight difference in his appearance, and that being he was practically oozing shadow from every spot on his body. His eyes glowed with raw power, his whole appearance spoke of pure force. The former Leedur was gripping his electric buzzsaw whip, standing in a slightly defensive pose before he charged, a silent roar coming from his mouth.

It all happened so fast.

As he tore through the air, eating up the yards in between him and the villain, it seemed like time decided to slow down and make the scene appropriate for a final goodbye. Sweat rolled off his face as he brought the whip in to remove A-E's intestines, imagining - only dreaming - of what would occur if he failed.

And he was destined to, for the whip shattered to bits against A-E's body, as he felt a surge flow through him and his body freeze in place inches from the figure. The fragments washed over the glowing Miru Nuva, a glimpse of what was underneath seen already by those with Akakus and a very good view for Aerixx.

The villain's body was bruised, cut, bashed, beaten, devastated, all very recent wounds. His chest was heaving, his eyes staring, his whole figure underneath speaking of a very vicious and brutal battle. They outstanding view didn't last very long, however, for the much more riveting and attention-drawing scene of some odd, needle-like object entering Aerixx's chest and what followed demanded full focus.

The object was a small, fractional taste of A-E's power. As it seeped into his body, it pierced into every vein, every nerve, in every bone, and began to expand in the most painful way possible.

Aerixx forced his head round as he felt his body slowly being torn to shreds. There was the Kanohi Force, but more specifically, the Leedurship, who had stood by him and him by them for almost the entire time he lived in BZ-Nui. He closed his eyes as blood filled his vision. This, is for you... It may as well have been spoken.

The next second, there was no more Aerixx, as his entire body exploded into a mass of fluids and shrapnel, flying every which-way while his warped mask clinked against the rooftop and fell into the nearby alley. He let out a laugh-scream as he died, freezing everyone in place and preventing them from doing anything to stop the monster.

The Alternate Editor turned, and gave a sad smile, as the reasoning of the BZP members started to come to.

Then he was gone.

Review Topic.

• 1 month later...

Chapter 3

Fall Away

hni_0065.jpg

Black Six.

Head Moderator of BZPower, and the secondary leader of BZ-Nui under Dimensioneer. And currently the number-one guy mad at the Kanohi Force.

He was fuming at his desk, reports from several members of BZPower on his desk, some saying Aerixx killed himself, others saying Ghidora had torn his head off and eaten his eyelids, and one from Dane saying they all smelled like trash. It appears even violent murder right in front of him was not enough to curb his saltiness.

Shadow meekly crept into his office, clutching his staff nervously, noticing the head mod was turning as red as Jakura. "Y-you know, it's a wonderful d-day for a walk around town, a-and I thought..."

"Shadow!!"

He cringed at the thunderous voice. "Two months ago Ghidora promised to meet me to discuss Aerixx's death, and why he hasn't respawned. Two months ago. And seventeen more deaths have occured!" He slammed his fist down on the table. "Why has he run of and refused to speak or contact any of the moderators, much less be present in the city?!"

Shadow sucked up what courage he had. "Well sir, he's been investigating the glass isles. He said the recent deaths link back to them. But-"

Black Six smiled. "Well now, I'll send my mod crew to retrieve him! Thank you for the assistance, Shadow. You may go."

Shadow got up without another word and left the office.

-----

Arzaki sat in the chute train and stared out the window. He was suddenly aware of a massive dent in the side of the train. Also the seventy people on-board panicking. And the fact that there was a chainsaw-thing stuck in the roof.

"Huh... Must've been... Daydreaming. Yep. Totally daydreaming."

He unsheathed his two swords; his favorite swords, Flamereaver Twins. The members on-board began rushing to the other side of the cabin as the chainsaw-thing began tearing the roof off. Arzaki waited until the roof began to lift off the train, and then...

He jumped upwards, igniting his swords, only to land in the open maw of an insect... What? But this insect was huge! And covered in metal armour, dressed up like a samurai shogun, and very, very bulky...

Before Arzaki could react, blue flames erupted from the insect's mouth, scorching Arzaki with an all-too familiar feeling... Needless to say,  he didn't like it very much, and tried to hack awa at the creature, only to find it was ridiculously resillient. "What on earth?! Yee-owch!!"

He blasted fire straight off his side into the creature's mouth. It gave a cry of pain in a voice that sounded like a spawn of Karzahni being crushed to death. He was dropped, but was instantly rammed by the six golden legs and smashed into the side of a building, the large creature still on top of him.

"Y.... You? Last I saw you, you only had two legs..."

"Where is Ghidora?" It roared. "At last I will have my revenge!!!"

-----

Shadow raced through the city on his Shadecycle, spying the skies in case Ghiddy might fall out of it. He was trying to get there before the staff; there being the glass isles. He was on the phone with Meyres.

"Shadow, what in the name of all that is right in this world are the glass isles??"

"Do I have to tell you again? The glass isles are a mysterious set of islands that are completely invisible, save for the grass and stuff growing on them. No-one knows how the glass isles came into existence, but one day Ghiddy picked up the Moldy Throne and-"

"Shadow... What's the moldy throne?"

He facepalmed. "You know, the one odd stone throne I picked up on that jungle expedition we did? It was covered in mold, and... Look who cares. It was in the courtyard, Ghiddy grabbed it, and WHAT IN-"

The BZ-Pad shattered to pieces as he was knocked into an alleyway by a very tall figure. He tumbled across the ground, slamming back-first, upside-down, into a dumpster. The figure laughed maniacally, scraping his blade with his massive claws. "Now, I haven't had nearly as much fun as when I killed Pakas... But perhaps this will come close."

He was an eyesore. Red blades bleeding colour into the eyes of whoever dared to look at him erupted from his shoulders. A tube which appeared to not only be made of his body, but also of steel, connected to his hand. and most importantly, two bladed claws held a shield made from a torso, probably from a Matoran who was unfortunate enough to cross the figure's path- and a massive blade, wicked and curved, which the character clearly loved to drum his claws on.

"I'm sad Arzaki couldn't be here to tear apart instead," He gloated, eyeing the Matoran maliciously. "But you'll be a fun toy, all the same."

-----

Ghidora was walking through the middle of the street carrying the Moldy Throne, when all of a sudden Shadow zipped past on the Shadecycle, too fast to notice who he was. He stood there partially dazed for a moment, until a portal opened directly behind him, and out stepped a silver figure in a silver cape with a silver shield and a silver sword.

"...What. Are you Aerixx's grandpa or something?" He asked with some asperity, already upset he was being stalled.

"Foolish Toa." The figure grunted, adjusting his Avohkii. "I am the light's light. You will not-"

He was punched in the face and then roundhouse-kicked, sending him into the closest building. The figure roared, climbing out of the broken glass and stepping through the hole only to have Ghiddy slide towards him, trip him, then grab his legs and throw him again.

"Give, up! You're so pathetic even Ben could beat you. What are you, a running gag?"

"ENOUGH!! I was promised Shadow. Who are you?! You will not stand in the way of Lord Ghutan!"

Review Topic.