Official BBC Contest #73: Brickin' It Old School

Just noticed that it says that the finalists will have their mocs shown at Brickfair Virginia. Better get my parcel ready.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Since I can't use my custom Kakama, would it be alright to use a normal Kakama that's been painted black? Cause a brown Kakama on a mostly black and silver character would stick out like a sore thumb...

The rules say no painted parts, I don't think they would make an exception for that  :)

The Chronicles of The Chronicler WIP.

Hey-O, I leik Jell-O

Since I can't use my custom Kakama, would it be alright to use a normal Kakama that's been painted black? Cause a brown Kakama on a mostly black and silver character would stick out like a sore thumb...

The rules say no painted parts, I don't think they would make an exception for that  :)

A black kakama isn't anything new but what do I know. :P

Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.

It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot!

Please don't answer questions if you're not contest staff.

As it says in the rules, painted pieces aren't allowed. Please make sure you read the rules before submitting your entry.
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

Would it be alright if I submitted my entry on his mount?

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Oh, man! Saw this and thought I'd enter . . . Didn't realize the entry period closed next Tuesday. Guess I'd better be cracking down and building this weekend. I used to build almost solely Bionicle, lately I've almost exclusively touched system, it'll be nice to see if I'm still able to put anything good out. 

EDIT: Can someone be sure to get some good pictures of the finalists at Brickfair? Quite a while ago I was one of the finalists of a BBC contest and sent my MoC over there. I found one picture of mine there, but it wasn't the best. In retrospect, I wish I had a better picture to remember it by. 

Edited by The 10th Rider

Eh, quick question. I suppose this isn't necessarily to the mods of the contest, as it's user voting judging, but are we talking purely aesthetics of G1, or parts too? I know it's been asked. But I haven't been around here a while and I don't really know if I build an MoC that has a few G2 parts and building techniques, but the general aesthetic is G1, how people will react considering it's a contest to build G1 stuff. Would that be frowned upon? I think aesthetically my MoC is very G1 right now. 

Eh, quick question. I suppose this isn't necessarily to the mods of the contest, as it's user voting judging, but are we talking purely aesthetics of G1, or parts too? I know it's been asked. But I haven't been around here a while and I don't really know if I build an MoC that has a few G2 parts and building techniques, but the general aesthetic is G1, how people will react considering it's a contest to build G1 stuff. Would that be frowned upon? I think aesthetically my MoC is very G1 right now.

You're welcome to use any pieces you have in your collection, G1 or G2. I think if it's cool enough, and looks G1, even if it uses G2 pieces, people will still consider it a worthy entry.

Ended up putting things off until the last minute.  I guess I could bring out one of my old MoCs that I have lying around or try to scrounge something up in a couple hours, but that wouldn't feel right (and the first one is heavily frowned upon anyways).

Also, I'm a tad hesitant about sending my stuff to Virginia, so there's that.

Still kinda bummed tho.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )